• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you Thinking? Resident Evil Edition!

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I hate it so much when people in 5 Versus just stand there and don't actually play. I play Team Slayers a lot (that's what I'm best at) and I've had a few people just stand there or walk around without even trying. Grr.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
Umbrella Corp...now in the vape business with newly redesigned logo

PB4s4A8.jpg

Seth Nix

Albert and Alex are two of the thirteen Wesker children, clones if I'm not mistaken, of the Wesker Project. So yeah, I'm mean technically they are. They were the only two to survive, 12 and 13, but Albert got the beneficial traits of the experiment as where Alex didn't. That's about all I know as far they're origins.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Albert and Alex are two of the thirteen Wesker children, clones if I'm not mistaken, of the Wesker Project. So yeah, I'm mean technically they are. They were the only two to survive, 12 and 13, but Albert got the beneficial traits of the experiment as where Alex didn't. That's about all I know as far they're origins.

Yeah, it was just a little theory that's most likely not true.

Airaku

Stray Jedi

No. None of the Wesker children are clones. They were taken as babies from parents where both the mother and the father had extremely high IQ. They were put through the best of the best education and good lives, but they were observed by Spencer and the Umbrella higher ups "Truman Show" style. A little fun fact is that the scientist behind the project was named "Wesker". Which is why it's called the Wesker Project. It was of course under Spencer's orders.

There is no evidence that all the Wesker's were bad. In fact it was highly unlikely that many of them were bad, or had bad intentions. Albert questioned Spencer's intentions in the 70's. While he never cared for his test subjects or felt any sympathy for humanity. He still questioned. He may or may not have become corrupt until the 90's. After all he fell in love and there was a note in "RE6" from Jake's mother that said that he wasn't a bad guy and that he should forgive him. He went on to lead S.T.A.R.S. after realising he couldn't keep up with William after part way into the G-Virus development. He came to realise his own limitations. Perhaps this is why he seemed to rely on Tri-Cell to complete Uroboros. He planned his coup against Umbrella and faked his death in 1996. After he learned about Project W. RE5 suggested that he was still trying to find the truth about it. The final document in the main game was signed by Alex Wesker and it showed the report of his death. We know now that they knew each other and had some form of contact, but it's very possible that Albert himself did not know that Alex was a Wesker. Where as Alex basically knew everything there was to know about Albert. She is very... observant and knows a lot of things.

Wesker Report II: http://residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/Wesker's_Report_II
I highly suggest you read that if you want to understand Albert Wesker's character from his point of view. A very good read that I believe is essential to the story of the series.

As for Alex Wesker. I'm not sure if there was ever good in her. She's the very definition of evil. What she did to manipulate that Island. To it's inhabitants. She even basically admitted to torturing for pleasure. Some of the afflicted even had faces that were peeled off and sewed to their stomachs. Some real nasty and ****ed up ****. I haven't started reading Heavenly Island yet, but I should get around to doing that in the future. I'm waiting for more of them to come out. It goes into her character and her Island in South America before she betrayed Spencer. Who she plotted against all along. Her story is just getting started and there is a lot of development going on. It's unknown if she'll be in RE7, we'll know in the future. If not, she'll likely have a mention of some sort. She will be back and I think she'll hit hard. Possibly causing more damage than anyone else. She's smart, and she actually takes joy in everything. She basically spoke as if she's going to spread fear just for fun. Now that she found the means to immortality. Which was her main goal. It doesn't seem like she has a motive like Spencer, Simmons, or even Albert did. She just seems to want to see the pain and suffering. Place herself as a god that is actually scary. Who knows, she may even place herself in a god like position where the world knows her and fears her. She'll be a real pain in the ass for our heroes. I'm curious if she'll kill off a main cast member. Something to actually give people a reason to hate her rather than like her like people liked Albert Wesker, despite his actions. Plot armor already started to break with her, something that we haven't seen in past games.

I think that RE7 might focus on Shenya Pharmaceuticals.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
Capcom should really stop listening to their fans. If they do we'll end up having at least 2 remasters/remakes of every main series and spinoff title in RE before the next new game comes out. Just make 7 already.

