• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Forever alone... Or Never alone?

Silverback

Moving Mountains
Bahaha I'm sure it's not THAT bad! I look like Edward Scissorhands in the morning due to my crazy curls. ;)
Nah, I bet you look like a role model, you sexy thing. :D

This, may give you an idea of how I feel on the morning:

tarsier_1.jpg

Hoady

I never wanted a girlfriend or relationship unless i sorted myself out, it was pretty obvious to me that if you are not content alone then you won't be content in a relationship.But i have seen so much distortion in relationships i never cared or longed for them.Funnily enough the last thing i want was the first thing i get.

To be honest i still don't get the whole 'love' game, people are jealous, lonely, filled with expectations, The"I am always right!"attitude, are suspicious and starting the stupidest pointless fights.My idea of love isn't of those things or possessiveness. And on values where i differ massively.. i don't believe in marriage, i don't want kids, i try stay as far away as possible from churches.This ****ing clinginess and watchful eyes. Learn to relax!

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
Hmmm. Well, I never had real friends until I was 18 and met my best friend, and he showed me I'm not unfriendable as I thought I was. Still, even with him, I feel a sense of solitude like I'm constantly a stranger in a strange land. This has always shocked the hell out of people online and they say, "Really? I would have pegged you as the extremely popular type because of how you act." I suppose I have it in me, but I'm really a loner. I don't trust people, and that's that.

rondachewarrior

I'm not predjudiced, I hate everybody equally.
I'm taken, cos I'm too scared to be single. I've spent 2 years single in this country and guys I generally like only want sex, are suicidal or are overbearing. The guy I'm with is actually normal but when I probably will become single again I'll probably meet or chat up someone in a bar, I don't do it alot but that's the only way I'm ever confident to strike up a conversation with someone. Not really into the "Ask a random stranger for his name and number and get the details later" type. I've seen my friends ask people that work at checkouts and it's extremely awkward when you see them the next day or whatever.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
And what if we'd put it in our signatures so that you'll see it everday? :p

You're crazy, but in a good way, and sweet. Thank you <3 lol

Here's something for the topic, I keep getting friendzoned in my dream! As if I don't get friendzoned enough irl my subconscious wants to troll me further in dreamland. So fun thinking I'm really getting friendzoned again, then falling asleep in a bed alone only to wake up in a bed... Alone! Woo!

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I'm actually a bit on the complex side when it comes to relationships. I've done my fair share of pity dates as well as met my share of jackasses and will most likely continue meeting those said jackasses until I find that special someone.

Just this past week I went out with a guy who thought a good story to share with a girl he was trying to impress would be the time he took a **** in the ocean and "it" followed him wherever he swam. :rolleyes:

Anyway, as far as my complexity goes with being in a relationship- I am seriously content with being on my own. I am very much a loner in general and I can appreciate the fact that I'm not the type of person that needs to have someone with them to do the simplest things (like going to see a movie, going out for lunch, going shopping or running to the store). That doesn't mean that I don't like having people with me but sometimes that can't be helped and I can adapt and even enjoy myself during those times when I am on my own.

That being said, I do have my moments where I would like to be in a relationship but at the same time I don't want to feel like I'm tied down. When I say "tied down" I don't mean that I want to have the freedom of getting with as many men as I possibly can. I just don't want to become one of those girls that build their life around a man; they change their plans and dreams because they think they're in love with someone. It's just something I want to avoid- which it's kind of hard to avoid if /when you feel like you really care for someone.

I'm also not ready for a commitment as serious a marriage. I'm too young to be worried about that as well as too inexperienced. I'm still learning about myself and building myself that I can't imagine knowing that I have met that special someone that I want to spend the rest of my life with. Hence why there are little flings and relationships that never seem to stay afloat.

The complex part with me is that I also want to have a relationship with substance. Despite the impression I may send off to others with my sex jokes and what not, I am seriously not the type of person that is looking to have simple one-night-stands with other people. And my relationships aren't going to always be about sex. I am by no means "easy" and it's hard to tame me as well as earn my trust.

I personally don't view sex as a way of "fooling around" (as I've heard some guys put it), it's a bit more meaningful than that but it can be a way of having fun with someone too... it's just something that I wouldn't want to do with just anyone.

