• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Forever alone... Or Never alone?

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
*fans self* Hoo, Story, you sure know how to get a girl going...

But I'd **** you with or without David Bowie's face on a popsicle stick. :p < - La Femme is uber romantic.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
*fans self* Hoo, Story, you sure know how to get a girl going...

But I'd **** you with or without David Bowie on a popsicle stick. :p
happy-cuteness-overload-l.png

Okay that is the first time someone has made me blush AND smile at the same time on a forum. +32784937284932 internet points to you missy.

Mr Sunshine

Man, I've been sitting on this thread for over an hour and I don't know from were to start.

It just happens that today i realised I haven't made any progress at all regarding my sociality. I have fallen to to same trap for the 3543th time. I've been lately thinking of a girl so much that she eventually became one of those people that I feel totally uncomortable hanging out with. All the previous times this happened it ended up in failure. I know this one will go the same way.

It sucks that that I fall in such a strong love with every girl I like. It shouldn't be that way. They don't see it that way. By the time they notice I'm not making a move they'll just say "yes" to the first guy that comes to them and that is the part I hate the most. I am jealous. I can't stand watching them with another guy. And it's not like that the trick will work and I will eventually talk to them. No, not at all. I'll just go home and start cursing at myself for I've been an idiot for yet another time.

(Actually, that is not true. The worst part is when you waste your precious time thinking of all this stuff when in fact you should be having fun or doing something productive like studying.)

And why don't they make the first move? It is said that women are on rampage as hunters those days, yet not a single one of them has ever come to me. I have no clue what's going on. Maybe it's the fact that when I'm feelng uncomfortable I get this serious(nearly hating) look that leaves little place for someone to appreach me. It must be reflecting as snob. I just have to relax and smile more when in fact I don't feel like it.

I keep telling to myself that I shouldn't take those things too seriously, but today I was reminded sooo many things from the past. The mere idea that I might be the same scares me.

Storyofmylife, I have no clue why you are single, but I know quite a few things about myself. And not just about sexual relatiosnships but all kinds of relationships.

There are three different ways with which I (don't) interact with people. Each one represents one of my family members.

There are people who remind me of my father. As a child I was scared of my father. He is short tempered. He would yell at me whenever I would I do something wrong. The result of this, I don't communicate at all with short-tempered people(including my father appart from the basics e.g "How did you write today?" "Good" xD). I fear that they will unleash their rage on me if I disagree with them. If they notice something's wrong with me I'll just pretend that I have nothing or I'll just say that I'm bored.

That's why I avoid hanging out with a stable group of friends. Usually, it will end up me tyrannizing myself because I can't quite express myself when something bothers me.

There's also my mother and my older brother who had an impact on my socialty, but I believe It was my father
who screwed it up. Of course it's also his genes as well because he's introverted as well.

That's right. You heard me. I blame my father for not ecouraging me to speak up as a kid.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.

I know exactly how you feel. :( I'm very very shy myself and hardly ever make the first move, but when I do I get shot down, so eventually I just give up, because I'm so scared of rejection. I wish someone would make the first move with me, but I guess I haven't met anyone interested in me enough to do so. The thought of being rejected again though is truly terrifying. I can't get a girl out of my head either at the moment, and what's even worse is she's married... I always fall in love with the impossible. I guess that's just the way my heart loves to torture me!

You need a hug though so here *internet hug with BOOBIES* ;) I hope you can find the courage I don't have to ask someone out. You're a really cute dude, take advantage of that!

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
I figured no one would have me - especially once I became a single mother. I used to tell people about the fact I had a kid and just watch them lose interest almost instantly or else assume I was easy. Even more off-putting for men was when I made the step to tell them my history (especially about my ex) and the reactions were always really negative. It was only when I accepted that I was single for the time being and started enjoying it that I met Steve and things kicked off from there.

