• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 anyone dislike RE5?

Salt Dog

It's the worst in the series in my book. That being said though it still is a great 3rd person action/shooter game... it just didn't feel like I was playing a RE game.

jjnoctis

I think 5 is only slightly better than 6 IMO, RE5 actually had replay value, you could unlock things to use in your 2nd or 3rd playthrough, while RE6 has zero replay value, it's so damn linear and scripted that you will get the same boring experience every time you play through it and there is nothing to unlock that would make another playthrough more fun.
That's just one of the reasons I guess.

I loved RE6 because it was so beautifully scripted. I feel though Leon and Helena'scampaign have great replay value. Iam on my second play through and it is still very enjoyable.

Mr.Burton

REN's #1 Barry fan
Hello, i'm new here.

I played:Re1,2,3 nemesis, code veronica x, outbreak file 1 and 2, umbrella chronicles, 4 and 5.

I liked most of them, but re5 is just a tps(Third person shooter) and until the end, it doesn't even feel like resident evil.I think you could give it another title, and people wouldn't know its resident evil.The co op with players is a little fun, but it isn't re:1,2,3 or code veronica, where you try to avoid enemies instead of killing them.Remember that dreaded feeling that you knew something was up because a street was too peaceful, and that mr nemesis was near? or that feeling of fear knowing that hunters now roam the mansion?
I don't dislike it, but it's not one of my top favs. Another thing that sucked about it was that Wesker died... but, all good things come to an end I guess... its just that Wesker was one of the RE originals..

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Story wise, I LOVE RE5. Gameplay wise it was just ok. In all honesty, the only thing about RE5 that I actually hate is Sheva. She an go die in an effing hole. Other than that, I think RE5 was a pretty damn good game.

Retrogamer

Personally:I do not like co op.It makes a game less scary, and makes too much action.I also prefer not to have bad ai.
The ai for ashley was worse no doubt, but the ai for re5 could use some improvements.

Areas:I agree that too many of the scenarios were the same, and also lacks the feel of resident evil as well.It was almost as if i was playing gears of wars in africa or something.

Characters:I really like chris, and i don't mind sheva at all.I felt that wesker had to die, because the designers were running out of ideas, and turned wesker into a cliché supervillain.In re1, he was epic with his terrible lines, and he was a douche.In code veronica x, he was really cool when he fought veronica.

Aim:I think the wii version of re4 had better aim than re5, and less annoyance with enemies moving their heads around.

Tension:Re4 wasn't tense, but re5 was even less tense.The only tense moments, was the chainsaw guy, and those insect monsters.Re4 had scary moments, like the first time you fight a chainsaw guy, and the armor guys with ashley.

Personally: i think re5 was just an excuse to cash in to the online fps fanbase.

BeardedBushMan

I really enjoyed RE5. I remember as a kid playing the other RE games thinking "I wish I could play with my friend." (Yes, I had a couple friends :p) I loved RE4, and 5 was just more of the same but now with a friend! And come on, we got Jill in that battle suit!

Retrogamer

Yeah but its no longer resident evil anymore, instead:We got a tps clone.Where is the tension? Where is the fear of being alone? and having limited ammunition and medicine? and any wrong room could mean life and death? Where is the fear of possible encounters with hunters?

BeardedBushMan

Yeah but its no longer resident evil anymore, instead:We got a tps clone.Where is the tension? Where is the fear of being alone? and having limited ammunition and medicine? and any wrong room could mean life and death? Where is the fear of possible encounters with hunters?

You've got some valid points, most of which I agree with (not that it really matters if I agree or not :p), I just don't think RE will ever be able to recapture that tension. For me, the original RE games are so dear to me because of a lot of aspects; I was a young kid, horror games were brand new to me, the PS1 (at the time) was the most amazing technology to me, dogs jumping through windows (ahhh!) lol. I could go on.
I use the analogy of my love for horror films. When I first got into them, they terrified me, some even made me sleep with the lights on and have nightmares. I still love horror films, but it's not the same experience, no matter how gory or creepy they are. I think that's what RE will be for me. The games will never be like they were, but I can still have fun with them (I hope!)

