• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you Thinking? Resident Evil Edition!

JHJ

"Doth Mother Know You Weareth Her Drapes?"
Ah true. Regardless though, you still don't see any of the other actors returning.
True. Conflicting schedules don't help the situation, not to mention ego's, as well. There's bound to be at least one of them who tried pulling a Crispin Glover. Hopefully, though, after the film is released, the whole thing can get rebooted at some point and we'll get some more faithful adaptations.
I kinda want to see whoever takes it on to make a TV series. I'll admit, the first games storyline would be a little thin to cover a whole season, but if it was structured kinda like Lost it might work, using flashbacks to the start of the investigation, and into the characters pasts. And because it's continuity would be seperate from the games, it could incorporate some of the characters histories from the S.D. Perry novels, like Jill's dad, Dick Valentine, who was a professional thief who taught Jill all the tricks of the trade, including her signature skill (at least, according to a certain Mr Burton)... Lockpicking. Am I alone on this one?

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I would love to see a reboot done later on once the dust has settled with the current series. However I'm not sold on the idea of it being done in a TV series format.
I have a hard time seeing the series of RE being dragged out for 6 or so seasons. I suppose it could be done, especially with the right writers who can really flesh out the characters and cook up enough drama to hold everyone's attention. *cough* Wesker/Chris *cough*

I'm sure it would inevitably be compared to The Walking Dead and that could have a negative affect on the success for the would-be series. In a way I can kind of see it with a similar style to that of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. While that could be a bit cheesy, it could still be fun (though I'm probably the only one who thinks that).

Ultimately I would rather see a better written, and slightly more serious and realistic take for a movie reboot that better depicts the game characters and fleshes them out more. A rendition of Resident Evil 5 with Chris and Barry as partners and also feature Jill, Wesker, Sheva and Josh would be an action packed blast.

Last edited:

Airaku

Stray Jedi
The other girl in the thumbnail is a new character called Abigail, whoever that is. But it's funny that some of you thought it was Moira, because when I saw the run-down skyscraper near the beginning of the trailer, it reminded me of the tower from Revelations 2. It wouldn't be the first time they copy concepts from the games directly into the films.

I don't remember the films all too well, but hasn't Dr. Isaac died a million times already?

I don't think anyone thought it was Moira :p Just that she's the closest character in the series that would resemble her. She'll probably be a big character in the movie but that's about as far as it goes. I am curious as to how this will all play out. The glass box does seem like something that would be in Revelations 2 :p It would be nice for them to add Alex to the movie's, but I doubt it'll happen :(

Ultimately I would rather see a better written, and slightly more serious and realistic take for a movie reboot that better depicts the game characters and fleshes them out more. Honestly a rendition of Resident Evil 5 with Chris and Barry as partners and also feature Jill, Wesker, Sheva and Josh would be an action packed blast.

Ughhh we needed Barry in RE5 so bad. I'm still sad we didn't get that.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
CT: Adam Crosman, the face model for Piers Nivans in RE6, got married to his girlfriend Brooke this week. I know this because I'm friends with him on Facebook, and for some reason I find it a lot more interesting than the latest news about Resident Evil 7. Who agrees?

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
CT: Adam Crosman, the face model for Piers Nivans in RE6, got married to his girlfriend Brooke this week. I know this because I'm friends with him on Facebook, and for some reason I find it a lot more interesting than the latest news about Resident Evil 7. Who agrees?

After reading your post I had to see if he has an Instagram, and he does. He seems like a really sweet guy! It is adorable how much he loves his lady.

Reactions: Jen

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Nah I think RE3 would benefit the most from a remake out of any RE game. If they can give it Nemesis some super advanced AI it could be really good. And of course add over the shoulder view. I want the suspense of not being able to see Nemy behind him when he's chasing me. The fix camera kills that for me tbh.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
RE3 was fun and I agree over-the-shoulder view would be pretty cool when running away from Nemesis, but I wouldn't go so far to say that it would benefit the most. At the end of the day it involves another character escaping the same city that is going to be explored in the RE2 remake (and I can't wait to see footage of this game ZOMG!!).

Code Veronica offers a lot more unique areas that can be explored as well as a more interesting story. A remake would allow them to add even more detail and depth to the environments, characters, as well as some good background story. Between getting to see Wesker again, the Ashford twins (which they can make even more demented), and Nosferatu (dude freaked me out even in the original), I think it would be amazing and a lot more beneficial than an RE3 remake. They could even throw in more detailed stories about the prisoners on the island and perhaps make one similar to that of Lisa Trevor.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to play Resident Evil as Lara Croft? Current or future owners of Rise of the Tomb Raider might get a taste of that with the upcoming Croft Manor DLC, which, among other things, has Lara explore an old mansion while fighting zombies. See for yourself:

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2016/08/18/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-interview-ign-live-gamescom-2016

They're even calling it Resident Raider in the video! The part with the zombies starts at 3:50.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
Just finished listening to this podcast featuring Alyson Court (Claire Redfield) and Lisa Jai (Sherry Birkin) and it was pretty interesting. They go through some of the behind the scenes stuff of RE2 and what their experiences were. There's some discussion about CV, degeneration and Outbeak too.

Alyson speaks about Rev2 and interestingly, that she was contacted by Capcom Japan after the announcement of RE2 Remake due to fan support.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
This is the last f*cking time I ever devote any sort of time and effort to Resident Evil: Revelations 2.
This is the second time the game completely wiped all of my save data after I haven't played it for a month. Hundreds of hours of Raid Mode and the campaign: Gone.

Go f*ck yourself you loathsome goddamn pile of sh!t.
Shelved.

I am a Jill Sandwich

This is the last f*cking time I ever devote any sort of time and effort to Resident Evil: Revelations 2.
This is the second time the game completely wiped all of my save data after I haven't played it for a month. Hundreds of hours of Raid Mode and the campaign: Gone.

Shelved.

Wow that sucks! :sad:

Airaku

Stray Jedi

Shelved.

How the hell does that happen? o.0 Save data's don't wipe themselves.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
There's a possibility that Mia might actually look like this instead of the CEDEC photogrammetry one.
http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-...7-first-look-at-mia-from-the-lantern-trailer/
41IBo-mucyao-s8y3yQt9K1KW7JmsmfzAeRBH7x5vWw-e1473202258656.jpg

Would be awesome if they could keep this level of graphics in the final game, while running at 60 fps. Also it was claimed that Mia has "gift", now that's open to many speculations.

Last edited:

Airaku

Stray Jedi
There's a possibility that Mia might actually look like this instead of the CEDEC photogrammetry one.
http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-...7-first-look-at-mia-from-the-lantern-trailer/
41IBo-mucyao-s8y3yQt9K1KW7JmsmfzAeRBH7x5vWw-e1473202258656.jpg

Would be awesome if they could keep this level of graphics in the final game, while running at 60 fps. Also it was claimed that Mia has "gift", now that's open to many speculations.

I actually really like her design! Now I want a little more description on her. I can't remember if they gave an age or background check on her. Did they? Or is this all we know?

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
I actually really like her design! Now I want a little more description on her. I can't remember if they gave an age or background check on her. Did they? Or is this all we know?
So far I only know
- She is Ethan's wife as revealed by ESRB
- It was claimed she has a "gift", could be related to resi 7's subtittle "biohazard" which was said that it's actually a major clue I don't know it's subtle as hell
- It was also claimed in the reddit leak that she wasn't actually kidnapped, she instead trespassed the mansion and got caught by the lady carrying a lantern in the "Lantern" trailer. It's definitely an interesting rumor

Last edited:
Top Bottom