• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (1999) Anyone Else hate RE3

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Re: Anyone Else hate RE3

Is the RE3 gameplay so similar to RE2? If RE2 was good, more of the same should be okay.

But it has so much to do with expectations. A good game can be disappointing if you expected something more spectacular, or just expected something else.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium

its quite similar, but i just find it all very boring in resident evil 3.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking

Romero;61863 said:
Is the RE3 gameplay so similar to RE2? If RE2 was good, more of the same should be okay.

But it has so much to do with expectations. A good game can be disappointing if you expected something more spectacular, or just expected something else.

That sounds right, my initial issues were mostly with expectations.

In RE3 the gameplay was improved for sure, in introducing the 180 degree turn. Not to mention the primitive dodge system that most seem to forget about when complaining about RE4, but anyway, lost of improvements.:)

StarsiderdotSajun

Personally I love RE3 because it was the first RE game I played, so it's special in that way. It also has a few things that I like that other RE games don't have, and at the same time is missing a few things that other RE games do have. I love the costume choices, though I generally just use Jill's regular STARS costume. I love the dodging system too. But I'm not too fond of the city setting. Even with Nemesis chasing you around all the time I still don't find RE3 to be that scary. Also it's super short. :(

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium

Spike991;61909 said:
In RE3 the gameplay was improved for sure, in introducing the 180 degree turn. Not to mention the primitive dodge system that most seem to forget about when complaining about RE4,
What do you mean? The dodge system in RE3 was primitive but still better than the RE4 dodge system?

but anyway, lost of improvements.:)
Lost improvements? :lol:

J\k, I do understand. :p

bruno

Chief Researcher

StarsiderdotSajun;61923 said:
Personally I love RE3 because it was the first RE game I played, so it's special in that way. It also has a few things that I like that other RE games don't have, and at the same time is missing a few things that other RE games do have. I love the costume choices, though I generally just use Jill's regular STARS costume. I love the dodging system too. But I'm not too fond of the city setting. Even with Nemesis chasing you around all the time I still don't find RE3 to be that scary. Also it's super short. :(
Just like you said, the city's design is a little impossible and ridiculous, and the game is REALLY short. But you can make different decisions, which leads to different cutscenes or different endings.
When fighting cerberus and Nemesis, i oftenly dodge "accidentaly" while i am trying to shoot (which saves me lots of health).
I don't think it has lots of improvements... the only ones i think of are the dodging, quick turn, and the reloading tool, which allows you to turn gunpowder into ammunition (whic is useless, the ammo found in the game is already enough).

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium

RE3 is one of my favorites. Some of the stuff you all hate, I love. For instance, the city setting. While it does seem "impossible", it was fun. It's the first time you actually get to see Raccoon City. With all of the destruction and everything, it gives you a weird "closed in" feeling. The reload tool is great too. Because of the ammo scarcity, it comes in handy (well for me it did, I like blasting zombies :3). If I remember correctly, it's also the first time you get to play WITH an AI. The different real time decisions (also a first) impact both of the mid-game story line and the overall outcome of the story. Fighting Nemmy all throughout the game, both with and without the rocket launcher, was challenging at times. The dodging system was great and life saving, too. I do have to admit that the story was a bit iffy and weird... but this game is definitely a gem in it's on right.

Tyrant

I personally loved this game
not a bad game
and introduced the two characters that will always hold a special place in my heart

Carlos
and
the Fat guy

but this could be because it was my first RE game

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death

motivator7135442b125c6704ea24d1d41b.jpg

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death

Artwork isn't mine. I just added a Photoshop Filter, and used it to make a Demotivational poster.

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist

bruno;61950 said:
Just like you said, the city's design is a little impossible and ridiculous, and the game is REALLY short. But you can make different decisions, which leads to different cutscenes or different endings.
When fighting cerberus and Nemesis, i oftenly dodge "accidentaly" while i am trying to shoot (which saves me lots of health).
I don't think it has lots of improvements... the only ones i think of are the dodging, quick turn, and the reloading tool, which allows you to turn gunpowder into ammunition (whic is useless, the ammo found in the game is already enough).

Maybe if you're playing on easy. I played it on hard and almost every time I would find gun powder I was nearly or completely out of ammo.

Personally I loved the game. Sure it's not as long as RE2 but you retain the replayability with the different choices it gives you. I liked the apocalyptic city setting. Zombies and burning buildings add to the creepiness of the atmosphere. The awesome soundtrack helps too. I thought the puzzles were well done. They were tougher than puzzles in earlier games without being frustrating. AND you get to fight Nemesis, a bunch of times if you choose. I can't decide if I like RE2 or RE3 better.

bruno

Chief Researcher

T-Vaccinated Kid;62279 said:
Maybe if you're playing on easy. I played it on hard and almost every time I would find gun powder I was nearly or completely out of ammo.

I can't decide if I like RE2 or RE3 better.

I also play on hard, but i don't usually shoot the enemies, i just run around them, so i always have lots of ammo.
I think RE2 was creepier than RE3. Maybe because in RE3 you are mostly in open areas, and the lickers in RE2.

StarsiderdotSajun

After beating RE3 on easy a couple times over the years and now playing alot of the RE games that I missed quite recently, I'm really excited about going back and playing RE3 again on hard difficulty.

I finished Code Veronica about two weeks ago and it was nice because I really did well conserving ammo till the very end, so I've gotten alot better with the knife and alot better at dodging zombies whenever I'm able to, so that'll help me out with hard mode on RE3 now. :)

Mr Sunshine

One thing I don't like in RE 3 is the city setting. It just doesn't give the game good reasons for puzzles to exist like the mansion or the police station did.

bruno

Chief Researcher

Fallen91;64525 said:
One thing I don't like in RE 3 is the city setting. It just doesn't give the game good reasons for puzzles to exist like the mansion or the police station did.
Yes, the puzzles in RE3 are riddiculous. RE3 would fit more into a RE4/5 or Chronicles style, in which there's no puzzles. They could have made a proper remake in UC, but Capcom is the Master at ruining opportunities!!

ConvictedMP5

bruno;64542 said:
Yes, the puzzles in RE3 are riddiculous. RE3 would fit more into a RE4/5 or Chronicles style, in which there's no puzzles.

only the graph puzzle at the dead factory is a pain in the @$$ all the other puzzles like the one at the gas station is fun :) RE4 does have a few puzzles tho

bruno

Chief Researcher

I'm not saying the puzzles aren't fun, but in my city, i don't see puzzles in the middle of the street (i think:huh:)...

Top Bottom