• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 anyone dislike RE5?

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I loved RE5, just like I loved the whole series. When I killed Wesker, I literally shouted, "Take that you son of a b**ch!" The sections with the reapers was so nerve-racking and tense.

With every game, I just felt that RE would become actionized as it went on. That's what happens when characters get more and more experience, they get more prepared and less nervous.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
I loved RE5, just like I loved the whole series. When I killed Wesker, I literally shouted, "Take that you son of a b**ch!" The sections with the reapers was so nerve-racking and tense.

With every game, I just felt that RE would become actionized as it went on. That's what happens when characters get more and more experience, they get more prepared and less nervous.
Yup, RE5 is a good entry. Comboing Wesker to death was beyond satisfying.

Champloo

I've been playing RE games since day one and hate hate hate shooter games, but I loved RE5. I played through the campaign over 10x's and never got bored.

Harry Sachz

Ancient Alien
While not exactly the pinnacle of the series, I liked the game. It was addicting. I could play through it multiple consecutive times. I liked Chris and Sheva, as well as other supporting characters, like Irving. He was cool. Only thing I really didn't like about the game was it felt just a little short. Oh, that and the ending, of course.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I agree, Chris and Sheva make a great team! I'd love to see them together again in a future game. She's the only female partner I will ever accept by his side again.

I like Resident Evil 5 a lot even though i agree that it doesn't have a proper horror pedigree. Even though, i still think it's a good game but i highly recommend co-op mode. I think it's better than the Resident Evil 6. Mainly because i love upgrading weapons and i don't wanna start all over again with a handgun every time i start a new campaign. I can't have a permanent inventory and i hate the stupid split screen. Why not fit it all and waste no space? I hate that Piers died and Jake and Sherry are separated. Talking about RE6 endings, Ada's ending is a mess. What the heck is Jake doing there in Ada's ending?

Frenchman

While not exactly the pinnacle of the series, I liked the game. It was addicting. I could play through it multiple consecutive times. I liked Chris and Sheva, as well as other supporting characters, like Irving. He was cool. Only thing I really didn't like about the game was it felt just a little short. Oh, that and the ending, of course.

I agree with that.
And i'd add as a bad point for RE5 the fact that the places are all similar. I didn't like the whole idea of Africa being the location of the game, anyway.

I don't know if you had the same "scandal" in the US, but here in Europe some argued the game is racist because you have to shoot black people (well, zombies in fact, not people). That's ridiculous.

Harry Sachz

Ancient Alien
I agree with that.
And i'd add as a bad point for RE5 the fact that the places are all similar. I didn't like the whole idea of Africa being the location of the game, anyway.

I don't know if you had the same "scandal" in the US, but here in Europe some argued the game is racist because you have to shoot black people (well, zombies in fact, not people). That's ridiculous.

Yeah, what's next? Is shooting a cerberus in a Resident Evil game going to get a rise out of animal rights groups? :rolleyes:

Frenchman

Not that I ever disliked RE 5... but man... RE 6 is making me appreciate RE 5 a whole heck of a lot more.

Not me, for the moment. I really didn't like Africa being the place in which the game takes places, not the same ambiance.
And RE 5 was too short. I like the idea of multiple scenarios in RE 6.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
Coming on to RE5, i wasn't expecting a "horror" aspect more like a "trying to survive" thing, the first chapter (first encountering the Majini was intense), compaired to RE6, RE5 is more complexed (game mechanics wise), one of the aspects of RE5 (i really liked) (campain wise) is that you actually had to look after your "Partner" (making sure they are able to Survive and give them inventory *ammo/weapons/health items*) as opposed to RE6 (your A.I. Partner has Unlimited Ammo and Cannot Die, which i though was ridiculous)

Champloo

Coming on to RE5, i wasn't expecting a "horror" aspect more like a "trying to survive" thing, the first chapter (first encountering the Majini was intense), compaired to RE6, RE5 is more complexed (game mechanics wise), one of the aspects of RE5 (i really liked) (campain wise) is that you actually had to look after your "Partner" (making sure they are able to Survive and give them inventory *ammo/weapons/health items*) as opposed to RE6 (your A.I. Partner has Unlimited Ammo and Cannot Die, which i though was ridiculous)

RE5 was a bad horror game, but great action game. I personally liked RE5 better than 4 and 6. 6 was a just a bad game overall to me and 4 dragged on with the Castle which really kept me from liking it more than 5. I do like the partner interaction in the game a lot better than RE6. Sheva was much better than the ones in 6.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
For a time, I really disliked RE5. It wasn't until very recently that I was receptive to it! It's certainly not my least favorite numbered game... *COUGH*4*COUGH*

Reactions: Hel

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
So I'm not the only one who actually played RE4 after RE5? I have to say, though, that I would like RE4 much more than I do now if the aiming was as fast and easy as in RE5. On the PC at least, Leon turns and aims so slowly it makes you feel like you're controlling a lorry!

Resident Evil 5 is definitely my least favorite numbered Resident Evil game. I loved 4 though and liked 6. 4 Is still my favorite of the modern RE games.

ADAxWONG

On A Mission...
What I do like about this is lots of characters to use. Mercenaries have memorable maps. Bad, the Campaign chapters, some of them are ANNOYING as heck!

Top Bottom