• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Jensen Ackles as Leon Kennedy

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
So i had this posted before the site changed a while back...What do you guys think of Jensen Ackles playing Leon in the next RE movie...
jensen-ackles-jensen-ackles-male-hair.jpg
0jensen-jensen-ackles-1685415-1300-1733.jpg
supernatural__036_3.jpg

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
He actually could look like Leon, with something as simple as the hairstlye. I don't know what he sounds like...but not a bad choice at all.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
He actually could look like Leon, with something as simple as the hairstlye. I don't know what he sounds like...but not a bad choice at all.

Ya i think he'd have to change his hair too...this is what he looked like when he was younger with longer hair...
Jensen+Ackles+with+Short+Wavy+Hair+Style+.jpg
JensenAckles_Spellman_1120152.jpg

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Hmmmm....maybe with the style. Leon has his bangs parted, and down, almost covering his face.

I hope they don't overdo the hairstlye....if they were to use him for Leon in the live action films....I can almost picture them doing that.

Also, what about he voice, is this guy cut out for Leon that way?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Hmmmm....maybe with the style. Leon has his bangs parted, and down, almost covering his face.

I hope they don't overdo the hairstlye....if they were to use him for Leon in the live action films....I can almost picture them doing that.

Also, what about he voice, is this guy cut out for Leon that way?

Do you mean does he sound like Paul Mercier, or do you mean does he pull off cocky smar@$$ well...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Do you mean does he sound like Paul Mercier, or do you mean does he pull off cocky smar@$$ well...

I guess either. Just sounding like Leon in general. I mean, someone can try to sound like Leon, although a lot of that is just Paul Mercier's voice. He doesn't have an extra special way of talking.

While somebody like Wesker is obviously all kinds of little things that make the voice we all know. Which in some cases, DC Douglas in UC, DSC & RE5, can make a character sound fake.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I guess either. Just sounding like Leon in general. I mean, someone can try to sound like Leon, although a lot of that is just Paul Mercier's voice. He doesn't have an extra special way of talking.

While somebody like Wesker is obviously all kinds of little things that make the voice we all know. Which in some cases, DC Douglas in UC, DSC & RE5, can make a character sound fake.

Here are some of his moments playing his character on Supernatural, the TV show he stars in...If you don't watch the show then you probably won't get it, but even so it can show you a little about how he acts and what he sounds like...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking

Here are some of his moments playing his character on Supernatural, the TV show he stars in...If you don't watch the show then you probably won't get it, but even so it can show you a little about how he acts and what he sounds like...

It's not showing up on my laptop, the video that is. I think I've watched that before, some of his live action stuff on youtube.

I know I saw an interview with him, so I know what he souns like in general.

He seems like he just had the wrong idea on how to voice the character. When I hear his voice, I do think Wesker, but DC Douglas Wesker.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
It's not showing up on my laptop, the video that is. I think I've watched that before, some of his live action stuff on youtube.

I know I saw an interview with him, so I know what he souns like in general.

He seems like he just had the wrong idea on how to voice the character. When I hear his voice, I do think Wesker, but DC Douglas Wesker.

Who are you talking about...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
DC Douglas...I'm assuming you were talking about that Ackles guy huh?

Yeah, the video isn't showing up for some reason. I'll probably have to look it up on youtube. Perhaps you can give me a link?

I remember you mentioning Douglas, but i didnt touch on you talking about him becuase i like him lol...so you brought it up again and i was just curious if you were still talking about Douglas...anyway, sure, here is a link...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQBVLe2Vhb4&feature=related

hogwartskid7

Ex-Umbrella Scientist
I will only go to see this movie to make sure no one has a good time if they don't have Jensen as Leon. Oh, and if they don't have Leon at all, I'm going to make sur eveyone boycotts these movies if they make anymore.(I'll alsso burn down movie theatres, you know, the works.)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I will only go to see this movie to make sure no one has a good time if they don't have Jensen as Leon. Oh, and if they don't have Leon at all, I'm going to make sur eveyone boycotts these movies if they make anymore.(I'll alsso burn down movie theatres, you know, the works.)

Lol..So you DO want Jensen to play Leon?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Yep. I want to see him out of Supernatural, cuz that would be two things he is in that I love. Plus, he'll be playing my favorite RE character.
He's awesome isnt he...so youre a Supernatural fan?...anyway, have you ever seen anything else with him in it...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I remember you mentioning Douglas, but i didnt touch on you talking about him becuase i like him lol...so you brought it up again and i was just curious if you were still talking about Douglas...anyway, sure, here is a link...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQBVLe2Vhb4&feature=related

Okay, I've seen him before, I didn't realize that was him though.:) I had seen Supernatural once, it was on after Charmed, and I recognized him there.

As far as the voice goes...I think he could pull it off. He's actually a really good choice.

Ackles for Leon & Paul Walker for Chris. Perfect. Julia Voth for Jill too.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Okay, I've seen him before, I didn't realize that was him though.:) I had seen Supernatural once, it was on after Charmed, and I recognized him there.

As far as the voice goes...I think he could pull it off. He's actually a really good choice.

Ackles for Leon & Paul Walker for Chris. Perfect. Julia Voth for Jill too.

The reason i brought it up is becuase i read something of Anderson's saying he wanted to cast Ackles to make an appearance as Leon in Afterlife, however Leon's character was cut and replaced with Chris...now this is what i remember, so my facts could be off, but it was something to that effect...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
The reason i brought it up is becuase i read something of Anderson's saying he wanted to cast Ackles to make an appearance as Leon in Afterlife, however Leon's character was cut and replaced with Chris...now this is what i remember, so my facts could be off, but it was something to that effect...

I'm sure that would have been better than shaved head Chris. Ackles, with the hair, and not even trying to mimic Leon's voice, could be acceptable I think.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I'm sure that would have been better than shaved head Chris. Ackles, with the hair, and not even trying to mimic Leon's voice, could be acceptable I think.

See i don't think he needs to have a voice that sounds the same, but has the same tone...what i mean by that is Paul Mercier has a bit higher a voice than Jensen Ackles it seems, but Ackles really pulls of the smart alec thing that Mercier gives Leon, and becuase of that i think thats one reason Ackles could do a really good Leon...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
See i don't think he needs to have a voice that sounds the same, but has the same tone...what i mean by that is Paul Mercier has a bit higher a voice than Jensen Ackles it seems, but Ackles really pulls of the smart alec thing that Mercier gives Leon, and becuase of that i think thats one reason Ackles could do a really good Leon...

I don't know how to describe it....but Ackles sounds really over-the-top...when I said I had seen him in Supernatural, it was only a little bit of the episode, before I realized it wasn't Charmed, and I thought he was really forcing his voice to sound like it did....if that makes any sense.

Mercier sounds so much more natural, and more cool I think.

Oh, and as far as the smartass kind of thing goes, you are totally right. In fact, that video you linked me too, while I only watched number 20, had a countdown of funny stuff from that show, and I got a glimpse of that.:) That's the kind of stuff I want from Leon a bit more.

Obviously Leon was overly serious in Degeneration, and while better in DSC, still wasn't the Leon from RE4...maybe he just didn't find the situation appropriate?

Top Bottom