• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you Thinking? Resident Evil Edition!

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
My impression was that he stayed to figure out the truth, take revenge on Alex and stop the evil she was doing, not necessarily to find Moira alive and leave the island happily ever after. He even acknowledged at the beginning of his third chapter that he couldn't save Moira, but would do everything in his power to save Christmas Girl. So I don't think he actually believed in Moira's survival until he met her. But of course, that wouldn't stop him from hoping nevertheless.

Very well put.

BeatTheGG

The true last hope.
I'm just thinking about what other puns Barry could come up with to follow each one of his comrades deaths. Instead of, "I hope this isn't Chris' blood!" he might have gone with, "Looks like they made Chris-cont out of em!"
Barry_Burton.jpg

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Except that Rebecca likes bad boys:suggestive: I do like the idea of Chris and Rebecca being in the next movie though. I wonder how Rebecca will look considering it's been 18 years since we've last seen her. Speaking of which, do we know when chronologically the next movie will be?

But Chris is a bad boy...
With his... his leather warrior outfit and tattoos... and drinking and smoking habits... short temper... trouble with authority, rock music loving ass!

Did anyone else get a little hot?

hotandbothered_zpsevxqz9wz.gif

Last edited:

RedPanda

4x the awesome
But Chris is a bad boy though...
With his... his leather warrior outfit and tattoos... and drinking and smoking habits... short temper... trouble with authority, rock music loving ass!

Did anyone else get a little hot?

hotandbothered_zpsevxqz9wz.gif

He may not be exactly cookie cutter but he is always trying to do what's best for everyone and... and not letting anyone get in his way... and he did have a bit of a bad streak... Darn it now I want Chris and Rebecca to hook up. Why'd you do that to me?!

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Well, Billy is the same if you look at him that way. He's a good guy too, but everyone sees him as a "bad boy" because he was blamed for the killing of the 20-something innocent people he was actually trying to protect.

I've always liked Chris and Rebecca as a pairing, though. Chamberfield will never beat Weskerfield or Nivanfield for me, but back in the day when I switched from Super Mario to Resident Evil, I totally expected Rebecca to pull a Princess Peach and reward Chris in her own special way for saving her from a hunter. (And more often than not, I imagined myself in Rebecca's place...) It gets even better in the REmake where his hands are all over her all the time.

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
Why is everyone always so obsessed with fictional video game characters that never care about romance onscreen hooking up with someone?

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Well, Billy is the same if you look at him that way. He's a good guy too, but everyone sees him as a "bad boy" because he was blamed for the killing of the 20-something innocent people he was actually trying to protect.

I've always liked Chris and Rebecca as a pairing, though. Chamberfield will never beat Weskerfield or Nivanfield for me, but back in the day when I switched from Super Mario to Resident Evil, I totally expected Rebecca to pull a Princess Peach and reward Chris in her own special way for saving her from a hunter. (And more often than not, I imagined myself in Rebecca's place...) It gets even better in the REmake where his hands are all over her all the time.

Oh Wesker and Chris will always be my OTP too, nobody or amount of logic could ever trump them because it's there. ;)

I just randomly thought that Rebecca and Chris could be kind of cute, seeing as there is a history between those two and they may be meeting again for some more fun times. :p

Why is everyone always so obsessed with fictional video game characters that never care about romance onscreen hooking up with someone?

Because every (good) story has some romance to it... Love makes the world go round. I like Barry White as much as Barry Burton. Blah, blah, blah.

Though I will say that I'm not into the random pairings; there needs to be some logic/concept to it for me to support it.

RE is sort of the only series that I even do this with and that's because the lack of depth for its characters leaves me to desire a lot more. But it also leaves a lot of room for the imagination and thus there are many pairings and fan perspectives on the personal lives of the RE characters.

Last edited:

RedPanda

4x the awesome
Oh Wesker and Chris will always be my OTP too, nobody or amount of logic could ever trump them because it's there. ;)

I just randomly thought that Rebecca and Chris could be kind of cute, seeing as there is a history between those two and they may be meeting again for some more fun times. :p

Because every (good) story has some romance to it... Love makes the world go round. I like Barry White as much as Barry Burton. Blah, blah, blah.

Though I will say that I'm not into the random pairings; there needs to be some logic/concept to it for me to support it.

RE is sort of the only series that I even do this with and that's because the lack of depth for its characters leaves me to desire a lot more. But it also leaves a lot of room for the imagination and thus there are many pairings and fan perspectives on the personal lives of the RE characters.
I actually love that they do this with RE, and it's why I doubt we'll ever get a confirmed romance with the main characters unless maybe it's near the end of the series or something. It seems like they intentionally put little things here and there to suggest certain pairings without ever doing anything too blatant or suggestive. It allows the fans to imagine who they want with whomever they want, and I think it's cool that it is that way.

