• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

how did you discovered resident evil?

VeCtOr

Umbrella Security Service operative
well how did you discovered the game? i mean... i discovered it because a neighbor made me play re3 the first time when i was a kid, i simply loved it so i did had to get all other ones for the ps1!
so how did you discovered it for the first time ^^

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I really don't remember...It's one of those things that's just...Always been there...I do remember when I became OBSESSED though, was pulling an all nighter with my best friend Clay, and playing/beating REmake...

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Watching my friend destroy the tyrant in Remake
Then i asked if i could play he let me and i played the whole thing through in one go i was 10

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
I had rented it because the box art looked bad ass. It was of Chris on the cover with the shotgun. I had no idea what it was about. It scared the hell outta me because I was only 8 in '96, but I couldn't put it down. I've been hooked ever since.

Aleck

Biohazard
I was living in San Antonio at the time. I went to visit my family out of town and my cousin was playing Resident Evil 2 as Leon....i was intrigued to say the least. I even recall where he was at when I first saw it. It was the lab underground where you bump into Annette and then the emergency sirens go off. He let me play it whenever he was tired or wasnt around, pretty soon i got hooked - which sucked because I didnt own a Playstation. To my surprise, they released it for N64 and I bought it as soon as I could. I was obsessed. I would even turn the lights off in the house to really get into the atmosphere. I'm hardcore and awesome like that.

It would be almost ten years later before I enjoyed the other games such as RE4, 3, and Zero and Code Veronica. Code Veronica was hard and I sold it after sometime. Then last year I bought a PS2 and bought it for 6 dollars, a steal really, and I beat it. With a walkthrough....but that doesnt mean I didnt enjoy it any less. ;)

REmake was by far the most frightening along with RE4. I love those games.

svp

I played Remake...It was the first video game I ever played. I was 11 and I was afraid of it as soon as I put it in the GC. My sister and I would watch my dad as he sat there and played it in the dark basement. He was like 40 at the time and he never wanted to play alone. every time we quit the game, I would be the first one up the stairs because I was afraid a zombie was going to eat me. lol

Doom guy

Grade one Hunter slayer
My mum and dad borrowed Resident Evil 2 not long after it came out from a friend, We got to the Police Station and then after that, we had no idea what to do, so we got stuck. The year later, when Resident evil 3 came out, I brought that brand new.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Well, I decided one day to write a script about a group of cops that get trapped in a mansion overrun by zombies. Then I brought my game idea to EA games and they were like 'yoooo, this game already happened, it's called Resident Evil' and I was like 'dammmmnnnnn, I wanna know who stole my idears' so I bought the game and played it and despite the fact they stole my idea I liked it kind of and now I moderate a Resident Evil forum.

TYLERDM94

The White Wolf
I went over to my uncles house when I was around six and he was playing resident evil 2 and I thought it was awesome so I continued to watch

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Well, I decided one day to write a script about a group of cops that get trapped in a mansion overrun by zombies. Then I brought my game idea to EA games and they were like 'yoooo, this game already happened, it's called Resident Evil' and I was like 'dammmmnnnnn, I wanna know who stole my idears' so I bought the game and played it and despite the fact they stole my idea I liked it kind of and now I moderate a Resident Evil forum.
I had a similar idea...But it involved Dinosaurs...

Doom guy

Grade one Hunter slayer

So did I, but mine involved a man called Harry looking for his Daughter in a deserted town.

Hoady

My mate and i wanted to play a horror game and rented out Resident Evil 0, can't remember how we chose it, must've been 12-13 or so. After experiencing the tightest butthole ever recorded, i've been into Resi.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
My friend Michael had all the Resident Evil games and I used to watch him play them all the time, It wasn't until a couple of years ago when I borrowed Resident Evil 2 from my step-brother, that I started playing them.

Genie

I bought RE2 by accident when I was like 8.
There's one store in my hometown that sells and trades used games. I was meant to trade my game to "Batman of The Future: Return of the Joker" but when I went home and I opened it, there was RE2 Disc 1 inside!? XD Because I was so young, you could only make it into the Kendo Gun Shop :'D

Aleck

Biohazard
I bought RE2 by accident when I was like 8.
There's one store in my hometown that sells and trades used games. I was meant to trade my game to "Batman of The Future: Return of the Joker" but when I went home and I opened it, there was RE2 Disc 1 inside!? XD Because I was so young, you could only make it into the Kendo Gun Shop :'D

That sucks, but at least you became a fan of the series. Resident Evil 2 was just awesome the first time around. That one and Resident Evil 1(remake) and Resident Evil 4. Those are great gaming experiences that make you feel as though you're part of a horror movie. I love all the games, though not equally.

Resident Evil 4 ranks as my number 1, because it marries both the horror and the fast paced action perfectly. In my opinion anyway. I wouldn't have minded a mention of Claire by Ada and Leon at some point, just as an homage to them being connected through RE2, but it was a great game regardless.

Resident Evil 2 comes in second. I think it's better than the first game because it's more relatable as far as environment goes and it has three vulnerable characters we can identify with in some ways. Leon, Claire and Sherry. They're all lost and confused and just trying to survive in one piece. The horror adventure brought the three of them closer together and they're by far my favorite characters in the series. Well maybe Sherry not as much...

Others I rank below these two are Resident Evil 1 (remake), Resident Evil Code Veronica (hardest), Resident Evil 5 (wraps up the Chris/Wesker/Jill story nicely), and Resident Evil Zero.

Below these, I really enjoyed the Outbreak Files - it took a while to get into them and after I did warm up to them, they were a lot of fun. I know they're all just meant to be every day people trying to escape, but I wouldn't mind them making little cameos here and there throughout the series. Doesn't matter which one because other than Yoko, I don't like one better than the other.

Probably my least favorite is Resident Evil 3 Nemesis. I like the game, but it just feels like it drags along and although it introduces the Nemesis, it's not as groundbreaking or impactful as RE2 was for me. There's no new ground covered or anything. It's more of an expansion of RE2 really. You're just playing different characters and I really like Jill by the way. I vaguely recall passing the game, and it took me a long time simply because I was debating whether to finish it or not. Being the die hard RE fan that I am, I decided to complete it eventually. ;)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Probably my least favorite is Resident Evil 3 Nemesis. I like the game, but it just feels like it drags along and although it introduces the Nemesis, it's not as groundbreaking or impactful as RE2 was for me. There's no new ground covered or anything. It's more of an expansion of RE2 really. You're just playing different characters and I really like Jill by the way. I vaguely recall passing the game, and it took me a long time simply because I was debating whether to finish it or not. Being the die hard RE fan that I am, I decided to complete it eventually. ;)
I have to disagree here...Respectfully of course...I believe RE3 was just groundbreaking as RE2...RE2 gave us a TASTE of the city, but by RE3 we get to FULLY explore it...And on top of that, we get two see even MORE of the tyranny that is Umbrella than in EITHER of the previous title...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Well if you put it that way, I guess I was a bit harsh on RE3. My mistake.
No way man...People are entitled to their own opinions...If you didn't think so, you didn't think so...I was just sayin' why I disagree lol...

Metal

when re2 demo came out on a ps demo disc.. it had a 14min trial on it, and i played that thing for hours, eventuly i begged my mum to buy me the full game. i actully sh*t myself when the tyrent burst through the wall.. and ever since that moment or terror.. i have been hooked. ahhh good times

Top Bottom