• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

how did you discovered resident evil?

Mordecur

"Women"
I first played Resident Evil on the dreamcast. My first one was Code: Veronica X. My dad brother and I would play through it together and get scared. I believe I was 5 or 6 around that time.

rondachewarrior

I'm not predjudiced, I hate everybody equally.
My cousin always sent me bootlegged games from Thailand so that's how I got it. I was around 7-8 at the time.

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
Back in 1998, I was still an avid SNES player but then other kids in my school started talking about Playstation and the name Resident Evil popped up more and more and the other kids were speaking about it with so much awe and were all like "Its the most sick thing ever, you gotta play it". So eventually I finally got myself a PSOne in 1998 (and have been a loyal Sony gamer ever since - with the RE Remake as an exception) and borrowed RE 2 from a friend. I played it at home and when even my mother was freaked out just by listening to it, I knew I had fallen in love. And have been ever since. And even though me and my dear RE have changed over the years - that love is forever.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Well, I was very young, probably 4 or 5, and my brother had gotten Resident Evil 2 on the N64. It took some warming up to for my brother due to the controls, but once he discovered control type C, it was smooth sailing. He'd never let me play, but I'll always watch. It was that way up until RE4 and Deadly Silence. I then went on to play RE5 and as I got older I bought the rest of the series and played them for myself.

residentvilfan

i saw a artical of re2, it said the best ps1 game, i went to the game store, bought re2 and then i beat the game, it was actually quite enjoying ^_^

Sean

I came across Resident Evil in kind of an odd way. My friend @KennedyKiller had me over to his house one night, and on the tiny tv he had in his bedroom he was playing this on rails shooter I had never seen before, I dont remember whether it was Umbrella Chronicles or Darkside Chronicles but watching it was pretty cool. After that I was pretty interested, I had recently gotten a PS3 and I came across Resident Evil 5. So I bought it, played it, and have been hooked ever since. Ive played every game I could get my hands on, and if I may also add,@KennedyKiller and I were the first ones in MO to get RE6.

I had a similar idea...But it involved Dinosaurs...
Same here...but with a sandwich shop

Merged.

Last edited by a moderator:

Samuel Bowden

Zombie Killer
When i was 6 i watched my friends older brother play RE2. When they left town me and my mom would take care of there dogs and i played RE2. When they came back he gave it to me with RE, RE2, and RE3.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I went to a shop, asked for a PS2 horror game and the woman recommended RE4. I took the advice and my only regrets is I didn't go back and thank her. It's also thanks to that woman Romero searched for, and found a Resi forum. ;)

H.U.N.K.

Like I was saying in another post here, I just went by the local Hastings store and wanted to pick up a game to play. Keep in mind that was back in 96 or so, and we're talking original Playstation. So I was fortunate to have discovered RE back in the day when the original came out. It was totally by chance I grabbed the game. A craps shoot really. The cover looked kinda tight, so I gave it a try.

DAMMMNNNN!!!!!!!

I was hooked. Played it with the lights on too, I aint gonna lie!

Some of the funniest laughs I had too were over that game. I remember having friends over one evening for a BBQ and I told the guys, "hey check this out", so I got a couple of the guys to try the game out. It was the funniest, most intense thing to watch my friends meet up with the first mansion zombie and how they would jerk and squirm in their seat with the controller as the zombie got up. My buddies would literally be sweating and cursing while playing the game, it was great! That was a GREAT survival horror game! You could almost scare the pee outta your friends with it. Great fun.

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
Well i saw it on the shelf in shop. There was only one in a stock, i saw art cover, it was scary with one eye popped out and skinny fingers holding number two. So i thought it is worth to try then i was really into it. So i later bought Re 1, Re remake, zero for wii, Re3,4,5,6, Revelations, ORC and now i am awaiting for Resident Evil 7

HackAttack01

I was in 7th or 8th grade (too lazy to look up the release of the original), my friend rented it and had played it some the night before. He just thought the box art looked badass so he went with it. I overheard him talking about it with another friend of mine and they said they were going to play it that night. A few of us stayed at his house that night, lights off, watching each other play it and giving the controller away when we couldn't take the anxiety anymore. We played the hell outta that game for quite some time after that. I am actually the only one who has stuck with RE titles....and after RE6 to be on a forum having anything to do with this franchise is saying something!

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
A combination of my brother getting RE4 as a gift and a flash cartoon parodying RE3: Nemesis.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
When i bought my PS1 it came with a black CD that had 13 demo games. and Resident evil 2 was one of the games. that was when the PS2 was released. back then i was a big fan of Leon until of course RE4 came out.

RustyRedField

Lord Hamster
I was at my aunt in uncles house back in like 09 or 2010 and my uncle was playing RE 5 and I asked him if I could play when he was done and he said sure. It was the part where you have to shoot the driver on the bridge. I rented the game a couple of weeks later on the ps3 (he had the 360 version) really disliked it at the time. But now I love it!

TJay

Premium
I was about 11, I had sent my mum to the independent game shop in town to trade in some games for me. When my then step-dad picked me up from drama class he'd said "Oh yeah, your Mum traded in those games - she's got something you play with the lights off... some horror thing, you like horror!". When I got home my mum was sat playing as Jill. My friend came round and all 3 of us sat and played the game for a few consecutive nights. We stopped when we got about halfway through - don't remember why though.

Then Christmas of that year my step-dad had got me a copy of RE2 - I had a quick play of the beginning of the game & thought it looked great. But again stopped.

It wasn't until about 6 months to a year (possibly 2 years now that I'm thinking about it) after that myself, my friend & mum sat down to play RE2 properly. I had discovered the Evil Dead movies by then & thought it'd be similar (the first game had been loaned out to a friend that's why we re-started with RE2). That was that, we were all hooked!

Our lives became dominated by Resident Evil for years as we played through the available titles & subsequent releases.

run b run

My best friend got re2 for Christmas and I gota 64 at the same time, needless too say never looked at nNintendo the same again

Top Bottom