• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 If Jill is'nt in RE 6? where do you think is she?

DroiteSorel

Hi, well i'm new here. and i just wanted to ask this question.

Since RE6 is at 2013? and Jill was saved at RE5/2009. do you think she's BSAA again?
Well, my thoughts on the entire scheme of things is that Jill is sent on a completely separate mission. Mayhaps she's out in Russia or Afghanistan or something like that. Bio-terrorism is not something reserved for a single event in time, so there have to be other Bio-terrorism Security Assessment Alliance agents out working other missions whilst Chris and Piers are undergoing the Langshiang incident.

Kratoz7

I think one of the most overlooked things about female main characters in Japanese games is very rarely are female characters over the age of 30 featured as playable characters. Sheva was 23 in RE 5. I know Jill had to have been 31 in Revelations but I think she was in it by popular demand.

DroiteSorel

I think one of the most overlooked things about female main characters in Japanese games is very rarely are female characters over the age of 30 featured as playable characters. Sheva was 23 in RE 5. I know Jill had to have been 31 in Revelations but I think she was in it by popular demand.
You're onto something, but I don't think it's only Japanese games. There's rarely a game with a female(or male) character over thirty-three.

Kratoz7

If anything older male playable characters are pretty common. Joel from The Last of Us is past middle age. Snake from Metal Gear Solid is middle aged and ridiculously old in Metal Gear Solid 4. Max Payne in Max Payne 3 is middle aged. Isaac Clark from dead space is middle aged. And these are just modern examples. In the Tekken fighting game franchise middle aged fighters are kept while any original female character is either replaced by a daughter, killed off, or in cryogenic sleep to look young. All I'm saying is I doubt we'll see a 40 year old Jill Valentine in action. Seriously try to name more then one game where the female character is "playable" and over 35.

DroiteSorel

If anything older male playable characters are pretty common. Joel from The Last of Us is past middle age. Snake from Metal Gear Solid is middle aged and ridiculously old in Metal Gear Solid 4. Max Payne in Max Payne 3 is middle aged. Isaac Clark from dead space is middle aged. And these are just modern examples. In the Tekken fighting game franchise middle aged fighters are kept while any original female character is either replaced by a daughter, killed off, or in cryogenic sleep to look young. All I'm saying is I doubt we'll see a 40 year old Jill Valentine in action. Seriously try to name more then one game where the female character is "playable" and over 35.
Well, Lara Croft is about 46 today, so in Underworld, she'd be about 40. Ivy (Soul Calibur) would be about 50 in Soul Calibur V. Jill is about 31, 32 in Resident Evil Revelations and Resident Evil 5: Lost in Nightmares. 34 in the full RE5. Ada's gotta be well in her 30's if she was 20-something in Resident Evil 2. Bayonetta's hundreds of years old. It's rare to see a video game in which females are playable as a full-on main protagonist. Gaming is a sexist community in which only the most muscular of men and the youngest of females are allowed entry. If you're going to make me search for middle-aged females, you need to look for scrawny, scared men in video games.

Kratoz7

Well, Lara Croft is about 46 today, so in Underworld, she'd be about 40. Ivy (Soul Calibur) would be about 50 in Soul Calibur V. Jill is about 31, 32 in Resident Evil Revelations and Resident Evil 5: Lost in Nightmares. 34 in the full RE5. Ada's gotta be well in her 30's if she was 20-something in Resident Evil 2. Bayonetta's hundreds of years old. It's rare to see a video game in which females are playable as a full-on main protagonist. Gaming is a sexist community in which only the most muscular of men and the youngest of females are allowed entry. If you're going to make me search for middle-aged females, you need to look for scrawny, scared men in video games.
A couple of problems with the examples you're giving. The Laracroft character is fictional and when she was rebooted into a much younger character sany realistic 2014 age and timeline became irrelevant which is usually the point of a reboot. Even in Underworld she looked very young and since that game was a sequel of the 2006 remake I doubt she'd have been anywhere near 40. Ivy from Soul Calibur is kept to look 28 (Soulcalibur)
32 when stopped aging even though she is chronologically 49. Bayanetta looks as young a vibrant as a 20 something year old. Both Ada and Jill may be the rare exception of women who almost look like they are in their 30s but they are not middle aged at all. The Parastive Eve franchise's Aya Brea is kept to look like she is 25 by the 3rd game that takes place over 15 years after the first because of her innate mitochondria keeps her young. On an interesting note a well known criticism of the first Metal Gear Solid is that when the creator heard that female players of metal gear solid didn't want to play as an older man he took that criticism to heart and created a young male soldier Raiden for Metal Gear Solid 2.

