• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Resident evil 6 complaint thread.

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
I think the location has to do with the type of gameplay involved. In RE4, it was set remotely but you really spent ALL of your time in the one location. RE1 spent the entire game in the mansion, and the police station in RE2 was a huge maze that took most of your time to search through. I think if RE7 were to go back to the old style of searching and puzzles it would have to be in one location, but RE6's fast moving more linear style meant that they had to keep changing it up. It also allowed them to introduce the J'avo while still having classic zombies in the game. They couldn't have put them in the same place, but they obviously had this idea for a true military use of the virus and wanted to implement it without leaving zombies out of the game completely (because that would've been weird =p). I do agree I preferred having to look around a lot, and not jumping from one place to another, but I truly believe that they will start to fall back to this style in future games.

Also, I think that storyline wise it makes sense to move it to places like Africa, Spain, China, etc because for EVERYONE to be experimenting with new viruses in America.... well it would just be too obvious and no one would be able to follow through with their developments lol. Especially after the Raccoon City outbreak. So they have to take it to some remote location to do more research. Even RE Code Veronica was set in Europe.

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
I was thinking last night how much of a shame it is that RE6 seems like a downgrade in many ways:.

• RE5 would let co-op partners join in at any check point.
  • RE5 had 6 Mercs maps at the beginning (as unlockables).
  • RE5 had weapon customization--ability to switch those weapons between characters.
  • RE5 had unlockable costumes, weapons, etc. in the game.
  • RE5 had 4P online play (as DLC but within a month).
  • RE5 allowed partners to switch between items.
  • RE5 had unlimited stamina. I miss being able to perform an attack, depending on where I stood.
  • RE5 had a much more difficult professional mode.
  • RE5 had less QTEs, which I didn't think possible!
  • RE5 had check point saves.
There are even more, but that's what I got off the top of my head.

Now, upgrades...

• Walk & shoot (some don't like this though, and I don't particularly like the ducking and throw back systems--they're confusing, and I accidentally execute them too often in combat, when I panic).
  • Longer, better story.
  • Don't have to hold a button to run, sprinting.
  • Health tablet (I used to not like this change, but it's growing on me).
  • Less ammo and health (but more action).
  • Zombies! (but only in 1 1/2 campaigns...)
  • Skill system is kinda neat (though RE5 allowed infinite ammo on everything...).
  • 6-8P online play is coming someday.
I can't think of as many upgrades as I can downgrades, and that troubles me.

RE4 > RE5 > RE6. I hope the trend doesn't continue...

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
Don't treat opinion as scientific fact. ;) That order is solely how I rate the games in my universe. A few weeks ago, when I had just finished the game, I would have said RE6 is totally better than 5, but now that I see the game has very limited replay value, compared to 5, I would say 5 is a better game.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
I was thinking last night how much of a shame it is that RE6 seems like a downgrade in many ways:.

• RE5 would let co-op partners join in at any check point.
  • RE5 had 6 Mercs maps at the beginning (as unlockables).
  • RE5 had weapon customization--ability to switch those weapons between characters.
  • RE5 had unlockable costumes, weapons, etc. in the game.
  • RE5 had 4P online play (as DLC but within a month).
  • RE5 allowed partners to switch between items.
  • RE5 had unlimited stamina. I miss being able to perform an attack, depending on where I stood.
  • RE5 had a much more difficult professional mode.
  • RE5 had less QTEs, which I didn't think possible!
  • RE5 had check point saves.
There are even more, but that's what I got off the top of my head.

Now, upgrades...

• Walk & shoot (some don't like this though, and I don't particularly like the ducking and throw back systems--they're confusing, and I accidentally execute them too often in combat, when I panic).
  • Longer, better story.
  • Don't have to hold a button to run, sprinting.
  • Health tablet (I used to not like this change, but it's growing on me).
  • Less ammo and health (but more action).
  • Zombies! (but only in 1 1/2 campaigns...)
  • Skill system is kinda neat (though RE5 allowed infinite ammo on everything...).
  • 6-8P online play is coming someday.
I can't think of as many upgrades as I can downgrades, and that troubles me.

RE4 > RE5 > RE6. I hope the trend doesn't continue...
While your list is pretty much true

You have to give Capcom props for all the machanics in the game

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
Yeah, I appreciate that they tried a new-ish direction with new gimmicks, but I think they put too much effort into making the game long rather than making it good. My penis comment applies here, too. :p

scott1001001

The video/camera glitches in the Chris missions almost make this game unplayable. After 30 minutes my eyes are going crazy! :confused: While shooting, the character is switching camera angles so fast I am missing the target. You ever hold something up to someones face so close and ask them if they can see it? That is what I feel like is happening here.

I am playing the downloadable game on my PS3. I wonder if this is happening in all versions of the game? Like many of you, I have been a long time RE fan, but man...I am about to the end of me flipping tether with this game.

I am surprised they released the game in this condition. Other modern RE games, like 4 and 5 had most of the bugs worked out on release date. This game is a nightmare and not in a good way. I am thinking about just shelving it and checking back to see if/when they fix it.

The game is not all bad, but since this is the complaint thread...

Darkness

Infected
Oh this camera angles were mentioned, this reminds me of another complaint i had, especially prevalent in the J'avo heavy campaigns. I really hate the fact that the cover system automatically activates if you're aiming next to it. Too many times have i tried to go around the corner with a pistol drawn, only to get too close to it, and my character shoves up against a wall instead, which allows an opening for a melee J'avo to run around the corner and quickly get me while i try to break off of the wall. This ****es me off so much because i actually took the time to hear and anticipate the J'avo behind the wall, and try to turn the corner with my weapon drawn, only to be ****ed up by the cover system and get hit anyway.

Frenchman

The video/camera glitches in the Chris missions almost make this game unplayable. After 30 minutes my eyes are going crazy! :confused: While shooting, the character is switching camera angles so fast I am missing the target. You ever hold something up to someones face so close and ask them if they can see it? That is what I feel like is happening here.

Agree. And when you want to turn right or left while aiming, it is soooooooooo slow.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Oh this camera angles were mentioned, this reminds me of another complaint i had, especially prevalent in the J'avo heavy campaigns. I really hate the fact that the cover system automatically activates if you're aiming next to it. Too many times have i tried to go around the corner with a pistol drawn, only to get too close to it, and my character shoves up against a wall instead, which allows an opening for a melee J'avo to run around the corner and quickly get me while i try to break off of the wall. This ****es me off so much because i actually took the time to hear and anticipate the J'avo behind the wall, and try to turn the corner with my weapon drawn, only to be ****** up by the cover system and get hit anyway.
yeah the cover mapping to the aim button is stupid. And the way the characters cover on a wall, when they pop out they show their entire body. So its more effective to just aim and squeeze the tip of your gun around the corner, hardly showing any of your body. But due to the fact LT activates cover, when u come near the wall to get a tight shot it covers u in and then your whole body sticks out.
And the cover system on sandbags is even worse.

Darkness

Infected
Here's a complaint for you: snipers.

How many real opportunities are there to use them? Not very many. Most of the action you experience in the game is close-up, especially in mercenaries mode when you can get surrounded quickly. When i play a character on mercs with a sniper, sometimes i never use the sniper through the whole round. I have to be running around and can't have my vision blocked out by a black circle, or stand still for more than 2 seconds. There is quick-shotting, which works when your fighting an isolated enemy, but when you gotta be moving around fast, you don't want to have to wait there for the sniper to re-cock after each shot. Honestly, has anyone really ever considered buying the extra magnification for sniper perk? Who would ever need it? I can't remember a single point in the game when i thought "Gee, i sure wish my sniper could zoom in farther right now."