As for why fans would want to see fictional characters hook up, it's the same reason why we get teary-eyed when characters die or feel a sense of pride when something goes right for them. The characters may be fictional, but we care for them anyway, and with RE being such a long-standing series, a lot of people have grown up with these characters and can think of them almost as close friends (now as for why anyone would ship Wesker and Chris, I got nothing there).

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
For me to like a pairing there needs to be logic as well. Pairings like Leon and Claire drive me crazy. There was never any indication of anything between them. They're friends, and I love their friendship.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
Villains need loving too..?
Nurse_zpss0so50ll.png
I like that that's what you got out of that post... but anyway,
For me to like a pairing there needs to be logic as well. Pairings like Leon and Claire drive me crazy. There was never any indication of anything between them. They're friends, and I love their friendship.
that's part of the reason why I don't ship anybody with anybody. Realistically I don't see these people having time for relationships and I think they wouldn't want to risk something they know could easily end up hurting them and those around them given the fact that any of these characters could really die at any minute. Though I do thoroughly enjoy watching others adamantly defend their ships, I don't really agree with any myself.

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
I actually love that they do this with RE, and it's why I doubt we'll ever get a confirmed romance with the main characters unless maybe it's near the end of the series or something. It seems like they intentionally put little things here and there to suggest certain pairings without ever doing anything too blatant or suggestive. It allows the fans to imagine who they want with whomever they want, and I think it's cool that it is that way.

As for why fans would want to see fictional characters hook up, it's the same reason why we get teary-eyed when characters die or feel a sense of pride when something goes right for them. The characters may be fictional, but we care for them anyway, and with RE being such a long-standing series, a lot of people have grown up with these characters and can think of them almost as close friends (now as for why anyone would ship Wesker and Chris, I got nothing there).

I am not against shipping per se, god knows I am actually shipping quite a few fictional characters myself very hard in TV, movies and comic books. But for me there needs to be a precedent there or an idea that is actually plausible and not just some out of the blue fan-dream.

For example I DO ship Leon and Ada very much because they have been clearly shown to have feelings for each other. You feel it between them, its there on the screen and it makes sense. Thats why I said I don´t understand the need of romance between characters who never had any interest in romance on screen before. Like why would anyone want to have Wesker to have a romance? Thats like wanting to have Voldemort or Darth Sidious to have a romance. That´s just plan weird and makes no sense whatsover to me beyond only a basic "he is my fav character and thats why I want him to love someone" thing. maybe I am just not hopelessly romantic enough to understand that logic or need and just have no desire to suddenly turn RE into a weird soap opera. I certainly never want to see an Albert Wesker, who is in love. I mean please.

I also like that RE only gives certain glimpses into the relationships and feelings of their characters which gives fans the oppertunity to interpret things in different ways instead of spelling it out for them word by word. But at the end of the day a series like Resident Evil isn´t about romance or who hooks up with who. Its a series about humanity, strength of character, survival, heroism, friendship and kicking the **** out of very evil things (and a-holes) in a most spectacular fashion.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I like that that's what you got out of that post...

No that's not all I took away from your post- I agree with you most certainly because you essentially elaborated more on what I said.

I am not against shipping per se, god knows I am actually shipping quite a few fictional characters myself very hard in TV, movies and comic books. But for me there needs to be a precedent there or an idea that is actually plausible and not just some out of the blue fan-dream.

For example I DO ship Leon and Ada very much because they have been clearly shown to have feelings for each other. You feel it between them, its there on the screen and it makes sense. Thats why I said I don´t understand the need of romance between characters who never had any interest in romance on screen before. Like why would anyone want to have Wesker to have a romance? Thats like wanting to have Voldemort or Darth Sidious to have a romance. That´s just plan weird and makes no sense whatsover to me beyond only a basic "he is my fav character and thats why I want him to love someone" thing. maybe I am just not hopelessly romantic enough to understand that logic or need and just have no desire to suddenly turn RE into a weird soap opera. I certainly never want to see an Albert Wesker, who is in love. I mean please.

I also like that RE only gives certain glimpses into the relationships and feelings of their characters which gives fans the oppertunity to interpret things in different ways instead of spelling it out for them word by word. But at the end of the day a series like Resident Evil isn´t about romance or who hooks up with who. Its a series about humanity, strength of character, survival, heroism, friendship and kicking the **** out of very evil things (and a-holes) in a most spectacular fashion.

I was being facetious when I said Wesker needs loving too...

Since you all were asking, it has nothing to do with "oh Wesker needs a boyfriend/girlfriend" and has everything to do with Wesker being selfish and only attending to his own needs and desires. He is a psychopath and, among everything else that he has done, the act of rape is something that I wouldn't put past him. He get's off on getting under Chris' skin and the idea that he would want to dominate and humiliate Chris in various ways is honestly not so implausible- despite how we all may feel about it.

