• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Books and Novels

Trinity

Thumbs up ïn that case..I wrote poetry for years..Had like 3-4 notebooks full of it..Burned the damn things though :)

Oh,I also came a cross Borges. He's from South America I think..He has some damn good 20.centrury poetry :)

But still think symbolism is the best era

Wesker1987

i like a range of stuff really.
My favourite's would have to be keats, yeats also some dylan thomas is always good too.

-Do not go gentle into that good night,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light-

Trinity

I love the old UK chaps :D :lol:
Virginia Wolf,Eliot,Wilde...Hahaha you name it..

No,seriosly Virginia's "Lighthouse" and Wilde's "Portrait of Dorian Gray" are one of my favourite books :D

Hoady

LOL Bodler(gays) and Rembo.

I read books like guiness world records and pointless facts & trivia.I did actually read a novel once though Don't Stand To Close To A Naked Man - by Tim Allen, its real funny.I also read half of a trippy novel called Astral Projections but i got incredibly confused and stopped reading it.

Wesker1987

Well, Hoady you're sixteen I strongly recommend you read the catcher in the rye. And nineteen eighty-four.

Trinity

I never enjoyed Catcher in the rye that much.. I mean,it is a great book,but it didn't leave a colossal impression on me :) I prefered Hesse's "Steppish wolf". 1984-George Orvell? Excellent :)

Wesker1987

Well I would say it wa more a pubescent boy's kinda book but nevermind.
I read it when i was very young.

You'd maybe enjoy sylvia plath's 'bell jar' more.

Hoady

haha so i'm still a pubescent boy?I haven't gotten a beard yet so i see where your coming from, but anyway i suck at reading i don't get all that interested maybe i haven't read things novel wise that are all that interesting.Comedys good,like i didn't think a book could be funny but Tim Allens one was hirlarious i suppose there aren't many funny novels though right?

Wesker1987

Haha no man, you know what i mean. I just read it when i was about 13 and thought that every guy should read it about that age, and if you've missed out for this long go buy it.
It's relatively small, and yeah novels can be quite funny, just depends what it is.
Even the catcher in the rye has its moments so check it out.
:D

Hoady

Hey just because i don't have a beard or a tash makes me no less of a man!Although if its one of those really thick books lets say more then 400 pages i'm not interested lol.

Wesker1987

If you ever get a chance, have a look at stephen king's 'the stand' i've read it. haha!
Now that is a monster!

Hoady

Stephen king is a horror writer no?I think they made remakes from his books into movies.

Trinity

Yeah...Like dreamcatcher,rosmary's baby,red rose..But I prefer reading books to watching movies..The only good movies made by a book are those of Agatha Christie's Poirot.. :)

Anyway..Believe me,the biggest book I read in my life was Sholohov's "The Silent Don" (Russian in original,don't know the correct English translation) 4 books,all of them had 400-500 pages...And it was real boring...Nothing happened in 60% of the book

Top Bottom