• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you Thinking? Resident Evil Edition!

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
^Just make sure you attack the real Norman.

Alright so here's the latest RE sales update (as of March 31, 2016)
- RE 6 sold 6.5M copies (up from the last update 6.4M, probably because of remaster port)
- RE 5 is still reigning at 7M copies
- Revelations 2 at 1.8M (up from 1.6M)
- Remake HD at 1.3M (up from 1.2M)
- 0 HD hasn't reached 1M yet.

Lithium

Playing RE5 with my friend. The one who gave Revelations a bad review . She wants to beat the game, because she can't stand unfinished games on her Steam account. And stupid me gave her the codes for Revelations and 5 from my Capcom Humble Bundle some time ago. Let's call her "T" and I'm "L" (for Lithium)

Battling Ndesu

T keeps shooting it in the face, although the Plagas already burst from its skin
L: Shoot the Plagas!
T: What?
L: The thingies that wiggle from its skin!
T: But we're playing on easy!
That's her favorite reason for not thinking while fighting enimies.

While collecting pieces for the village-key...

T is playing as Chris and rushing forward into the crocodiles. Get's eaten.
T: How do I beat those thing?
L: I dunno if we can. You can stun them with a few bullets and run.
T: okay
We restart, we get to the houses, collect the piece and get attacked be Ganados. She's shooting like she's Duke Nukem. I roll my eyes and sigh.
Then we see a Ganado that tries to get up onto the bridge, but it keeps falling down. T keeps shooting.
L: What are you doing? It can't get to us, let's go!
T: I wanted to finish them all off.

We fail at the village in 3-1 becauise we're obviously low on ammo

L: Upgrade your weapon's capacity, then you start with full ammo.
T: I don't have any money.
L: Did you already upgrade?
T: No.
L: Erm... did you sell any of your treasure?
T: What treasure?
L: The stuff we collect all the time? It's right there, next to the inventory
T starts selling treasure... one by one.
L: You can sell all at one by pressing "V".
T sells all and starts buying weapons.
L: No, upgrade your weapons in your inventory.
T: How?
L: Left-click. Then "upgrade"
Explaning proves difficult, since I play in English, she plays in German.
T: I still don't have ammo.
L: Did you upgrade the capacity?
T finally upgrades the capacity. Twice on the same weapon.
L: Don't upgrade all at once, we have to save this trick for later. Just upgrade every weapon once.
T: This is stupid, I'll just upgrade the handgun and the shotgun.

We finally got through 3-1 that way, but seriously... this is what I'm pausing Uncharted 4 for?

I just don't get how someone who is really good at playing Hitman has such a hard time with Resident Evil.

Reactions: JHJ

lorddemolatron

CP and BP fan forever
and here goes nothing as im playing on new Asus ROG lappy RE Rev 2 ( beside i can buy rest of episodes too as i have money still):

13173126_1185689634804620_2288047837019974152_o.jpg

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
^ Revelations 2 had bad PC perfomance on launch day. After several patches it's better now.

Quick update:
RE 0 HD now sold at least 800k digitally, which means that RE Origins physical copies aren't included in the number. It's safe to say that 0 HD will top 1M just like Remake did.

lorddemolatron

CP and BP fan forever
^ Revelations 2 had bad PC perfomance on launch day. After several patches it's better now.

Quick update:
RE 0 HD now sold at least 800k digitally, which means that RE Origins physical copies aren't included in the number. It's safe to say that 0 HD will top 1M just like Remake did.

maybe thats why i get no bugs for now, but well still amazed that i can play it with all options on high when im using laptop as used PCto run game.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
My REvelations 2 playthrough is going well. I have literally nothing left for Claire and Barry is bursting with herbs and ammo.

Also, f*ck those trippy invisible fly things.

lorddemolatron

CP and BP fan forever
Well started slightly dominating on Raid mode in RE Rev 2 and well chosen to get anotber char onto it( beside fact that in that mode i mostly abuse Wesker in it):

13221260_1190104631029787_4038813702984632356_o.jpg

ArabPikachu

So I played the Remake again for the first time since maybe a year or so after it was originally released. I don't know why, but it took me a good 45 minutes to escape from the boulders unscathed. It was terrible.

From my experience, boulder escaping in BH 1 remake is easier when contrasted to escaping boulders in BH4

Last edited:

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
According to the latest RE interview video, there's third person who's apparently a director working on RE 2 remake. Yoshiaki Hirabayashi aka H, Yasuhiro Anpo and a mysterious figure...

JHJ

"Doth Mother Know You Weareth Her Drapes?"
Hunk is an undercover Hydra agent infiltrating Capcom games.
That Captain America twist is still hurting, huh? Well, if we're talking theoretical ridiculous twists, how about this one: Capcom reveal the RE games all take place in Marvel's comic universe, Umbrella is found out to be a dummy corporation owned by Hydra and Chris, Jill and Barry have all been a Hydra agents all along. THE ULTIMATE TWIST!

RedPanda

4x the awesome
That Captain America twist is still hurting, huh? Well, if we're talking theoretical ridiculous twists, how about this one: Capcom reveal the RE games all take place in Marvel's comic universe, Umbrella is found out to be a dummy corporation owned by Hydra and Chris, Jill and Barry have all been a Hydra agents all along. THE ULTIMATE TWIST!
Tbh at this point I wouldn't even be that surprised

Airaku

Stray Jedi

That would be cool. Dumb to an extent, but cool. The funny thing is that the RE universe and the Marvel universe mix very, very well. Especially with Blade, Hulk, even a bit of Spider-Man.

Let's not even mention the fact that Alveus was a bit of an Albert Wesker.
Lets see...

- They both tried to accomplished "Complete. Global. Saturation."
- Both wore a badass trench coat
- Both could technically teleport in a different way. One moves at near the speed of light in short bursts. The other can dematerialize.
- Both had an epic fight in a hangar
- Both loaded their ultimate virus into a warhead
- Both tried to launch the warhead at optimal altitude in a jet (the scene that shows the jet in the air is pretty much shot to shot the same, only one was during the day, the other a night. Side-shot etc)
- Both got knocked back in the back of the jet. Only Albert went out the hatch like a bitch LMAO!
- Both had a virus that would mutate the worthy into something great, and the unworthy would become **** (We never see a worthy one get infected in either sadly)
- Both wanted to lead their kind as a god (one for better the other for worse)
- Both experimented on people to ensure the virus would work
- Both died in an explosion

But if they were to fight each other. Alveus would end up winning.... obviously.

Any ways back to Marvel and the Resident Evil universe. It's funny because I think a Marvel vs Capcom movie would work very well. About a year ago I came up with a plot for 4 movies. In the first one I had this really cool scene early on in the movie where Bruce Banner was working for either Umbrella or Tri-Cell (Tri-cell makes more sense imho) and was trying to find a cure for himself. A B.S.A.A. squad led by Chris comes in to shut the facility down. Banner gets desperate and injects himself in the arm with a heavily modified formula that contains Uroboros. His arm begins to mutate and his body transforms into his Hulk state. His one arm is consumed by Uroboros up to his shoulder blade. His Hulk state is preventing him from being consumed by Uroboros keeping the virus in check, in turn this causes it so his body is permanently in Hulk state.

Top Bottom