• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Forever alone... Or Never alone?

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Anyone ever feel like this meme?
Untitled-1.jpg
Just wondering... A bit frustrating that I'm the perpetually single friend and no one will introduce me to anyone. It's like some force is keeping me single and I've no idea why. I've been single since I was 16. Anyway, just thought I'd make a thread for single people! Or if you're in a relationship you can share some stories here too.... Hell how about we make this a single, in a relationship, or it's complicated thread! Explain how you're feeling whether it be single, in a relationship or what have you!

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I'm single, and as much as I complain about it, I know I am much happier this way... for now. My friend and I were talking about this tonight - I'm in my early twenties and I just want to have fun at this stage of my life. I love to go out on weekends and I love not having to be committed to a single guy. I couldn't do this is I was in a relationship - I know this. There will be a time in my life when I'll stop the crazy drinking and settle down and have to take on responsibilities, but right now, it's my time to be selfish and to spend my nights however and with whomever I please. I like it that way. I have a great set of people around me - from the people I work with to my best girlfriends, and they're all so wonderful that I never get the sense that I'm alone merely because I'm not in a relationship. I don't need anything but them right now and I won't have it any other way.

Take these years when you're young and only responsible for yourself to have fun and LIVE - whatever your idea of fun is. We'll regret it if we sit around and mope because we don't have a boyfriend/girlfriend.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I'm single, and as much as I complain about it, I know I am much happier this way... for now. My friend and I were talking about this tonight - I'm in my early twenties and I just want to have fun at this stage of my life. I love to go out on weekends and I love not having to be committed to a single guy. I couldn't do this is I was in a relationship - I know this. There will be a time in my life when I'll stop the crazy drinking and settle down and have to take on responsibilities, but right now, it's my time to be selfish and to spend my nights however and with whomever I please. I like it that way. I have a great set of people around me - from the people I work with to my best girlfriends, and they're all so wonderful that I never get the sense that I'm alone merely because I'm not in a relationship. I don't need anything but them right now and I won't have it any other way.

Take these years when you're young and only responsible for yourself to have fun and LIVE - whatever your idea of fun is. We'll regret it if we sit around and mope because we don't have a boyfriend/girlfriend.

Yeah, somedays I feel great for being single, but as of right now I feel more foreveralone because my girlfriends aren't as awesome as yours. They have boyfriends and will try to include me every once and a while, but never invite another person so it's always three people together and I'm the third wheel. I feel so awkward when they start making out that I leave... Yet they wonder why I don't hangout with them anymore. /: Sometimes it sucks when some of your girlfriends go into relationships, because you kind of feel dumped by them in a way.

I definitely don't feel like I need a man/woman in my life to make me happy, I just feel like I need one to get my friends back... I guess that means I have crappy friends! I know they love their other half and all, but they can take at least one night for a ladies night or something. It's like... They're the type of girls that NEED a man, and a right now kind of man... Once they have their men they ditch me. Then, they come crying to me once they get dumped for being too clingy and I'm by their side 24/7. They're hardly ever there for me when I need them anymore. I'm lucky if I get a call or text nowadays. At least I have the sims, I can get laid and have plenty of friends there. ;-)

VP-70

The Confucius of ReNews...Cheers KK.
Anyone ever feel like this meme?
Untitled-1.jpg
Just wondering... A bit frustrating that I'm the perpetually single friend and no one will introduce me to anyone. It's like some force is keeping me single and I've no idea why. I've been single since I was 16. Anyway, just thought I'd make a thread for single people! Or if you're in a relationship you can share some stories here too.... Hell how about we make this a single, in a relationship, or it's complicated thread! Explain how you're feeling whether it be single, in a relationship or what have you!

Do not worry, this is something i've spent my entire adult life living with.

Back in the day, i was the bubble gum kid at school ( Hence why i can relate to a certain mr Leon.S.Kennedy ) but once the shackles of youth were removed and i was thrown into the deep end that is life, i became a loner...

