• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

how did you discovered resident evil?

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
I started with 2 on the N64 when I was in 5th grade. I had bought some of the action figures at KB Toys and wanted to get the game with "report card money" when I saw it at Babbage's. My mom was hesitant to buy RE2 for me because of the M-rating, but I convinced her to let me have get it anyway. :D

Travis Hilton

But i'll shave it for later.
As a kid my mom found a bunch of games at a garage sale and one happened to be Resident Evil 2. It was the first game to actually scare the **** outta me. Until that time I was unaware a game could get to me like that and I loved it. Survival makes things all the more tense.

ADAxWONG

On A Mission...
I heard of them when Resident Evil came out on Playstation I think. But I started playing the games when Resident evil 4 came on Gamecube.

MetalGamer2

Survivor
I don't remember how old I was. I was pretty young though. It was the Gamecube era and my older cousin loaned me his copy of RE4. I didn't know much about Resident Evil, so I wasn't sure what to expect.

Sure enough, I became addicted to playing RE4. I loved the combat system and it was really intense, especially for my younger self. Anyway, years have gone by and I've been slowly backtracking through the series. Someday, I hope to have a complete collection of the Resident Evil main-series games!

Tez

My friend down the road had it on his old school ps1. We were playing RE3 and I remember Nemesis crashing through the window and scaring the **** out of us.

boothjorden

My cousin had a copy RE1 when I was about 5 or 6 and I'd play the hell out of it every chance I got and I'd always rent out RE3 from Blockbuster afterwards and soon after my parents bought me RE2 and it's been one of my favorite video series ever since.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
I first discovered Resident Evil when my dad brought home Resident Evil 2 a few days after he bought a PS1 console, of course I was addicted to Duke Nukem Total Meltdown, Alien Trilogy and Tomb Raider at that time, he told me I was not allowed to play it, but one day when he wasnt home, I put it in and gave it a shot........it scared the **** out of me and I couldnt sleep that night, then a few days after that me and him went to the video store together and we saw Resident Evil 1, so we grabbed that and gave it a go and loved it.

Unfortunately those old ancient copies were lost, but since I became a massive fan of RE, I bought back those 2 classics and have followed RE ever since, I got RE3, CVX and all the spin offs, I was starting to build up quite a fancy collection, then came RE4 which I liked a good deal and added to my collection, but then came RE5 and well....... :(

JaguarsSoul

ayşegül ϟ
I used to watch my eight years old cousin play Resident Evil 2 (or was it 1?) on the Playstation 1 when I was four years old. I was scared like sh't xD However, I was only interested in animals then, so I was a major Spyro fan and saw nothing else but Spyro and Crash Bandicoot x)
However, then, when I was ten years old (maybe even a little older), my cousin and I watched a certain Resident Evil movie on the TV-Channel. Then, I started to get interested in Resident Evil, and wherever I looked, I saw Resident Evil 4, so obviously that was the first game I played.

(but Resident Evil 2 obviously was the best. Maybe because I got some childhood memories attached to it, I don't know x))

thc2099

My aunty's partner had RE1 on the original Playstation, I remember before I'd even seen it my aunty was telling me about it, that you were investigating a haunted mansion and how it was scary the way you'd sometimes open a door to a room and there'd be a zombie right there in front of you. I couldn't wait to see it, and I was so frightened but excited to play through it. I didn't get far but still thought it was an awesome game. I've since completed 1-3 and 5, but definitely think the first few in the series are the best.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
My aunty's partner had RE1 on the original Playstation, I remember before I'd even seen it my aunty was telling me about it, that you were investigating a haunted mansion and how it was scary the way you'd sometimes open a door to a room and there'd be a zombie right there in front of you. I couldn't wait to see it, and I was so frightened but excited to play through it. I didn't get far but still thought it was an awesome game. I've since completed 1-3 and 5, but definitely think the first few in the series are the best.
LOL "Haunted" mansion.

Also RE just began to sink after CVX.

Zainab Bachir

When I was 10 I went to this video game shop with my brother to buy some games, we weren't looking for a particular game (completely random) and it happened that RE3 had a very scary and interesting cover (with Nemesis on it), and hence we bought the game, and then after becoming addicted to it, we bought RE1 and then RE2 and so on :p

Outbreakgirl

Treasure Hunter since 2009
Well it all started with Code Veronica on the Dreamcast. I played it, I liked it, and I was like-"Wow, where has RE been all my life?"

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Started on ps1 version of resident evil 2. I remember getting a demo disc for it before its release in 97 i think when i was about 12 or 13. I also read a big magazine feature about it with the demo and was very excited. I remember getting a random man in the gameshop to buy it for me when it finally came out as thats what we used to do . Was hooked from then on! I also had Re3 on ps1 and ps2 . when i had that later, and Code V on Dreamcast too. I had re4 on ps2 but never completed it. I now have re4, 5, and 6 on xbox, revelations and mercenaries on 3ds, and Re3 on my smart phone. :) I'm a big re fan. I really want some of the action figures but they are SO expensive it is ridiculous.

BioRAT

Collector
My brother showed me the 2nd movie when I was 11 and then the first movie. My other brother then told me that it was based on a game that he played when he was little so he showed it to me, then we played re4 and I just fell in love with the games so we played all of them. If it wasn't for my brothers I would have never known this game existed.

SIG_Lover

Leis gach deagh dhùrachd.
One day, I walked in on my dad and my uncle playing Resident Evil 1, and I sat there until about one in the morning. I played RE1-3, then stopped until about 6 months ago, and now I've got most of the games. :)

Fenris

Wolf :)
I borrowed Resident Evil 4 from a friend because I ran out of videogames to play. I bought RE4 myself then I became more interested in the franchise and bought RE2 and then he other games time after time.

Nemesis Type-2

I discovered Resident Evil all thanks to my older sister. She got RE1 it for my 6th birthday thinking that I wouldn't like it and think it was too scary, so then she'd get to play it. Boy was she ever wrong. She created a monster needless to say and ever since then I have been all about the RE series as well as pretty much anything to do with zombies. :D

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I first started playing Resident Evil when I was six. My brother had been given 2 and 3 on PS1 from my cousin. We used to invite friends over, and we would all play RE3 together. We would be playing along and then all of a sudden Nemesis would jump out, and we'd all scream.:p Then I decided to play on my own... It gave me nightmares, but I loved it. :p

Top Bottom