• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Game Story

3d-agent

I have played many game, in fact far too many than i could actually remember, and i have many fav games, but Resident Evil and MGS are few of the games whose story, characters, and almost every thing impresses me most.

But here i am talking about specifically RE, so do u know any other game whose story is as deep and interesting as RE?

3d-agent

Trinity;23513 said:
I'm a big Tomb Raider fan...And it's story is great :)

I've played few TR games, and honestly as compared to RE it has nothing, but its just me maybe.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
im a massive final fantasy fan, they have massive stories, they get you really involved and have so much depth to them.
i also LOVE mgs, i have since playing it for the very first time way back when, when it first came out.

Hoady

Crash bandicoot.not really i think shenmue 2 had a sickass story, i dont know about anything thats blown me away though i suppose kotor had a keen story.Theres something real good but i cant remember it.

Trinity

3d-agent;23681 said:
I've played few TR games, and honestly as compared to RE it has nothing, but its just me maybe.

I've played all of them..And the TR Angel of Darkness and TR The Last Revelation were great...

The new one also had a good story

mastermind

one game that i love that has a really good story and is as deep if not deeper is Legend Of Dragoon if you like games such as final fantasy i think I havent really played final fantasy so i dont know but i think that it's like it so ya

aintnoscrub

Premium
ahh man legend of dragoon is brilliant, i still havent completed it..havent played it for a loooooooooooooooooooong while tho :(
will have to get back into it.

3d-agent

Trinity;24200 said:
I've played all of them..And the TR Angel of Darkness and TR The Last Revelation were great...

The new one also had a good story

TR-Underworld its quite ok game.

mastermind

ya i just found a copie like a month ago of LOD and started playing it i need to level up badly cause im right at the end and like level 30 i sold my last copie to my sister and she sold it for gas money which lasted all of an hour in her bf's tank. makes me mad.
silent hill also has a deep story element but you have to read everything tu understand anything ad i have never beaten one of them. :(

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
Chrono Cross
Final Fantasy IV IX XII (hopefully Versus)
Silent Hill 1-3
Halo 2-3
Lost Odyssey
Legacy of Kain series
Kingdom Hearts 1-2 (hopefully Birth by Sleep)
Metal Gear Solid 1-3 (haven't played 4)

These are my non-bias opinions. Otherwise, the list would be smaller.

aintnoscrub

Premium
the 4th one isn't as great as its made out to be..
the story gets tiresome very quick..well thats in my opinion.

to me tomb raider hasnt got a very good story, it never got me interested.
silent hill is an obvious winner, the story to that is deep and dark, and makes you wanna play the series, same goes to FF, although the FF series have intense stoies..some of the best if you ask me.

mastermind

TR had a ok story and it all made sense and its a good game but it doesnt work to many people. the story was kinda difficult for me cause all i got from it was some girl likes to go to places and collect artifacts and then she learns something and she uses the artifacts to save the world or something or other..... anyone want to fill me in???

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
you'd have to be interested in that sort of thing to get anything out of it. By "thing" I mean myths, folktales, legends, and history. That's where the ties start to build depth in the series. If you don't take interest, all you'll ever see is the tip of the iceberg in this series. Short of the recent Tomb Raiders, Angel of Darkness, Legend, and Underworld, it's pretty much as you said... with a few pretty damn good twists; but don't expect much out of the oldies unless you take interest in that sort of thing or have really solid taste in romance. By romance, I mean the old definition of the term.

Trinity

DegenerateElite;24893 said:
you'd have to be interested in that sort of thing to get anything out of it. By "thing" I mean myths, folktales, legends, and history. That's where the ties start to build depth in the series. If you don't take interest, all you'll ever see is the tip of the iceberg in this series. Short of the recent Tomb Raiders, Angel of Darkness, Legend, and Underworld, it's pretty much as you said... with a few pretty damn good twists; but don't expect much out of the oldies unless you take interest in that sort of thing or have really solid taste in romance. By romance, I mean the old definition of the term.

Maybe that's why I enjoy the game that much :)

L

Lurker
the best metal gear solid game is definetly the first or second though i prefer the first. it may be verrrrrrrrrrrrrry long but has the best weapons and stealth camo isnt very hard but the bandana kills me.

aintnoscrub

Premium
"the first metal gear solid being very long"...???
i can complete that in 2 hours..or less, depending if i have bandana or camo..:D
i HATE raiden in 2..so thats a big put off for me, 3 is brilliant, although you have to play subsistence not the original to appreciate it, cuz the original has horrible camera angles:confused:
4 issssssss......not as good as you would think, and actually gets quite boring.

p.s tomb raider games suck in general.

Top Bottom