• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you Thinking? Resident Evil Edition!

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
RE6 which I liked was the proof of what happens when you try to please everyone. It backfired badly on Capcom and RE7 seems to be avoiding that which is great.
You know what, this is my fault. I shouldn't have said anything. There's no use in arguing with a 12 year old.
Yeah when you cant't convince other enough, just call em 10 yr old. In before I'm Capcom shill too.

Last edited:

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I can never decide what guns I want in RE5. I have infinite ammo for all of them so it makes it even harder. Which machine gun do I want? Which sniper rifle? Hmm...

> Resident Evil 5
> Machine gun

Lol, I don't even bother with machine guns in that game. They don't do enough damage to be worth anything to me.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Why should people be criticised for not liking or having reservations about the demo, or the direction that RE7 is taking?

I'm in the camp of people that have some reservations about RE7. I've seen a lot of cases where the people who are dissatisfied with what we've seen so far of RE7 have been talked down to, by people saying that RE fans are 'never satisfied' and that we wanted a return to horror and now we've got it, we're still not happy. It irks me when I see that. Yet I've seen very little of the people who are dissatisfied saying anything against the people who are happy.

I know people are arguing that we don't know much about the game, but we do know that there are going to be three significant changes:
- A return to the horror roots
- A switch to first person perspective
- The absence of the main Resident Evil characters

For me personally, the return to horror roots is a good thing, but Capcom have also taken away a lot of stuff that makes Resident Evil special to me. I've always loved the continuity in Resident Evil, and the characters were always a massive part of that. For 20 years it's been built upon a cast of characters that have been in the majority of the games, and now suddenly we're being told that the main campaign will have new characters. Also, I'm not overly fond of first person games, because I like to know what my character looks like. I don't buy into this 'putting yourself into the horror' thing, because I don't want it to be me experiencing the horror. I want to play it as somebody else and be told a story. It's funny how before the release of RE7, a lot of people talked about wanting Jill in there and yet hardly anybody has expressed disappointment about it. Even I expressed the same opinion, and I'm not a fan of Jill's. I know people were sick of Chris and Leon, but that doesn't necessarily have to mean no remaining characters, and the older characters can still be put into scary situations where ammo and weapons are scarce.

I can't comment on whether the demo plays like P.T. or Outlast or whatever other comparisons are being made, having not played either of them myself. But since Capcom researched a hell of a lot of first person horror games, is it possible that some of this has rubbed off in the demo? Again, I can't comment as to that but maybe it's a possibility.

I can't help but think that it was a bit of a bad move on Capcom's part to make the demo a 'tone setter'. I get that they want to play their cards close to their chest, but I'm confused as to why they thought putting the ghost girl and randomly appearing mannequins in there was a good idea, if the main game isn't going to have supernatural elements. And it's just silly how the family guy walks past the door, but in two seconds he's nowhere to be seen. I also didn't think the demo was very scary, and I only played it so much to try and figure out what to do with the dummy finger. I didn't get the feel of Resident Evil from the demo really, but if other people did, then that's fair enough.

At the end of the day, people are allowed to have their reservations, because there are some very significant changes being made that are a big part of the series. Change can be good, and it can be bad. I will withhold judgement until I've experienced the game itself and I will keep an open mind when I play it, but since we don't have much to go on right now, there's bound to be a few doubts, and we've got Capcom saying 'trust us' (which in itself suggests that they're aware that a lot of people won't get the RE feel from the demo), but I can't trust blindly. If people enjoyed the demo and are excited, then that's great. I can't fully agree with you, but I respect that. But the reasons for the concerns aren't baseless, and the people who have doubts should be respected too.

You know, this makes too much sense but I'm going to be a fanboy and tell you why you're wrong anyway because it's very important to me that I validate my opinion otherwise I feel insecure about the things I like.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
What do people think of this rumour?
http://gamesintrend.com/resident-evil-7/

I'm not sure on how they would have gotten this information, but it's interesting. The new and like main character being named Utami, which is a cool name btw. Though Capcom said that we wouldn't see many returning characters. These guys say otherwise. Basically everyone except Leon and Ada show up in some capacity. That doesn't mean that they are in it for long. The part that makes me think it's fake is the "Jake and Claire are partners" thing. I mean sure... I can see it actually happening, but wasn't that an older rumor? Some of it seems too good to be true. Jill becoming the leader of the BSAA would be amazing. Then again she was a leader of a BSAA squad in the original RE5 build according to this.... http://www.relyonhorror.com/in-depth/resident-evil-5-beta-4-5-information-lost-scrapped-concepts/ It would be really cool if they revisited that and took it further. The claim of Alex Wesker being the main villain really wouldn't be a surprise to anyone. I mean there seemed to be a few hints of it in the trailer imho. Even mildly in the demo.

I think it's a cool rumor, probably not true. That's a lot of major characters to explain and makes it sound like it would be damn long. Unless it is a collection of short stories, which the pre-order DLC shows. Though the main game is likely one big story with DLC side stories. At least that's my guess. Just a guess though >.<

Airaku

Stray Jedi
"Steve Burnside is going to find Claire to revenge her"

Okay...

Another thing that is pretty weird. I didn't even know what to say about that one xD
But hey! A lot of fans have been bitching about him returning or having some sort of closure.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
The only part of this fairy tale that seems plausible is the one involving Alex. Everything else is... quite a bit too much. Even if all those "returning" characters only had very minor roles, it would still make RE7 the game with the most known faces, which is especially odd for an installment that is said to not feature any of the known characters. And I don't want a main character called "Utami" either.

As for Steve "revenging" Claire... Let's forget for a moment that I tend to ignore each and every rumour that mentions Steve, how does that even make sense? Why should Claire be "revenged"? (Wouldn't it rather be "avenged" anyway?) Because if this rumour is to be believed (which I highly doubt), she's still alive and well and once again paired with a younger character, as usual.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
@Hel Pretty much, and the whole William Birkin stuff makes no sense either. There's been lots of reports that he'll be making a return but I'm pretty sure they were mistaking that for the RE2 remake. At least that is the only thing that would make sense to me.

I just love reading these rumors though. The only way I can see this actually working is if these characters are all in flash backs on the tapes you (may) find and watch. Possibly linking characters and events together in indirect ways that ties everything together in a interesting and twisted way. Something that would be fairly engaging for the long time fans and easy to grasp for new fans. I wouldn't bet on it as it's miles away from any writing style that Capcom has ever done.

I still want Jill to become the leader of the BSAA *pokes fingers together* because that would be aweeesome! Over all your thoughts pretty much match mine realistically. I'm not sure I get why "Utami" is a bad name though. Most of the main characters of the game have some of the most generic common and unoriginal names. While the side characters have some pretty creative names. At least they didn't name any notable characters John..... >.< I doubt most people even care about that anyways xD

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Most of the main characters of the game have some of the most generic common and unoriginal names. While the side characters have some pretty creative names. At least they didn't name any notable characters John..... >.< I doubt most people even care about that anyways xD
You know, I only know one Leon and one Ada, and they happen to be married. xD They're relatives of mine.

BeatTheGG

The true last hope.
I still can't get over this. I need- no, DEMAND to know what the thought process was behind changing the basement theme from this awesomeness in the original...

to these chain of farts in the directors cut addition??

That's like switching your sofa out for a tar pit!!!

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I want Chris, Claire, Barry and Alex to be in the next game as major characters dammit... Maybe even Jake but preferably Wesker himself. Hell feature all of them and we will have one big family reunion.

Utami? That's gonna be a household name for suree. :sleepy:

Cheer

Kamen Rider
I want Chris, Claire, Barry and Alex to be in the next game as major characters dammit... Maybe even Jake but preferably Wesker himself. Hell feature all of them and we will have one big family reunion.

Utami? That's gonna be a household name for suree. :sleepy:

And let them throw the Ashford twins. So we could have a full house.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Cool thing happened: I wore my new Resident Evil 20th Anniversary shirt from Hot Topic to GameStop the other day when placing my pre-orders for FFXV and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

10701151_hi

And then, in honor of the 20th anniversary of Resi, I also dug through my gaming backlog and started playing TLOUR again. Such a great game in every facet, Ellie and Joel have perhaps the most intriguing character and story dynamics I think I've ever seen, and I hope the rumors of Naughty Dog working on TLOU2 next are true.

In any event, good to know that this is the 20th anniversary of two games I've long been looking forward to on PS4. As an added bonus, I'll be able to play both in VR, well, one of the new games modes in Rise.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
I couldn't find another appropriate thread for this, so I'll post it here:

The first trailer for Resident Evil: The Final Chapter will come out next week, on August 9th, according to Milla Jovovich.

Source

Source of the Source
Yeah, it's also worth noting that RE 7 and RE Final Chapter will be released on the same week (24 & 27 Jan '17). Now I'm not sure if that's a wise decision.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
So the teaser trailer for the trailer for the movie is out now. I'm kind of happy they are not including all of the other characters in the movie and not further damaging their image. I am kind of confused since the last movie had a cliffhanger in the credit scene for Jill if I remember right. Ada was the only character that had some justification, and they kind of built her up and now they dropped her already? Wtf? They can't even keep their actors on board xD They recasted Albert Wesker 2 or 3 times.... Hopefully this is the best movie for what the film can be and give it bang, rather than the bang from the hammer nailing the nail into it's coffin.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3402036/teaser-resident-evil-final-chapter-trailer-arrived/

Top Bottom