• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom Going Bankrupt

Turo602

The King of Kings
But it's NOT an opinion that NO other companies are getting blamed here other than Capcom. I was the first, and so far ONLY person, to state the fact that other companies are doing the same business practices that people are accusing Capcom of being "Shady." That's why I stated it like I did. So that it would not be an opinion, but a fact. If you can find another post in this thread that points out other companies are doing these same practices, and they deserve equal blame as Capcom, then I'll shut up about the Opinion thing, but so far, I don't see anyone else mentioning it. And it IS worth mentioning. Capcom is getting Flack for a practice that other companies are just as guilty of.

When I said this.

Again, that's not for you to decide. That's your opinion, not everyone shares it. It matters because you've already payed for it.

I was referring to this.

But if the game DOESN'T benefit from it, then what's it matter if you have to pay for it?

I'm not debating against them not being the only ones, I'm sure they're not. But so far, you've only brought up Bethesda and Fallout 3. Capcom is still the worst offenders here, seeing as they have done it more than once and are ruining beloved franchises such as Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, and have even killed off Megaman. The problem with Capcom here isn't just DLC, it's much more than that. It's actually really sad to know that we live in a world were the knockoffs are being done right, meanwhile the originals are struggling to survive. The Evil Within is a really great substitute for Resident Evil fans who have been wanting survival horror, which is a Shinji Mikami game. Bayonetta, a Hideki Kamiya game is going through a bit of a misunderstanding with it's new home on the Wii U, but is yet another substitute for a Capcom franchise, Devil May Cry. And finally, Keiji Inafune's Mighty No. 9 is the most Megaman anyone is ever going to get, if Capcom doesn't give the fans what they want. Not only are these ex-Capcom employees stealing business from Capcom, they're rightfully doing so, seeing as Capcom hasn't been getting their stuff together lately.

L

Lurker
Anyway, you're not just going to dump all over me and expect us to be good by ending an insult with an apology. Instead of being butthurt, why don't you just own up to your misinterpretation and be done with this. You have been obviously jumping to conclusions because you feel I'm "attacking" your friend. Well guess what? If KennedyKiller has a problem with me, he can tell me. So far, we have just been discussing our thoughts on a subject. Not once have I insulted him the way you have insulted me.​
1buk111.png
Well, I did actually mean my apology, so there's that. I didn't want to insult you in any way at all, but there wasn't a way to put my words in a way that wasn't conceited or insulting, and I do mean that. I tried. As I said, I'd be willing to accept any objections you have to my post, and you had several, all of them valid. You won, for lack of better words.​

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
You're right. The only one I've brought up is Bethesda. It's because I figured that was one popular enough that everyone would be able to notice. If needed, later I'll site other sources, but we've pretty much stopped the Disk Locked Content argument, so...

But as far as ruining franchises? That's actually an opinion...I mean, it's been stated before, and if I absolutely NEED to post the statistics, I will, that the modern day games, RE4 and RE5 mostly, are actually what saved the series, seeing as the decline in sales for the originals was beginning to be an issue. A revamping was NEEDED. So I don't see how RE was ruined at all. I'm a fan of every game, my favorites being RE1, and RE4...Note how those two are completely different games. But after those, I gotta give it to RE6. And on pure story value alone, RE5 has been one of the greatest RE games out there, because it gave REAL closure to where the series started. Yes, it has issues like it being bright and sunny, and Sheva (Yes, Sheva is a HUGE issue).

DmC wasn't ruined either. Hell, I'd say they ruined it with DMC4 more than they did with DmC. Again, note that DMC4 is actually one of my favorites...I still have yet to be explained what was really SO bad about DmC. I will say TWO things about it. It was too easy, and it was too short. Those are my only real complaints. Storywise, Character wise, gameplay wise, and art wise, it felt a helluva lot like a true DMC game to me. It felt more like DMC3 (My favorite DMC Game) than DMC4 did. (DMC4 being my second favorite.)

As for Megaman, he's appearing in Super Smash Brothers U, so that's proof he wasn't forgotten about. I can't pretend to be a huge fan of Megaman, as I haven't played any of them extensively except the first one, so I'm not a true blue fan. What I can say though, is when a game series rakes in as much cash as Megaman, you can be willing to bet a company that thrives on money (That would be ALL companies BTW), is not going to shelve it completely. So I would trust any and all judgement calls they make, and look to the future. We need to quit focusing on the issues of the past, and look to the FUTURE. And to me..Without Capcom...Gaming has no future...It'll be up the the companies that make several lack luster games a year, like EA an Activision. No...I'll just keep playing Street Fighter II and Ghost N' Goblins on my SNES...

