• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How did the Zombies reach the surface?

Jlackleon

Martian Ambassador
In "Re: Apocalypse":

How did the zombies and Lickers reach the surface?

a text appeared on the screen when we first see the hive entrance, and the text said "Beneath Racoon city"... which means that even if they got out of that opening in that scene... how the hell did they manage to open the ACTUAL exit into Racoon city (the one that leads OUT from the "underground" and into the city)...

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Man, it's been ages since I watched the original Resident Evil flick. I think I might have to buy a new copy since I don't think I even have it anymore! :p

Anywho, logical plot scenarios aside, perhaps the underground lab/hive was raided by Umbrella scientists whom were hoping to recover research, specimens to analyse. and cover-up the incident before it was too late. I would hazard a guess that the virus was inevitably picked up somehow by an incompetent scientist and brought back up to the surface. The scientist would then be happily beavering away in the lab when, oh crikey, he feels a bit peckish and eats his colleague's face. Hilarity ensues and Raccoon City has another outbreak.

That's my theory anyway. I'm probably, hideously, hideously wrong.

Hoady

Yeah what Steve said.Wasn't it alices friend who transformed into that thing stronger then a zombie(licker i think?) and the doctors were working on it in the hospital and it breaks everything and escapes?Well they probably had zombies in there too and they got out after the licker escaped.

I haven't watched the first or second movie in a long time so i can't remember it all too well.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I havn't seen the movie long ago, but i think that they reopened the Hive to understand what happened there. Probably they were bitten or something and came out to the city, spreading the virus.

Jlackleon

Martian Ambassador
Hoady;35924 said:
Yeah what Steve said.Wasn't it alices friend who transformed into that thing stronger then a zombie(licker i think?) and the doctors were working on it in the hospital and it breaks everything and escapes?Well they probably had zombies in there too and they got out after the licker escaped.

I haven't watched the first or second movie in a long time so i can't remember it all too well.

Thats wrong.

Matt (the "Licker" infected friend) was brought away and was turned into Nemesis, so he wasnt responsible and he was under their control.

Umbrella decided to reopen the hive... and thats how they managed to escape...

and my question was: How did they manage to?

That opening was deep underground beneath Racoon city and how the hell did they manage to open the door that actually lead out into the fresh air/Surface?

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
could it be, that a few survivors who went to open it, got infected, but as you know, the change isnt instant, and so made it back to the surface..
its not really clear, so its just up to your imagination i guess

D

Deleted member 1428

When they were underground it said on a guys moniter " Virus Contamination" or something and then one of 'em said, " What the hell?!" and then you could hear eating sounds and stuff. And from what I saw the doors never got closed.

Rain

He's right. The doors never did get closed. That would be why. Score one for you Nemmy!

Trinity

There had been another team sent after "Alice's",so they might have carried it out,or something.

night slasher

when the umbrella workers the door to the hive and were slaughtered but it could shut leaving it open for zombies and b.o.ws

Davinfected

Yes, this question has been answered. You must remember the dialog "We're reopening the Hive. I wanna know what went on down there. Just do it." (or something quite like that, it gets repeated several times throughout the first and second movies)
And you saw the guys entering the facility in the white suits. You don't actually see them being attacked by zombies, but the dots show up on the monitor thing - that's the zombies attacking the investigation team. There was obviously a lot of chaos down there, and the movie makers didn't have a big enough budget to go into detail, so it just happens quite quickly.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Selenatripox;35897 said:
In "Re: Apocalypse":

How did the zombies and Lickers reach the surface?

a text appeared on the screen when we first see the hive entrance, and the text said "Beneath Racoon city"... which means that even if they got out of that opening in that scene... how the hell did they manage to open the ACTUAL exit into Racoon city (the one that leads OUT from the "underground" and into the city)...

At the very end of the first movie one of the doctors said "We're reopening the Hive. I wanna see what happened down there." so it's assumed that the number of zombies overwhelmed the doctors, escaped and infected the city.

Jlackleon

Martian Ambassador
Davinfected;45527 said:
Yes, this question has been answered. You must remember the dialog "We're reopening the Hive. I wanna know what went on down there. Just do it." (or something quite like that, it gets repeated several times throughout the first and second movies)
And you saw the guys entering the facility in the white suits. You don't actually see them being attacked by zombies, but the dots show up on the monitor thing - that's the zombies attacking the investigation team. There was obviously a lot of chaos down there, and the movie makers didn't have a big enough budget to go into detail, so it just happens quite quickly.

now that you mention it, one can actually see a Licker reflected in the helmet of that last doctor guy, just before the screen turns black.

Sephiroxas

wolfgirl;50869 said:
At the very end of the first movie one of the doctors said "We're reopening the Hive. I wanna see what happened down there." so it's assumed that the number of zombies overwhelmed the doctors, escaped and infected the city.

Was just about to post that. That's def how. Makes sense.

night slasher

youre right they were the doors to the hive but how did they get to the surface with the train to the mansion and the other way this is a annoying question but i like a challenge

Jlackleon

Martian Ambassador
night slasher;52177 said:
youre right they were the doors to the hive but how did they get to the surface with the train to the mansion and the other way this is a annoying question but i like a challenge

They never did, all of them got to the surface through the Raccoon City entrance.

Top Bottom