• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Resident evil 6 complaint thread.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
(down below is my final statement about RE6)

RE6 has bitterly disappointed me, even if there is a Map Pack B; this won't change "it". to the point i have gone back to RE:ORC and RE5 (even more so on RE:ORC and a bit of RE5). because RE6 is done with it's extra content/DLC (save for Siege mode, Map Pack B and the Retro character skin) *i know i have said this* and with this being, i am hoping that the "Rumor" of RE:Revelations getting a port to x360 (xbox 360) is true and will see a release date of Spring (that's what is what i've heard, in terms of a release date), but a more sooner date will be nice. As for Revelations has my favourites, 1. Jill Valentine in her somewhat looking battle-suit minus the Blonde thing (i prefer Brunette Jill over Blonde) and 2. Jessica *Freakin'* Sherawat.it has come to the point it is looking i will get it on release date (a physical copy at that), given and think it too will have the "Raid Mode" (?).

No new characters in RE6? Nope (*cough* No Hope Left *cough*)......how disappointing, with this being said, RE6 wise....i've always wanted to try out the "Anti-Material Rifle" (and with this being, i've become fond of "Sniping" recently) but since Pierce is the only character to have this weapon, nope not interested (as i have strongly stressed, that i like to be a character of my gender) and i feel that Jessica Sherawat would have this weapon in her weapon set as she is a "Sniper" herself..."IF" she was a extra content (character) for RE6; but is a no show for extra content character for RE6, and this brings me to point out on RE:ORC, i get to have the "Anti-Material Rifle" as my primary weapon and the bonus is that i can also have the "Lightning Hawk" (my favourite Magnum) as my secondary and while i can also be a character of my gender (in mentioned game, that being Operation Raccoon City....despite it's decency, game wise, i still play it).

:rolleyes::confused::oops::(

(and i find it amuzing that the theme of RE6 is No Hope Left and compare it to how i feel about RE6 *that being No Hope Left* such irony, it's so amuzing)

No Hope Left

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
(down below is my final statement about RE6)

RE6 has bitterly disappointed me, even if there is a Map Pack B; this won't change "it". to the point i have gone back to RE:ORC and RE5 (even more so on RE:ORC and a bit of RE5). because RE6 is done with it's extra content/DLC (save for Siege mode, Map Pack B and the Retro character skin) *i know i have said this* and with this being, i am hoping that the "Rumor" of RE:Revelations getting a port to x360 (xbox 360) is true and will see a release date of Spring (that's what is what i've heard, in terms of a release date), but a more sooner date will be nice. As for Revelations has my favourites, 1. Jill Valentine in her somewhat looking battle-suit minus the Blonde thing (i prefer Brunette Jill over Blonde) and 2. Jessica *Freakin'* Sherawat.it has come to the point it is looking i will get it on release date (a physical copy at that), given and think it too will have the "Raid Mode" (?).

No new characters in RE6? Nope (*cough* No Hope Left *cough*)......how disappointing, with this being said, RE6 wise....i've always wanted to try out the "Anti-Material Rifle" (and with this being, i've become fond of "Sniping" recently) but since Pierce is the only character to have this weapon, nope not interested (as i have strongly stressed, that i like to be a character of my gender) and i feel that Jessica Sherawat would have this weapon in her weapon set as she is a "Sniper" herself..."IF" she was a extra content (character) for RE6; but is a no show for extra content character for RE6, and this brings me to point out on RE:ORC, i get to have the "Anti-Material Rifle" as my primary weapon and the bonus is that i can also have the "Lightning Hawk" (my favourite Magnum) as my secondary and while i can also be a character of my gender (in mentioned game, that being Operation Raccoon City....despite it's decency, game wise, i still play it).

:rolleyes::confused::oops::(

(and i find it amuzing that the theme of RE6 is No Hope Left and compare it to how i feel about RE6 *that being No Hope Left* such irony, it's so amuzing)

No Hope Left
Hey i would agree that Capcom really have made a good game but the support hasnt been great. . iv brought up their issues with dlc before (they didnt tell anyone Map pack was released) their promo is straight garbage... add to that the day one dlc mess up and ps3 people havent had anything
Said that though the game is still one of the best resident evils and brought me many hours of fun...i for one would expect capcom to release a new set of characters /costumes for the mercs mode..might take them till the end of this year but i think they'll do it. Going on their track record, they take TOO LONG for dlc and dont tell anyone in advance. very poor way to promote your new flagship product.
As for revelations..it would be digital only i think , doubt it will be physical, just like they did Re4 hd.

MaximumLobsters

now i "liked" 6, only because i played co-op with my friend (but i also like Sonic 06 so...) but did anyone else have some serious problems with the train in the subway hitting them from behind? it took us like 4 tries to get through that and it seems like really horrible game design to do that.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
now i "liked" 6, only because i played co-op with my friend (but i also like Sonic 06 so...) but did anyone else have some serious problems with the train in the subway hitting them from behind? it took us like 4 tries to get through that and it seems like really horrible game design to do that.
It hit me a few times till i realised what side of the track to stand on..first time you stand one side on the next train move to the other side of track next to wall...

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
I think that RE:REV is much better than 6 but still must not judge a book by it's cover...
i dont agree with this...Revelations is good, in its story and the suspense, exploration elements..but as a whole, the re6 is way better, the revelations dodging system is just moving the left stick and doesnt always work..re6 has the great counters, jump to prone and other moves.. I still prefer the old melee system though, where you stun then melee, i think re6 instant melee is too easy in someways

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
also i'd like to add to my recent post in this thread is that.....

if Capcom released a Last Stand and Slayer mode (which turned out to be a place-holder name and became the unplanned mode called Onslaught), this would have been a major thing with me to keep me on RE6, even if Map Pack B comes out this coming tuesday; this said content will not guarantee i will be on RE6 for a good while :rolleyes: and until Revelations comes out, i won't be much on RE, is just too bad it will be a long haul wait for Revelations to come :rolleyes:

Cause when Revelations comes out, (Heeellllooooo Jessica :p) i will be busy with "it" (Revelations) for a loooong while (Oh Yessss, Indeedy) :p

:(

Howard

Hero of the alspark
I started playing RE6 again, and just can't get back into it... This game should of came out in 2014..

