• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you Thinking? Resident Evil Edition!

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
One thing I love about RE is that death is a serious thing. You do after all get one life.

Not Wesker though. He gives you the finger and comes back and tries something even harder and more riskier each time. (for some odd reason.)

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
CT: With all those discussions going on about how great some people think RE7 will be and how terrible RE6 allegedly was, I totally got into the mood of playing 6 again. And damn, do I suck! I haven't played this game in ages and it shows, because I'm so used to Tomb Raider gameplay and controls that poor Ada had to die three times before I could finally figure out how to not get killed. Guess I shouldn't have started with one of the harder campaigns, but I just missed Ada.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I haven't played this game in ages and it shows, because I'm so used to Tomb Raider gameplay and controls

And with game's controls being so similar these days, I can only imagine what this was like when every 3D game had unique (or uniquely terrible) control schemes.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Not a big deal, actually. The new Tomb Raider games and the older ones, especially the classics, have very different controls, but I can easily switch back and forth between them because they're so different, look different, and require different keys, that there is no chance of mixing them up. When two games are just different enough, it doesn't matter which one you're playing, you'll manage. RE6 on the other hand uses pretty much the same third-person over-the-shoulder shooting mechanic as Rise of the Tomb Raider, which is why I keep getting confused and trying to make Ada do stuff that only Lara can do. Switching back from RE6 to RE5 is an even bigger challenge, though.

It's like trying to speak two foreign languages that are just too similar (like Spanish and Italian), causing you to use words from one language in a sentence of the other language, whereas you don't have that problem with a third language (like French) that has similar grammar, but completely different pronunciation.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I've played RE5 so much that it is basically muscle memory and I catch on pretty quickly even after a while of not playing the game. RE6 takes a bit of getting used to with the different item storage, but I had the worst time trying to replay RE4 and completely fumbled around with the controls- I quit just before the chainsaw guy sawed me head off.

Maybe it's because Chris is a big dumb meathead football star.

A meatball who has feelings!

Last edited:

RedPanda

4x the awesome
Not a big deal, actually. The new Tomb Raider games and the older ones, especially the classics, have very different controls, but I can easily switch back and forth between them because they're so different, look different, and require different keys, that there is no chance of mixing them up. When two games are just different enough, it doesn't matter which one you're playing, you'll manage. RE6 on the other hand uses pretty much the same third-person over-the-shoulder shooting mechanic as Rise of the Tomb Raider, which is why I keep getting confused and trying to make Ada do stuff that only Lara can do. Switching back from RE6 to RE5 is an even bigger challenge, though.

It's like trying to speak two foreign languages that are just too similar (like Spanish and Italian), causing you to use words from one language in a sentence of the other language, whereas you don't have that problem with a third language (like French) that has similar grammar, but completely different pronunciation.
That's so true. I can have the controls for BO3, TTT2, RE6, Rocket League, Minecraft etc. all available at the drop of a hat, but when I go from RE6 to RE5 I get slaughtered immediately.

Reactions: Hel

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Just in case anyone has ever wondered what it really says in the article that Sherry writes on the plane, presumably about Jake...

SALIS.jpg

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
You didn't actually think Sherry would write something so potentially dirty, did you?

(Ssshh: That's what Ada secretly does!)

(Edit: ... Wait. No. That was Nivanfield. Ada only writes Nivanfield. Sorry.)

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
That darn Ada, trying to get under Chris' skin!

You're right, Sherry's too busy writing fanfictions of her and Jake attending family dinners with the Weskers and Birkins.

It's Jill and Rebecca who enjoy cowriting Wesker/Chris stories together.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hel

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
She wants to have some leverage against him, just in case. Remember that blue Neo-Umbrella cube she's carrying around? It's not just a communication device. All the photos of romantic and sexy interactions between Chris and Piers that she takes throughout her RE6 campaign are saved on that thing. That's why she's running from them all the time, she can't risk getting caught doing what she does and losing her leverage. The idea behind this is that if Chris proclaims Ada Wong as a terrorist in public, she will tell his superiors that he chooses his men based on qualities other than their soldiering skills, providing evidence photos of the oral exam that got Piers into the team.

And yes, I can totally see Rebecca writing Weskerfield fics. And trying to stop a horny Jill from inserting herself into them.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Operation Raccoon City sure does feel like a modern day remake of the John Carpenter's The Thing game.

1 - Squad based shooter companion piece to something actually scary
2 - Little to no control over your braindead teammates
3 - Spooky environments like laboratories and abandoned buildings
4 - LOTS OF FIRE!

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
She wants to have some leverage against him, just in case. Remember that blue Neo-Umbrella cube she's carrying around? It's not just a communication device. All the photos of romantic and sexy interactions between Chris and Piers that she takes throughout her RE6 campaign are saved on that thing. That's why she's running from them all the time, she can't risk getting caught doing what she does and losing her leverage. The idea behind this is that if Chris proclaims Ada Wong as a terrorist in public, she will tell his superiors that he chooses his men based on qualities other than their soldiering skills, providing evidence photos of the oral exam that got Piers into the team.

And yes, I can totally see Rebecca writing Weskerfield fics. And trying to stop a horny Jill from inserting herself into them.

It does explain their absence from the series lately.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I have this new friend on Steam... No idea who he or she is, they just sent me a friend request and I accepted just so they don't feel bad, expecting them to interact with me as much as any of my other Steam "friends" (i.e. not at all). But they've already sent me two messages since then, asking if we could play RE6 together someday, so I checked their profile and... that person has over 1,400 hours of play time! Jesus! How is that even possible? I mean, even with four campaigns, Mercenaries, several multiplayer extra modes and everything else this game has to offer, it has to get boring at some point, right? And also, how does anyone have that much time to spend on one game? I'm not judging, just seriously wondering. With that much experience, they must be really good, so I only hope they don't expect the same from me when/if we ever actually play together...

Airaku

Stray Jedi
So I got my dirty coin tonight and right for the release. Anyone else get the coin and true ending. Which means not getting bit by that thing in the basement.

That thing kinda looked like a mix between a Bloodshot and the Ooze from RE: Revelations.

Top Bottom