And for the fans, chill out. They're doing what they can, but it's impossible to please their fanbase if everyone wants something different for the series, most of which either wouldn't work out nearly as well as in your head, or just wouldn't even be possible. They can't recreate the feeling that the old games gave you because as much of that is nostalgia as it is quality gamemaking. I mean, when people saw that 5 didn't live up to the faultless image they had of 4, they used Capcom as a scapegoat, claiming that if they hadn't gotten rid of Shinji Mikami, things would have been better, but even when Mikami did have a chance to make a "proper" 4 follow up with Evil Within, it wasn't half the game that we see 4 as, and plenty of people were disappointed with it. If you hold Capcom to impossible standards, then they're going to fail no matter what they do.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
@black 93 has pointed out something really interesting in the What are your thoughts on RE7 so far?

I am not sure if its intentional or not but there is a pattern in the styles of the 10 main games. If we looked at the pattern i believe that the 4 main games that will come after RE7 will be in First Person View.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
People confuse me. They get mad if the main character is a new character, yet they want characters that've been in one game to come back like they're an old character. Why do people like new characters only when an older character is in the game too? Do they not realize every character in the series was once a new character? People were asking for a character that had no experience and now that it's announced that the main character of 7 has no experience, they're complaining.

Last edited:

Cheer

Kamen Rider
People confuse me. They get mad if the main character is a new character, yet they want characters that've been in one game to come back like they're an old character. Why do people like new characters only when an older character is in the game too? Do they not realize every character in the series was once a new character? People were asking for a character that had no experience and now that it's announced that the main character of 7 has no experience, they're complaining.

Its because most of the gamers don't really know what they want and they are bored. Others just love to complain for the sake of complaining.

lorddemolatron

CP and BP fan forever
Well finally can complain on how PC port of RE Revelations 2 is unstable as now i have very persistent blackscreen error and nothing i tried from fixes works on this and actually thinking on refunding the game if nothing will be done on matter of this

Lithium

Home from a nice holiday trip, finally want to download and play the RE7-Demo. And my PS4 decides to hate my Wi-Fi again - after a month of working just fine. Oh hell...

lorddemolatron

CP and BP fan forever
Now myself im swearing but i need to lay off sometimes from RE series, maybe all would ask why but maybe thats mine crazy life that i can sometimes see real life people who sometimes resembles RE chars on streets when im outside.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I can never decide what guns I want in RE5. I have infinite ammo for all of them so it makes it even harder. Which machine gun do I want? Which sniper rifle? Hmm...

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member

Some of us never really wanted a new character as the main character...

I get what you are saying though as I'm sure there are fans who wanted a new character for the series (and or a reboot all together) and are now b*tching about what has been shown so far. Everyone is asking for different things, and some don't even know what they really want or like but throw suggestions and demands out there anyway. Hence why Capcom needs to focus on where they want things to go with the series instead. You can't please everyone and thus they need to do what makes them happy (other than simply doing things to make money).

That all being said, I think they were pretty close with pleasing a lot of fans with Revelations 2 and now they have completely strayed away from that game... once again trying to take a completely different route to go along with the bandwagon of people trying to achieve what P.T. established in only an hour worth of gameplay.
P.T. was groundbreaking and it is understandable why they are inspired by it, however certain features work better for P.T. because Silent Hill is a whole different horror concept with intricate storytelling.

I think a lot of people are beginning to see how the "original" characters are what make this series stand out against any other general zombie game. It is not like Left 4 Dead where they take a random group of people and throw them against the zombie apocalypse. The main series has always had something to do with characters like Chris, Jill, and Leon fighting against bioterrorism.

I'm not completely against having a new playable character, but we are 7 games deep now into the main series, so yes, I think that the main cast should be featured in this game at some point and in some way. Capcom needs to focus on what they have already established so far and make it all come together. That all said, there is still a chance that Capcom can blow us all away with this new game and tie it in nicely with the main series story arc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom