• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (1999) Jill Vs. Ada

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Well...Ada is more of a hand to hand combat fighter...and i think she could probably think on her feet faster...but jill has more experiance...then again i bet it's a lot harder to get to Ada's postition as a spy than to Jill's as a S.T.A.R.S. member...

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
NimAraya;99744 said:
Ada Wong is a dreamy girl. Can't really wish her a failure. Watching her doing all the tricks with those high heel shoes in RE4 is still a huge turn on for me. :wacko: :wub:
The high heels... Normally a huge disadvantage when fighting, but maybe Ada could turn them into a deadly weapon. Maybe she would have them upgraded for this fight and fire them like harpoons. xD

Valentine89;100000 said:
I'll try analyse the outcome of that battle as non biased as I can by doing two different character studies, and deducting from that who would win. Considering Umbrella Chonicles faces you against various kinds of enemies, I'm only counting the ones below from the main series, bar the Talos and the T-0400TP as they were canologically defeated.

Jill Valentine

Skills: Highly Skilled with a Lockpick, expert in Bomb Disposal, Highly trained Combat Skills, excellent control over various Firearms, years of Military training

Years in service: Was 24 years of age when The Mansion Incident Occured, worked previously as a member of Delta Force. Now works with the B.S.A.A with 11 years combat experience against B.O.W's.

Combat Style: Jill's hand to hand combat skills rely heavily on kicks and acrobatic attacks, with a strong dependancy on speedy stabs when armed with a knife. Her attacks vary from Tae Kwan Dao Roundhouse kicks to Val Tudo Cartwheel kicks, and she is also capable of incorporating excellent gymnastic and acrobatic manouvers into her assaults, as witnessed with her Neck Snap attack. Her army training has encouraged Jill to keep an incredibly toned physique and she has displayed strength beyond that of any average woman her age when she tackled Albert Wesker out a 30 story window and amazingly survived the fall.

Has battled: Zombies, Crimson Heads, Cerberi, Web Spinners, Yawn, Hunters (versions a, b and y), Neptune, Mutated Crows, Plant 41, Chimera, T-002 Tyrant, Drain Demos, Brain Suckers, Sliding Worm, Lisa Trevor, Grave Digger, Nemesis, Talos, Guardian of Insanity, Albert Wesker, Majini (both town type and base type), Duvalia, Cephalo, Executioner Majini, Reaper, Chainsaw Majini, Big Man Majini, Agitator Majini and Bui Kichwa

Total enemies fought that we know of: 34

Other skills: Has a resilient immune system due to the antibodies formed to battle the dormant T-Virus that was within her body, has survived not only the Arklay Mansion outbreak but the Raccon City and Kijuju outbreak too, and is apparently ambidextrous and capable of firing a gun with either right or left hand (as witnessed in the ending for Desperate Escape)

Ada Wong

Skills: Trained in the arts of espionage, Trained Assassin, Trained in the art of Stealth, excellent knowledge of firearms

Years in Service:
Currently unknown. Has been working for "The Organisation" undercover since before the first T-Virus outbreak by James Marcus in 1998. Was last seen in action in 2004.

Combat Style: Ada's combat style revolves mainly around flashy looking kicks and somersaults, something which went against her during her interaction with Leon Kennedy in the Salazar Castle in 2004 as her somersault gave Leon the time to draw his knife. Her kicks usually involve a fast, spinning assault on the victim and she is weak competition when armed with a knife. Though she is more comfortable using a weapon than fighting unarmed, Ada is a tactical fighter, known to study her enemy before directly combating them to gain an advantage.

Has Battled: Zombies, Cerberi, Tyrant T-0400TP, Las Plagas, Los Ganados (both Town Type and Base Type), Zealots, Bella Sisters, Garador, El Gigante, Jack Krauser, Osmund Saddler

Total enemies fought that we know of:

Other Skills:
Ada is prone to using a Hookshot to gain distance away from her foes as well as using it to trip her opponents

Summary

On the basis of skills, years of experience, fighting style and numbers of B.O.W's encountered and faced, it is Jill who walks away from this battle as the clear winner. Having canologically faced more than twice the amount of B.O.W's in her years of service than Ada has, and still living to tell the tale, Jill's battle experience against larger enemies like the Nemesis or Talos imply she's a resourceful and relentless fighter.

However, Ada has shown to rely more on intellect and observation to win in a fight, and as a trained Assassin and Spy her style of combat naturally would not rely on direct confrontation but more of a ranged nature. From a distance, Ada seems to be at an advantage, and this can easily be reached if her Hookshot is capable of shooting to a higher platform. Considering Jill is an expert with various weaponry, distance could easily be covered with a Sniper Rifle. This battle would ultimately be won via cunning and intelligence, which seems to be more suited towards Ada's fighting style.

In a direct confrontation, with no weapons, Jill's combat skills are far superior. Her attacks are hard hitting, fast, direct, and varied in comparisson to Ada's flashier and almost non professional style. When armed with a knife, Ada again falls to Miss Valentine due to lacking speed with her knife strikes (compared via their stabbing motions in Resi 4 and 5).

In conclusion, Jill is the winner in a direct combat situation, as well as a being a better survivor and soldier with her former experiences and defeated B.O.W's. Ada's only chance of winning the battle is to rely heavily on keeping a distance away from Jill and relying on the stealth and analytical aspects of her espionage training.
Good job you did there! :)
But if Jill has fought 34 different types of enemies, the total number must be greater. She has not just fought one individual of each type of enemy? It's hard to believe.
Same with Ada, 13 types of enemies. The total number of enemiees must be much greater.

RESidentEVIL9717

if any of you remember HOW jill dived out the window with wesker was so if they continued the same way, jill would have landed on wesker causing him to take the damage and her taking a lot less, some but not all. She was not expeimented on since he found that her body was immune to the T-virus, and then he was going to use her to get back at his arch nemisis Chris Redfeild. but i dont llike to concider 4 or 5 as art of the RES games main stream.

sadistic_greyfox

Jill, although Ada usually can find the right weaponry at any given time and has a knack for getting out of trouble. Actually I'm not even sure but going on Jill's experiences from re 1 3 5 and darkside chronicles I think she has the combat experience.

Darkstar Darin

Wesker's secret project. D-Virus.
idk which u mean so i'll do it like dis
RE3 Jill vs Ada: Ada, idk y tho
RE5 Jill vs Ada: Jill, u already kno y

Lirium

Ada. Yes Jill tackles Wesker out of a window. Cool. I'm sure Chris could tackle him out a window too, I think anyone could tackle someone out of a window...football players tackle all the time. xD Just because she can tackle, doesn't mean she'll win. Ada's got a lot of gadgets that Jill wouldnt have or even expect. Now, I'm not saying it'd be a fair hand to hand. But I think Ada would win out of sheer cunning. Jill's a, "Shoot, Run, Tackle, Stab." kind of gal. Ada's calculating, she thinks first, she's got a million gadgets and I think Jill would have a hell of a time even catching UP to Ada. Yes Jill beat Sheva and Chris, but how much of that was her and not the enhancement from the Control device. She didn't have control of her body, Wesker did. I'm sure he could of made her pick her nose too, if he wanted. So not sure how much of that fight was her and not crystal control. :D

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Ada. Yes Jill tackles Wesker out of a window. Cool. I'm sure Chris could tackle him out a window too, I think anyone could tackle someone out of a window...football players tackle all the time. xD Just because she can tackle, doesn't mean she'll win. Ada's got a lot of gadgets that Jill wouldnt have or even expect. Now, I'm not saying it'd be a fair hand to hand. But I think Ada would win out of sheer cunning. Jill's a, "Shoot, Run, Tackle, Stab." kind of gal. Ada's calculating, she thinks first, she's got a million gadgets and I think Jill would have a hell of a time even catching UP to Ada. Yes Jill beat Sheva and Chris, but how much of that was her and not the enhancement from the Control device. She didn't have control of her body, Wesker did. I'm sure he could of made her pick her nose too, if he wanted. So not sure how much of that fight was her and not crystal control. :D

Jill used her mind JUST as much as Ada...she's just no shady and secritive...especiallly considering she used to be a career criminal...She's just as bad as Ada...

Lirium

Jill used her mind JUST as much as Ada...she's just no shady and secritive...especiallly considering she used to be a career criminal...She's just as bad as Ada...

If you want to go off her burglary thing as a child, but honestly I feel being in S.T.A.R.S gave her some morals. If she went at Ada, it would be in a fair (or she would think) fight. I don't see her dropping flash-bang glasses or grappling onto roofs in order to best her. Where as Ada is just as shady to do that sort of thing. I'm not saying Jill's weak, I'm just saying if she went into a fight with Ada, while she's smart and has force on her side, she wouldn't be as prepared as Ada in terms of catching your enemy by surprise. In all the time's we've seen and played as Jill, she's used what around her, which is also a nice talent. But she doesn't come equipped with the things Ada has. It's like Ada plans, for every possible scenario and almost always has a gadget to get her out of a situation. They've both had their fair share of kidnappings, and stupid moments where they get caught. But overall, I think Ada would win on the sheer fact of the element of surprise. :3

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
If you want to go off her burglary thing as a child, but honestly I feel being in S.T.A.R.S gave her some morals. If she went at Ada, it would be in a fair (or she would think) fight. I don't see her dropping flash-bang glasses or grappling onto roofs in order to best her. Where as Ada is just as shady to do that sort of thing. I'm not saying Jill's weak, I'm just saying if she went into a fight with Ada, while she's smart and has force on her side, she wouldn't be as prepared as Ada in terms of catching your enemy by surprise. In all the time's we've seen and played as Jill, she's used what around her, which is also a nice talent. But she doesn't come equipped with the things Ada has. It's like Ada plans, for every possible scenario and almost always has a gadget to get her out of a situation. They've both had their fair share of kidnappings, and stupid moments where they get caught. But overall, I think Ada would win on the sheer fact of the element of surprise. :3

But those gadgets are also usued on people more or less unfamiliar with that technology...Because of the BSAA i'm sure Jill has a great grip on modern technology...

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I'm gonna have to go with Ada. With the amount of time spent playing as either of them (Ada in RE4 and Jill in RE, RE3 and RE 5), I think Ada seems to be the better fighter.

Top Bottom