• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you Thinking? Resident Evil Edition!

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Some of us never really wanted a new character as the main character...

I get what you are saying though as I'm sure there are fans who wanted a new character for the series (and or a reboot all together) and are now b*tching about what has been shown so far. Everyone is asking for different things, and some don't even know what they really want or like but throw suggestions and demands out there anyway. Hence why Capcom needs to focus on where they want things to go with the series instead. You can't please everyone and thus they need to do what makes them happy (other than simply doing things to make money).

That all being said, I think they were pretty close with pleasing a lot of fans with Revelations 2 and now they have completely strayed away from that game... once again trying to take a completely different route to go along with the bandwagon of people trying to achieve what P.T. established in only an hour worth of gameplay.
P.T. was groundbreaking and it is understandable why they are inspired by it, however certain features work better for P.T. because Silent Hill is a whole different horror concept with intricate storytelling.

I think a lot of people are beginning to see how the "original" characters are what make this series stand out against any other general zombie game. It is not like Left 4 Dead where they take a random group of people and throw them against the zombie apocalypse. The main series has always had something to do with characters like Chris, Jill, and Leon fighting against bioterrorism.

I'm not completely against having a new playable character, but we are 7 games deep now into the main series, so yes, I think that the main cast should be featured in this game at some point and in some way. Capcom needs to focus on what they have already established so far and make it all come together. That all said, there is still a chance that Capcom can blow us all away with this new game and tie it in nicely with the main series story arc.
I understand where you're coming from. But the majority of people wanted new characters as mains and now the majority wants old characters as the mains and it just confuses me. Right away I saw people complaining about how the main character of 7 is a new character and that was before they understood that there would be no older characters.

lorddemolatron

CP and BP fan forever
well ended persuaded from mine steam friends and playing Umbrella Corps, beside its not that bad i first assumed:

13502726_1212202448820005_458788997445092379_o.jpg

Thats how my char look there in this spinoff

Cheer

Kamen Rider
Ok you know i really gotta ask this. because a lot of kids out there keeps *****ing about how this and that are not Resident Evil. What is Resident Evil?

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Ok you know i really gotta ask this. because a lot of kids out there keeps *****ing about how this and that are not Resident Evil. What is Resident Evil?

It's a survival horror series that redefines itself every decade and is never afraid to take risks and embrace changes. It also follows a story that resolves around an amazing cast of characters :3

How does that sound?

Turo602

The King of Kings
It's a survival horror series that redefines itself every decade and is never afraid to take risks and embrace changes. It also follows a story that resolves around an amazing cast of characters :3

How does that sound?

Very simplistic.

Cheer

Kamen Rider

How does that sound?

So What is Resident Evil?

Airaku

Stray Jedi
So What is Resident Evil?

It's also a really epic video game. Didja know that? :3 You can play it, and it will play you. You don't even know it yet, but it's so evil that it controls certain individuals to buy it and play it for hours straight. Hours they will never get back in their life. NOT EVER! :3

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
It's also a really epic video game. Didja know that? :3 You can play it, and it will play you. You don't even know it yet, but it's so evil that it controls certain individuals to buy it and play it for hours straight. Hours they will never get back in their life. NOT EVER! :3
But the hours are spent well. :p

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
The other day I entered a competition on Twitter to win a code for RE5 on PS4. I spent a while trying to fit a little poem into 140 characters, thinking I'd try and stand out to win the code. There were two codes up for grabs and only six people entered.

I didn't win.

One of the entries that won: I should win the code for Resi5 because I AM A MASSIVE resident evil fan!! Have loved every game since 1!!!

If I'd known it was that simple I wouldn't have bothered trying haha...

Last edited:

lorddemolatron

CP and BP fan forever
Pro[ably no one acknowlegdes this but i played two Japanese mobile RE spinoffs called Biohazard Survive team and famous Biohazard Clan Master and loved those social games totally

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
First they bitched about RE 7's return to survival horror and its RE roots, and now this

REFC.jpg

it looks like they also have been rudely asking Milla about RE FC trailer. RE fans are the worst sometimes.

Last edited:

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
It just dawned on me that I use a whole lot of Barry's good ole lines from the original RE1 in every day life, lately...

My favorite being when Jill & him find Forrest on the balcony of the mansion.

"Oh my god!"

Why does it sound like he's saying "Oh my cod"?

And the "you were almost a Jill sandwich"...

It sounds like he's saying "jibble sandwich"...

:sleepy:

Smoke break is over...

Turo602

The King of Kings
First they bitched about RE 7's return to survival horror and its RE roots, and now this

REFC.jpg

it looks like they also have been rudely asking Milla about RE FC trailer. RE fans are the worst sometimes.

Why do you lump two completely different sides of the fanbase together? Also, the only thing worse than fans bitching and complaining are fans like you who sh*t on other fans because they have legitimate concerns with a game.

You haven't even seen the actual game yet and already you're making bold claims about it like they have fulfilled their promise. Not everyone is satisfied with the direction Resident Evil 7 is taking despite wanting a return to survival horror because it's not what they want from Resident Evil. It's not as black and white as you try to make it seem.

I don't mean to single you out because I've seen this on more than one occasion, but people gotta stop talking out their ass and stop pretending Capcom answered everyone's prayers with Resident Evil 7. Yes, it's awesome that they're going the horror route but in doing so, new problems arised.

I'm getting sick of people acting like the fans are somehow ungrateful or don't know what the f*ck their talking about just because some of you are happy with what they're giving you.

Top Bottom