• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you Thinking? Resident Evil Edition!

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
That must be the reason they left Jill out of RE6. Because Chris's was already enough of a stew, it couldn't handle yet another episode of "Where is Jill?"...

But history repeats itself quite often in RE. Take Claire, example: She never goes on a mission like the other characters, but always gets kidnapped or otherwise unwillingly mixed up in things. (Code Veronica seems to be an aversion at first, until you remember she was only planning to to infiltrate Umbrella's European headquarters, not Rockfort Island.) Also, she is always partnered with a younger character she has to look after (Sherry, Steve, Rani, Moira), and her friends have a habit of turning into monsters or at least get infected with something (Sherry, Steve, and everyone else from TerraSave). It must run in the Redfield family!

Cheer

Kamen Rider
That must be the reason they left Jill out of RE6. Because Chris's was already enough of a stew, it couldn't handle yet another episode of "Where is Jill?"...

Well about that there is something i've noticed and already pointed out in a previous post in this thread. By looking at the games Jill and Leon appeared in we can see some sort of a pattern.

Leon: RE 2,4,6
Jill: RE 1,3,5

But history repeats itself quite often in RE. Take Claire, example: She never goes on a mission like the other characters, but always gets kidnapped or otherwise unwillingly mixed up in things. (Code Veronica seems to be an aversion at first, until you remember she was only planning to to infiltrate Umbrella's European headquarters, not Rockfort Island.) Also, she is always partnered with a younger character she has to look after (Sherry, Steve, Rani, Moira), and her friends have a habit of turning into monsters or at least get infected with something (Sherry, Steve, and everyone else from TerraSave). It must run in the Redfield family!

Yeah it makes me think that the Redfield family are cursed or something.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
I guess I just don't see that playing into Chris or Wesker's characters at all, though it is certainly interesting to learn more of the culture surrounding the pairing. But to each his own and all that.

I know it's ridiculous that Claire gets kidnapped or wrong-place-wrong-timed all the time, but I like it because she doesn't want to be on the front lines, so the only way we can sensibly play as her (in a horror setting at least) is to have her do one of those two things. Don't get me wrong, it sucks for her, but the selfishness in me approves wholeheartedly.

e_etu

Soram ~
thinking to buy on next month Re zero and Remake cuz i got Gamecube but i am afraid that controllers are really hard to learn like in Re2 so will probably lose my interest to those games soon.. :D

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
You know, people always complained about quick-time events, and then didn't even notice that there weren't any in Revelations 1 or 2.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
CT: I gave RE5 another chance. For those who missed my last post on the subject: I love RE5, but I have a very hard time getting back into it now that I've been spoiled by the new controls with handy dodge mechanics and the ability to move while shooting. I've completed the second chapter now and I'm slowly getting used to it again. Yay! Can't wait to unlock the new content that was recently ported to the PC version.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
The enemies in Resident Evil 4 sounded hilarious back before I knew Spanish. I heard stuff like "ALPHAGETTIS!", "Move your SUV... move your SUV..." "OREGANO!" and some other things.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I know this is only rumor and speculation.... but it sounds like RE7 will be using UE4, and look stunning. Something that's been oddly missing this gen on consoles. Very few games use it. If this is true... Hello Xbox, I have some bad some bad news for you :/

Again this is just speculation but if its true... I'd imagine there will be some very ****ed off people.

EDIT: I should probably add this http://segmentnext.com/2015/10/09/e...opment-using-unreal-engine-4-resident-evil-7/

It's funny how times change and flip on it's head. Eastern games hardly ever used UE3 and almost all the Western games did. Now hardly any Western game is and the Eastern market is looking to be UE4's biggest market :/

If we assume for one moment, that all rumors surrounding UE4 support are true, even for a second. Epic Games is going to have a very good year a head of it. They are already probably celebrating.

Last edited:

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
ridiculouscostumel0s2i.jpg

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
When you're excited for the Re-release of a 2007 game. You know the market is garbage.

Seriously. Ignoring Nintendo titles I ONLY want RE5 for the whole year.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member

When I said I wanted a shirtless Chris costume, I really only meant a Commando esque look; army pants hanging off the hips and no shirt. But Wesker's Pet is fine too.

Fairytale Sheva is my favorite costume design for her and then tribal Sheva.

Reactions: Hel

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
For me it's Fairy Tale > Tribal > Default > Drag Queen > Hunnigan, and for Chris STARS > Default > Wesker's Slave > Heavy Metal > Zebra (seriously, what the hell were they thinking with that last one?). However the Slave costume would rank higher if it came with his normal hairstyle and tighter pants. Maybe I'll find a good mod.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
STARS > LIN BSAA > Slave> Heavy Metal > Default > Zebra

I usually equip the Wesker's Slave costume all the time for obvious reasons. The STARS costume is definitely my favorite too though. I have this thing against wearing super tight shirts- mostly because I sweat like a hormonal teenager if and when I do wear them (sexy I know)... so yeah his default costume falls towards the end of my list. Clearly the Zebra outfit is crap though; I've never even played with it. The Heavy Metal one reminds me of the uniforms the marines wear in the movie Aliens so it holds a bettler place on my list.

I completely agree with you on Sheva's lineup.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Well, yes, tight shirts can be uncomfortable for many reasons, but I think it still looks nice on Chris. (And it's Africa, he's probably sweating like crazy anyway, even if we don't see it.) Speaking of the Zebra on the other hand, a quick look into the modding corner has brought me this:

sexysafarip7sg8.jpg

Incredible what a few little changes can do to a crappy costume, isn't it? Also, am I the only one who thinks that the shades make his face incredibly cute, especially in this shot?

sexysafaricuteface45swn.jpg

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Ahhh I love fan mods.

i_have_to_face__the_truth_____chris_redfield__by_kingofshadows26-d8bj3vz_zps8wkth8jo.jpg

I would not be apposed to Capcom giving him this haircut for his next big appearance... maybe with a slightly thicker beard. :nom:

chris_redfield_by_me4fan-d7sgssh_zpsc1olmg7c.png

Airaku

Stray Jedi
When you're excited for the Re-release of a 2007 game. You know the market is garbage.

Seriously. Ignoring Nintendo titles I ONLY want RE5 for the whole year.

What 2007 game? RE5 was 2009. Also you're not excited for Uncharted 4? =O I'm shocked.

This year is going to be GREAT for games. You know it!

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
What 2007 game? RE5 was 2009. Also you're not excited for Uncharted 4? =O I'm shocked.

This year is going to be GREAT for games. You know it!

Whoop. I got so used to watching the e2007 trailer I forgot it actually came out in 2009. I really liked how smooth the trailer looked.

And I utterly despise Uncharted. I used to like it for casual fun. But when you think about how much it's worth for a linear boring story it isn't worth $60. Let alone even the SP after UC2 us pretty god awful. And UC4 looks even worse. It's actually really pathetic at face value if you ask me. And you might think that this year is great, but nothing peaks my interest so it's another year of garbage to scroll around until I find a hidden gem or something.

Top Bottom