• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (1999) Jill Vs. Ada

VP-70

The Confucius of ReNews...Cheers KK.
Well it depends really, Both ladies in question have very different attributes and styles.

Jill is most peoples sweetheart so she'll get a bias backing im sure (not that there is anything wrong with that )

Jill is your survival horror hardened quick thinking Fox

Whereas the lady Ada is your sleek, clever and lethal cat.

Personally im not going to awnser this because i just wouldn't want to see these two women have a dust up.

So i'll just say Jill would probably be more up for a fist fight and ada more of a hit and run. take your pick.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
That's all pretty good sounding. Ada though, seems to have been watching The Matrix trilogy with Wesker, as she also has a lot of those over-the-top action moves.

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
I would imagine Ada would be very good from a distance being that she is ninja like but i think Jill would dominate in a hand to hand fight just because i think she has the survival mentality and lots of training in close quarters combat.

JACKXS

ada paly her seting like a chesse game and drop to combat as neeeded.
jill was traind as a combat and her skill with locks and traps due to her dads past giving her the skill to bypass over a hunder locks nad so on they faild to ues in re1 it all depends on who pick the location

over a hundred locks and traps

RadoctoPradicto

Ooooooolala
That Would Be Awesome, With Jill Fighting Like She Did In Resident Evil 5 And Ada Fighting In Resident Evil 4, I Wanna See This Lol

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
Capcomplicated;87258 said:
I would imagine Ada would be very good from a distance being that she is ninja like but i think Jill would dominate in a hand to hand fight just because i think she has the survival mentality and lots of training in close quarters combat.

This is how it's going to work out CC

They're going to go shopping together

Valentine89

Just to correct one thing with the Jill fans here who seem to have her Resident Evil 5 Rendition confused. I'm seeing a lot of it both here and on Youtube and I'm amazed people are getting this wrong so consistantly.

Jill was never injected with a virus by Wesker, ever. In fact it actually states in her profile she was a useless test subject for Wesker's Uroboros Virus because the antibodies her immune system built up for the T-Virus were too strong for the virus to adapt to. The only time Jill was ever injected with any sort of Virus was back when the Raccoon City incident happened and Nemesis implanted her with the NE-T Virus, which went into remission when Carlos administered her with a Vaccine.

Jill was under the influence of a drug, not a virus, in Resident Evil 5 as a Virus is a viral thing and it affects your immune system. A drug, however, wears off, which is exactly what happened when Chris and Sheva removed the P30 device which administered her with the drug. Again, it states in her profile that the body's metabolism burns off the effect of P30 chemical unless adminisitered at regular intervals. Had she been under the influence of a Virus, the effects may have been permanent (in Wesker's case, for example) but since it was a performance enhancing drug, the effects wore off. It's in simple English, you just need to actually read what it says and not go off on a tangent.

*rant over*

Anyway, my vote goes to Jill in terms of a face-off. Being the most experienced of the two with a higher list of accomplishments, expertise and skill I think she would own Ada in a fight. It's not an easy task taking on the Nemesis, yet Jill kicked it's ass. I doubt Ada could possibly hold her own against it at the rate Jill could.

Mr Sunshine

Valentine89;94443 said:
Jill was never injected with a virus by Wesker, ever. In fact it actually states in her profile she was a useless test subject for Wesker's Uroboros Virus because the antibodies her immune system built up for the T-Virus were too strong for the virus to adapt to. The only time Jill was ever injected with any sort of Virus was back when the Raccoon City incident happened and Nemesis implanted her with the NE-T Virus, which went into remission when Carlos administered her with a Vaccine.

I don't think I can understand what exactly you are trying to say, but from what I read in the RE 5 files Jill's enhanced immune system is an effect of the harmless part of T-virus which still exists inside her body. Is this what you're saying?

Valentine89

FalleN;94451 said:
I don't think I can understand what exactly you are trying to say, but from what I read in the RE 5 files Jill's enhanced immune system is an effect of the harmless part of T-virus which still exists inside her body. Is this what you're saying?

Perhaps I didn't word things correctly.

A result of Jill being infected with the T-Virus during the Nemesis period was that her body built up an enhanced immune system during the years the virus was dormant. Bear in mind, the T-Virus was dormant in her body for 11 years, as the vaccine Carlos gave her only put it into remission. She was not cured of the virus, the vaccine just made it dormant.

During her cryogenic sleep however, Wesker discovered on her bio-scans that the now mutated version of the T-Virus vanished from her body, and left behind powerful antibodies her body had to build up throughout the years.

Wesker wanted to use Jill as the first prototype of Uroboros in order to get revenge on herself and Chris, however the immune system her body developed made her an unsuitable test subject. After using her antibodies to perfect the Uroboros virus and make it less poisonous, Wesker decided to test out the performance enhancing P30 Chemical on Jill, which was discovered during the research into the Progenitor Virus.

He noted, however, that the P30 Chemical wore off after a very short time due to the body's metabolism, and that to acchieve it's best results it needed to be administered on a routine basis. After attaching the P30 device to her chest, her free will was constantly being usurped by the drug.