I think a lot of Wesker/Chris fans like to speculate that the two at least had a heated moment together back in the S.T.A.R.S. days, thus creating the idea that Chris is like ' a put out woman' who secretly wants it just as badly... Yeah.

I suddenly feel the need to post this song after explaining all that.

Last edited:

RedPanda

4x the awesome
No that's not all I took away from your post- I agree with you most certainly because you essentially elaborated more on what I said.

I was being facetious when I said Wesker needs loving too...

Since you all were asking, it has nothing to do with "oh Wesker needs a boyfriend/girlfriend" and has everything to do with Wesker being selfish and only attending to his own needs and desires. He is a psychopath and, among everything else that he has done, the act of rape is something that I wouldn't put past him. He get's off on getting under Chris' skin and the idea that he would want to dominate and humiliate Chris in various ways is honestly not so implausible- despite how we all may feel about it.

I think a lot of Wesker/Chris fans like to speculate that the two at least had a heated moment together back in the S.T.A.R.S. days, thus creating the idea that Chris is like ' a put out woman' who secretly wants it just as badly... Yeah.

I suddenly feel the need to post this song after explaining all that.

Oh I know you got more out of it. I was just teasing. I guess your explanation of the whole Chris and Wesker thing makes more sense than anything else I've heard, but if that's the case I don't really get why people would enjoy that. Oh well, it's all over my head anyway.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I agree with bSTAR 100%. That's also how I interpret their relationship. The idea of Chris and Wesker snuggling on the beach and whispering sweet love confessions while they're watching the sunset is just laughable, and I don't think that's what most people think of when they ship Weskerfield. But Wesker "raping" Chris and Chris secretly enjoying it (you know, it's not actually rape when everyone involved wants it), well, that's another story...

By the way, there's a really good (and long) fanfic that describes their relationship in a way I can totally imagine it. (Well, without the rape, but the emotional abuse is still there.) It takes place before, during and after the mansion incident, and I'm sure bSTAR and other Weskerfield shippers might enjoy it just as much as I did. Careful, though, as there is obviously some adult content:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5641848/1/State-of-Flux

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
But Wesker "raping" Chris and Chris secretly enjoying it (you know, it's not actually rape when everyone involved wants it), well, that's another story...

I know this is a VERY delicate subject matter but as someone who despises rape beyond anything and is close to people who actually had to experience that horror, that mere idea is just extremely sickening to me and makes me want to vomit. It certainly has NO PLACE in Resident evil or anything I love for me. That mere notion that Chris would enjoy being raped or even abused by Wesker because he has some weird fetish for him going on, honestly is just really freaking sick ****.

I know a lot of people here will have it in for me now and will come after me with a whole arsenal of pitchforks but I don´t care. I have zero tolerance for stuff like this.

Sue me.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
That mere notion that Chris would enjoy being raped or even abused by Wesker because he has some weird fetish for him going on, honestly is just really freaking sick ****.

This is not about a weird fetish for being abused, it's about Chris secretly wanting Wesker, but refusing to admit it. That's why I wrote "rape" in quotation marks. But I will neither sue nor attack you with a farming tool for not agreeing with me, so it's all good.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I know this is a VERY delicate subject matter but as someone who despises rape beyond anything and is close to people who actually had to experience that horror, that mere idea is just extremely sickening to me and makes me want to vomit. It certainly has NO PLACE in Resident evil or anything I love for me. That mere notion that Chris would enjoy being raped or even abused by Wesker because he has some weird fetish for him going on, honestly is just really freaking sick ****.

I know a lot of people here will have it in for me now and will come after me with a whole arsenal of pitchforks but I don´t care. I have zero tolerance for stuff like this.

Sue me.

I actually completely understand and respect your views. Next to murder I think rape is the worst crime someone can commit.

I personally enjoy a good dark, psychologically twisted story that deals with real life issues and situations.... And well, this pairing is all of those things.

That all being said- the fanfic that @Hel shared is essentially how most fans see/write the two. In that fanfic they both use one another for sex- of course this is all going on without anyone in STARS knowing. Chris has more feelings invested since Wesker is the only dude he has ever done this with, while Wesker is that selfish, rich, mysterious, but yet jealous f***boy who keeps Chris on a short leash.
It's actually really well written and one of the best fics around for this ship.

Anything that takes place after STARS is Wesker messing with Chris' head and emotions though. I think most fans enjoy seeing the two personalities mix and clash because Chris and Wesker are polar opposites...

Last edited:
Reactions: Hel

Cheer

Kamen Rider
Anyone else beside me see the thing with Chris and Jill is repetitive and redundant.

In Jill's Epilogue (Resident Evil 3) it says that Jill was searching for Chris.
In Resident Evil 5 Chris is searching for Jill.
In Resident Evil Revelations 1. in the beginning of the game Jill is searching for Chris. and then later on in the game Chris goes and search for Jill.

Top Bottom