Hmm... this post turned out a bit more jumbled up and serious/personal than I meant for it to... oh well.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I'm actually a bit on the complex side when it comes to relationships. I've done my fair share of pity dates as well as met my share of jackasses and will most likely continue meeting those said jackasses until I find that special someone.

Just this past week I went out with a guy who thought a good story to share with a girl he was trying to impress would be the time he took a **** in the ocean and "it" followed him wherever he swam. :rolleyes:

Anyway, as far as my complexity goes with being in a relationship- I am seriously content with being on my own. I am very much a loner in general and I can appreciate the fact that I'm not the type of person that needs to have someone with them to do the simplest things (like going to see a movie, going out for lunch, going shopping or running to the store). That doesn't mean that I don't like having people with me but sometimes that can't be helped and I can adapt and even enjoy myself during those times when I am on my own.

That being said, I do have my moments where I would like to be in a relationship but at the same time I don't want to feel like I'm tied down. When I say "tied down" I don't mean that I want to have the freedom of getting with as many men as I possibly can. I just don't want to become one of those girls that build their life around a man; they change their plans and dreams because they think they're in love with someone. It's just something I want to avoid- which it's kind of hard to avoid if /when you feel like you really care for someone.

I'm also not ready for a commitment as serious a marriage. I'm too young to be worried about that as well as too inexperienced. I'm still learning about myself and building myself that I can't imagine knowing that I have met that special someone that I want to spend the rest of my life with. Hence why there are little flings and relationships that never seem to stay afloat.

The complex part with me is that I also want to have a relationship with substance. Despite the impression I may send off to others with my sex jokes and what not, I am seriously not the type of person that is looking to have simple one-night-stands with other people. And my relationships aren't going to always be about sex. I'm not by any means "easy" and it is, quitefrankly, hard to tame me and make me trust you. I personally don't view sex as a way of "fooling around" (as I've heard some guys put it), it's a bit more meaningful than that but it can be a way of having fun with someone as well... it's just something that I wouldn't want to do with just anyone.

Hmm... this post turned out a bit more jumbled up and serious/personal than I meant for it to... oh well.

I hear you about those types of girls who change their whole life for a man. I have so many of those friends and it ****es me off so much to see them constantly tied at the hip, change their personality and pretty much ditch all their single friends to spend all their time with their men.

The guy you went out with this week seems like a real winner ****ting in oceans. Did he save it as a souvenir in exchange for paying for dinner? :p Oye, I hope you have better luck in the future, you deserve it!

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I hear you about those types of girls who change their whole life for a man. I have so many of those friends and it ****es me off so much to see them constantly tied at the hip, change their personality and pretty much ditch all their single friends to spend all their time with their men.

Yep, exactly.

The guy you went out with this week seems like a real winner ******** in oceans. Did he save it as a souvenir in exchange for paying for dinner? :p Oye, I hope you have better luck in the future, you deserve it!

Hahaha, yeah. Thanks, mah lady, I think we both deserve it though. ;)

Seriously though, you owe it to yourself to start being more bold when it comes to approaching someone you're interested in! You're a beautiful girl as well as funny and smart. The majority of women probably feel they look their worst when they first wake up lol. I know I do. It aint easy being a women. -_-
You should be more forward with your friends about having their BF's invite their friends whenever you all hang out together though. Or the next time you all go out you can just go off and do your own thing and try talking to a guy on your own. Knowing that your friends are somewhere close by will help make it easier for you to approach someone. :)

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.

Yep, exactly.

Hahaha, yeah. Thanks, mah lady, I think we both deserve it though. ;)

Seriously though, you owe it to yourself to start being more bold when it comes to approaching someone you're interested in! You're a beautiful girl as well as funny and smart. The majority of women probably feel they look their worst when they first wake up lol. I know I do. It aint easy being a women. -_-
You should be more forward with your friends about having their BF's invite their friends whenever you all hang out together though. Or the next time you all go out you can just go off and do your own thing and try talking to a guy on your own. Knowing that your friends are somewhere close by will help make it easier for you to approach someone. :)

Thank you for your wisdom and compliments my lady... You know what? I think I need NEW friends. They still act funny when *I* approach a guy even though they have bf's, almost like they're still in competition? Dafuq? Girls are confusing as hell and I am one. I need to stop being a wuss and stand up to my friends for once, maybe I SHOULD be a bitch and stop being so nice. I'm just a stepping mat and I'm damn tired of it!