Turo602

The King of Kings
Well, I did actually mean my apology, so there's that. I didn't want to insult you in any way at all, but there wasn't a way to put my words in a way that wasn't conceited or insulting, and I do mean that. I tried. As I said, I'd be willing to accept any objections you have to my post, and you had several, all of them valid. You won, for lack of better words.

I find that hard to believe, considering you managed to get one last insult after your so called apology. So don't act like there wasn't a better way to get your point across. I actually find it most insulting that you choose to apologize after an insult. That's not how it works, and it doesn't fix anything. Anyway, I'm a big boy, so I'll accept your lame apology. Good day.

But as far as ruining franchises? That's actually an opinion...I mean, it's been stated before, and if I absolutely NEED to post the statistics, I will, that the modern day games, RE4 and RE5 mostly, are actually what saved the series, seeing as the decline in sales for the originals was beginning to be an issue. A revamping was NEEDED. So I don't see how RE was ruined at all. I'm a fan of every game, my favorites being RE1, and RE4...Note how those two are completely different games. But after those, I gotta give it to RE6. And on pure story value alone, RE5 has been one of the greatest RE games out there, because it gave REAL closure to where the series started. Yes, it has issues like it being bright and sunny, and Sheva (Yes, Sheva is a HUGE issue).

You're correct, it is an opinion, not one I necessarily share, but one shared by many. I'm not denying that RE4 saved a dying franchise. It did, but it's had both a great and terrible legacy. Even then, did Resident Evil 4 really have to abandon its roots to be successful? I hardly think so. Capcom set themselves up for failure by being exclusive with Nintendo. And at the time, the Gamecube wasn't as popular as the Xbox and Playstation 2. The hookman version of RE4 could have easily been reworked to be a proper Resident Evil game, but instead, they decided to appeal to the common easy going gamer. RE5 took this further with co-op as a selling point but completely ignored the series' roots and the fans. Now, because of even more poor business decisions, RE6 is seen as a failure to Capcom. It couldn't even manage sales records to that of RE5.

DmC wasn't ruined either. Hell, I'd say they ruined it with DMC4 more than they did with DmC. Again, note that DMC4 is actually one of my favorites...I still have yet to be explained what was really SO bad about DmC. I will say TWO things about it. It was too easy, and it was too short. Those are my only real complaints. Storywise, Character wise, gameplay wise, and art wise, it felt a helluva lot like a true DMC game to me. It felt more like DMC3 (My favorite DMC Game) than DMC4 did. (DMC4 being my second favorite.)

I haven't played DmC or DMC 4 yet, but I have a feeling I might just agree with you. Still, the fans have spoken out and the majority rules in this case, seeing as DmC couldn't meet sales expectations. I think I also read that another DmC game wouldn't be possible, although I don't know how true this is. I sure hope they make another one. DmC sure looked like a lot of fun.

As for Megaman, he's appearing in Super Smash Brothers U, so that's proof he wasn't forgotten about. I can't pretend to be a huge fan of Megaman, as I haven't played any of them extensively except the first one, so I'm not a true blue fan. What I can say though, is when a game series rakes in as much cash as Megaman, you can be willing to bet a company that thrives on money (That would be ALL companies BTW), is not going to shelve it completely. So I would trust any and all judgement calls they make, and look to the future. We need to quit focusing on the issues of the past, and look to the FUTURE. And to me..Without Capcom...Gaming has no future...It'll be up the the companies that make several lack luster games a year, like EA an Activision. No...I'll just keep playing Street Fighter II and Ghost N' Goblins on my SNES...

He is, but that doesn't fill the void of another Megaman game. I'm with you, I never really cared for Megaman, but hey, still something that people want that they're not getting. They didn't even include him in MvC 3. That's gotta be a middle finger to the fans, especially after canceling that one Megaman game that everybody cried about. I think it was Megaman Legends 3?

I don't doubt the return of Megaman, but at this point, nothing seems to be getting done, therefore, their fans have no reason to care. These issues of the past are issues of today, this is why Capcom is currently failing. And I highly doubt that gaming won't survive without Capcom... Plenty of other companies make great games. Activision and EA aren't the only guys in the market.

