• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Books and Novels

alonecrow

anyone here like to read some books or novels?

share anything about those two things here..

for start, what is your favorite books or novel?

Trinity

Yeah..I love reading books...Everything from classics,horrors,stupid bestseller books... :)

The last book I read was Arthemis Fowl-The Opal Deception-... It was nice
and now I started -The Brothers Karamazov-

Feng-Hi

My favourite book (factual) is Banned of Brothers. I must have read it half a dozen times. My favourite fictional book is Thunder Point by Jack Higgins, spies and espionage....fantastic.

Trinity

The best book I've ever read was Herman Hesse's -Steppish wolf-If this is the right translation

alonecrow

wow... quite a bokk you all read here...

as for me, I enjoy all kind of books.. but I really enjoy the kind of fantasy and sci-fi novel..

so, Harry Potter, Twilight saga, or City of Ember, you name it...

Trinity

Oh and I just remembered a book a read recenlty and quite enjoyed... -Pefume- from Patrick Ziskind...Sorry if the translations are wrong...

It's a very interesting book,with the most unusual plot...So I warmly reccomend it to you :)

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
I like reading more than anything else apart from music, really. My favourite series has to be Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan. I'm also a Discworld fan, a C.S Lewis fan and I like David Eddings too. The Mass Effect, Gears of War and Halo books are good too...

Hell, I'll read anything, really...

alonecrow

Trinity;24181 said:
Oh and I just remembered a book a read recenlty and quite enjoyed... -Pefume- from Patrick Ziskind...Sorry if the translations are wrong...

It's a very interesting book,with the most unusual plot...So I warmly reccomend it to you :)

ah yes.. Perfume - A Story of A Murderer...
it's a really good book.. unusual plot, unusual story telling, and unusual moment from the book..

there's a movie based on the book too, but I haven't got a chance to see it..

Trinity

Yeah..I've seen the movie,and I must tell you that It's one of the rare movies made by book that I enjoyed.

alonecrow

I'm really curious how they put the very spectacular scene in the book to the movie..
must be quite... erotic for sure...

Trinity

The film was all in all OK :)

Oh another book I enjoyed and read recently was Camie's -The Stranger-

Jason-Voorhees

沉睡的巨龍
alecrayrocks;24112 said:
isnt dynasty warriors made from that book? and did the stuff in DN actually happen?
yes but Zhang Jiao and the Yellow Turbans realy didn't do magic, they depised the Ten Eunichs and Rebelled. The Dynasty Warriors series is based off the book, and they made some changes to the game like Zhuge Liang Beating Sima Yi at Wu Zhang Plains, and added charactors that were not real

here's a short List

Xing Cai
Diao Chan
Zuo Ci
Fu Xi
Nu Wa

and some of the names are writed Different AKA

Zhang Fei is Writen as Chang Fei and Lu Bu is Lu Pu and Zhuge Liang is Chuko Liang still great two Book Novel...... Even Though some of the Translation is bad but still good

and The Early Dynasty Warriors Games pronounced some names VERY wrong (Mainly 1-5) like Cao Cao is Pronounced COW COW instead of Tsao Tsao (Sao Sao) and Cao Pi is Pronounced COW PEE instead of Tsao Pee

Trinity

Does anyone here enjoy reading poetry?
I love symbolisam writers such as Poe,Rembo,Bodler :)

Wesker1987

Trinity;24222 said:
The film was all in all OK :)

Oh another book I enjoyed and read recently was Camie's -The Stranger-

I have that book, very good choice! thumbs up from me trin!

Anybody read any Steinbeck? To a god unknown was his 2nd novel (i think) and its definetely worth a read, seriously overshadowed by the likes of grapes of wrath and east of eden etc but it explores man's relationship with nature and it has a lot of wierd pagan stuff in it.
Check it out.

Wesker1987

And yes, i'm a big fan of poetry, I read a serious amount of the stuff. I also write a little bit too.

Top Bottom