Retrogamer

I could always hope upon hope, that capcom will return to its roots.Resident evil 6 had 1 part with leon that had the dark feel of earlier entries, but it wasn't scary, then it moved on to jake and chris, and both felt like re5, with chris campaign the most like re5.Re5 can be fun, but i think that if it wasn't named resident evil, along with re4, the game themselves could have been acceptable as shooter games with resident evil characters.

Wesker's Fanboy

Sociopathic Psychopath
I do, of course. Mainly for killing a character that was central to so much, could have been expanded upon so much more and maybe even had his own game. RE 5 was the beginning of the end.

I should clarify that I do like some things: Wesker's new model, Chris's new model and the new Mercenaries. That's about it. I especially disliked the location. It seemed a far cry from Resident Evil settings. It overall didn't feel like a RE game.

Modern Life Is Rubbish

I can honestly say i don't care enough to dislike it...I played it , completed it and sold it. I guess you could say i was indifferent. Sheva was refreshing to be honest. total cheese overload at the end though.

A_Blue_Herb

resident evil is basically becomming Resident evil: Call of Duty...its just more action paced based now instead of being about "survival"...just please give me a new mansion with zombies and everyone would be more than happy...stick to the basics..if its not broke, dont fix it...

Flipqy42

Nevermore
resident evil is basically becomming Resident evil: Call of Duty...its just more action paced based now instead of being about "survival"...just please give me a new mansion with zombies and everyone would be more than happy...stick to the basics..if its not broke, dont fix it...

Then you'd be getting fans complaining that its the same thing every time.

I do not need another mansion filled with slow-moving zombies, ridiculous puzzles/traps, and jumpscares for me to be satisfied with RE.

As long as I'm killing B.O.W.s and trying to stop Umbrella/Tricell/Wesker/Neo-Umbrella/4Kids, then it's RE to me.

svp

why didnt u play 4? thats the best game.. and I liked 5 way better then 6. 6 threw way too many enemies at you...5 had the right balance that involved using skill and ease.

A_Blue_Herb

i dont know, theres just so many virus's and companies and crap now that i dont even know whats going on with resident evil anymore..we got the t-virus, the g-virus, the c-virus, the plagues,veronica virus, etc...and umbrella, white umbrella, wesker/ada, tricell, neo , (ubstank - nemisis part 2) like jesus christ..does anybody really know whats going on anymore?

Kristen00

Haha. The BSAA have their work cut out for them, that's for sure. :eek:

I actually really like Resident Evil 5. Unfortunately I avoided playing it for a while because I had read such bad reviews that it put me off from purchasing it (must remind myself never to do that again), but now that I'm actually playing it I am starting to wonder why people were kicking up such a stink. Is it different from the previous games? Sure. But clearly the people that made the game wanted to try something different and I don't see anything wrong with that.

It's a well thought out, well executed game and the graphics are amazing. People who have issues with Resident Evil 5 clearly must have more of an issue with the fact that it changed from being a survival/horror to action/adventure and not because the game itself sucks. I realise I'm probably just stating the obvious, but oh well....

Everybody's tastes are different but I like it. :)

Champloo

Haha. The BSAA have their work cut out for them, that's for sure. :eek:

I actually really like Resident Evil 5. Unfortunately I avoided playing it for a while because I had read such bad reviews that it put me off from purchasing it (must remind myself never to do that again), but now that I'm actually playing it I am starting to wonder why people were kicking up such a stink. Is it different from the previous games? Sure. But clearly the people that made the game wanted to try something different and I don't see anything wrong with that.

It's a well thought out, well executed game and the graphics are amazing. People who have issues with Resident Evil 5 clearly must have more of an issue with the fact that it changed from being a survival/horror to action/adventure and not because the game itself sucks. I realise I'm probably just stating the obvious, but oh well....

Everybody's tastes are different but I like it. :)
I got Re5 when it first game out and liked it. It was a bad Resident Evil/Horror game, but a fun action game.

Top Bottom