My friend after ignoring me for 3 days is calling me obsessively wanting to hangout because I'm her last minute friend... Meanwhile I'm ignoring her and I will for about 7 days. Ima give her a taste of her own medicine and see how she feels about ME asking her last minute to hangout because "no one else wanted to lololol" I hate playing games with people, why do we have to?

That brings me to relationships in general... I wish there was no game, I wish you could just get straight to it and be like "Hey I like you and you like me... Let's go out!" instead of putting jealousy, hard to get, and just downright crazy sh*t out there beforehand! It's not worth it.

Silverback

Moving Mountains
Thank you for your wisdom and compliments my lady... You know what? I think I need NEW friends. They still act funny when *I* approach a guy even though they have bf's, almost like they're still in competition? Dafuq? Girls are confusing as hell and I am one. I need to stop being a wuss and stand up to my friends for once, maybe I SHOULD be a bitch and stop being so nice. I'm just a stepping mat and I'm damn tired of it!

My friend after ignoring me for 3 days is calling me obsessively wanting to hangout because I'm her last minute friend... Meanwhile I'm ignoring her and I will for about 7 days. Ima give her a taste of her own medicine and see how she feels about ME asking her last minute to hangout because "no one else wanted to lololol" I hate playing games with people, why do we have to?

That brings me to relationships in general... I wish there was no game, I wish you could just get straight to it and be like "Hey I like you and you like me... Let's go out!" instead of putting jealousy, hard to get, and just downright crazy sh*t out there beforehand! It's not worth it.
I don't think she's a true friend. I've had friends who behaved in similar fashion. One of them is my neighbor. He's despise me infront of his other friends, but when no one was available to hang out, I was his "last minute guy". Haven't hung out with him in years, now, and it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. :D

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I don't think she's a true friend. I've had friends who behaved in similar fashion. One of them is my neighbor. He's despise me infront of his other friends, but when no one was available to hang out, I was his "last minute guy". Haven't hung out with him in years, now, and it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. :D

Yeah, sadly I think I'll have to do this too eventually... Funny how when she was single I was her go-to girl, but now I'm the last choice since I'm still single and she wants to hangout with her coupled friends.

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
Being single doesnt mean your alone. We are your friends here in the forum and we would do anything digitally that we could to help i'm sure. I was single for the better part of my life and during the 'off' time i really spent it doing things i liked and learned some things about myself....a sort of self-realization. If you live your life being who you want to be everything else will just fall into place. Find some new friends though, meet people online (but dont like...get hurt or anything. Use trusted websites) Find people you have alot in common with. And if you cant, bask in the beauty that world has to offer in knowledge, arts, and science...Just keep yourself busy. If you're busy you wont be thinking about being alone.

If you still feel alone, you have an entire forum at your fingertips who love conversation.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Being single doesnt mean your alone. We are your friends here in the forum and we would do anything digitally that we could to help i'm sure. I was single for the better part of my life and during the 'off' time i really spent it doing things i liked and learned some things about myself....a sort of self-realization. If you live your life being who you want to be everything else will just fall into place. Find some new friends though, meet people online (but dont like...get hurt or anything. Use trusted websites) Find people you have alot in common with. And if you cant, bask in the beauty that world has to offer in knowledge, arts, and science...Just keep yourself busy. If you're busy you wont be thinking about being alone.

If you still feel alone, you have an entire forum at your fingertips who love conversation.

You're awesome! Thank you. I need new friends irl, I'm gonna try to get out more and join different clubs because doing what I'm doing now isn't helping me meet anyone(church hopping and I keep meeting weirdos). Moving every few years is definitely hard, it doesn't help your situation in meeting new people at all. I just need to be patient, it's been 2 years since I've lived here, but I read an article that sometimes it takes people 5 years to truly get situated in a town. Phew! That's a long time, but I am patient nonetheless. I do enjoy my online friends the most tbh, they're the nicest and most normal friends I have strangely enough haha

Top Bottom