• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 If Jill is'nt in RE 6? where do you think is she?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Lulwut? RE4& 5 are some of the most horrible games out there when it comes to plot. Dreadful almost. It almost puts a dampen on some of the better storylines from previous games.

But I'm just nitpicking.
I can see where you're coming from for including non-playable characters in order to improve or progress the storyline. I can also sort of see where Princess bascos is coming from... Having Chris in two consecutive games as the main character (I'm not including revelations here as it's not numbered) is a bit much and to only have Jill as a plot device again would kind of cheapen her as one of the series leading characters.
(That being said. Jill was given Mercs and two pretty decent DLC games. It's not as if she was totally disregarded as a playable character in 5. Bleh. It's a difficult argument :( )

Obviously the BSAA has got to be in on this action and it was going to have to be one of the two.

I really do think that, in general, way too many people are complaining about the lack of Jill and Claire.
We're given Leon, Chris, Ada, Sherry and a brand new interesting character in Wesker. Jr. and yet people still complain. :confused:
First of all my friend...RE4 and RE5 have great plots...RE5 basically put and end to the storyline that had been established in RE1...RE4 really helped set up for RE5 as far as the plagas go, and it set up for RE6 in showing how far Leon has come since being a rookie cop. It also showed Wesker's plan to collect all the viruses and developed more on Leon and Ada's relationship.

Second, you should count Revelations, because it IS a main game...CODE: Veronica isn't numbered however it is a main game, so to not count it would not be fair.

Other than that, I pretty much agree with what you say.

Leon Alexis

I need Jill, that is why I play RE5 the Mercenaries only Jill bsaa. I still hope that she ll be in RE7 onX720. But I am glad that Leon is in RE6,his hair still perfect.

Princess bascos

The Sarcastic Fool
But Resident Evil is one of the most story driven games out there...How is it a waste of screen time if it furthers the story and answers questions?

Doully here answered the question for me. (it's so hard to speak english sometimes) so i haven't explained the whole thing well. (having a hard time again. lol)

anway's yes. if Jill is again used as a cutscene only character in the next RE. it would cheapen her as one of the leading characters. especially if Chris. is the main playable character for that RE again. oh and i didn't know what word i should use so i used "waste of time." but yeah. it is not. it just makes jill a less of a MAIN PLAYABLE character (Chris, leon, claire) and would just make her a. MAIN key/plot character (Ada, Steve,). but it is a GAME not a movie. so as one of the original playable char. we would want to be able to use her again. :)

unless capcom says that she is not anymore a main playable one and would just be like ada's char. then i'd accept it. but as long as she's still one of the playable ones. my hopes are still there on her having her game again.

Leon Alexis

And how about that? Jill,Sheva,Claire,Ashly,Ada are in one big storyline without any man. If I could I would do this on RE7, onPS4and X720.

Doully

First of all my friend...RE4 and RE5 have great plots...RE5 basically put and end to the storyline that had been established in RE1...RE4 really helped set up for RE5 as far as the plagas go, and it set up for RE6 in showing how far Leon has come since being a rookie cop. It also showed Wesker's plan to collect all the viruses and developed more on Leon and Ada's relationship.

Second, you should count Revelations, because it IS a main game...CODE: Veronica isn't numbered however it is a main game, so to not count it would not be fair.

Other than that, I pretty much agree with what you say.

Ah I suppose each to their own! People are always going to agree and disagree about games - especially with regard to plot. I just couldn't stomach the absurdity of ex-police officer turned secret super agent sent to rescue the President's daughter and singlehandedly take down a terrorist organisation. :eek:
It was the new approach to the series, game mechanics and graphics that really made RE4 a great game. It played like silk at the time.

As for RE5 putting an end to the long-lasting storyline.. well yes of course. But that was always going to be the case with Chris as the lead and Wesker as the villain. I don't think Uroboros was particularly well done. Wesker striving for world domination and the such. It was very comic book villain (as Chris actually points out in the 6-3 fight). I wont even get into the fact that the whole purpose of RE5 was to save Jill. Yet when Chris finds her, he almost instantly dashes off with Sheva at his side. :rolleyes:. Maybe it doesn't necessarily make it a bad plot. I just didn't like it.

I consider Code: Veronica X because it's a console game and was available on the ps2. Who didn't have a ps2 at the time? Yeah it's a pretty weak argument. Still. I think it pretty unfair should people criticise Jill for being in RE6 for example, having only been in a hand-held game.

As has been said, Chris, Leon and Jill are arguably the three main leads in the series (with Claire very very close behind). Two of them will be given the spotlight in RE6. Jill was given Revelations. Perhaps this is Capcom's way of appealing to everyone. And maybe, just maybe the characters will be put to rest(or given a break) following RE6.
Whatever happened to the supposed series reboot?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Doully here answered the question for me. (it's so hard to speak english sometimes) so i haven't explained the whole thing well. (having a hard time again. lol)

anway's yes. if Jill is again used as a cutscene only character in the next RE. it would cheapen her as one of the leading characters. especially if Chris. is the main playable character for that RE again. oh and i didn't know what word i should use so i used "waste of time." but yeah. it is not. it just makes jill a less of a MAIN PLAYABLE character (Chris, leon, claire) and would just make her a. MAIN key/plot character (Ada, Steve,). but it is a GAME not a movie. so as one of the original playable char. we would want to be able to use her again. :)

unless capcom says that she is not anymore a main playable one and would just be like ada's char. then i'd accept it. but as long as she's still one of the playable ones. my hopes are still there on her having her game again.
You're right...This is a game, and not a movie...But all a game is is an interactive movie in a lot of ways...And furthering the story and developing characters is much more important...You say Steve and Ada are only plot devices because they're hardly playable and mostly for cutscenes, but what does that make Wesker? Was he not the same? If anything, Wesker comes right up there with Chris as a main character...Until he died at least, and even that is living on in his son in RE6...It wouldn't cheapen her at all in my opinion...It would make her more valuable. Sheva's characters was cheapened by making her who she is as opposed to what she was originally going to be used as...A plot device....And Ada being compared to Jill is not that bad, because even with Jill having more screen time, Ada has developed very nicely for only having been in two (Soon to be three) games...I'm not trying to be rude, or annoy you...I just don't understand your logic, because what you say to do, really isn't good storytelling, just bringing a character back for the hell of it...When there's a reason to bring her back, then I'll go for it...

Ah I suppose each to their own! People are always going to agree and disagree about games - especially with regard to plot. I just couldn't stomach the absurdity of ex-police officer turned secret super agent sent to rescue the President's daughter and singlehandedly take down a terrorist organisation. :eek:
It was the new approach to the series, game mechanics and graphics that really made RE4 a great game. It played like silk at the time.

As for RE5 putting an end to the long-lasting storyline.. well yes of course. But that was always going to be the case with Chris as the lead and Wesker as the villain. I don't think Uroboros was particularly well done. Wesker striving for world domination and the such. It was very comic book villain (as Chris actually points out in the 6-3 fight). I wont even get into the fact that the whole purpose of RE5 was to save Jill. Yet when Chris finds her, he almost instantly dashes off with Sheva at his side. :rolleyes:. Maybe it doesn't necessarily make it a bad plot. I just didn't like it.

I consider Code: Veronica X because it's a console game and was available on the ps2. Who didn't have a ps2 at the time? Yeah it's a pretty weak argument. Still. I think it pretty unfair should people criticise Jill for being in RE6 for example, having only been in a hand-held game.

As has been said, Chris, Leon and Jill are arguably the three main leads in the series (with Claire very very close behind). Two of them will be given the spotlight in RE6. Jill was given Revelations. Perhaps this is Capcom's way of appealing to everyone. And maybe, just maybe the characters will be put to rest(or given a break) following RE6.
Whatever happened to the supposed series reboot?
Well, the plot thing I will agree to disagree with, as this site is about 50/50 with it I've noticed. I do need to argue about Wesker becoming a comic book villain being a bad idea though...Wesker's plan was to create and rule the "New Umbrella"...Then he learned from Spencer he could become a god...So you tell me...CEO of a company...Or a god...Which would you choose...Wesker changing his plans was not an issue with the plot, it was a new and bigger goal for the villain that is even more despicable than his last, and the heroes must stop it...Yes, it may have been comic book style, but it wasn't bad...I know if I had the chance to become a god, I'd take it...

Also, and I'm not trying to be rude, but what you CONSIDER to be main and not be main doesn't really matter when Capcom has stated what IS and ISN'T main...And used to, Capcom never used a main character from the previous game in the upcoming game. That was ruined when Chris starred in two (soon to be three) main games in a row...RE5, RER, and RE6...

As far as the reboot, I'm not sure...but I wouldn't mind one once the series is completely wrapped up...

Princess bascos

The Sarcastic Fool
You're right...This is a game, and not a movie...But all a game is is an interactive movie in a lot of ways...And furthering the story and developing characters is much more important...You say Steve and Ada are only plot devices because they're hardly playable and mostly for cutscenes, but what does that make Wesker? Was he not the same? If anything, Wesker comes right up there with Chris as a main character...Until he died at least, and even that is living on in his son in RE6...It wouldn't cheapen her at all in my opinion...It would make her more valuable. Sheva's characters was cheapened by making her who she is as opposed to what she was originally going to be used as...A plot device....And Ada being compared to Jill is not that bad, because even with Jill having more screen time, Ada has developed very nicely for only having been in two (Soon to be three) games...I'm not trying to be rude, or annoy you...I just don't understand your logic, because what you say to do, really isn't good storytelling, just bringing a character back for the hell of it...When there's a reason to bring her back, then I'll go for it...

First of all. you don't annoy me. what annoys me is my english. because i can't communicate to (americans?) very well because of it. so i can't say everything that i want to say.

and Wesker is completely different from Ada(the RE:4 ada.) and Steve. nor Chris, Leon and Jill. Wesker is the MAIN villain, the MAIN non-playable Villain. Jill is different. she is one of the Main characters. and not just a main character. but also a Main Playable one. Wesker is very important to the series and it is obvious that you don't get to use him cause he's a villain/antagonist. but Jill is not a villain. she's a protaginst. so it's only right that we get to play as her again. being a plot device wouldn't cheapen her FROM being an IMPORTANT character. but it would cheapen her from being one of the main PLAYABLE ones. I actually like those cutscene only characters. IF they were originally made to be one. but in the first place. Jill isn't a cutscene only. she was made to be a playable char. so to change her from being a PLAYABLE to a CUTSCENE char. i don't like. like Ada for example. I like and accept that we don't get to play as ADA. because in the first place. she was built to be a cutscene only char(not saying she isn't important). unlike Jill who was originally made to be playable.

unless capcom says so or that she is now the main villain. then i'd be okay not getting to play as her. but she's still one of the main playable characters.

Night@ookami

The Hunting Deity
So, what if Jill is chillin with Bruce Mcgivern? If its true I created a paradox :p (im watching the movie 'Broothehood'. These guys are soo screwed.)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
First of all. you don't annoy me. what annoys me is my english. because i can't communicate to (americans?) very well because of it. so i can't say everything that i want to say.

and Wesker is completely different from Ada(the RE:4 ada.) and Steve. nor Chris, Leon and Jill. Wesker is the MAIN villain, the MAIN non-playable Villain. Jill is different. she is one of the Main characters. and not just a main character. but also a Main Playable one. Wesker is very important to the series and it is obvious that you don't get to use him cause he's a villain/antagonist. but Jill is not a villain. she's a protaginst. so it's only right that we get to play as her again. being a plot device wouldn't cheapen her FROM being an IMPORTANT character. but it would cheapen her from being one of the main PLAYABLE ones. I actually like those cutscene only characters. IF they were originally made to be one. but in the first place. Jill isn't a cutscene only. she was made to be a playable char. so to change her from being a PLAYABLE to a CUTSCENE char. i don't like. like Ada for example. I like and accept that we don't get to play as ADA. because in the first place. she was built to be a cutscene only char(not saying she isn't important). unlike Jill who was originally made to be playable.

unless capcom says so or that she is now the main villain. then i'd be okay not getting to play as her. but she's still one of the main playable characters.
But she was made as a main playable character 16 years ago...Things have to change and develop...You can't have the same thing over and over for fifteen years..For example...If you have read Chronicles of Narnia, then you realize the Lucy, Edmond, Peter, and the other older sister who's name escapes me are ALL main characters throughout the WHOLE story up until the end of the forth book...Afterwards, for the fifth, sixth, and seventh they are just side characters...That's is an example of how stories must grow and develop...They were main for four different books, but as the story changed, so did their roles...A video game is no different...A character is a character, and they must develop...Even at the risk of not being playable anymore, story telling comes first...Why play a game with characters that are cool if the story is lame...So, by making Jill non-playable, they added more to the story...It's a fair trade, and works well...

Princess bascos

The Sarcastic Fool
But she was made as a main playable character 16 years ago...Things have to change and develop...You can't have the same thing over and over for fifteen years..For example...If you have read Chronicles of Narnia, then you realize the Lucy, Edmond, Peter, and the other older sister who's name escapes me are ALL main characters throughout the WHOLE story up until the end of the forth book...Afterwards, for the fifth, sixth, and seventh they are just side characters...That's is an example of how stories must grow and develop...They were main for four different books, but as the story changed, so did their roles...A video game is no different...A character is a character, and they must develop...Even at the risk of not being playable anymore, story telling comes first...Why play a game with characters that are cool if the story is lame...So, by making Jill non-playable, they added more to the story...It's a fair trade, and works well...

But how are you so sure that's what they're doing? I mean changing Jill into a non-playable character? if capcom officially says so or something then there's nothing that i can do. But for now. I think they will still use Jill as a playable character. unless they say so. And the Narnia story. they became side characters because other characters came to be one of the MAIN leads(Jill pole Digory, eustace etc). i don't see anyone from resident evil becoming a new MAIN lead except from Jake Miller. and Chris and Leon are still there. I guess we'll see in RE:7. if Chris, Leon, Jill will no longer be the MAINs and just be side characters for the new ones.

Night@ookami

The Hunting Deity
For example...If you have read Chronicles of Narnia, then you realize the Lucy, Edmond, Peter, and the other older sister who's name escapes me are ALL main characters throughout the WHOLE story up until the end of the forth book...Afterwards, for the fifth, sixth, and seventh they are just side characters...

I think it was Susan, and didnt they stop going into the wardrobe after a couple of books? I'd be pretty ****ed if i couldn't hang out in a closet all day....wait a minute...

Anyways I think it would be cool to see some new characters in any story but i'd like to know about the old characters first...like whether or not barry and some other characters are coming back, if their stories did end either someone did a bad job of informing me or its like the end of inception and we have to use our imaginations :D

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
But how are you so sure that's what they're doing? I mean changing Jill into a non-playable character? if capcom officially says so or something then there's nothing that i can do. But for now. I think they will still use Jill as a playable character. unless they say so. And the Narnia story. they became side characters because other characters came to be one of the MAIN leads(Jill pole Digory, eustace etc). i don't see anyone from resident evil becoming a new MAIN lead except from Jake Miller. and Chris and Leon are still there. I guess we'll see in RE:7. if Chris, Leon, Jill will no longer be the MAINs and just be side characters for the new ones.
I'm not saying that that's what they are doing with Jill...But you said that you don't want her a just a cut scene only character...I was explaining how that could still be a good thing with my Chronicles of Narnia example...And not only do we have Jake, but we also have Sherry...She has never been a main character...She was a side character...And she hasn't been touched on in RE since...Now, in RE6, she may be able to get the title of "Main Character" though we won't know until the game comes out...If here role is like Sheva's then there is no way in hell I'd call her a main character...You keep saying we're seeing a lot of Leon, but we haven't seen him since RE4...There has been two other games since then...And both containing, one STARRING Jill...It's cool if you wanna use Chris in this battle type thing we're having, but Leon really shouldn't be being used...We haven't seen him in around eight years...

Jay

K.I.N.G.
I'm curious...How does this answer a few of the questions? This is just an opinion...And a very outdated one considering that at the time this was written Revelations wasn't out yet and we didn't have all this new info on RE6...
Not everyone may have known this info. For those who do I want to point out again while Jill may not be apart of the main story, she'll more likely have a future DLC connection to it.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Not everyone may have known this info. For those who do I want to point out again while Jill may not be apart of the main story, she'll more likely have a future DLC connection to it.
How so? What's the point in having DLC (Unless it's like mercs or something) that doesn't connect to the main story...And where did is say that in the article, just in case I read over it...

Jay

K.I.N.G.
The paragraph that starts out saying "The Resident Evil series is no stranger to having its game house extra scenarios." We don't know if she'll have a connection to the story, but as Capcom always does they may make a side story starring Jill that might lead up to the events or after events of RE6.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
The paragraph that starts out saying "The Resident Evil series is no stranger to having its game house extra scenarios." We don't know if she'll have a connection to the story, but as Capcom always does they may make a side story starring Jill that might lead up to the events or after events of RE6.
But this is all just speculation right?

Jgraeme1979

I don't think you can really say there is one particular character that is the face of the series, as they all have important roles to play within the series, Jill and Chris are the professionals bought in to deal with the outbreak at Spencer Mansion(?) in the first game, and the second game is pretty much viewing it from the civilian (Claire) and local police (Leon) point of view. And 3 is a continuation of the story from 1 and is pretty much telling of Jill's escape from the main city.

After that Code Veronica, and 4 just seem to be the main characters we play as fighting the t-virus and trying to thwart umberella around the world, as for 5, that's someone else's turn to explain...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I don't think you can really say there is one particular character that is the face of the series, as they all have important roles to play within the series, Jill and Chris are the professionals bought in to deal with the outbreak at Spencer Mansion(?) in the first game, and the second game is pretty much viewing it from the civilian (Claire) and local police (Leon) point of view. And 3 is a continuation of the story from 1 and is pretty much telling of Jill's escape from the main city.

After that Code Veronica, and 4 just seem to be the main characters we play as fighting the t-virus and trying to thwart umberella around the world, as for 5, that's someone else's turn to explain...
Well...I disagree in part...You can say there is one particular character lol...And it's Chris...Chris has been in 6 games and is always center of attention in his games...He embodies RE in such a manner that there is a REason (Get it) he's stayed around after all these years...Also, they weren't the professionals sent in to deal with the Spencer Estate...Delta team was...Alpha team was sent in to find Delta team, and the Spencer Mansion issue was mistakenly ran into...And only 5 members out of like 14 survived...(Not counting Wesker as he was presumed dead)...
RE: CVX was more of a sequel to RE2, continuing the search for Chris...
RE4 was focusing on Wesker's new plan, and how even after Umbrella fell bio-terrorism is still a threat...
RE5 is putting a close to the original story that started with RE1...And continues thorough RE3, Fall of Umbrella, and Lost in Nightmares...
See, I look at the stories as separate...But connected...Like a web...Here is how I see them...

Part I
RE1, RE3, RE: UC- Umbrella's End, Lost In Nightmares RE5- And with all of those you could have a story...
Part II
RE2, RE: CVX, RE: DC, RE4- And with all of these you could have a story...Put the two together with the first part and you have a great story, but they CAN be looked at separately...
Part III (Fits in along with I and II, like the factor that REALLY connects them)
RE4, RER, RE5- Can be looked at as modern continuations to the original 4 (RE, 2, 3, CVX)
RE6 looks like it will tie in with the second and third parts of the story...As RE5 really concluded the end of the first one seeing as Jill and Chris are reunited, and Wesker is finally dead...

Top Bottom