Jill was not given a virus, she was given a drug. Her increased strength and agility were the result of the P30 chemical. That's stated by Capcom, not me. :) All of this is stated in her file, which you unlock after beating her in the Monarch Room.

NimAraya

Ada Wong is a dreamy girl. Can't really wish her a failure. Watching her doing all the tricks with those high heel shoes in RE4 is still a huge turn on for me. :wacko: :wub:

Valentine89

I'll try analyse the outcome of that battle as non biased as I can by doing two different character studies, and deducting from that who would win. Considering Umbrella Chonicles faces you against various kinds of enemies, I'm only counting the ones below from the main series, bar the Talos and the T-0400TP as they were canologically defeated.

Jill Valentine

Skills: Highly Skilled with a Lockpick, expert in Bomb Disposal, Highly trained Combat Skills, excellent control over various Firearms, years of Military training

Years in service: Was 24 years of age when The Mansion Incident Occured, worked previously as a member of Delta Force. Now works with the B.S.A.A with 11 years combat experience against B.O.W's.

Combat Style: Jill's hand to hand combat skills rely heavily on kicks and acrobatic attacks, with a strong dependancy on speedy stabs when armed with a knife. Her attacks vary from Tae Kwan Dao Roundhouse kicks to Val Tudo Cartwheel kicks, and she is also capable of incorporating excellent gymnastic and acrobatic manouvers into her assaults, as witnessed with her Neck Snap attack. Her army training has encouraged Jill to keep an incredibly toned physique and she has displayed strength beyond that of any average woman her age when she tackled Albert Wesker out a 30 story window and amazingly survived the fall.

Has battled: Zombies, Crimson Heads, Cerberi, Web Spinners, Yawn, Hunters (versions a, b and y), Neptune, Mutated Crows, Plant 41, Chimera, T-002 Tyrant, Drain Demos, Brain Suckers, Sliding Worm, Lisa Trevor, Grave Digger, Nemesis, Talos, Guardian of Insanity, Albert Wesker, Majini (both town type and base type), Duvalia, Cephalo, Executioner Majini, Reaper, Chainsaw Majini, Big Man Majini, Agitator Majini and Bui Kichwa

Total enemies fought that we know of: 34

Other skills: Has a resilient immune system due to the antibodies formed to battle the dormant T-Virus that was within her body, has survived not only the Arklay Mansion outbreak but the Raccon City and Kijuju outbreak too, and is apparently ambidextrous and capable of firing a gun with either right or left hand (as witnessed in the ending for Desperate Escape)

Ada Wong

Skills: Trained in the arts of espionage, Trained Assassin, Trained in the art of Stealth, excellent knowledge of firearms

Years in Service:
Currently unknown. Has been working for "The Organisation" undercover since before the first T-Virus outbreak by James Marcus in 1998. Was last seen in action in 2004.

Combat Style: Ada's combat style revolves mainly around flashy looking kicks and somersaults, something which went against her during her interaction with Leon Kennedy in the Salazar Castle in 2004 as her somersault gave Leon the time to draw his knife. Her kicks usually involve a fast, spinning assault on the victim and she is weak competition when armed with a knife. Though she is more comfortable using a weapon than fighting unarmed, Ada is a tactical fighter, known to study her enemy before directly combating them to gain an advantage.

Has Battled: Zombies, Cerberi, Tyrant T-0400TP, Las Plagas, Los Ganados (both Town Type and Base Type), Zealots, Bella Sisters, Garador, El Gigante, Jack Krauser, Osmund Saddler

Total enemies fought that we know of:

Other Skills:
Ada is prone to using a Hookshot to gain distance away from her foes as well as using it to trip her opponents

Summary

On the basis of skills, years of experience, fighting style and numbers of B.O.W's encountered and faced, it is Jill who walks away from this battle as the clear winner. Having canologically faced more than twice the amount of B.O.W's in her years of service than Ada has, and still living to tell the tale, Jill's battle experience against larger enemies like the Nemesis or Talos imply she's a resourceful and relentless fighter.

However, Ada has shown to rely more on intellect and observation to win in a fight, and as a trained Assassin and Spy her style of combat naturally would not rely on direct confrontation but more of a ranged nature. From a distance, Ada seems to be at an advantage, and this can easily be reached if her Hookshot is capable of shooting to a higher platform. Considering Jill is an expert with various weaponry, distance could easily be covered with a Sniper Rifle. This battle would ultimately be won via cunning and intelligence, which seems to be more suited towards Ada's fighting style.

In a direct confrontation, with no weapons, Jill's combat skills are far superior. Her attacks are hard hitting, fast, direct, and varied in comparisson to Ada's flashier and almost non professional style. When armed with a knife, Ada again falls to Miss Valentine due to lacking speed with her knife strikes (compared via their stabbing motions in Resi 4 and 5).

In conclusion, Jill is the winner in a direct combat situation, as well as a being a better survivor and soldier with her former experiences and defeated B.O.W's. Ada's only chance of winning the battle is to rely heavily on keeping a distance away from Jill and relying on the stealth and analytical aspects of her espionage training.

Top Bottom