• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you Thinking? Resident Evil Edition!

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Whoop. I got so used to watching the e2007 trailer I forgot it actually came out in 2009. I really liked how smooth the trailer looked.

And I utterly despise Uncharted. I used to like it for casual fun. But when you think about how much it's worth for a linear boring story it isn't worth $60. Let alone even the SP after UC2 us pretty god awful. And UC4 looks even worse. It's actually really pathetic at face value if you ask me. And you might think that this year is great, but nothing peaks my interest so it's another year of garbage to scroll around until I find a hidden gem or something.

No way. I don't see how it's funny. The game play is great, I love the stealth. Then again I do like Liner games a bit more. More story focused. RE is just as liner. UC4 is supposed to have a lot of open world segments, but each to their own I guess.

I'm pumped as hell for Mirror's Edge: Catalyst! But wait for E3. I get the feeling that this year is going to be a bombshell blow out with games that are going to make people go nuts! Hopefully we might even finally see some RE7 :3

And also... how can you not even in the slightest be excited for the new Zelda?

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
No way. I don't see how it's funny. The game play is great, I love the stealth. Then again I do like Liner games a bit more. More story focused. RE is just as liner. UC4 is supposed to have a lot of open world segments, but each to their own I guess.

I'm pumped as hell for Mirror's Edge: Catalyst! But wait for E3. I get the feeling that this year is going to be a bombshell blow out with games that are going to make people go nuts! Hopefully we might even finally see some RE7 :3

And also... how can you not even in the slightest be excited for the new Zelda?
I said Ignoring Nintendo games. I adore those things that everything else comes off as disappointing. More so than the previous years. I have VERY low expectations just because The games from 2010 and onwards have sucked MAJOR ass. But RE makes up for it in fun and balanced Mechanics. Can't say that for Uncharted.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I said Ignoring Nintendo games. I adore those things that everything else comes off as disappointing. More so than the previous years. I have VERY low expectations just because The games from 2010 and onwards have sucked MAJOR ass. But RE makes up for it in fun and balanced Mechanics. Can't say that for Uncharted.

You're right you did say that. I apologise. This generation of consoles has been a little weak. It doesn't help that the PS4 and Xbox One used outdated hardware on day one. The Jaguar chipset was midrange laptops. One can argue that a console can juice out more power than a PC with equal specs since they aren't bottlenecked by OS's that drain them. Of course by that time PC is already light years ahead. There has been 2 exceptions of this that I know of. The 360 used a tri-core processor which actually out performed PC at the time... for a couple months only, and this was due to availability. Microsoft also took a heavy hit. I believe the N64 also had an edge for a little bit. I could be wrong on this though.

Either way. This will be hell of a year for Nintendo fans. I get the feeling that the NX is going to be amazing. If what these so called "leakers" are claiming it to be... yeah... If it's using Polaris. That's some funny **** right there. That's got to be a joke. That's got to be a ****ing joke.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
You're right you did say that. I apologise. This generation of consoles has been a little weak. It doesn't help that the PS4 and Xbox One used outdated hardware on day one. The Jaguar chipset was midrange laptops. One can argue that a console can juice out more power than a PC with equal specs since they aren't bottlenecked by OS's that drain them. Of course by that time PC is already light years ahead. There has been 2 exceptions of this that I know of. The 360 used a tri-core processor which actually out performed PC at the time... for a couple months only, and this was due to availability. Microsoft also took a heavy hit. I believe the N64 also had an edge for a little bit. I could be wrong on this though.

Either way. This will be hell of a year for Nintendo fans. I get the feeling that the NX is going to be amazing. If what these so called "leakers" are claiming it to be... yeah... If it's using Polaris. That's some funny **** right there. That's got to be a joke. That's got to be a ****ing joke.
Who knows. Nintendo is kinda odd for decisions. But that's not really a bad thing in my eyes.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Ahhh I love fan mods.

i_have_to_face__the_truth_____chris_redfield__by_kingofshadows26-d8bj3vz_zps8wkth8jo.jpg

I know this one too! It's a mod for RE6 that puts Chris and Piers in black leather pants, removes their tops and gear and also gives Chris his old hairstyle back, just like in the picture. People really enjoy sexualising Chris via mods, but then again, so do the developers. The Warrior, the Samurai (which I don't like as much, but still), the Sailor... what's next, a firefighter with half of his uniform burnt off? Or a sinful angel, complete with wings (and maybe even horns)? Leon seems to be Capcom's favourite character overall, but Chris is definitely their male sex symbol.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Of course not! I would feel like a paedophile if I ever found myself calling that sexy. And everything puppy-related is reserved for Piers anyway. Imagine Piers on a leash with puppy ears, like in those countless fanmade pictures I've seen...

(Okay, there it is. I'm not only a paedophile, I'm also into animals. Damn you, sexy Puppy Piers!)

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I know this one too! It's a mod for RE6 that puts Chris and Piers in black leather pants, removes their tops and gear and also gives Chris his old hairstyle back, just like in the picture. People really enjoy sexualising Chris via mods, but then again, so do the developers. The Warrior, the Samurai (which I don't like as much, but still), the Sailor... what's next, a firefighter with half of his uniform burnt off? Or a sinful angel, complete with wings (and maybe even horns)? Leon seems to be Capcom's favourite character overall, but Chris is definitely their male sex symbol.

I really like that picture of that mod because it has given me some fan fiction ideas. For the first time ever it makes me intrigued to do a crossover with the RE series and Silent Hill with Chris and his emotional breakdown.

Wow Katniss Nivans over here.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
I really like that picture of that mod because it has given me some fan fiction ideas. For the first time ever it makes me intrigued to do a crossover with the RE series and Silent Hill with Chris and his emotional breakdown.