My solution: have a zoomed-out magnification like you're aiming a shot gun. Either use it to replace the initial zoomed-out mode, or just add it in there as your initial stance when aiming the weapon, and have the other two magnifications as well. Seriously, the way i use snipers right now is like a slower, less efficient version of a magnum.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
i really don't know, how i would go about this but; i just have some "things" (for a lack of a better wording to put it as)

-would of liked it if there where more skills to buy in Mercenaries, with this being said; would of been nice if the skills in the campain were also in Mercenaries. :oops:

-i've found it odd, that during the campain that "your partner" (A.I.) doesn't die and they won't run out of ammunition, would have made campain a bit more interesting if your partner (A.I.) also can die and can run out of ammunition :rolleyes: (the redeeming factor of this, is that your partner (A.I.) is actually in-the right frame of mind *very helpful* :) )

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Disagree entirely-in other action/fighting games u fight to survive from whatever opposition that game has to throw at u. The fact that resi 6 has bows is irrelevant. Survival horror is about low ammo, making that crucial decision whether to stand and fight or run and conserve ammo, having that constant feeling that u Are alone and always being afraid that death is round the next corner. Resi 6 has none of this-ammo is in thick supply, u always have help on hand and tbh I completed most of the campaigns without dying on all difficulty settings barring the toughest one. This is not survival horror-all u have is an action game with monsters. They r not sticking to their roots so this argument is not valid.

I have just seen Spyders comments above as well and whilst I agree they r doing nothing wrong in trying to gain new fans, after all u really like the game so they have succeeded, do not underestimate the number of us who think the series had got progressively worse since 4. Again I must stress that I am not saying the games r bad, they r just very average. This is the last resi game I will buy-this series now belongs to the newer fans who like the action in thick supply, loads of ammo so u don't have to worry about getting through it and ur routes to be VERY linear so u don't have to think about where ur going (lord forbid that sort of thing got in the way of all the action)
Sort of. Some of it is also based on how you play. I mean I always had low ammo on Chris' File in RE6. And I often ran around the hordes of zombies, like in the subway station and on the train tracks in Leon's File. Running around the enemies instead of sticking around to eliminate all of them is pretty classic RE as far as I'm concerned, just left over from my days of playing RE1 and others.

RE4 was awesome, definately doesn't warrant being called just some "action-shooter". It was plenty of horror. RE5 maybe strayed a little further. RE6 definately picked up on the horror aspect more, RE6 was kick ass. This is an RE6 Complaints thread, but this game deserves fewer complaints than a lot of Capcom's latest work, like RE5, UC, Degen, etc. DSC, RER and RE6 were amazing. As was Damnation. ORC....wow....awful.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
Lies.

However I wish Glamour could have used RE4 as an example instead of RE5.
Yeah, I know its lies. You don't have to reinstate that. Each RE entry has something they all do best which makes them unique. To say one is better than the other is just foolish. You either like the series or you don't.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Yeah, I know its lies. You don't have to reinstate that. Each RE entry has something they all do best which makes them unique. To say one is better than the other is just foolish. You either like the series or you don't.
Ecxept games in the franchise like, 5, gaiden, and gun survivor 2, sucked.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Ecxept games in the franchise like, 5, gaiden, and gun survivor 2, sucked.
RE5 was nice, but oh so dissapointing at the same time. Gaiden is pretty bad, I have it in my SP right now, and it's the only RE game I haven't completed. Other than Survivor 2, which is the only RE game I don't own.

ORC is probably one of my least fav's though. I've got my complaints about things like UC, RE5, Degeneration, etc, but imo ORC, while it's nice having zombies and crimson heads....the game was just so awful and ridiculous. It sounded so much better on paper, and if it had played like an RE game, and 90% of the game wasn't shoot-outs with spec ops, it might've been more enjoyable. Slap yourself Capcom.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
RE5 was great. If you didn't see that I don't know what to say.
Except the part where Chris is on steriods, Wesker was out of character, Sheva was one of the most annoying characters EVER, I would go on but I got to get off of here, I will probally come by and edit more later.

Top Bottom