• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (1999) Anyone Else hate RE3

Mr Sunshine

Re: Anyone Else hate RE3

I'm not saying the puzzles aren't fun, but in my city, i don't see puzzles in the middle of the street (i think)

True. Apart from that, i don't have any problems with the clocktower and the hospital(and generally the bigger buildings).

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich

Grace Saunders;64707 said:
I loved that tool where you could mix powders and come up with random new ammo. It was awesome, and we never saw it ever happen! :(

Reloader tool?

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium

Grace Saunders;64707 said:
I loved that tool where you could mix powders and come up with random new ammo. It was awesome, and we never saw it ever happen! :(
Mix powders and get random ammo? That doesn't sound logic. :confused:

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium

I've had the tool create new ammo for my handgun, but that's about it. I'm sure it probably creates new ammo for other guns but I haven't had it happen yet. And as far as hating RE3 goes..I definately don't hate it. RE3 is my second favorite of the series, lol.

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium

Fallen91;64745 said:
Only for your handgun? Come on! What happeneded to your gunpowder B?

I should have been more specific in my previous post. I'm not sure if it's happened for anyone else, but I've made ssoooo much ammo for my handgun, that now when I make more..I get a new kind of ammo for it. It's more powerful, if you will. I've tried to see if I can get it to make more powerful ammo for my other guns, but I haven't had it do that yet.

Mr Sunshine

Oh, I see. You can also make enhanced ammo for your shotgun too but not for any other weapon i think.

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium

Yeah, the enhanced ammo is for the handgun and shotgun.

I think what Grace meant is that when you mix the different types, you get ammo for a different gun. At first I was confused as he11 about what gunpowder mixtures were for the types of ammo.

the venomous grand design

REmake enthusiast

wolfgirl;64696 said:
It's my personal favourite actually, I love the game :)
qft
s48gg7.gif

T-Virus Injected

I don't hate it at all. I wish they kept some aspects from this game like the ability to make your own ammo and such. Nemesis was awesome and would always seem to come up in those "CMON!" moments when you needed ammo and health

C. Redfield

I don't hate it. The game just scared the s*** out of me with Nemesis confronting you throughout the game :blink:

JordanFreeman

I think it's great, but... wierd. There is just something off-putting about it when compared to other RE games.

It's still great though.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium

C. Redfield;67444 said:
scared the s*** out of me
:lol: It's supposed to do that! :lol:

(I wish RE4 would scare the sh*t out of me.)

mra1989

It ****es me off, but I do like it. RE1 will always be my favorite. The Tyrant was the OG monster

ToCool74

Veteran Member

Romero;67494 said:

this ^^^

It isn't a bad thing considering thats how Resident Evil was always intended to be considering its a survival HORROR.

The newer games tend to neglect this fact.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium

It's not my favorite...CVX is because its so HARD! but i do love it...it was also the second RE game i ever beat so i have that memory...im also a Jill fan so im biased on that too...however as far as gameplay goes it was just the same as RE1 and 2 except for mixing ammo, 180 degree turns(which help SO much) and the thing were the game freezed to let you make a choice...which i think they should bring back...all in all i love it...not my favorite...i cant decide that between 1 and 4...but i DO love it...

I don't think I hate it - but I like Dead Aim better than RE3 LOL! 1&2 are the best IMO, but I love RE5 and the Outbreak series too. CVX I'm impartial to, and I don't like RE4, but RE3 somehow ranks lowest with me. I can't even picture myself playing it again for any other reason than nostalgia.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking

Romero;67494 said:

RE4 didn't give you any scares?

It certainly had a couple of moments that I think most forget about, certainly when the majority would rather say that RE4 isn't scary and that it's not RE, etc.

I think RE4 probably had just as many intense or scary moments as RE3.

I hated the environments in RE3 though. It felt like I was walking down hallways, with an urban city tileset, rather than actually walking down a street. Outbreak did it better though, both did.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium

Spike991;102044 said:
RE4 didn't give you any scares?
When I made that post I had only played to chapter 4-1 I think. I play a couple (or a few) chapters and put away the game for some months while I play other games, or no games at all.

But I almost had to change underwear when the first regenerator found me. :lol: Up until that point it had been alot of excitement and little fear. Funny enough, one of the most scary places in the game was for me the very beginning right after you get out of the car, just the atmosphere alone gave me some chills. The same can be said about large parts of the Village region. But none of these places really scared me, the first regenerator got that pleasure. :) That was just before last Christmas and I didn't take the PS2 with me on the vacation so I've not continued past the first regenerators.

Top Bottom