L

Lurker
I find that hard to believe, considering you managed to get one last insult after your so called apology. So don't act like there wasn't a better way to get your point across. I actually find it most insulting that you choose to apologize after an insult. That's not how it works, and it doesn't fix anything. Anyway, I'm a big boy, so I'll accept your lame apology. Good day.
You know what, whatever. You want to be an ass, good for you, but don't expect people to react kindly to it. I was trying to make this entire debate light-hearted, and you're taking it far too seriously.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
Resident Evil 4 saved the franchise, it gave it something new while retaining the Resident Evil atmosphere so it was still a RE game, however RE5 is what begun the killing of the franchise, it only sold well because of the success of RE4 and because it was the conclusion of the franchise, then when everyone finished it and some people realized how crap it was while some saw RE5 as the end of the franchise and swore of Resident Evil, so when RE6 came along and was marketed as Micheal Bay presents Resident Evil 6, is when the franchise finally felt the punch, most people hated the action, some people thought the franchise ended at 5 so 6 would just be a another "Finish the fight........later" game.
Resident Evil is indeed ruined, you can't say that making another action packed RE game with a badly thought out story is gonna be good for the franchise.

DmC destroyed Devil May Cry as well, it's not only the character redesign that fans hate, but just overall how dumbed down and easy the game is, I played on the hardest default difficulty for my first playthrough and it still felt like it was on easy, the gameplay mechanics are dumbed down to a level that insults the previous games gameplay.
Plus the boss battles are just awful, in the previous games the bosses acted like normal enemies where you needed to use the skills you learned against them for a challenging and rewarding experience, in DmC they are dumbed down badly to which they can easily be defeated by simply attacking a certain point with no skill needed.
Watch this video, it explains it perfectly:

As for Megaman, Capcom has failed Megaman fans too much and Megaman fans are going to Mighty No 9.

Capcom dying would be a great thing for the industry, as bad as it sounds, the industry NEEDS a crash, gaming compaines need to be set straight, Story driven games need to f**k off and games need to be innovated, not dumbed down.

Turo602

The King of Kings
You know what, whatever. You want to be an ass, good for you, but don't expect people to react kindly to it. I was trying to make this entire debate light-hearted, and you're taking it far too seriously.

Yes, I'm clearly the ass here. Forget that you insulted me multiple times for no damn reason and accused me of false behavior. Aren't I such a villain for not taking kindly to that...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
You're correct, it is an opinion, not one I necessarily share, but one shared by many. I'm not denying that RE4 saved a dying franchise. It did, but it's had both a great and terrible legacy. Even then, did Resident Evil 4 really have to abandon its roots to be successful? I hardly think so. Capcom set themselves up for failure by being exclusive with Nintendo. And at the time, the Gamecube wasn't as popular as the Xbox and Playstation 2. The hookman version of RE4 could have easily been reworked to be a proper Resident Evil game, but instead, they decided to appeal to the common easy going gamer. RE5 took this further with co-op as a selling point but completely ignored the series' roots and the fans. Now, because of even more poor business decisions, RE6 is seen as a failure to Capcom. It couldn't even manage sales records to that of RE5.
It being on the Gamecube didn't seem to hurt it at ALL considering it's one of the best selling games of all time, and the Gamecube game ALONE won several awards, INCLUDING game of the year (Will post stats if needed). So yea, I'd say they did something right with it. As for the Hookman version..we will never know, but considering how that game was going to end, I guarantee that it would have wronged fans ten times more than RE6 has, seeing as they were going to kill off Leon in the end, who is, (And this part is debatable) the most popular RE character in the franchise. Also, I wouldn't say RE5 ignored the series roots at ALL considering story wise it went STRAIGHT to the roots. The origins of the Progenitor Virus, the downfall of Wesker and Spencer, the bringing back of Lickers, and Chris as the main hero.

I haven't played DmC or DMC 4 yet, but I have a feeling I might just agree with you. Still, the fans have spoken out and the majority rules in this case, seeing as DmC couldn't meet sales expectations. I think I also read that another DmC game wouldn't be possible, although I don't know how true this is. I sure hope they make another one. DmC sure looked like a lot of fun.
You really should play DMC4 and DmC. They are both great games, and I think you'd enjoy them. They're both just like the first three...Granted DMC4 doesn't STAR Dante...He's in it, but not the Star...Nero (The main character) can be a whinny little b*tch, but he's still ok...

He is, but that doesn't fill the void of another Megaman game. I'm with you, I never really cared for Megaman, but hey, still something that people want that they're not getting. They didn't even include him in MvC 3. That's gotta be a middle finger to the fans, especially after canceling that one Megaman game that everybody cried about. I think it was Megaman Legends 3?

I don't doubt the return of Megaman, but at this point, nothing seems to be getting done, therefore, their fans have no reason to care. These issues of the past are issues of today, this is why Capcom is currently failing. And I highly doubt that gaming won't survive without Capcom... Plenty of other companies make great games. Activision and EA aren't the only guys in the market.

Yes, Megaman Legends 3 was the one they cancelled. And nothing SEEMS to be getting done, but patience is a virtue. I'd rather wait 6 years for one badass game (In the case Megaman game if I were a Megaman fan) rather than get 6 really shoddy ones one year at a time.

Resident Evil 4 saved the franchise, it gave it something new while retaining the Resident Evil atmosphere so it was still a RE game, however RE5 is what begun the killing of the franchise, it only sold well because of the success of RE4 and because it was the conclusion of the franchise, then when everyone finished it and some people realized how crap it was while some saw RE5 as the end of the franchise and swore of Resident Evil, so when RE6 came along and was marketed as Micheal Bay presents Resident Evil 6, is when the franchise finally felt the punch, most people hated the action, some people thought the franchise ended at 5 so 6 would just be a another "Finish the fight........later" game.
Resident Evil is indeed ruined, you can't say that making another action packed RE game with a badly thought out story is gonna be good for the franchise.
If you're such a story expert, what makes the story to RE6 so bad. Please, enlighten me. Because seeing the events that started in RE1, this seems like a perfect example of what would happen 15 year later, after a virus of such caliber has hit the black market. You can bet something liket his would happen, and in a realistic sense, the kind of response that was given is the kind the world would have. People would be running and jumping over obstacles to get out of the path of raging monsters...SWAT teams much like the BSAA would be called into action with automatic weapons to counter the threat...So what makes this game so bad when you look at it in a realistic sense comparatively with the also realistic REmake...

DmC destroyed Devil May Cry as well, it's not only the character redesign that fans hate, but just overall how dumbed down and easy the game is, I played on the hardest default difficulty for my first playthrough and it still felt like it was on easy, the gameplay mechanics are dumbed down to a level that insults the previous games gameplay.
Plus the boss battles are just awful, in the previous games the bosses acted like normal enemies where you needed to use the skills you learned against them for a challenging and rewarding experience, in DmC they are dumbed down badly to which they can easily be defeated by simply attacking a certain point with no skill needed.
Watch this video, it explains it perfectly:
I've already stated in another post, yes, I think this game was a little too easy, but guess what, if that's the ONLY issue with this game...The simplicity, then, they didn't do TOO bad of a job. Besides, looks who's talking about Simplicity. Your favorite games are the Duke Nukem games...Let me tell you, I've played every Duke Nukem game out there, and while they're good, they're about as simple as it gets. So don't trash DmC for simplicity, when Duke Nukem is NO better...And like I said...I like Duke Nukem...But I can be HONEST about the games I like...

As for Megaman, Capcom has failed Megaman fans too much and Megaman fans are going to Mighty No 9.

Capcom dying would be a great thing for the industry, as bad as it sounds, the industry NEEDS a crash, gaming compaines need to be set straight, Story driven games need to f**k off and games need to be innovated, not dumbed down.

What do you mean story driven games need to f*ck off? Are you insane? CoD and Battlefield are NOT story driven games, and THOSE are what are controlling the market. RE is one of the very few story driven games left. I haven't trashed Halo because UNLIKE CoD and Battlefield it has a story that's actually WORTH a damn. It took 3 full f*cking games for Master Chief to have any character development, but he finally did. And why even play a game if you're not gonna get enthralled in the story? If not it just becomes a simple game, and last I checked, you're over here b*tching about simplicity. Seriously dude...Think...

xMobilemux

If you're such a story expert, what makes the story to RE6 so bad. Please, enlighten me. Because seeing the events that started in RE1, this seems like a perfect example of what would happen 15 year later, after a virus of such caliber has hit the black market. You can bet something liket his would happen, and in a realistic sense, the kind of response that was given is the kind the world would have. People would be running and jumping over obstacles to get out of the path of raging monsters...SWAT teams much like the BSAA would be called into action with automatic weapons to counter the threat...So what makes this game so bad when you look at it in a realistic sense comparatively with the also realistic REmake...
Because it's not what the franchise is supposed to be, Resident Evil is suffering an identity crisis because of that and it has royally hurt the franchise. At least in RE5 the action worked with the story to fight Wesker and end the horror forever, then RE6 came along with another "We thought we survived the horror......but we were wrong" came along with all that Micheal Bay crap.