DroiteSorel

A couple of problems with the examples you're giving. The Laracroft character is fictional and when she was rebooted into a much younger character sany realistic 2014 age and timeline became irrelevant which is usually the point of a reboot. Even in Underworld she looked very young and since that game was a sequel of the 2006 remake I doubt she'd have been anywhere near 40. Ivy from Soul Calibur is kept to look 28 (Soulcalibur)
32 when stopped aging even though she is chronologically 49. Bayanetta looks as young a vibrant as a 20 something year old. Both Ada and Jill may be the rare exception of women who almost look like they are in their 30s but they are not middle aged at all. The Parastive Eve franchise's Aya Brea is kept to look like she is 25 by the 3rd game that takes place over 15 years after the first because of her innate mitochondria keeps her young. On an interesting note a well known criticism of the first Metal Gear Solid is that when the creator heard that female players of metal gear solid didn't want to play as an older man he took that criticism to heart and created a young male soldier Raiden for Metal Gear Solid 2.
I don't understand your point. The Third Birthday is non-canon from Parasite Eve, and even so, you're not technically playing as Aya. I've never heard a female player complain about Solid Mother ****ing Snake, even during the first Metal Gear Solid. Gaming was created by men. Mostly men who thought the appeal of gaming would be a strong, skilled male that could put women to shame in terms of skill. Such as Mario always rescuing Princess Peach and Link always rescuing Princess Zelda. The world today is sexist. I don't know how many people see it, but I do. From what I hear from most male players is "I want a younger girl with nice boobs and a great ass!" Gaming companies have to appease the majority audience, right? I hate it as much as you do, but I deal with it in many ways. Such as going back in time to other games with great characters and development, unlike many. I'd rather look for the good things in life, and say "Thanks for the seventh male main character in a row (Insert Game Company Here)," than sit there "**** YOU, I WANT MORE TITTIES IN MY GAME"

That's why I play Metroid. I get neither male characters or boobs. Neutrality. :3

Samuel Bowden

Zombie Killer
She could still be in that good forsaken country no one but Chris knew she was there. My point she's probable been kidnaped again. Dan-get Chris leave alone, its your fault she dies, gets brainwashed, and no one where she is. Please explain in Resident evil 7!

DroiteSorel

She could still be in that good forsaken country no one but Chris knew she was there. My point she's probable been kidnaped again. Dan-get Chris leave alone, its your fault she dies, gets brainwashed, and no one where she is. Please explain in Resident evil 7!
Like I said earlier; Jill is probably just on an unrelated, unimportant mission for the BSAA with a team or partner. Jill only got kidnapped because she risked her life and jumped out of a window with Wesker in her clutches. Now, she's still recovering and all that.

Samuel Bowden

Zombie Killer
She was in a country almost completely infected and she had no allies. Which means there is a chance she could've been snatched again. Sure her genes have been altered but they're still stronger than she is. So there is a possibility-not saying she is- that she's been captured again.

black 93

this is something capcom do that really **** me off. Chris and leon are just becoming more and more boring as the series goes on, chris just always gets stuck with a bunch of jarhead soilders who dont even have names, and leon just follows ada around all the time. The characters who had a bit of mystery behind them like billy coen are just tossed aside after one game for the likes of jake who, without the fact hes weskers son, is one of the most boring characters ever. If jakes blood is immune to viruses, where was he in RE4 or RE5? why is he now all of a sudden this saviour of the world? Ill tell ya why, because capcom **** themselves when it came to an RE5 sequel and they suddenly realized they had killed wesker. And jill valentine seriously where the crud is she?! She went missin and was assumed dead for about 5 years, chris spent the majority of RE5 tryin to find her and for all that we get what? To see her in desperate escape with another throwaway character (josh) and thats it? What happened to her while she was captured? Where is she now? hell, we dont even know if shes in the bsaa anymore! capcom are known for doin this though it took them 15 years to bring sherry birkin back. Although i agree with them on one thing, stayin away from Barry and HUNK... to me their just overated. Plus unbrellas dead now and hunk worked for them, would make absoloutly no sense to bring him back and barry, what is he now about 60? Fair enough they dont need to bring every character back, just to know where they went after their games would be nice, like RE3 did with the epilouges.

Reactions: Hel
Top Bottom