• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Jensen Ackles as Leon Kennedy

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I don't know how to describe it....but Ackles sounds really over-the-top...when I said I had seen him in Supernatural, it was only a little bit of the episode, before I realized it wasn't Charmed, and I thought he was really forcing his voice to sound like it did....if that makes any sense.

Mercier sounds so much more natural, and more cool I think.

Oh, and as far as the smartass kind of thing goes, you are totally right. In fact, that video you linked me too, while I only watched number 20, had a countdown of funny stuff from that show, and I got a glimpse of that.:) That's the kind of stuff I want from Leon a bit more.

Obviously Leon was overly serious in Degeneration, and while better in DSC, still wasn't the Leon from RE4...maybe he just didn't find the situation appropriate?

Oh i totally get what you mean when you say it was forced...See i've been watching Supernatual from the beggining and when i watch the older episodes as oposed to the newer ones you can tell a huge difference...he actually said something about that in an interview i watched with him...hes definatley gotten better with age...Supernatural just ended its Sixth season yesterday and what you saw was only stuff from the first two seasons...He has gotten a lot more natural sounding i think, becuase i had the same thought you did...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Oh i totally get what you mean when you say it was forced...See i've been watching Supernatual from the beggining and when i watch the older episodes as oposed to the newer ones you can tell a huge difference...he actually said something about that in an interview i watched with him...hes definatley gotten better with age...Supernatural just ended its Sixth season yesterday and what you saw was only stuff from the first two seasons...He has gotten a lot more natural sounding i think, becuase i had the same thought you did...

Okay, so it wasn't just me.:) So what did he say about it?

I just thought it was really....IDK, but obviously not natural sounding, like just overly deep, but in a really unnatural way...forced is probably the perfect word.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Okay, so it wasn't just me.:) So what did he say about it?

I just thought it was really....IDK, but obviously not natural sounding, like just overly deep, but in a really unnatural way...forced is probably the perfect word.

He just said he thinks the character has come a long was as far as realism goes and the way hey portrays him...by realism i think he meant beliveability...or being like someone youd see naturally...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
He just said he thinks the character has come a long was as far as realism goes and the way hey portrays him...by realism i think he meant beliveability...or being like someone youd see naturally...

"You think you're cute don't you"

"I think I'm adorable"

That's the kind of stuff I would like to have heard from Leon.:) Like in the interrogation scene in DSC...no actually, that wouldn't be appropriate.

But I think we all want to see him doing his thing again, like in RE4. Leon isn't going to be in that Mercs for 3DS, but he is going to be in Degeneration's sequel, Damnation, maybe he'll be like he should in that one.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium

"I think I'm adorable"

That's the kind of stuff I would like to have heard from Leon.:) Like in the interrogation scene in DSC...no actually, that wouldn't be appropriate.

But I think we all want to see him doing his thing again, like in RE4. Leon isn't going to be in that Mercs for 3DS, but he is going to be in Degeneration's sequel, Damnation, maybe he'll be like he should in that one.
Ya, i'm really looking foreward to Damnation...and i'm really looking foreward to a Leon live action movie appearacne, even if not played by Ackles...though he needs to be done right...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Ya, i'm really looking foreward to Damnation...and i'm really looking foreward to a Leon live action movie appearacne, even if not played by Ackles...though he needs to be done right...

Well if you take in Chris, Jill, Claire, Carlos, and others from the live action films as examples of what to expect...what do you think you'll get?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I think Carlos was decent, Jill was decent, Chris was God awful Claire was good for a character, just not good at being Claire, and i noticed you didnt say Wesker because he was good lol...But hey...Anderson said he wanted Ackles, and i am 100% certain that Leon will be played right by him...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I think Carlos was decent, Jill was decent, Chris was God awful Claire was good for a character, just not good at being Claire, and i noticed you didnt say Wesker because he was good lol...But hey...Anderson said he wanted Ackles, and i am 100% certain that Leon will be played right by him...

Hopefully he fights to get Ackles.

I forgot about Wesker...perhaps forgetable?

I thought the guy in Extincion was god awful.

The guy in Afterlife, all the way up til he started doing RE5 scenes, was actually not bad. I would say that he was even better than DC Douglas' Wesker.

Of course once he started mimicing him it became a bit...well unwatchable.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Hopefully he fights to get Ackles.

I forgot about Wesker...perhaps forgetable?

I thought the guy in Extincion was god awful.

The guy in Afterlife, all the way up til he started doing RE5 scenes, was actually not bad. I would say that he was even better than DC Douglas' Wesker.

Of course once he started mimicing him it became a bit...well unwatchable.

Oh ya...Extinciton was TERRIBLE when it comes to Wesker...But i think Jensen would do it just because he has been in a LOT of horror stuff and always comes back to it...Supernatural, DeVour, and My Bloody Valentine i know off the top of my head...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Oh ya...Extinciton was TERRIBLE when it comes to Wesker...But i think Jensen would do it just because he has been in a LOT of horror stuff and always comes back to it...Supernatural, DeVour, and My Bloody Valentine i know off the top of my head...

You and I have come up with like 3 perfect live action actors for characters....

Ackles for Leon.
Paul Walker for Chris(assuming you liked that one)
David Duchovny for Birkin(as if he would show up in the movies at this point anyway)....

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
You and I have come up with like 3 perfect live action actors for characters....

Ackles for Leon.
Paul Walker for Chris(assuming you liked that one)
David Duchovny for Birkin(as if he would show up in the movies at this point anyway)....

I have no problem with Paul Walker as Chris...so i agree...three great cast members...

hogwartskid7

Ex-Umbrella Scientist

"I think I'm adorable"

Actually, he is going to be in Mercs. At least, I think so.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Actually, he is going to be in Mercs. At least, I think so.

I've heard that he was said officially, to not be in the game, unless people really want him...

Which doesn't make any sense, or is stupid. I mean, of course people want him in there. But yeah, something about, if people really want him, he might be added as DLC or something.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I've heard that he was said officially, to not be in the game, unless people really want him...

Which doesn't make any sense, or is stupid. I mean, of course people want him in there. But yeah, something about, if people really want him, he might be added as DLC or something.

Well, he'd make money as DLC i'll say that much...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Well, he'd make money as DLC i'll say that much...

Yeah, I'd probably buy 'em.

Wierd though, thinking of DLC on a 3DS...just a handheld in general.

I'm pretty sure DS didn't have anything like that. I don't have a PsP, but I don't think it did either.

Top Bottom