I've already stated in another post, yes, I think this game was a little too easy, but guess what, if that's the ONLY issue with this game...The simplicity, then, they didn't do TOO bad of a job. Besides, looks who's talking about Simplicity. Your favorite games are the Duke Nukem games...Let me tell you, I've played every Duke Nukem game out there, and while they're good, they're about as simple as it gets. So don't trash DmC for simplicity, when Duke Nukem is NO better...And like I said...I like Duke Nukem...But I can be HONEST about the games I like...
That's a very stupid comparison, the Duke Nukem franchise is all about the character, the games are multigenre, the games can be easy, hard, FPS, platformers, whatever, it doesn't matter, the games are all about the character, why do you think the entire franchise is named after him?
Devil May Cry however is all about it's gameplay AND it's character, both of which were dumbed down and ruined in DmC.

What do you mean story driven games need to f*ck off? Are you insane? CoD and Battlefield are NOT story driven games, and THOSE are what are controlling the market. RE is one of the very few story driven games yet. I haven't trashed Halo because UNLIKE CoD and Battlefield it has a story that's actually WORTH a damn. It took 3 full f*cking games for Master Chief to have any character development, but he finally did. And why even play a game if you're not gonna get enthralled in the story? If not it just becomes a simple game, and last I checked, you're over here b*tching about simplicity. Seriously dude...Think...

I meant to say Story driven reboots can f**k off.
Reboots that focus on the story are ALWAYS simplified, the worst that I've played was Tomb Raider 2013, a franchise I played for it's great adventures, enemy variety and awesome character. But all those things are gone in the reboot, the enemies are generic humans with some wolves here and there, dumbed down gameplay, easy as f**k puzzles and Lara is now a complete whiner.
Franchises like Halo were created to be story driven, Tomb Raider and Devil May Cry were not, just like Resident Evil was created to be a survival horror game, not a Micheal Bay movie.
The only game franchise I consider to be doing story and gameplay well, is the Metal Gear Solid series, MGS5 is going open world and looks to have a great story.
And why even play a game if you're not gonna get enthralled in the story?
Because I PLAY games for GAMEPLAY, not story.
If I want a good story, I'll read a book or watch a movie, if I want a great story in a game, I'll play a game in a franchise that was created to be story driven.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Because it's not what the franchise is supposed to be, Resident Evil is suffering an identity crisis because of that and it has royally hurt the franchise. At least in RE5 the action worked with the story to fight Wesker and end the horror forever, then RE6 came along with another "We thought we survived the horror......but we were wrong" came along with all that Micheal Bay crap.

That's a very stupid comparison, the Duke Nukem franchise is all about the character, the games are multigenre, the games can be easy, hard, FPS, platformers, whatever, it doesn't matter, the games are all about the character, why do you think the entire franchise is named after him?
Devil May Cry however is all about it's gameplay AND it's character, both of which were dumbed down and ruined in DmC.

I meant to say Story driven reboots can f**k off.
Reboots that focus on the story are ALWAYS simplified, the worst that I've played was Tomb Raider 2013, a franchise I played for it's great adventures, enemy variety and awesome character. But all those things are gone in the reboot, the enemies are generic humans with some wolves here and there, dumbed down gameplay, easy as f**k puzzles and Lara is now a complete whiner.
Franchises like Halo were created to be story driven, Tomb Raider and Devil May Cry were not, just like Resident Evil was created to be a survival horror game, not a Micheal Bay movie.
The only game franchise I consider to be doing story and gameplay well, is the Metal Gear Solid series, MGS5 is going open world and looks to have a great story.

Because I PLAY games for GAMEPLAY, not story.
If I want a good story, I'll read a book or watch a movie, if I want a great story in a game, I'll play a game in a franchise that was created to be story driven.

But RE and DMC are created to be story driven. They wouldn't have this many sequels all expanding on the same story otherwise. RE is one of the most story driven games out there. And Duke Nukem is a simple comparison because anyway you slice it, it's simple game. My granny is a bigger gamer than me, and you know how she got into Video Games...Duke Nukem..It's probably a pretty simple game when a 65 year old lady uses that particular series to get into gaming. In fact she GRADUATED to Ratchet and Clank after beating 3 Duke Nukem games within about a week...Games need to evolve and change as the times do...RE as it was in the golden age would NOT sell today, so saying it needs to be all about Survival Horror is just tom foolery. It's what YOU would like, but not what would WORK with the modern age of gaming. As for Tomb Raider...I never like Tomb Raider to begin with, and I always thought Lara Croft was a weak character...That being said you're the very first person I've ever heard complain about the new Tomb Raider...I've never played it...And never will...And gameplay is all well and good, but as I stated before, without a story, games are simple...So quit dogging simplicity since that's OBVIOUSLY what you want, proven by your love for Duke Nukem, and annoyance at story driven games...Oh, and as for Duke Nukem being about the character...All his character is is a video game version of Bruce Campbell...