I still look at myself and wonder what in the world he sees in me. I mean, I have no money, no paying job, 3 kids and a body that shows it, glasses, messed-up dental work, health problems, no dress-sense, a weird sense of humour, I can barely boil an egg, I'm socially awkward, I'm untidy and I snore. But hey, it takes all sorts, right? If anything I can be proof that even the ugliest ducklings can hook up with a hottie :D

Silverback

Moving Mountains
I figured no one would have me - especially once I became a single mother. I used to tell people about the fact I had a kid and just watch them lose interest almost instantly or else assume I was easy. Even more off-putting for men was when I made the step to tell them my history (especially about my ex) and the reactions were always really negative. It was only when I accepted that I was single for the time being and started enjoying it that I met Steve and things kicked off from there.

I still look at myself and wonder what in the world he sees in me. I mean, I have no money, no paying job, 3 kids and a body that shows it, glasses, messed-up dental work, health problems, no dress-sense, a weird sense of humour, I can barely boil an egg, I'm socially awkward, I'm untidy and I snore. But hey, it takes all sorts, right? If anything I can be proof that even the ugliest ducklings can hook up with a hottie :D
Hang on to Steve. He seems like a great guy. Good on you, Steve for putting in the effort to overcome a difficult test. :D

And don't worry, I can't boil an egg or even cook for myself. Never had any desire to learn. (that goes for many things) I always just microwave stuff or have whatever my mothers cooking, though I'll ask for a pizza if there is one.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.

I guess I'm a clueless idiot, or haven't been here long enough, but I had no idea you were with Steve. That's so awesome, and by the way you are on here I can tell he loves you because you're so sweet! I haven't seen you before, but I know you're not as bad as you say!

When I look in the mirror I see this everyday staring back at me.
29vcapl.jpg

I'll never believe I'm pretty, no matter what anyone says.

Silverback

Moving Mountains
I guess I'm a clueless idiot, or haven't been here long enough, but I had no idea you were with Steve. That's so awesome, and by the way you are on here I can tell he loves you because you're so sweet! I haven't seen you before, but I know you're not as bad as you say!

29vcapl.jpg

A munchkin midget with a ponytail?

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Hang on to Steve. He seems like a great guy.
Oh I intend to. He's the best :D

You're not a clueless idiot! I used to not tell people just to see how different they were with me before and after knowing who I'm married to - some members on the DMC board went from hideous to kiss-ass overnight once they realised who they'd been bitching about ;)

Steve puts up with a lot from me - I honestly don't know how he does it. He's very patient, very kind, very caring - he's my bestest friend in the whole wide world and I don't know what I'd do without him. We're both notoriously camera-shy so there are very few images around of either of us but his avatar usually contains him and two of our kids whereas mine on other forums has my youngest son and the side of my face lol. It's my teeth that put me off about me most - I had an accident when I was very little and my teeth grew in lopsided and crowded as a result. Had tonnes of work done on them but to no avail. Bring on the dentures, I say ;)

29vcapl.jpg

Less of that, missy *wags finger in annoying parent-y way*

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Oh I intend to. He's the best :D

You're not a clueless idiot! I used to not tell people just to see how different they were with me before and after knowing who I'm married to - some members on the DMC board went from hideous to kiss-ass overnight once they realised who they'd been bitching about ;)

Steve puts up with a lot from me - I honestly don't know how he does it. He's very patient, very kind, very caring - he's my bestest friend in the whole wide world and I don't know what I'd do without him. We're both notoriously camera-shy so there are very few images around of either of us but his avatar usually contains him and two of our kids whereas mine on other forums has my youngest son and the side of my face lol. It's my teeth that put me off about me most - I had an accident when I was very little and my teeth grew in lopsided and crowded as a result. Had tonnes of work done on them but to no avail. Bring on the dentures, I say ;)

Less of that, missy *wags finger in annoying parent-y way*

Hey ya know, dentures seem easier anyway! Haha I hate people who treat you like sh*t then realize you're close to someone in power and are all nicey nice. That's happened to me before and it's crazy. You guys are both incredibly sweet, I'm happy for you both! :)

Top Bottom