• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

how did you discovered resident evil?

the venomous grand design

REmake enthusiast
i was born in '93 but my brother and sister are 6 and 9 years older than me, respectively. i'm pretty sure they got RE when it dropped, but the first one i really remember is RE2.
my dad was also a big fan, he had the original trilogy when they released so i got to play them all when i'd visit.
then my first crushes dad was always playing CV whenever i'd come over..and the kids next door got REmake when that came out..now that i think of it, i was kinda surrounded by it as a kid!

BeatTheGG

The true last hope.
I was introduced to the original RE game on the playstation back in 1997. It was technically my third game for the system. My cousin was really into it and thought it would be wise to 5-6 year old. A****** I didn't sleep for two days afterwards. I did eventually grow a pair and beat it (at the cost of my own sanity.) Got the next game two years later and my love eventually came to fruition.

black 93

I got into resi a bit later, mostly cuz i was a very young kid when they came out on ps1 and didnt know about them. First time i played one was when i went with a friend to trade some games and saw remake used for £6. I picked it up expecting some insane zombie blaster like house of the dead (how dumb was i?!) Needless to say i was pleasently surprised. Been a resi nut ever since :D

WeskerWanter

Hard Dog
I had been casually aware of the series for years, but it wasn't until I was studying for my bachelor's degree and studied abroad that it really entered my radar at all. I had friends living in England and I was living in Ireland at the time, so I visited them over a break and while I was there, they were co-oping Resident Evil 5. I had no idea what was going on in the game, and seeing one of the guys playing as tribal Sheva kind of gave me the wrong idea initially, but for some reason it really stuck with me. Although I didn't really think about it after that, years later I saw someone co-oping Resident Evil 6, decided it looked like a crazy amount of fun, and bought it for myself - and I was hooked! Memories of creatures with long tongues and some raving man who thought it would be a great idea to shove his hand into a canister of Uroboros while surrounded by lava came back to me, and I convinced my English friend to co-op it with me like he had with the other guy years back. I started rather obsessively immersing myself in the series, playing all the games I could get my hands on, reading everything I could find. While I think it's a shame I didn't get into the series as a kid and ended up playing parts of it completely backward in terms of chronology, better late than never! By present day, I'm definitely the most RE obsessed of my friends. They can't get me to shut up about it (so joining a forum full of other RE nuts seemed like the best thing to do).

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Resident Evil for Retards and a Leon cameo in Mary the Bitch was how I was introduced.
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis was the first I played but only for 5 minutes.
Resident Evil 4 was the first I played in-depth and enjoyed.

X)Slayer(X

In my PSP´s Playstation Store,when i was 15 i read about RE2 and found playing as a rookie cop more interesting.I was grateful for finishing RE2 and loved the storyline and how creepy it was and it´s one of the reasons the guy in my avatar is my fav xD.I did research on RE and thats how i turned into a fan.

umbra aeterna

-Never forget it.My dad had it for a while,resident evil 1 ,director's cut and I was akid,maybe 5? anyway,so i'm in here and he played jill's campaign and I was amazed at the realistic backgrounds and all that (it was like 1997).

so barry was sayin' somethin' bout there being blood,hoping it ain't chris's blood,then wesker just up and disapeared.(at the time,I was worried bout wesker and chris cuz i was like,no! the other characters are gone.and i was like wtf is becky?) anyway,i saw that pale zombie turn around and come for my flesh,that did it for me.

i also tried a chris file cuz he runs faster,like noticeably faster and the bastard won't die like jill.was easier for me to play as chris.though my standard is this;jill for re 1,leon for re 2,don't know why.i was like f- the redfields back then.

now?

still leon,but now leon and ...no i still do jill.chris sometimes but,meh...i just rambled like hell

TyrantNemesis

I'LL GIVE YOU STARS!
Honestly, watching the first live action movie was how I discovered Resident Evil. I was about 6 years old. The year was 2002. My mom and Step dad, had either rented or bought the movie. I cant really remember that, but anyway, it was on VHS...yeah... I remember VHS tapes even though I'm only 18, people. The movie scared the crap out of me. I'll never forget it.
My Step dad was a hardcore Resident Evil fan. He played the first 2 games on PS1, but that was before he and my mother were together. When I was 10, he bought Resident Evil 3: Nemesis. That was the first Resident Evil game I had ever played in my life. He had the walk through book and everything.
It was just one of those things, that when your a kid, it means a lot...and then you lose touch with it, and do other fun kid things instead of play games. 13 years have gone by ever quickly. A good friend that I made recently, reconnected me with video gaming. Once I reconnected with video gaming, I bought RE2,3,4,Code Veronica X and Outbreak. I don't RE1 though, and I don't care much for 'Outbreak'. So yeah...that's my story!

Denzil22

Premium
Back in the 90s my dad borrowed res1 from a work m8 becuse he know I like monsters and things like that. We really didn't know much about the game back then but it soon became apparent how good it was wen we got back to the Mansion and had to suvive the hunters. Wen I look back I have so many good memories of playing most resident evils truly thankfull I discovered them .

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
I was 5-6 years old and my dad had just bought Resident Evil (this is 1996 by the way lol). I remember being scared to death of the zombie in the first cutscene.
It gave little Tremor nightmares.
Despite the nightmares, I was obsessed with watching him play it. Over time, I decided I wanted to "blow the zombie's head off daddy" and so he sat me on his lap, put the controller in my hand, and with his help...I killed my first zombie.

A Resident Evil fan was born. Not long after that, I started playing it by myself.

KevinStriker

I was 5-6 years old and my dad had just bought Resident Evil (this is 1996 by the way lol). I remember being scared to death of the zombie in the first cutscene.
It gave little Tremor nightmares.
Despite the nightmares, I was obsessed with watching him play it. Over time, I decided I wanted to "blow the zombie's head off daddy" and so he sat me on his lap, put the controller in my hand, and with his help...I killed my first zombie.

A Resident Evil fan was born. Not long after that, I started playing it by myself.

I wish my dad still played video games so I could have an experience like that. Last video game he played was Pong on his Atari 400/800 in 1989.

lorddemolatron

CP and BP fan forever
Well how I discovered RE ?? :), I had once encounter with series back in time of release of first game on PSX as mine brother had console, I even from time to time would play with him but well i got once grounded for that i played game for older people and that passion for RE was stopped in mine child times. Now maybe Im adult but mine love of Cyberpunk/Biopunk themes bringed me again into RE series and well I started not so long ago replay the games as i got RE remake for GC, and from that it well started and now Im maybe newcomer Female Fan but I plan on playing all RE games what I can get.

Krusiv

Resident Evil 1 was one of the many games that my grandparents had for Playstation 1. It become a tradition to play some Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, and Klonoa whenever my cousins and I would visit for the holidays. I've been hooked on Resident Evil ever since then.

I have my grandparents to thank for my fascination with video games. They even bought me my first console which was a SNES that came with Zelda: A Link to the Past

KevinStriker

Resident Evil 1 was one of the many games that my grandparents had for Playstation 1. It become a tradition to play some Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, and Klonoa whenever my cousins and I would visit for the holidays. I've been hooked on Resident Evil ever since then.

I have my grandparents to thank for my fascination with video games. They even bought me my first console which was a SNES that came with Zelda: A Link to the Past

My dad's parents bought a Genesis for my brother and sister when they were young. They had Aladdin, Lion King, Sonic 2, Sonic & Knuckles, Earthworm Jim, and NBA Jam.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Resident Evil's been around. It's a game that shows up in all kinds of media. Gaming magazines, G4TV, the movies, television shows where someone's playing video games it's not rare for that been a RE game. Still, it wasn't that interesting to me because I played RE2 once and I couldn't get past the start do to the tank controls and I couldn't figure them out so I gave up after 15 minutes of trying.

It wasn't till a long time later that RE4 won the Game of the Year award from the Spike Game Award that I even became slightly interested. The game was cheap so I decided 'eh, what the hell.' Did not regret it.

Darkstar Darin

Wesker's secret project. D-Virus.
I was stuck at one of my ma's ex's for what seemed like eternity but was probably a weekend. Someone was playing RE2 I was scared ****less until I forced myself to play the first one (2 years after I got it.)

Top Bottom