• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Resident evil 6 complaint thread.

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
37162448.jpg

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
I hate to burst your bubble but RE was NEVER scary It was cheesy (But that's a good thing) Also I don't think horror makes up Re, B.O.W's do. They've been around forever so IMO THEY make RE, not Horror..

But did you notice how many people here like Re6? It's fun (100x better then RER) But meh everone has their own opinion

Yeah, I really liked RE6. I think it's a great game. I have to disagree though, I think RER is way better and more fun. I thought RE6 was a pretty awesome game on it's own, but a crap RE game. It has nothing to do with the horror, or the scariness, or the zombies either. It's the gameplay. RE5 surprised the hell out of me because it was the first RE game that you could pretty much finish without requiring the use of a map. RE6 totally disappointed me in this regard as well. I never played RE to run in a straight line forward for hours, I played RE because I enjoyed the exploratory gameplay and tense interspersed (but not overpowering) action. RE5 and 6 just lost the RE magic for me simply because they're so linear that they don't fit in with the rest of the series at all, and it wasn't much fun for me to play through because I'm just running down one seemingly endless hallway and killing things. That's in comparison to what I expect out of RE. As a linear shooter, it's definitely enjoyable.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Yeah, I really liked RE6. I think it's a great game. I have to disagree though, I think RER is way better and more fun. I thought RE6 was a pretty awesome game on it's own, but a crap RE game. It has nothing to do with the horror, or the scariness, or the zombies either. It's the gameplay. RE5 surprised the hell out of me because it was the first RE game that you could pretty much finish without requiring the use of a map. RE6 totally disappointed me in this regard as well. I never played RE to run in a straight line forward for hours, I played RE because I enjoyed the exploratory gameplay and tense interspersed (but not overpowering) action. RE5 and 6 just lost the RE magic for me simply because they're so linear that they don't fit in with the rest of the series at all, and it wasn't much fun for me to play through because I'm just running down one seemingly endless hallway and killing things. That's in comparison to what I expect out of RE. As a linear shooter, it's definitely enjoyable.
Meh. I guess I just dislike RER because It makes no sense Re6 made sense with Chris, Jake and Ada, (Confused why Leon's didn't) Also I highly dislike Jill she is VERY annoying I'll take Ashley any day. I will admit Raid Mode is fun but not to the extent that I like it more then Mercenaries ESPECIALLY Re6-No Mercy. Never Have I had so much fun in my life I think they should of focused on the story for Re6 and RER since both of them are out there.
But Whatever I'm done with Re after I get the PC version of both 6 and RER Then I guess I'll wait for Dying Light and Contagion those look promising

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
it seems, things have took an inter~esting turn of events! as of recent i've been able to enjoy RE6 Mercenaries [at a good amount, at that] the same way i am enjoying Revelation's Raid mode at at good "decent" amount. this said, On-slaught has somewhat a good decent....ness to it :oops:

finding myself switching in between RE6 and Revelations as of. and slowly giving RE5 a chance at that too.

" not the best...not the worst, but *they* are okay "

:cool:

potato

Even though Leon's scenario kinda suck, it starts getting better with Chris.

Leon's Scenario is similar to RE1 & RE2
Chris Scenario is similar to RE5
Jake's Scenario is similar to Lost Nightmare & RE3
Haven't played Ada's, I'm guessing RE4

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
huh inter~esting, when i went back to RE6's On-slaught....the wait for someone to join my session is rather taking a long while or no-one showing up, the only reason i can conclude to, is Revelations.....

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Nashtalia hardly anyone plays Onslaught, you sometimes get more people playing 'ranked', but I know there never used to be many on it. Its quite hard core mode only a few highly skilled players seemed to play it.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
it seems what you say, even at a ranked session....the wait is just a long process and or no-one showing up.

As ranked, is my usual

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Yeah I 've not played it for ages, but when it first came out it was only a small group of hardcore type players playing it. If i'm on sometime i'll give you a game or two.

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
Yeah Onslaught is my favourite mode, but I didn't play it very often because there was never anyone on and I didn't like waiting around just to play one game before the other person leaves lol. Lots of people playing Survivors, but Onslaught was waay more fun IMO.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
yeah onslaught was a pretty awesome mode, shame it werent 2 vs 2 to add more replay value. kind of boring just fighting on your own and not directly seeing the opponent. Anyway It was still really good, and to me it prooves the xbox could handle the more enemies on screen that apparantly is the reason why we can't have No Mercy mode and the extra enemies the PC mercenaries can have- in onslaught we have over 30 enemies on screen so it prooves the consoles could handle the extra data.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
i've always seen On~slaught as the way RE5 Slayers is, only difference is lack of crystals and not seeing each other

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
yeah onslaught was a pretty awesome mode, shame it werent 2 vs 2 to add more replay value. kind of boring just fighting on your own and not directly seeing the opponent. Anyway It was still really good, and to me it prooves the xbox could handle the more enemies on screen that apparantly is the reason why we can't have No Mercy mode and the extra enemies the PC mercenaries can have- in onslaught we have over 30 enemies on screen so it prooves the consoles could handle the extra data.

I think that the only way they could get that many enemies in the console versions was by taking out all of the textures and stuff on them, which is why the enemies sent from your opponent are all the same texture. It's made to look like it's "marking" the enemies that were sent, but lets face it; they kind of look like crap and are hard to see. If it wasn't because of an engine deficiency I think they would've made them look at least a little better than that. It does suck though, I too would've loved to play No Mercy. That's really why I liked Onslaught. I wanted at least one "OMG they're everywhere" mode =p

A_Blue_Herb

i love how I have to press 5 or 6 buttons to use a friggin herb. I swear the game developers purposely will think of ways to annoy the **** out the players (ya know the ones buying the game and providing them money)..its like they go hmmm how can we annoy the hell of them this time? then someone in a suit stands up and is like well instead of pressing 1 or 2 buttons to heal yourself why not make it 6 or 7? everyone applauds and he gets a raise..

just so sick and tired of these RE games or should I say (call of duty games) because that's what they really are, lets not kid ourselves..

for the love of god, please remove these stupid on screen action button sequences..jesus H Christ...so annoying..

and whoever was complaining about the camera angles, yes I agree as well..its so god damn confusing moving around sometimes..my god..JUST GIVE US BACK THE OLD RESIDENT EVIL..YA KNOW THE ONES THAT WERE ACTUALLY "SURVIVAL HORROR"...

would be nice to ...ya know...play the game by yourself for a change instead of always having to lug around a partner...(sheva/Ashley/piers/sherry and who the F*** ever)...I guess being by yourself would be to "terrifying" so we wouldn't want that in a so called "survival horror" game now would we.

DarkJackal

I just hate what's happened to RE since 4, even though I loved 4 as well. The gameplay for 4-6 is fun, but the story -.-.

RE6 feels dumbed down to me though. I mean a lot of the things good about RE games are gone. Extra costumes for campaign, upgrading weapons, extra weapons for beating the game, interactive objects you don't get a prompt for(Such as opening a locker and finding a weapon thats not pointed out to you before you even reach the room its in), all those notes you can randomly find laying around and read for the info about stuff in game(I shouldn't have to check the wiki to find out what this thing im killing is), and perhaps most of all the characters I loved, the ones missing most I think being Claire and Barry.

And of course its not even the same type of game anymore, I indeed miss the survival horror. The quiet, walking down a hallway not knowing what will be around the corner or in the next room. That could of been such epicness even with coop. Now everything is sinister, fast paced, and explosive.-.-.

The skills are a nice addition, though I think there should of been more equipable than 3, but I would of taken RE4-5 weapon upgrades over it any day. RE4 inventory was quite superior as well. They could of had that but used the current system for simply quick selection. But the amount we can hold could be managed by organizing it ourselves.

