• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Guys, can you do me a favour?

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Apparently a good number of you received private messages from 'RE_Girl', asking you to join her forum. Please note that this is against the rules and does result in an instant ban, so next time this happens, let me or another staff member know. It would be very much appreciated. I know she was 'hot' but the rules are there for a reason, and I'm a bit frusterated that only one person - well, technically two - saw fit to report it to a mod/admin. I understand she was new and hence I only gave her a warning at first, but I had to ban her after I found her continuing to advertise and spam despite being told not to.

I'm not pointing fingers or anything, I don't know (for the most part) who received these messages and who didn't - but for next time, if this is happening behind the staff's back and you know about it - please make us aware of it. Because for obvious reasons, we probably won't receive said spam. ;)

Thanks a bunch my darlings. :)

Mr Sunshine

Actually, it's not obvious for me. I'm a bit baffled about private advertising. Advertising in your sig is allowed but it isn't allowed to do in a thread. I though it was because it isn't good-looking to have tones of "join this" posts in the forums? However, it was only a private message in my mailbox. I mean it didn't hurt anybody else, did it?

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
If you want to advertise a forum, you can do so in your signature - or, you may post it on the forum if you have Steve's permission. Steve works hard to keep his sites relatively high in google searches, and posting links to other forums/diverting attention harms this and brings the ranking down - or something to that effect. Posting links in signatures is shown to have no effect, hence why it is allowed. I'm not certain if posting links in private messages is harmful to the repuation of the forum, but on any account it's very rude and inconsiderate to join one forum with the sole intention of getting some of its members to join your own, not to mention it's disrespectful to the staff who have sank a lot of work into this place. As I said, she sent this message to many people - it wasn't as if she just sent a couple out - and she continued to do so after being asked not to.

So, for next time - yes, forum links in private messages are against the rules and do absolutely warrant reporting. :)

ProtoTypeRaavyn

The Pro Zombie Killer
Yes, my Bad, If she wouldn't of started posting immediatly I would of reported her, But because she was posting in threads I thought That she was just new and Showing people her other site, I forgot it wasn't allowed in PM-ing. And even a pretty girl can get banned for misbehaving.

tequila

Bottle Lover
I received the message as well and from experience, it is disrespectful toward the staff. I'm not joining that site... and the link looks shady IMO. I can't leave REN, it's awesome! :) Good thing it got solved. It's not allowed because it draws attention to other users without the staff knowing that users may join the other site, and perhaps abandon this one. It also does lower ratings. Not only that, but competition is fierce and can cause a tension between websites (seen it happen in the past).

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
Yano..I didn't even think about that when I got a message from her. I have no idea why I didn't think about it lmao. I do remember seeing and saying "well..this one might be trouble." Ehh..shoulda listened to my gut :p

Mr Sunshine

tremor;72813 said:
Yano..I didn't even think about that when I got a message from her. I have no idea why I didn't think about it lmao. I do remember seeing and saying "well..this one might be trouble." Ehh..shoulda listened to my gut :p

[spoilers]This or you might be a homosexual as well! :lol:[/spoilers]

CassidyAcid

tremor;72813 said:

Eeep I did the same. I haven't been here for a couple of days and I had no idea she mass-sent one to everyone!

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
So that is what the link was about when she sent me a message. I didn't bother with the link and I didn't read the whole link, and so now I know what is on the link and I am never going to click on it. It would be better right now if I just delete the message right now.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
RE_Girl added me as friend but did not PM me. Almost everybody else got a PM from her?

As Google can't access our PMs I don't think links in PMs can affect the site ranking. But it's very very rude to "hijack" members.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
She sent me a friend request to, but that was after Spike messaged me to let me know what was going on so I wasn't too thrilled with her at that point.

Perhaps she thought that you were a moderator? Although this wouldn't explain why Major received one but who knows.

judled

i got one and didnt think anything about it i didnt know it was against the rules. will let you know if this happens in future.

Mr Sunshine

Romero;72851 said:
RE_Girl added me as friend but did not PM me. Almost everybody else got a PM from her?

As Google can't access our PMs I don't think links in PMs can affect the site ranking. But it's very very rude to "hijack" members.

Maybe because you weren't online too much the last few days? But again you wouldn't get the friend request either.

Anyway, why links like youtube won't affect the site ranking? :confused:

Edited: I think I got it actually! :D

Hoady

Ahh well some of you may know but nothing breaks my balls more then advertisers and telemarketers.Didn't receive a message from him/her though, any disturb in the peace i am happy to report lol.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
This 'girl' is ANNOYING. She's joined up with two more accounts - 'Zombie_Girl and Alyssa' and what I find hilarious is the fact that the last username she signed up with, her picture was of a completely different girl.

Clever tactic to try to get people to join your forum.

Mr Sunshine

I'm pretty sure she is a dude actually.

And yeah that Zombie Girl had the same interests and a similar nick name. She was banned even before ProtoTypeRaavyn could post the welcome visitor message:p! You are a quick gun LFF.

Top Bottom