• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Resident evil 6 complaint thread.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
at least re orc's cover system was less frustrating.

actually, after figuring out how to use the cover system in RE6. i don't find it complicated when i first tried it out (the cover system in RE6); only found the cover system useful; during Jake's and Chris's campain :)

Frenchman

yeah the cover mapping to the aim button is stupid. And the way the characters cover on a wall, when they pop out they show their entire body. So its more effective to just aim and squeeze the tip of your gun around the corner, hardly showing any of your body. But due to the fact LT activates cover, when u come near the wall to get a tight shot it covers u in and then your whole body sticks out.
And the cover system on sandbags is even worse.

I agree with this. And I use the same technique as yours to shoot while staying covered.
I saw the difference with the game "L.A. Noire" in which what we are complaining about here is corrected.

killstreaker

enemies don't pause during cut scenes. They just line up to get a free hit as it ends. Also, what's up with the chest punch to get fallen allies up?

Champloo

enemies don't pause during cut scenes. They just line up to get a free hit as it ends. Also, what's up with the chest punch to get fallen allies up?
I hate when that happens or when the camera forces itself to a door or point while enemies are attacking

Frenchman

I hate when I miss items boxes just after passing a door and can't make a U turn. The boxes are very strangely placed, you can't see them when you arrive, especially in narrow corridors (the camera is then a big problem for this).

Reactions: Jay

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I see RE7 may take place in Pakistan or some middle eastern country.
Hopefully they don't keep expanding the location, and make it a smaller area. Just because it's a later game doesn't mean we need to cross more ground. I mean a simple building would be cool. Maybe something Die Hard-like, but with zombies!

But yeah, now it seems like we have to gross the globe for it to be a new RE game, Europe, Africa, China, etc.What happened to city, Raccoon City.It blew up, but there's more where it came from.

Frenchman

I see RE7 may take place in Pakistan or some middle eastern country.

Scientifical experience in the desert, classical, but it would be not bad in a RE scenario. But I hope they wouldn't dare to put as ennemies "bad islamic terrorists" because it would be ridiculous. :D

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Scientifical experience in the desert, classical, but it would be not bad in a RE scenario. But I hope they wouldn't dare to put as ennemies "bad islamic terrorists" because it would be ridiculous. :D
If it takes place in the desert like that(which might be kind of reasonable, since the epilogue for Ada's File was Jake in what looked like pakistan or somewhere.

Desert though, think of the nuclear stuff that went on out there, especially like you see in The Hills Have Eyes, melon head and all those freaky looking mutated freaks. It could make for a cool game.

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
If it takes place in the desert like that(which might be kind of reasonable, since the epilogue for Ada's File was Jake in what looked like pakistan or somewhere.

Desert though, think of the nuclear stuff that went on out there, especially like you see in The Hills Have Eyes, melon head and all those freaky looking mutated freaks. It could make for a cool game.

It would be too similar a setting as RE5 i think. At least the start of RE5. I think the bit with Jake at the end in whatever country will be campaign DLC next year :D

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
It would be too similar a setting as RE5 i think. At least the start of RE5. I think the bit with Jake at the end in whatever country will be campaign DLC next year :D
I said somewhere else that I'd like to see Jill in maybe Egypt or somewhere, some pyramids, Jill could wear some something similar to like Lara Croft, it's be Tomb Raider meets RE. But hopefully still play like RE.

mumified zombies and nice puzzles, and what have you.

AtilaLopez

Nut3lla ^0^
Well there's been a lot of complaining about there being to much action... well I think Capcom should of made the rest of the campaigns those being Chris, Jake, and Ada into a half horror and half action?
Capcom was going to implement action no matter what why not do that? Make em all like Leon's campaign which was superior to the rest and Ada's being the weakest IMHO.
Stupid Capcom.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Chris' File definately had a lot more action than any of the others, but it was still hella fun. Quite possibly the most. I mean, I thought Chris kind of stole the show in RE6. Leon's File was super fun, loved having zombies, loved the city area you go into, all of it, except that stupid rope climb, and Simmons. Jake/Sherry was pretty cool too. They had a pursuer the whole time, much like a Jill/Nemesis RE3 type situation, and the fact that Jake and Sherry are the offspring of another duo from RE, Wesker/Birkin, makes it even cooler.

Ada's was pretty weak. It was cool just being her instead of forcing another partner on us. And she got a fair share of the zombies and the J'uavo, but her File wasn't quite as fun I guess.

AtilaLopez

Nut3lla ^0^
Chris' File definately had a lot more action than any of the others, but it was still hella fun. Quite possibly the most. I mean, I thought Chris kind of stole the show in RE6. Leon's File was super fun, loved having zombies, loved the city area you go into, all of it, except that stupid rope climb, and Simmons. Jake/Sherry was pretty cool too. They had a pursuer the whole time, much like a Jill/Nemesis RE3 type situation, and the fact that Jake and Sherry are the offspring of another duo from RE, Wesker/Birkin, makes it even cooler.

Ada's was pretty weak. It was cool just being her instead of forcing another partner on us. And she got a fair share of the zombies and the J'uavo, but her File wasn't quite as fun I guess.
I agree with Chris stealing the show but it's more like Piers :3 btw I found Jake's to be the funnest out of all campaigns but that's my opinion.
One other thing... The Carla boss was lame x)

Jay

K.I.N.G.
Hopefully they don't keep expanding the location, and make it a smaller area. Just because it's a later game doesn't mean we need to cross more ground. I mean a simple building would be cool. Maybe something Die Hard-like, but with zombies!

But yeah, now it seems like we have to gross the globe for it to be a new RE game, Europe, Africa, China, etc.What happened to city, Raccoon City.It blew up, but there's more where it came from.
I like how Capcom is taking the series to new places. It goes to show you outbreaks can happen in other places than the U.S. Long as they can keep the gameplay mixed with horror and action I'm good.

I said somewhere else that I'd like to see Jill in maybe Egypt or somewhere, some pyramids, Jill could wear some something similar to like Lara Croft, it's be Tomb Raider meets RE. But hopefully still play like RE.

mumified zombies and nice puzzles, and what have you.
Egypt is near Israel. Maybe that's the type of areas we may see in RE7.

Something tells me it won't be too far from that though we'll see.

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
LOL. It took me 15mn or more to understand how to push the buttons in order not to fall. I don't even think I got it, and I had to go and check on the internet to understand. Much time wasted here. :confused:

My pal was stuck on the rope climb for 10 solid minutes, he was RAGING down the headset. I've had no issues with it, neither has my other pal, we practically run up the ropes, it's a piece of cake.

AtilaLopez

Nut3lla ^0^
Hey! Wait! I gotta new complaint! Yay for Nirvana references. :cool:

Anyway, that complaint would be the inventory system. I think the inventory system was at it's best in RE4. I liked the case and the fact that there wasn't a set number of items you could carry. As long as you could fit it into your case, you can take it with you. And the ability to upgrade the case sizes throughout the game. Then along came RE5, sporting a pretty crappy inventory system. I will also say I do miss the old school style inventory system that was present from RE0 to CV.
Well to be honest the RE5 inventory system was about same, you had 9 slots and every one item took up one slot...
I preferred the RE5 over the RE4 inventory system just because it's like classic inventory and has limited space for items just like in the good old times :D btw the RE4 inventory system was... A bit ridiculous :p just imagine Leon actually walking around with that thing ^0^ still other then that the RE6 inventory system was the worst, just plain lame :/

Top Bottom