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I don't have much to complain about with this game, but there's one thing that needs to be said: Assigning "Run" and "Jump over obstacles" to the same key was a terrible idea! It can be useful when you have to get away from an incoming monster/explosion/flood/whatever as fast as possible, but most of the time I find myself randomly sliding over tables I didn't even see before, even when I run past them at a distance of two metres.
But then, when you have to pick up items, pull levers or perform certain partner actions, there's suddenly one exact narrow spot where you have to do it, and if you're standing only a quarter of an inch too far left or right, or facing the wrong direction, it doesn't work. Couldn't it have been the other way around?
Also, who came up with the key for hiding behind a cover in gunfights? Why is that also the same one that you use to slide over the cover? Accidentally doing the latter instead of the former can be quite deadly, as I know from my personal experience.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Takes ages to collect skill points, and the Mercs mode is so unforgiving It's like the game speaks to me "Oh you died at the last minute but you had 130+ kills Sorry you dont get any points for that. ps watch you're back" Lol I flip off Mercs mode alot.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
The skill system is somewhat... less than perfect, to say the least. I like the idea per se, but I have several problems with the way it was executed.

One thing is: Why can you equip only three at once? There are several cool things I'd like to try, like Fast Reload, but my three slots are already filled with other, more important skills I don't want to go without, so there's actually no reason to even buy anything else at all. Sure, you can prepare several arrangements and switch back and forth between them as you're playing, but that's kind of odd from a realistic point of view. I would rather not be able to switch ingame, but have five skills at once instead.

Then there's the problem that most Mercenaries skills are (in my opinion) downright useless. Target Master, for example: In a game mode that encourages players to kill as many enemies as possible with melee attacks, how can it be helpful to reduce the power of those and increase the power of firearms instead? This would be useful in the campaigns, where it’s not available, while the skill that extends your character's stamina bar would be a blessing in Mercenaries. Am I the only one who often manages to knock an enemy down, but can't finish him off because that stupid stamina bar is empty? Why does a simple action like stepping on an enemy's head even require stamina? I need that skill! :mad:

I'm only experiencing the true extent of these flaws now that I'm taking part in the current online event. Since Requiem for War is not a Mercenaries stage I'm particularly good at, I'm trying to help myself with skills, but the one that causes defeated enemies to drop more stuff is actually the only one I can make use of at the moment.

BeardedBushMan

I wish they would drop the skill point crap and go back to weapon upgrades.

As far as Mercs goes, I absolutely love it! Some of the stages are more challenging than others, but it really is my favorite in comparison to RE4 & 5. :)

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I'm not saying I don't like it, I'm quite fond of it too (mainly because it's the first Mercenaries game where I can actually get an S rank on some stages without any cheats), but I think the skills are just a little bit misplaced there. You don't happen to have any idiot-proof tips as to how I can beat Requiem for War with a really good score, do you? :confused: My current record is 102,380 with Carla...

BeardedBushMan

I'm not saying I don't like it, I'm quite fond of it too (mainly because it's the first Mercenaries game where I can actually get an S rank on some stages without any cheats), but I think the skills are just a little bit misplaced there. You don't happen to have any idiot-proof tips as to how I can beat Requiem for War with a really good score, do you? :confused: My current record is 102,380 with Carla...

It's funny you bring up Requeim for War. I SUCK at this stage. A friend posted this video to help me:

Reactions: Hel

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
It's funny you bring up Requeim for War.

I wouldn't even play that map if I didn't have to... Well, of course I don't have to, I could also spend my free time visiting friends in Asgard, torturing some souls of the dead, the usual, but Requiem for War is the map of the current online event, so if I want points, there's no way around it... :(

I'm looking forward to a Rooftop Mission event (if there will be one), that's my favourite map and I'm pretty good at it too. Well, of course not as good as those hardcore gamers who are always at the top of the records list, but I don't aim for the first place anyway. Being among the first 100 would be nice.

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
I'm not a fan of Requiem for War. I love it for Onslaught though. It's cut down to just a big circle so keeping all your foes in one nice lineup to pick them off is much easier =p. But I'm mostly waiting for a Rooftop mission one too. Or Creature Workshop, my easiest for a high rank. I like Ubistvo. Nothing like the sound of a chainsaw to wake you up in the mornin.

BeardedBushMan

I wouldn't even play that map if I didn't have to... Well, of course I don't have to, I could also spend my free time visiting friends in Asgard, torturing some souls of the dead, the usual, but Requiem for War is the map of the current online event, so if I want points, there's no way around it... :(

I'm looking forward to a Rooftop Mission event (if there will be one), that's my favourite map and I'm pretty good at it too. Well, of course not as good as those hardcore gamers who are always at the top of the records list, but I don't aim for the first place anyway. Being among the first 100 would be nice.

Rooftop is probably my favorite too! :) I love how crazy it gets with all the whoppers and chainsaw guys. Such a blast! :D

Baxcy

S.T.A.R.S.
Voice commands.
Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE voice commands as they make people like me-someone who doesn't have a mic-easier to communicate with.
But, I feel as though there should be more variety to the commands, as the same two phrases of one command gets tiring.
I also think that, depending on the character you're paired up with -in mercenaries or otherwise-the voice interaction should be different in terms of either tone or aggression.

Top Bottom