• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Resident evil 6 complaint thread.

MissDomino

Premium
Voice commands.
Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE voice commands as they make people like me-someone who doesn't have a mic-easier to communicate with.
But, I feel as though there should be more variety to the commands, as the same two phrases of one command gets tiring.
I also think that, depending on the character you're paired up with -in mercenaries or otherwise-the voice interaction should be different in terms of either tone or aggression.
I agree, although I think the voice commands on RE6 are a big improvement over RE5's, which were pretty limited. A "sorry" voice command would be useful too, when playing online.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I feel as though there should be more variety to the commands, as the same two phrases of one command gets tiring.
Try Chris in his campaign! His two phrases vary from chapter to chapter, which is understandable because he's like a pregnant woman in this game, but also kind of funny.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Voice commands.
Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE voice commands as they make people like me-someone who doesn't have a mic-easier to communicate with.
But, I feel as though there should be more variety to the commands, as the same two phrases of one command gets tiring.
I also think that, depending on the character you're paired up with -in mercenaries or otherwise-the voice interaction should be different in terms of either tone or aggression.
You my good sir (Or Lady) have voiced my biggest complaint about the game Overall....Also For the different variations Like a Ada & Leon

Jake & Piers

Chris & Sherry

Am I On the right track?

Anyways that's frankly my only complaint about the game in general

Minus those few respawn moments where you instantly die

DLC wise....We have a problem...

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Jake & Piers

Thanks = I owe you nothing!
Move in = Get your fugly ass over there!
Follow me = After me, but not too close!
Come here = Heel, puppy! / Over here, Wesker b@st@rd!
Wait = Freeze or I'll shoot!
Good job = Did you bribe your way into the BSAA? / Holy crap, my cat has better aiming!
Help = Stop - touching - meeee!
Not now = Drop dead!
Okay = Better not get used to it!
Call = Hey, Mister A$$hole!
Death reaction = Sh!t happens! / We can still take blood from a dead body!

Baxcy

S.T.A.R.S.
Good job = Did you bribe your way into the BSAA? / Holy crap, my cat has better aiming!
Not now = Drop dead!

This.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Not now = Drop dead!
Is Boss

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
lmao. I can remember shooting a team mate by accident and the best I could come up with was..."Glad you're on my side."... um. awkward lol. "Much appreciated!"........ no that didn't work either =(.
I Threw Gernade at my teamate He went into dying that same moment he got that death anmimation from a zombie...

"I'm Glad Your Here"....I Feel Odd

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
Extra taunts would be nice as well, just to break the tedium for people who use melee a lot. Same irony. "I'll see you dead!" as I'm hit with a rocket and taken out lol..... well it was kind of true.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
That's it, I'm done with those online events.
My goal was to be among the first 100 in the current one, so I spent a part of this afternoon replaying the same levels again and again until I got bored, only to find out that this stupid system is once again cheating or malfunctioning or whatever. I wasn't playing offline, the connection hadn't been lost, yet for some reason I can't explain only two of all the relevant medals I won today were actually registered. Everything else was in vain.
I used to like these events, but from now on, I will only bother to meet the minimum requirements to take part. For example, if the requirement is to get one medal in Level X, I will get exactly one medal in the respective level, make sure that lame system registers it, and be done. That way I will at least get something (a retro costume and 10,000 RE points in this case) without wasting more time than necessary for nothing.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Extra taunts would be nice as well, just to break the tedium for people who use melee a lot. Same irony. "I'll see you dead!" as I'm hit with a rocket and taken out lol..... well it was kind of true.
Extra Taunts would be AWESOME! I can Imagine quite a few.

They could also take other character poses and stuff.

I can imagine Leon or Jake doing the Agents Taunt. XD
That's it, I'm done with those online events.
My goal was to be among the first 100 in the current one, so I spent a part of this afternoon replaying the same levels again and again until I got bored, only to find out that this stupid system is once again cheating or malfunctioning or whatever. I wasn't playing offline, the connection hadn't been lost, yet for some reason I can't explain only two of all the relevant medals I won today were actually registered. Everything else was in vain.
I used to like these events, but from now on, I will only bother to meet the minimum requirements to take part. For example, if the requirement is to get one medal in Level X, I will get exactly one medal in the respective level, make sure that lame system registers it, and be done. That way I will at least get something (a retro costume and 10,000 RE points in this case) without wasting more time than necessary for nothing.
It could be that Auto-Upload thingy, Go into options and push that button before you start playing

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
It could be that Auto-Upload thingy, Go into options and push that button before you start playing

But it says "Connecting..." every time I start the game, just like when I push the said button, and most of the time it does register what I do, but for some reason it didn't yesterday and I'm not keen on repeating the whole process. Rank 117 at the moment, oh well... Still 20,000 points and a retro costume.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
But it says "Connecting..." every time I start the game, just like when I push the said button, and most of the time it does register what I do, but for some reason it didn't yesterday and I'm not keen on repeating the whole process. Rank 117 at the moment, oh well... Still 20,000 points and a retro costume.
I had the same problem before so I figured if I pressed the button manaully something might happen once I did Tons of High Score Mercs rivals poped up

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
I wasn't playing offline, the connection hadn't been lost, yet for some reason I can't explain only two of all the relevant medals I won today were actually registered. Everything else was in vain.

The auto-upload does usually work, but AFTER playing, not before. I've missed out on comps for the same reason. When you've FINISHED playing, go to the auto upload and let it connect to the server. That should send your info. It updates re.net in minutes for my ps3, but will go for days without updating if I don't do that EVERY TIME. It's annoying, but hopefully that works for PC too.

That's all I ever do. If it's something I actually enjoy doing I'll keep trying for my personal best but I find actually putting heart into these competitions tends to just get frustrating. You get a lot of points just for participating and I have every costume (-a couple retros) from that strategy anyway lol. Log in every day, and play your favourite chapters of the campaign over on a different difficulty level (you'll get a badge and points for every one). Get lots of these kills and those kills. You'll have points in no time.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
When you've FINISHED playing, go to the auto upload and let it connect to the server. That should send your info. It updates re.net in minutes for my ps3, but will go for days without updating if I don't do that EVERY TIME. It's annoying, but hopefully that works for PC too.

Well... After I saw that my score was not updated, even after hours, I put the system to the test: I started the game again, replayed the last part of Ada's third chapter (because that's the quickest way to get one of the required medals), logged on to RE.net again and guess what - that medal was registered. But the others still weren't, although I clicked auto upload several times ever since... So I guess they're just lost.

But never mind. I don't know what to spend my RE points on anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter if I win 20,000 or 30,000 of them. The only thing I bought so far was a wallpaper, everything else is pretty lame.

Champloo

Did anyone else have ammo problems with Chris campaign? I kept getting abundance of ammo in Leon's and Jake's campaigns, but with Chris I barley got any even though it was the military shooter style.

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
But never mind. I don't know what to spend my RE points on anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter if I win 20,000 or 30,000 of them. The only thing I bought so far was a wallpaper, everything else is pretty lame.
I agree. A wallpaper and the mercenary symbol I use here is all I bought besides costumes. The director's notes are ok but too short. They're transferable so I'm saving mine in the hopes that Revelations will have some cool stuff to use them on.

Reactions: Hel

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I don't even buy the costumes; Sherry's alternate costume is the only one I ever use and I like it as it is. Besides, I'm a PC gamer, so if I ever want the recolours, I can just extract the respective textures from the game (they're there, even though the costumes themselves are not unlocked) and replace the "default" alternative textures with them without spending a single RE point.

Did anyone else have ammo problems with Chris campaign?

Yes, me. Even though I use melee whenever I can, and I'm playing on Normal at the moment! The first chapter was okay, but perhaps only because I restarted the campaign with all the ammo and health items I had collected previously, but from Chapter 2 on, it went downhill. I don't even want to know what it's like on higher difficulties.
Tip: Buy the skill that increases stamina, so you can use melee more often, and/or use the knife a lot when playing as Chris. It doesn't need ammo and doesn't drain the stamina bar either.

OutbreakFTW

My complaint is that it sucks, it sucks on FIRE! Why? Because it's not resident evil. it's call of gears of dookie wars modern warfare 6! When i want to play a true survival horror game i break out my copy of REmake on gamecube, or Outbreak on PS2, or Silent Hill 2 or 3. This crap.... it's just for kids with ADD. Not my thing sorry.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
My complaint is that it sucks, it sucks on FIRE! Why? Because it's not resident evil. it's call of gears of dookie wars modern warfare 6! When i want to play a true survival horror game i break out my copy of REmake on gamecube, or Outbreak on PS2, or Silent Hill 2 or 3. This crap.... it's just for kids with ADD. Not my thing sorry.
Dude...I respect that you don't like that game but honestly was that really neccesary? It's really fun, the first time you played it I had more fun then I did with Re3 or 4 (At the beginning) *Besides Obviously it's not Re because it isn't horror ._.*
I hate to burst your bubble but RE was NEVER scary It was cheesy (But that's a good thing) Also I don't think horror makes up Re, B.O.W's do. They've been around forever so IMO THEY make RE, not Horror

Was Outbreak Scary I Think not. (Againt that's just me)
Silient Hill is actually Scary, It doesn't scare me because the screechs some enemies do make my ears bleed So I normally mute it, Thus makes it 90% less scar.

But if you want a horror game your gonna have to wait, There are two games that may fit your taste.

Dying Light and Contagion I know they are for PC not sure about consoles

But did you notice how many people here like Re6? It's fun (100x better then RER) But meh everone has their own opinion

Reactions: Hel
Top Bottom