xMobilemux

But RE and DMC are created to be story driven. They wouldn't have this man sequels all expanding on the same story otherwise. RE is one of the most story driven games out there. And Duke Nukem is a simple comparison because anyway you slice it, it's simple game. My granny is a bigger gamer than me, and you know how she got into Video Games...Duke Nukem..It's probably a pretty simple game when a 65 year old lady uses that particular series to get into gaming. In fact she GRADUATED to Ratchet and Clank after beating 3 Duke Nukem games within about a week...Games need to evolve and change as the times do...RE as it was in the golden age would NOT sell today, so saying it needs to be all about Survival Horror is just tom foolery. It's what YOU would like, but not what would WORK with the modern age of gaming. As for Tomb Raider...I never like Tomb Raider to begin with, and I always thought Lara Croft was a weak character...That being said you're the very first person I've ever heard complain about the new Tomb Raider...I've never played it...And never will...And gameplay is all well and good, but as I stated before, without a story, games are simple...So quit dogging simplicity since that's OBVIOUSLY what you want, proven by your love for Duke Nukem, and annoyance at story driven games...

No DMC was not created to be story driven, DMC was created as a gameplay focused franchise, the story was just there to justify the demon slaying. Resident Evil kinda is, but has now lost it's way.
Duke Nukem was always a simple franchise, no one ever played Duke Nukem expecting break your controller difficulty or a A+ story, everyone played Duke Nukem for Duke Nukem.
Devil May Cry fans played Devil May Cry for the gameplay and Dante, not the story.
Also what you say that's working in the modern age isn't working anymore, RE is dying, DmC is screwed and Capcom is going down.
Duke Nukem still has at least 3 guaranteed games on the way.

Yes without a story, games are simple, but games that focus entirely on their story, are way simpler.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
No DMC was not created to be story driven, DMC was created as a gameplay focused franchise, the story was just there to justify the demon slaying. Resident Evil kinda is, but has now lost it's way.
Duke Nukem was always a simple franchise, no one ever played Duke Nukem expecting break your controller difficulty or a A+ story, everyone played Duke Nukem for Duke Nukem.
Devil May Cry fans played Devil May Cry for the gameplay and Dante, not the story.
Also what you say that's working in the modern age isn't working anymore, RE is dying, DmC is screwed and Capcom is going down.
Duke Nukem still has at least 3 guaranteed games on the way.

Yes without a story, games are simple, but games that focus entirely on their story, are way simpler.

How can you say DMC is about gameplay...Have you even PLAYED the first DMC...The gameplay is just God AWFUL...And it's fantastic game...People play it for Dante I'll give you that...But who's Dante...A character in the story...And last I checked, DMC4 was a fantastic and WELL SELLING game, and it wasn't even about Dante...In fact it had VERY little Dante in it. No, DMC does have good and innovative gameplay, but it's not ABOUT gameplay. If it wasn't about story, how did it get it's own anime? A STORY DRIVEN anime. If it wasn't made for story, it would be called Minecraft. Much like all Capcom games...Megaman...RE...Street Fighter...Ghosts 'N Goblins...It's about story...All these games have a deep and excessive story that each games fills in just a tiny piece of a much grander puzzle. And I highly doubt RE is going down just because of RE6 (Which you still have yet to explain to me how the story is bad, and this makes my third time asking). It will just do what it did when the old ones started to go downhill sales wise, and change. And BTW, I'm one of those DMC fans you seem to know so much about, as is my old Roommate Sean and his ex-girlfriend Nikki...We ALL played it for the story...Just so you know.

xMobilemux

How can you say DMC is about gameplay...Have you even PLAYED the first DMC...The gameplay is just God AWFUL...And it's fantastic game...People play it for Dante I'll give you that...But who's Dante...A character in the story...And last I checked, DMC4 was a fantastic and WELL SELLING game, and it wasn't even about Dante...In fact it had VERY little Dante in it. No, DMC does have good and innovative gameplay, but it's not ABOUT gameplay. Much like all Capcom games...Megaman...RE...Street Fighter...Ghosts 'N Goblins...It's about story...All these games have a deep and excessive story that each games fills in just a tiny piece of a much grander puzzle. And I highly doubt RE is going down just because of RE6 (Which you still have yet to explain to me how the story is bad, and this makes my third time asking). It will just do what it did when the old ones started to go downhill sales wise, and change. And BTW, I'm one of those DMC fans you seem to know so much about, as is my old Roommate Sean and his ex-girlfriend Nikki...We ALL played it for the story...Just so you know.