I'm all for video game logic as well but I think it can go to a point where its just a bit ridiculous. Such as Helena getting chomped by a shark monster, but fine the next moment, or Leon/Helena pushing an enormous boulder, or going really deep under that church area then somehow going through a water slide exiting on the surface, things like that are abundant in RE6. It also seems every somewhat boss monster is part terminator, you hurt it and it seems dead, but then it comes back 5 times before you get away.
Infinite enemies are a downer for me also, there are plenty of parts where the enemies just don't stop coming, I assume only to give you ammo and items to help at those parts which is another thing in itself very wrong to me for a RE game.
I remember when if you didn't find a weapon or ammo you were just out of luck and had to manage, the game didn't simply give you everything and tell you where to go.

I find it dumb how they simply made a new "c" virus to fit their needs as well. What next for the next RE? Will they decide they want this or that and then how will they explain it in the story? Well lets just have "neo"-umbrella create a new virus!
Your supposed create things that fit into stories, not create things then fit the story to them -.-.

Reactions: Hel

A_Blue_Herb

I find it dumb how they simply made a new "c" virus to fit their needs as well. What next for the next RE? Will they decide they want this or that and then how will they explain it in the story? Well lets just have "neo"-umbrella create a new virus! Your supposed create things that fit into stories said:
haha yes i agree. I'm so sick of all these virus's going around now..what are we up to like 7 or 8 different virus's now? Gimme a break. Whats RE7 going to have the "D" virus...RE8 the "E" virus...RE9 the "F" virus (i hear this has the potential to end virus's G - Z) can't wait...

This series should have ended already but just like the Silent Hill series i don't think they will ever end..there's just too big of a fan base for series like this. as long as they keep pumping out games with the Resident Evil name on it they are going to make millions.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Hoping for your partner to save your ass in time when you are "dying" is like hoping for Capcom to ever come up with a good story again. It's basically possible, but highly unlikely.
Why was everyone complaining about Sheva's AI? At least she was always there to save me when I needed her.

Another thing that has been getting on my nerves lately: Why are there no weapon hot keys? Scrolling through the available weapons with the mouse wheel is not a bad thing when you only have two or three, but it gets really confusing and annoying when you have all of them and need to quickly switch from one weapon to another that happens to be at the other end of the inventory. Especially in Chris's campaign, where you're accompanied by three or four military callboys most of the time, the fight is often over by the time I find my weapon. In every other campaign it usually gets me killed.
I prefer RE5's inventory.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
i am quite enjoying RE6's Mercenaries, the exploding heads with a headshot is making me excited....none the less the shots effects are really Nice! :p

seems RE6 will be the one! despite it's action~pacedness! :cool:

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
I find it VERY aggravating that game companies have to dumb down the A.I for us. I'm going through various games in the early stages.
RE6 had one of the most toughest A.I's out there, But obviously...the "Typically Player" Doesn't want to think how to kill EACH and every enemy 100+ times.

WELL F*** all of you pathetic pieces of trash. Even our Partner was suppose to be smarter and more reliable.

Well **** in Re5 the enemies were INSANE & Apparently the puzzles were unbeatable (The funny part is only the american branch couldn't beat the puzzles)

And despite popular belief that 2-3% that hated zombies in every game Influenced the Re4 main enemies

Although I did enjoy how scraped Re5 elements where Implanted in Re6.

But Overall WHY did capcom not only make zombies smarter only to take it away? why did they dumb them down and give them MORE weaknesses? What the Hell?

Also originally Re6 was suppose to have puzzles and A Save Room...well **** if it's because of North Americans well F*** them you didn't give two ****s when people kept complaining about Re5 being racist ( After the 3rd time I suppose ) All re5-re6 could of been but those bloody Na branch scrapped the whole Idea.more from 6 then any others...That's just down right annoying...I And I will forever loath the NA branch of Capcom

Top Bottom