• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 E3

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
Whatever happens with RE7... im still gunna be smashing batman arkham knight next week! Capcom, take your time, make the best game you've ever made cuz im gunna be busy for a while lil
-IVE GOT BATMAN AND DEVIL MAY CRY 4 S.E THE SAME DAY!!!

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Is it just me or are Rebecca's eyes huge now?

tumblr_nq5ymfVCCu1uugwp4o2_540.png

Anyway in the RE0 HD stream they really hinted at TGS. So I'm betting we'll see something new there.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I dont really understand why it would be hard for them to do, they already proved that they can do it with revelations 2. All they have to do is do it like the remake make it pretty much the same as resident evil 2 on ps1 just make it look like todays standards, add a few new areas like the remake, no over the shoulder gameplay, ALYSON COURT AS CLAIRE CAPCOM!! They could also add in 3 and maybe do it as one game.... play as jill right up till she gets infected and then play as leon as claire and then back to jill again. Can you imagine how well that would sell if it was done right.
It's not that it WOULD be that hard for them. It's that it COULD be that hard for them.

1. It's more expensive than RE0 and REmake.

2. Since it's more expensive, it's a larger risk.

3. They have to balance fan demands with what is ACTUALLY feasible and find a way to try and **** as little people off as possible.

4. RE2 is often considered the best game in the series, and it could cause some backlash if not done to fans specifications.

5. Every single little detail has to be redone. You can't use the same engine as the original. You can't use the same audio. Granted, all of this goes back to the financial aspect of point one, but it costs THOUSANDS in simply voice acting alone...Let alone music composition, detailing the environments, updating the engine to run smoothly on modern tech.

There is so much more when building a game from the ground up than there is when just touching up older games...

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Well Resident Evil was at E3. They didn't lie.... Resident Evil 0 was at their E3 booth -_-

I was hoping to see Resident Evil 7 myself. It would be about damn time given the fact the game was in development before RE6 was released. Though that was when Capcom thought that an annual release for the series was a good idea and quickly scrapped it due to negative reaction of 6. I'm glad they are going quality over quantity and I have a good feeling about 7. I think it'll be a soft reboot like 4 was and hopefully the development time is worth the wait. I think a few minds will be blown.

I was still disappointed that the game was revealed my it made my Resident Evil 7 E3 speculation posts look bad. Gah, I hope my theory is still right though! ^.^ Regardless I should have known that we would NOT see Resident Evil 7 at E3. Why? BECAUSE IT'S E3! Capcom almost always (if not always) reveals their major Resident Evil debuts at TGS! Also this year is supposed to mark the big return of TGS and even Sony is hosting a major press conference for it. Yoshida even stated that they held back some games from E3 for TGS 2015. Plus this is possible because there is evidence (call it a rumor if you will) that a major numbered title for a Resident Evil game is set to be released on October 25th 2015. That date is only a month after TGS. Why Capcom wants to do a last minute reveal is unknown, but if they are doing this. The game better be damn epic! Ugh I still get this funny feeling that Resident Evil 7 is going to be so amazing that it's going to blow all of the recent entries out of the water (except Rev 2). =D

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
Allright gamescom is over and there wasn't any mention about RE at all, so TGS might have something possibly announcement of remake of 2 or RE 7. Slim chance I guess but who knows.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Allright gamescom is over and there wasn't any mention about RE at all, so TGS might have something possibly announcement of remake of 2 or RE 7. Slim chance I guess but who knows.

I don't know why you ever thought it would be at Gamescom. There is no way in hell that Capcom would show it of there. Japanese companies have an almost non-existent presence there. Capcom has mainly revealed Resident Evil games at TGS in the past but over the past 5 or so years TGS has become a very insignificant event as they became smaller and smaller. Last generation Japanese gaming companies didn't do so hot (unless your name was Nintendo), this generation is the complete opposite. You will be pleased to know that TGS is also back and is going to be the biggest TGS in a long time! I am confident to the point that I am WILLING to make a bet that we will see something Resident Evil related at TGS hands down. I think we may see something regarding 7 and/or whatever that Umbrella Corps trademark is. I'll also bet that we'll see more **** on the RE0 HD re-release.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
Allright so Capcom's TGS lineup will only have one RE game which is Zero HD, but again who knows perhaps we might see a little sneak peek of RE 2 Remake or possibly RE 7.

http://www.nintendo-insider.com/2015/08/19/capcom-confirm-tokyo-game-show-2015-lineup/

I am confident to the point that I am WILLING to make a bet that we will see something Resident Evil related at TGS hands down. I think we may see something regarding 7 and/or whatever that Umbrella Corps trademark is. I'll also bet that we'll see more **** on the RE0 HD re-release.
Yes I'm hoping the same thing too.

black 93

Allright so Capcom's TGS lineup will only have one RE game which is Zero HD, but again who knows perhaps we might see a little sneak peek of RE 2 Remake or possibly RE 7.

http://www.nintendo-insider.com/2015/08/19/capcom-confirm-tokyo-game-show-2015-lineup/

I hope we see something more than RE0 since thats old news now, but im not holding my breath for RE7. Iv been hyped up and disappointed for the past 2 e3's and TGS.

wayne

As much as i hate admit it, i doubt we will see anything of resident evil 2 remake at TGS or even this year. It only got announced a few weeks ago and they said they couldnt tell us anymore since it was in early stages of production.

You never know though maybe we might get a trailer or something.... Alysons tweet last year still makes me think she was working on something resident evil so maybe there further in production then they told, this capcom we're talking about here.

wayne

Does anyone think we will see resident evil 7 at TGS?? maybe even resident evil 2 remake? Tho that one is doubhtful.

Ive heard countless times that resident evil 7 is in development and it must be since resident evil 6 came out almost 4 years ago now.

Fingers crossed i guess.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I sincerely doubt we'll see it at all this year. Especially now that they have confirmed they're remaking RE2.

black 93

Im not holding my breath, they say RE7 has been in development since before RE6 was even released yet they STILL havent shown a thing or even mentioned it, RE6 was 3 years ago next month, they've jumped on the hd remaster bandwagon and they're remaking RE2. At this point it wont surprise me if an RE3 remake comes first or if RE7 isnt even in development yet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom