• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

how did you discovered resident evil?

zombinater007

For me it was a few years back. I was playing games with my friend at his house and saw that he had a nintendo 64 (one of the best systems ever!) looking through his games, I saw he had Resident Evil 2 so I was like this sounds cool so we played it and i loved it. That was the first one that i have played and kindof went out of order from 2 to 4 then 5 then 1 then 3 the outbreaks 1 and 2, then now Code Veronica

Leon_Redfield

King of Bel
Premium
I first found out about it from my cousins. I went over their house and watched them play it and loved it. Saddly I wasn't able to play any of them, till a few years later, thanks to me being eight and my mom being over protective of which video games I should play. Then I got four, 3, 1, 2, Code veronica x and then 5.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I used to watch my older cousin play RE1/RE2. Sometimes he allowed me to play but i always died. Everytime I was at his house I asked him to let me play that game. Then I kind of lost contact with RE until I was a bit older.
In a Christmas, I asked my mum to buy me a RE game and she bought me DA since it was the last one to be released at that time.I loved the game so I started to get curious about the series, but not a fan yet.
Then in a summer, when I returned from holydays, my brother was playing RE4. I played the game and the extras. After that, I was really curious about Ada and searched on the internet about her. When I found out she and Leon had met in RE2 I kind of remembered it from when I saw my cousin play and so I wanted to know more about the series.
When I searched for Ada, I started to find out more stuff about Wesker too, and I read/saw Wesker's Reports, which made me more intrigued. I then played CV:X and RE3 and watched online gameplays of RE1 and RE2.
I had to bump into the series 3 times until I became a fan...

Aleck

Biohazard
I'm not sure if it was my cousin who had gotten his PS3 and XBOX 360 or the Church...wait no, the church sold me a VCR cause I had some old VHS tapes from wrestling, but that's another story for another day.

And then I found a copy of Code Veronica for 4 dollars at GameStop along with a memory card so I was good to go. For that adventure. I regret selling all my old systems btw.:(

Metal

psn has a good deal atm if your in the u.k £13 for resi pack code veronica and resi 4. and then £8 for all other resi titles

bruno

Chief Researcher
psn has a good deal atm if your in the u.k £13 for resi pack code veronica and resi 4. and then £8 for all other resi titles
RE6 Anthology for PS3 will have RE1, RE2, RE3, RE4HD, RE5GE and RE6 for 89.99$. All but RE6 will be digital media (download from PSN) and this edition will be released with regular RE6.
All that's left is CVX, which you can buy in HD from the PSN for 17.99$ (not sure about that).

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
I think going into a local game store getting some Gamecube games (Yeah, I only found out about the series in 2004) and saw the Remake. Obviously I was too scared to play it when I got it, so when RE4 came out, asked to get it, got scared of Dr Salvador and then fell in love with the series.

Coma Black

Lamb of God
I didn't get into RE until a little while after re4: wii edition was released. I remember looking at videos of it and reading about it in a gaming magazine, dreaming of playing it. Finally, my birthday came along and I got it (the happiest guy you've seen, haha). I played it from then through summer. A little while later I got REmake and Zero for the wii too.

About 1 1/2 years ago I finally bought a ps3 and with it RE5 and later RE2 (through PSN).

Maestro

Sniper Wolf
Premium
<Leon's voice>

1999... I'll never forget it... It was the year, when Capcom released Resident Evil 3... Soon after, my older brother has brought this game and Playstation 1... Main heroine was woman named Jill Valentine- she fought with zombies and other monsters in Raccoon City, a city controlled by International Pharmaceutical Enterprises, Umbrella...On the end, the President of United States ordered to contingency plan- to sterilize Raccoon City... This game was finished...

<Spanish guitar music> :D

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I had a game magazine (I believe it was GamePro, but I can't remember off the top of my head) that had a blurb about RE 1 pre-release, and I kind of fell in love with the series just based off of those couple of pages! It was exactly what I wanted in a game! Then, when I finally got my hands on it in '96, I never looked back. Though the series has let me down quite a bit in recent years, it still is and will probably always be my favorite game series. Especially those first few.

MissDomino

Premium
I saw an ad in a game magazine. When I bought my ps1 it was the first game I bought for it. My brother really wanted it so I thought, why not. It was in sale.
When we brought it home, we didn't know how to play it, equip weapons or anything. Since we were used to fast paced 16bit Megadrive games (Sonic, Shinobi), we quickly got bored and returned it the same day :eek:... and the shop refunded the full price of the game, rather than the sale price. Ka-ching! Thank you Target!

After that I played the RE2 demo and absolutely loved it to pieces, but that still didn't make me a die hard fan. We didn't buy RE2 until much later, then I bought RE4 even after that. But guess what? The games were sitting on the shelf and I still hadn't played them properly if at all.

My brother also got code veronica X and returned it the next day. Never even had a chance to try it :(
It wasn't until RE5 that I actually got into a RE. My brother bought it, so I had a chance to try it out and boy was it fun!

While I was waiting for my copy of RE5 to come in the mail, I finished RE4, loved it and the rest is history. It's embarasing how long it took me.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
About twelve years ago, I bought a new Tomb Raider game which came with a small booklet introducing other games by Eidos Interactive, one of them being Resident Evil 3: Nemesis. I read the whole page simply because I liked Jill's outfit and the stark contrast it formed to the big ugly monster standing behind her. Being the guardian of Helheim and goddess of death, it's in my nature to be interested in everything that has to do with the (un)dead, so I investigated a bit beyond what was written in that booklet and soon bought a copy of the first Resident Evil. Then, when I was in control of Jill (who was my favourite character by that time... oh well, I was young and inexperienced), I realised I had seen that particular game before. It was years ago at my cousin's house, he and his friend were playing it and I happened to watch. I even remembered the great hall, the crows on the balcony and the puzzle with the paintings. And after that, I bought RE2, then 3... and became a big fan.

I lost track of the series shortly before the release of RE4 because I knew my computer would be too weak to handle it, but it was the same cousin from 199-something that reintroduced me to the series about two and a half years ago by telling me about RE5 and how fun it would be to play it together online. So here I am again, risen from the dead.

BRoGAN

ResiNerd
I grew up watching my dad playing them :p and just think, he originally bought some game called like Jacks back (im not entirely sure) but then returned it for being terrible and was told to buy Res1, if they hadn't done that I might not be here today and that is just a horrific thought :p

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
About 14 years ago I had just got my ps1 and my cousin brought up some of his games. He put on RE 1 and showed me how to play it. Even though I was terrible at it and thought it was a really hard game at the time, I still enjoyed it cause it was the first real survival horror game I had played. I was hooked ever since and played all the sequels as soon as they came out :)

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
I was about 6 years old when my dad got code veronica for himself, It friggin scared the living hell out of me. I was the first to play it... I literlly shut down the PS2 when those dogs popped out of under the building. that was the end of me playing. My dad beat it, then got RE4. I believe he got right after baracade cabin, and we had to move to south dakota. so we sold my PS2, along with all the games. by this time I was 8...
Two years later.
I got a PS2 for christmas of 09... I was 10. and they asked me what games I wanted.... I thought for a minute than I said "Get me resident evil code veronica" so he got me outbreak, code veronica, and 4. I beat RE4 first, than code veronica. (I never liked outbreak) and after a year of beating RE4, I became a huge fan of the series and came here... got an xbox, and currently have code veronica (Been my favorite game since I played it) RE4, RE5, RE1, RE2, RE3, ORC.

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
A friend and I played the original one right before RE2 came out. Ah, thinking of the crows eating Forest's corpse still creeps me out. Then we beat RE2 together, and it was such a blast. Took a hiatus from games until I walked in my house one day, and my father was playing a game on the Wii. After I looked at the screen I was like "Oh snap Pops, is that dudez name Leon??!!!1!" So I beat RE4 and the rest, is history.

Top Bottom