Interesting idea. Speaking of RE and Silent Hill crossover. I had this idea for a fan fic with Claire and Harry trying to find the little girls. Leon and Cybil make an appearance but they end up riding off to the sunset.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium

Just wait a little longer and RE will do that for you with Chris...

CT: If you're not a fan of Ada yet, this little essay might change your opinion on her. I realised that she's the reason we're all still alive! Remember that fateful night in Raccoon City when she was smashed into Umbrella's self-destruct machine and apparently died due to her injuries and blood loss? Except she survived. But let's assume for a minute that she didn't, and look at the fatal chain reaction her death would have caused.

With Ada gone, Leon dies at the hands (or rather, the claws) of mutated Mister X because there's no one there to throw him the rocket launcher. Claire and Sherry are either killed in the destruction of the lab because Leon was too dead to get the train moving in time, or Claire manages to do so instead, just to be killed a few moments later by a mutated Sherry and her father because she was too busy to give the girl the antidote. The Birkin monsters are then annihilated in the explosion of the train.

But whatever the circumstances, Claire is dead in any case, so her infiltration of the European Umbrella facility and subsequent capture never happen and Chris has no reason to go to Rockfort Island and later the Antarctic. This in turn leads to one of two disastrous outcomes: Either Alexia becomes more and more powerful without anyone there to stop her until she eventually subdues the world, or Wesker does, without having to fear Chris coming after him because Chris never learns he's still alive. Needless to say, the world would be a pretty crappy place to live in if any of those two scenarios became reality.

But it was all prevented by Ada surviving to give Leon the rocket launcher and thus securing his and Claire's escape so Chris could stop Wesker and Alexia. In other words: Ada saved the world simply by being so incredibly persistent. Show a little gratitude!

Cheer

Kamen Rider
Just wait a little longer and RE will do that for you with Chris...

CT: If you're not a fan of Ada yet, this little essay might change your opinion on her. I realised that she's the reason we're all still alive! Remember that fateful night in Raccoon City when she was smashed into Umbrella's self-destruct machine and apparently died due to her injuries and blood loss? Except she survived. But let's assume for a minute that she didn't, and look at the fatal chain reaction her death would have caused.

With Ada gone, Leon dies at the hands (or rather, the claws) of mutated Mister X because there's no one there to throw him the rocket launcher. Claire and Sherry are either killed in the destruction of the lab because Leon was too dead to get the train moving in time, or Claire manages to do so instead, just to be killed a few moments later by a mutated Sherry and her father because she was too busy to give the girl the antidote. The Birkin monsters are then annihilated in the explosion of the train.

But whatever the circumstances, Claire is dead in any case, so her infiltration of the European Umbrella facility and subsequent capture never happen and Chris has no reason to go to Rockfort Island and later the Antarctic. This in turn leads to one of two disastrous outcomes: Either Alexia becomes more and more powerful without anyone there to stop her until she eventually subdues the world, or Wesker does, without having to fear Chris coming after him because Chris never learns he's still alive. Needless to say, the world would be a pretty crappy place to live in if any of those two scenarios became reality.

But it was all prevented by Ada surviving to give Leon the rocket launcher and thus securing his and Claire's escape so Chris could stop Wesker and Alexia. In other words: Ada saved the world simply by being so incredibly persistent. Show a little gratitude!

And Chris would've gone on a rampage while having a "Claire is not dead" episode.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I've never disliked Ada, she's my second favorite female of the series after Claire.

Interesting idea. Speaking of RE and Silent Hill crossover. I had this idea for a fan fic with Claire and Harry trying to find the little girls. Leon and Cybil make an appearance but they end up riding off to the sunset.

That sounds like a fun one! Haha

Mine wouldn't include SH characters though- this would solely be based on Chris' personal hell... And maybe Wesker's too. Heehee

Cheer

Kamen Rider
You know going back and playing RE2 and 3 i noticed something. Jill's Pockets are much bigger than Leon's and Claire's. i mean in RE2 the Machine gun, Minigun and the rocket launcher takes two slots. while in RE3 each of these weapons take one slot.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
You know going back and playing RE2 and 3 i noticed something. Jill's Pockets are much bigger than Leon's and Claire's. i mean in RE2 the Machine gun, Minigun and the rocket launcher takes two slots. while in RE3 each of these weapons take one slot.

You'd think Leon and Claire would have more space. I mean, Jill wore a tube top and a mini skirt! Where does she put all that stuff? xD

lorddemolatron

CP and BP fan forever
BadxZ7ECEAEcS2M.jpg

by accident found an twitter of social JP RE game on mobiles ( and i play this one really and know how to play it) and this photo just no, ended ROFL really.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Umbrella Corps Antarctic base revealed, and it's looking quite interesting.

"The nefarious legacy of Umbrella stretches back many decades, including the construction of a facility built in Antarctica in 1969. Flash forward to 1998, Umbrella’s Antarctic base suffers a full-blown t-virus outbreak and is permanently put out of commission by the actions of Claire and Chris Redfield. Though the facility was devastated by its self-destruct system, its snowy, multi-leveled carcass makes for a terrific battleground in the heated third-person shootouts of Umbrella Corps."

The trailer is quite good. Possibly the only good trailer for the game. A really neat intro.
It's still worth mentioning that the crawling around still looks fake as hell.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/timturi...tarctic-base-from-resident-evil-code-veronica

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
That level does look like fun.

They should have done something similar to Star Wars Battlefront, if they wanted to make a big shoot em' up game. Have the BSAA vs Umbrella corp. and be able to play as special characters (Chris/Jill/Claire/Barry/Leon/Wesker/Krauser/HUNK/ETC.) every so often.

They could also attach a big mercenaries mode as well.

She has a rudder and a lot of sails hidden in that bodice.

Top Bottom