Simple minds believe loners to be weak, out casts, but i've come to learn that those who walk their own path, form their own opinions and live their own lives, no matter how '' boring '' are stronger than they realize.

people play the numbers game, ( loads of people on the Facebook friends list depsite not even knowing them ) because it gives them comfort.... but for me.... the words from the song Estranged '' gotta point this out, you came in this world alone '' have stuck with me for as long as i can remember.

I think loners have an acceptance of how things have been, are and will become....even in our darkest moments... we know there is more to it than what we currently are aware of... but we can't put our fingers on it.

In hollywood.... the loner, the one who needs nobody or fends for themselves, is always every ones fave...but they wouldnt walk that walk themselves... much too difficult. best just hide in the herd and hope the big bad wolf doesnt get you this time.

I don't believe its an anti social thing... i think its a point of view... its a way of looking at world, seeing past the glam and glitter... the fire works and gossip... and seeing things for what and how they are.

make no mistake about it.... you are a highly valued person to those ( even if its only a few ) people who know you.

Emptiness use to be my biggest problem.... but i came across an old native American saying, that empty land to some is bland, but to us it's uncluttered...... and i like that.... you live an uncluttered life.... you are who you are... its for others to take it or leave it... either way, it's their problem, not yours...

heres my fave lonely mood song, i always belt this out at the top of my lungs, even the howling parts towards the end lol

enjoy

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Do not worry, this is something i've spent my entire adult life living with.

Back in the day, i was the bubble gum kid at school ( Hence why i can relate to a certain mr Leon.S.Kennedy ) but once the shackles of youth were removed and i was thrown into the deep end that is life, i became a loner...

Simple minds believe loners to be weak, out casts, but i've come to learn that those who walk their own path, form their own opinions and live their own lives, no matter how '' boring '' are stronger than they realize.

people play the numbers game, ( loads of people on the Facebook friends list depsite not even knowing them ) because it gives them comfort.... but for me.... the words from the song Estranged '' gotta point this out, you came in this world alone '' have stuck with me for as long as i can remember.

I think loners have an acceptance of how things have been, are and will become....even in our darkest moments... we know there is more to it than what we currently are aware of... but we can't put our fingers on it.

In hollywood.... the loner, the one who needs nobody or fends for themselves, is always every ones fave...but they wouldnt walk that walk themselves... much too difficult. best just hide in the herd and hope the big bad wolf doesnt get you this time.

I don't believe its an anti social thing... i think its a point of view... its a way of looking at world, seeing past the glam and glitter... the fire works and gossip... and seeing things for what and how they are.

make no mistake about it.... you are a highly valued person to those ( even if its only a few ) people who know you.

Emptiness use to be my biggest problem.... but i came across an old native American saying, that empty land to some is bland, but to us it's uncluttered...... and i like that.... you live an uncluttered life.... you are who you are... its for others to take it or leave it... either way, it's their problem, not yours...

heres my fave lonely mood song, i always belt this out at the top of my lungs, even the howling parts towards the end lol

enjoy

Wow I really love this song, I'm listening to it as I type this. I suppose I'm the loner type as well sometimes, not many people understand me, so I gave up trying to get them to a long time ago. I feel ya on the FB thing, with mine I just have people I've met before on there. I remove people I haven't spoken to in over a year, because what's the need of having someone on there you don't even talk to or call a "friend" in real life?

Being an only child, and moving over and over again through out my life has taught me how to entertain myself, because most of my life I've been alone without many friends. It gets tough sometimes, but I cope.

I'm very much so a romantic, so I long for love and the 2 sided love kind.lol It must be an amazing feeling to be loved back for once. I've experienced it once, but not sure if it was real on her end.

This is what I listen to when I'm feeling lonely, it has nothing to do with being lonely, but it always cheers me up. I feel as if Freddie is in the room with me singing.:p

Meg

So bin ich eben
You know I always thought how silly this one song is *bychristinaperriahem* because it's about being in love with someone in your head, but not liking them in real life. I never really got it until I met my ex-boyfriend. Now it makes total sense. XD

And I'm happy to be single.

Silverback

Moving Mountains
I'm single and was lonely for many years. I feel better now, having placed focus on the Bible, but having a girlfriend couldn't hurt if she was of the same religion.

Thats one of the things I don't like about my religion, at all. You're not supposed to choose a girlfriend/wife if she doesn't share your religion. Not to mention all males *have* to have short hair.

Theres a f**king scripture that says God Himself has long hair. It's somewhere in the book of Daniel, when Daniel had a vision.

I'm so sorry for going off topic... :oops:

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I'm single and was lonely for many years. I feel better now, having placed focus on the Bible, but having a girlfriend couldn't hurt if she was of the same religion.

Thats one of the things I don't like about my religion, at all. You're not supposed to choose a girlfriend/wife if she doesn't share your religion. Not to mention all males *have* to have short hair.

Theres a f**king scripture that says God Himself has long hair. It's somewhere in the book of Daniel, when Daniel had a vision.

Well that honestly depends on the religion. The one I'm in they don't care who you marry as long as they're of the opposite sex (which I don't agree with personally, but there's always something you won't agree with in religion.) You should seriously research orthodoxy, it's the original Christian religion, and there's hot greek chicks and hot russian chicks... Not to mention awesome food. ;) If you don't like whatcha read about it you can always click the big X in the right or left hand corner of your comp. :p

VP-70

Wow I really love this song, I'm listening to it as I type this. I suppose I'm the loner type as well sometimes, not many people understand me, so I gave up trying to get them to a long time ago. I feel ya on the FB thing, with mine I just have people I've met before on there. I remove people I haven't spoken to in over a year, because what's the need of having someone on there you don't even talk to or call a "friend" in real life?

Being an only child, and moving over and over again through out my life has taught me how to entertain myself, because most of my life I've been alone without many friends. It gets tough sometimes, but I cope.

I'm very much so a romantic, so I long for love and the 2 sided love kind.lol It must be an amazing feeling to be loved back for once. I've experienced it once, but not sure if it was real on her end.

This is what I listen to when I'm feeling lonely, it has nothing to do with being lonely, but it always cheers me up. I feel as if Freddie is in the room with me singing.:p

lol, it's 4 am, and i'm howling along to the part at 3:42.....that'll be next door up then, thinking i've just returned from a hunt and regressed from a wolf back into a human lol.

i hear what you're saying, you just have to take it one day at a time, and do what makes you happy, smile and comfortable... good things come to those who wait.

VP-70

I had a priest giving it large on how my signet ring was '' pagan '' and it wasn't right for a christian to wear, well..... to his horror and surprise..... said signet ring has my beloved mothers Ashes in it.... and it NEVER comes off. So said priest was told to study his bible harder.

Romans, were into keeping their hair short, so it's possible the church picked up some influence from there. I've also seen a pastor remark on men with beards saying '' why cultivate something on your face that grows under your arm ''
God i imagine would have one question for these religious trolls.... '' why were you wasting valuable time telling people what they could and could not wear which is denying their free will ( something even god will not do ) than sharing the good news ?''

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I had a priest giving it large on how my signet ring was '' pagan '' and it wasn't right for a christian to wear, well..... to his horror and surprise..... said signet ring has my beloved mothers Ashes in it.... and it NEVER comes off. So said priest was told to study his bible harder.

Romans, were into keeping their hair short, so it's possible the church picked up some influence from there. I've also seen a pastor remark on men with beards saying '' why cultivate something on your face that grows under your arm ''
God i imagine would have one question for these religious trolls.... '' why were you wasting valuable time telling people what they could and could not wear which is denying their free will ( something even god will not do ) than sharing the good news ?''

Not to mention in the old testament they say not to eat shrimp. I think a lot of these rules applied to the time they were written and not now, including sexuality. (they never said anything about lesbians ;) ) aha. Anyway, some of the stories you're supposed to take metaphorically, others literally, and some for the time it was written like you pretty much said.

VP-70

Not to mention in the old testament they say not to eat shrimp. I think a lot of these rules applied to the time they were written and not now, including sexuality. (they never said anything about lesbians ;) ) aha. Anyway, some of the stories you're supposed to take metaphorically, others literally, and some for the time it was written like you pretty much said.
totally.

God isn't going to throw you into the firey pits of hellish fiends and demonic tyrants because ya short back and sides are not short enough.

nor will he judge you for hussling some bling!

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
totally.

God isn't going to throw you into the firey pits of hellish fiends and demonic tyrants because ya short back and sides are not short enough.

Nor eating shrimp, because he made them so damn delicious! :O

VP-70

Nor eating shrimp, because he made them so damn delicious! :O
yea ano, and well... denying Lesbians is just down right mean, so i believe thats one thing he left on the '' interpretation list '' lol

Dunno about anyone else, but when i meet the G-man am giving him one those Internet high fives...

*me * G-man.... dudeeeee... how's it goin, your all mightyness ?

*god * ''...........''

*me* '' Right on......''

*god* '' you're going to hell ''

*me* '' far ouuuut''

*god * '' no seriously..... you eat my shrimps... so you gotta go... ''

*me* ''.......major bummer...........''

*god * '' i like the hair cut though.. very.....you ''

* me * ''.......Cosmic ''

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
yea ano, and well... denying Lesbians is just down right mean, so i believe thats one thing he left on the '' interpretation list '' lol

Dunno about anyone else, but when i meet the G-man am giving him one those Internet high fives...

*me * G-man.... dudeeeee... how's it goin, your all mightyness ?

*god * ''...........''

*me* '' Right on......''

*god* '' you're going to hell ''

*me* '' far ouuuut''

*god * '' no seriously..... you eat my shrimps... so you gotta go... ''

*me* ''.......major bummer...........''

*god * '' i like the hair cut though.. very.....you ''

* me * ''.......Cosmic ''

Maybe his shrimp are his real children and that's why us eating them is a major sin... because he's like "YOU KILLED MY CHILDREN... NOW YOU MUST PAY." Maybe God IS a shrimp. A giant shrimp... With a bowl haircut.

EDIT: Or maybe I should get some sleep... Yes Taylor, you need sleep.

VP-70

Maybe his shrimp are his real children and that's why us eating them is a major sin... because he's like "YOU KILLED MY CHILDREN... NOW YOU MUST PAY." Maybe God IS a shrimp. A giant shrimp... With a bowl haircut.

EDIT: Or maybe I should get some sleep... Yes Taylor, you need sleep.
o0o0o0o0oooooooo......a universal sized all powerful all knowing space shrimp with a bowl hair cut......

Silverback

Moving Mountains
totally.

LOL, agreed. Actually, studying the term "Hell", you'll find it simply means "Common Grave". There isn't a place of literal fiery torment, pain and suffering, like the braindead Catholic priests would teach. The Catholic church wanted control, and would use "Hell" to create fear in the hearts of those interested in learning about God.

The Vatican is part of the Catholic church, I believe. (please correct me if I'm wrong) The pope is probably the greediest individual on Earth. The Vatican supposedly has large vaults built under it that are literally full of money. The pope would rather horde it all than give to the poor, like Jesus Himself told His followers to do.

"Serve God or burn, biatch!" *beats you around the head with Bible*

Early Catholic church is one of the main reasons so many people despise Christianity and Christian's in general.

I'm sorry for the false Christian's out there, my friend. The one's that claim to be Christian but don't heed Christ's commands.

*phew* Went on abit of a rant there, almost. ^ ^

Top Bottom