• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 E3

wayne

I really hope so tbh e3 is the perfect time for it to be announced and im still holding onto the fact that the rumors say 7 is going to be announced at e3 and 0 wasnt, we know a resident evil will probably be announced at e3 but i hope its not 0 otherwise why announce it today lol

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
I think the rumor of RE7 being released this year came from digital games analyst SuperData, they predicted that COD black ops 3 and a "major" RE tittle would be released this year. Well so far they got one correct which is black ops 3 to be released this year but I'm not sure if this "major" RE tittle is 0HD because Zero Remaster isn't really considered major release right. We'll just have to wait till E3 I guess.

EDIT:
the link from page 1 has been edited, now it says that RE0 is confirmed to appear. So this pretty much eliminates RE7 from E3? maybe, but 0HD is incorrectly listed as "(PC, PS4, Xbox One)" release they didn't add last-gen consoles so again anything related to RE7 just still might be at E3.

Last edited:

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
Where did you hear that? Is it just from the rumors that are all over the internet? I remember reading that capcom would consider remaking it if there was enough fan support and back last year i think when alyson tweeted that we are the best fan base ever and that shed be in touch soon? Maybe the resident evil at e3 is the resident evil 2 remake :)
I don't quite remember where, but I think they said something like Capcom will release more older RE titles in HD quality or something like that. I just read that somewhere on the internet a few days ago.

N7Valentine

Pretty sure RE7 will be announced at E3 this year. 3 years already passed! Maybe it won't be released this year, but next year for sure. All I hope is they do the right decision...

N7Valentine

Something I've just been thinking. When the REmake Remaster was announced, a month later we got the news of Revelations 2. Also, Lost In Nightmares was finally made available to PC. These two old games had two key characters for Revelations 2: Barry in REmake and the reference to Alex in Lost In Nightmares. Barry hadn't been seen in a game for a long time and Alex was only mentioned in files in DLC, so some fans wouldn't have heard of them.

We've just had the announcement for RE0. E3 is in one month, with RE7 rumoured to feature. Could Rebecca play a role?

I understand Rebecca was in the REmaster too, but this might be a way for fans who don't know that much about her to become more familiar with her.

This is literally just a theory I've come up with so don't take it seriously. I just thought it's something fun to discuss. :)
That's a theory I can get behind :)

wayne

i still think resident evil 7 will be announced like someone said resident evil 0 isnt really considered a major title and the rumours where that a resident evil game would be announced at e3 where as 0 has just been announced so theres still hope

N7Valentine

i still think resident evil 7 will be announced like someone said resident evil 0 isnt really considered a major title and the rumours where that a resident evil game would be announced at e3 where as 0 has just been announced so theres still hope
Yep. That's what I think as well.

wayne

Yep. That's what I think as well.

guess we will just have to wait and see e3 is on like 2/3 weeks so not that long even if its not announced then i still have rise of the tomb raider, uncharted 4 and 123 remastered and resident evil 0 so not a complete loss :)

N7Valentine

guess we will just have to wait and see e3 is on like 2/3 weeks so not that long even if its not announced then i still have rise of the tomb raider, uncharted 4 and 123 remastered and resident evil 0 so not a complete loss :)
Funny I'm waiting for the same games as you do xD Rise of the Tomb Raider, Uncharted 4, RE etc. add to that Mass Effect and Fallout 4 ;)

Hopefully Rise of the Tomb Raider will be released on PS4 soon. I was pretty mad when they announced it being an xbox exclusive title, but thankfully it's only timed-exclusive :D

Scrumpeh

Sleepy Person
Premium
So, apparently the genres for the games Capcom is going to show is as follows:

Three action titles
Three adventure titles
and one fighting/wrestling title.

Three games are for the PS4

Two are for PC

Another two for the Xbox One.

Last edited:

wayne

So, apparently the genres for the games Capcom is going to show is as follows:

Three action titles
Three adventure titles
and one fighting/wrestling title.

Three games are for the PS4

Two are for PC

Another two for the Xbox One.

A new resident evil has to be one of them! If it is i will actually marry capcom!

Scrumpeh

Sleepy Person
Premium
A new resident evil has to be one of them! If it is i will actually marry capcom!
Most definitely. My only problem is that if there IS a Resident Evil, it's most likely listed under "Action". Now don't get me wrong, I don't HATE the idea of action in a Resident Evil, but there was way too much of it in 6 for me.

wayne

Most definitely. My only problem is that if there IS a Resident Evil, it's most likely listed under "Action". Now don't get me wrong, I don't HATE the idea of action in a Resident Evil, but there was way too much of it in 6 for me.

Maybe but if capcom are smart theyll know how well remake and rev 2 sold and theyll make 7 scary.... hell not even scary i didnt find rev2 scary but it was suspenful jumpy especially the way alex sounded when she mutated* oh god that scream at the end of ep 3* that did creep me out a bit as good as rev2 was imagine what it would of been if it was a high budget game

Scrumpeh

Sleepy Person
Premium
Maybe but if capcom are smart theyll know how well remake and rev 2 sold and theyll make 7 scary.... hell not even scary i didnt find rev2 scary but it was suspenful jumpy especially the way alex sounded when she mutated* oh god that scream at the end of ep 3* that did creep me out a bit as good as rev2 was imagine what it would of been if it was a high budget game
That's exactly it: They did really well with Revelations 2, they should basically just build off of that.

Scrumpeh

Sleepy Person
Premium
My only hope is that if it does appear at e3 is jill and claire as the main characters im dying to find out what happened to jill after africa
I've got a pretty good feeling that she's going to be in this one. We haven't seen her in a main game since 5, and that was quite a while ago.

wayne

I've got a pretty good feeling that she's going to be in this one. We haven't seen her in a main game since 5, and that was quite a while ago.

Yup and think every single main character in resident evil has been in the last 2 games but jill so she really has to be in 7 but i want her and claire to meet in 7 since leon and chris met in 7.... i wonder if jill and claire know each other

Scrumpeh

Sleepy Person
Premium
Yup and think every single main character in resident evil has been in the last 2 games but jill so she really has to be in 7 but i want her and claire to meet in 7 since leon and chris met in 7.... i wonder if jill and claire know each other
I'm sure Claire knows OF Jill, and vice-versa. Chris has more than likely told Jill about Claire, and Claire about Jill.
But them meeting would be great!

wayne

I'm sure Claire knows OF Jill, and vice-versa. Chris has more than likely told Jill about Claire, and Claire about Jill.
But them meeting would be great!

You never know i just hope that jill has her julia voth face and alyson court is back for claire that tweet she did on twitter a while back dropped a big hint she was working on something

Top Bottom