Because Devil May Cry is all about the gameplay, the franchise is focused on the player getting well skilled at the guns and swords to fight the enemies, the story is just there, DMC is not ALL about the story, it just has a story.
I have already said why RE6s story sucks, it's turned it into a Micheal Bay movie, explosions, guns and more explosions, the franchise is suffering an identity crisis. If you want some story points that suck, Wesker's son is horrible, Ada being cloned was pathetic, Neo-Umbrella was cheap and didn't last long. The entire story of RE6 is "Simmons killed millions of people because he wanted to bang Ada and Ada said no", yeah GREAT story -_-

Street Fighter all about the story?

RE will change, it will be rebooted and be what it's supposed to be, it has no choice now, it either has to change or die, DMC has to return to form or die, Capcom has to get their s**t together or die.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Because Devil May Cry is all about the gameplay, the franchise is focused on the player getting well skilled at the guns and swords to fight the enemies, the story is just there, DMC is not ALL about the story, it just has a story.
I have already said why RE6s story sucks, it's turned it into a Micheal Bay movie, explosions, guns and more explosions, the franchise is suffering an identity crisis. If you want some story points that suck, Wesker's son is horrible, Ada being cloned was pathetic, Neo-Umbrella was cheap and didn't last long. The entire story of RE6 is "Simmons killed millions of people because he wanted to bang Ada and Ada said no", yeah GREAT story -_-

Street Fighter all about the story?

RE will change, it will be rebooted and be what it's supposed to be, it has no choice now, it either has to change or die, DMC has to return to form or die, Capcom has to get their s**t together or die.
You're obviously not a Street Fighter fan or you would know there is VERY extensive story to it. And just saying "It's a Michael Bay Movie" isn't explaining how a story is awful...In fact it's the opposite. It's avoiding the question and giving no details because you have no valid reasoning. "Wesker's son is horrible" is not a reason the story is awful...And how can you say that, when he as about as much personality as Duke Nukem...How is Ada being cloned pathetic...That's technology we have NOW...Hell, technology we've had since the 90's...So how is THAT pathetic? II Veltro didn't last long either, but RE: Revelations has quickly become one of the most renowned RE games out there. Again, if it's ALL about the Gameplay, then why did it get an anime...Anime is made to be watched...to get you enthralled in the story...And why do you keep blaming Capcom for DmC anyway, when they aren't actually even the ones that made it...

xMobilemux

I'm not a Street Fighter fan, but I know damn well that a FIGHTING game is not all about the story, AGAIN, the story is JUST THERE. Street Fighter is not a story driven franchise, it's a fighting franchise.
Just like I know Forza Motorsport is a racing game, not a story focused game.

Revelations is considered the best RE yet because it combines a good story with the GAMEPLAY that Resident Evil should have, no don't go using the "it's still a 3rd person shooter" excuse, it has the slow, creepy setting, the exploration, finding keys, solving puzzles and what not. RE6 was just a straight forward shoot em up trying to get the CoD numbers, Capcom confirmed it. The story of RE6 was a new random villain who killed millions of people because he wanted to get in Ada's pants and Ada rejected him, that's a story that should be in a Duke Nukem game.

Capcom are fully to blame on DmC, when Ninja Theory got the license, they at first were going to make a game that was more true to DMC, but Capcom forced them to change it more and dumb it down.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I'm not a Street Fighter fan, but I know damn well that a FIGHTING game is not all about the story, AGAIN, the story is JUST THERE. Street Fighter is not a story driven franchise, it's a fighting franchise.
Just like I know Forza Motorsport is a racing game, not a story focused game.

Revelations is considered the best RE yet because it combines a good story with the GAMEPLAY that Resident Evil should have, no don't go using the "it's still a 3rd person shooter" excuse, it has the slow, creepy setting, the exploration, finding keys, solving puzzles and what not. RE6 was just a straight forward shoot em up trying to get the CoD numbers, Capcom confirmed it. The story of RE6 was a new random villain who killed millions of people because he wanted to get in Ada's pants and Ada rejected him, that's a story that should be in a Duke Nukem game.

Capcom are fully to blame on DmC, when Ninja Theory got the license, they at first were going to make a game that was more true to DMC, but Capcom forced them to change it more and dumb it down.

You obviously don't know, or you wouldn't be saying it. Street Fighter is VERY story driven. You're just too set in your ways to realize it. I pride myself on trying not to talk about subjects I truly know nothing about. Like the new Tomb Raider game. Notice how I didn't share any of my own feelings, opinions, or knowledge about that when you brought it up. It's because I have none cause I know nothing about it. How the game is played has NO correlation with whether it's story driven or not. The depth of the story and development of the characters are what make it story driven. And DmC IS still true to DMC...And Revelations is good, but RE6 is better...Story wise at least...And all it did was serve my point to rebuttal your claims that the enemy can be short lived if it still works...In the case of Tricell, Neo-Umbrella, and II Veltro...

Also, as far as Street Fighter not being story driven...It had an anime season, 2 animated movies, and 2 lives action movies...Ya...SO not story driven...

Turo602

The King of Kings
It being on the Gamecube didn't seem to hurt it at ALL considering it's one of the best selling games of all time, and the Gamecube game ALONE won several awards, INCLUDING game of the year (Will post stats if needed). So yea, I'd say they did something right with it. As for the Hookman version..we will never know, but considering how that game was going to end, I guarantee that it would have wronged fans ten times more than RE6 has, seeing as they were going to kill off Leon in the end, who is, (And this part is debatable) the most popular RE character in the franchise. Also, I wouldn't say RE5 ignored the series roots at ALL considering story wise it went STRAIGHT to the roots. The origins of the Progenitor Virus, the downfall of Wesker and Spencer, the bringing back of Lickers, and Chris as the main hero.

Being on Gamecube hindered its sales. I'm not saying RE4 was a bad game, but I don't see how winning awards has to do with the fact that it could have been a better survival horror game. Um, that was only one draft of the story. The game was meant to wrap up the entire series because sales weren't as good as before, but they ended up saving it with a much more action oriented formula. I guess that's why the story ended up being mostly pointless. Also, RE5's story has nothing to do with the roots of the series being survival horror.

You really should play DMC4 and DmC. They are both great games, and I think you'd enjoy them. They're both just like the first three...Granted DMC4 doesn't STAR Dante...He's in it, but not the Star...Nero (The main character) can be a whinny little b*tch, but he's still ok...

I don't think I'm gonna like Nero if he's a whiny bitch. I already had enough trouble with Dante's attitude in DMC 3, It's one of the reasons I don't like Jake Muller in RE6. Personally, my favorite of the DMC games is the original. It's a classic in my eyes. But, that won't stop me from playing the game if it's fun.

Yes, Megaman Legends 3 was the one they cancelled. And nothing SEEMS to be getting done, but patience is a virtue. I'd rather wait 6 years for one badass game (In the case Megaman game if I were a Megaman fan) rather than get 6 really shoddy ones one year at a time.

It's not like they're working on some ultimate Megaman game. So I highly doubt that's what we're waiting for. It's more like we're waiting for a Megaman game, period.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Being on Gamecube hindered its sales. I'm not saying RE4 was a bad game, but I don't see how winning awards has to do with the fact that it could have been a better survival horror game. Um, that was only one draft of the story. The game was meant to wrap up the entire series because sales weren't as good as before, but they ended up saving it with a much more action oriented formula. I guess that's why the story ended up being mostly pointless. Also, RE5's story has nothing to do with the roots of the series being survival horror.

I don't think I'm gonna like Nero if he's a whiny bitch. I already had enough trouble with Dante's attitude in DMC 3, It's one of the reasons I don't like Jake Muller in RE6. Personally, my favorite of the DMC games is the original. It's a classic in my eyes. But, that won't stop me from playing the game if it's fun.

It's not like they're working on some ultimate Megaman game. So I highly doubt that's what we're waiting for. It's more like we're waiting for a Megaman game, period.

Well...Whinny may not have been the best word...While Dante is calm and Cocky, Nero is impulsive and loud...That's a better way to put it...And I'm not really talking about the survival horror aspect of the roots...I'm talking about the roots of the story...The story...Which what has kept gamers coming back to RE for roughly 17 years...I'm not sure how sales were hindered, considering it was one of the best selling games of all time. And just like companies often do with popular games...It was ported over...

xMobilemux

You obviously don't know, or you wouldn't be saying it. Street Fighter is VERY story driven. You're just too set in your ways to realize it. I pride myself on trying not to talk about subjects I truly know nothing about. Like the new Tomb Raider game. Notice how I didn't share any of my own feelings, opinions, or knowledge about that when you brought it up. It's because I have none cause I know nothing about it. How the game is played has NO correlation with whether it's story driven or not. The depth of the story and development of the characters are what make it story driven. And DmC IS still true to DMC...And Revelations is good, but RE6 is better...Story wise at least...And all it did was serve my point to rebuttal your claims that the enemy can be short lived if it still works...In the case of Tricell, Neo-Umbrella, and II Veltro...
NO DmC is not true to DMC, watch that damn video again.
RE6 is the worst thing to happen to RE since RE5, you actually think Simmons killing millions of people out of jealousy is a better story, Revelations has managed to pump some hope into the franchise.

Top Bottom