• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom Going Bankrupt

Jay

K.I.N.G.
Wow, what the hell happened here? I made this topic to talk about Capcom's future, not to see who has the best grammar. Come on people.

Damn you are one crazy moody person I swear your very presence seems to kill threads nowadays rendering this site rather boring. besides L apologized he no obligation, hell half the people in this world would call some trash that needs to be thrown out with the rest of the trash. He APOLOGIZED that's a very big thing nowadays and that proves he's sorry. unlike your moody ass who seems not have a SINGLE positive thing My watched threads are the ones you omment on I hae NOT seen a SINGLE positive thing from your post you even bashed one of the most amazing systems in history. not to mention game series (Not RE mind you but it's pretty
cool) Like Damn you're basically killing the site. I have a feeling you don't care either. which is why some members act like you're a plaque and avoid any confrontation with you since it's pretty much like talking to a zombie. Ya won't listen
Chill man. You already heard what Femme said. Don't get this locked.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Wow, what the hell happened here? I made this topic to talk about Capcom's future, not to see who has the best grammar. Come on people.

Chill man. You already heard what Femme said. Don't get this locked.

On this thread? I didn't see I wasn't here for a few days

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
It's sad how quickly you guys have turned your backs on Capcom (This isn't going for all of you). Even if they screwed up in the past, does that REALLY mean we shouldn't offer them the support they need now? Sorry, but when I hear Capcom, I think of the days playing Ghosts N' Goblins with my brother on the SNES. The time I jumped out of my Skin the very first time Nemesis jumped through the Police Station window. Dante fighting all those demons with a slice of pizza hanging from his mouth...I think of all the fun I had playing RE6 with my roommate on co-op...The Street Fighter Monopoly that my fiancee got me when she was on vacation that is now hanging on my wall...Is what Capcom has done REALLY so bad that you'd throw away all that and let them fade into the blackened horizon, only to play cheap replicas of the games once they are sold off to other companies. I say no. Capcom has brought me more happiness than any other gaming company out there. Hell, aside from Capcom and Nintendo, (and occasionally Sega), I don't like video games. So no. I'm not willing to stand by while the company that made me bond with so many people (People like my roommates, my little brother, and all of you here on REN for that matter!) be sent to hell! I mean come ON guys...Jay, Femme, Shinigami, L...All of you...Those we really don't see around much anymore like Capcomplicated, Tremor, and Storyofmylife...We are ALL here because of Capcom...How can that all just be thrown away...

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Damn you are one crazy moody person I swear your very presence seems to kill threads nowadays rendering this site rather boring. besides L apologized he no obligation, hell half the people in this world would call some trash that needs to be thrown out with the rest of the trash. He APOLOGIZED that's a very big thing nowadays and that proves he's sorry. unlike your moody ass who seems not have a SINGLE positive thing My watched threads are the ones you omment on I hae NOT seen a SINGLE positive thing from your post you even bashed one of the most amazing systems in history. not to mention game series (Not RE mind you but it's pretty
cool) Like Damn you're basically killing the site. I have a feeling you don't care either. which is why some members act like you're a plaque and avoid any confrontation with you since it's pretty much like talking to a zombie. Ya won't listen
Great to know my warning went in one ear and out the other.

One more off-topic post, hell - if I see any of this bickering nonsense again and no questions asked, I'm going to start banning people from posting altogether. This is getting ridiculous. Every thread I've seen deteriorates into a stupid-ass flame war and I'm tired of it. So, if we're going to continue on this route, I'm going to be showing one or two people the door very soon.

Ta.

Turo602

The King of Kings
It's sad how quickly you guys have turned your backs on Capcom (This isn't going for all of you). Even if they screwed up in the past, does that REALLY mean we shouldn't offer them the support they need now? Sorry, but when I hear Capcom, I think of the days playing Ghosts N' Goblins with my brother on the SNES. The time I jumped out of my Skin the very first time Nemesis jumped through the Police Station window. Dante fighting all those demons with a slice of pizza hanging from his mouth...I think of all the fun I had playing RE6 with my roommate on co-op...The Street Fighter Monopoly that my fiancee got me when she was on vacation that is now hanging on my wall...Is what Capcom has done REALLY so bad that you'd throw away all that and let them fade into the blackened horizon, only to play cheap replicas of the games once they are sold off to other companies. I say no. Capcom has brought me more happiness than any other gaming company out there. Hell, aside from Capcom and Nintendo, (and occasionally Sega), I don't like video games. So no. I'm not willing to stand by while the company that made me bond with so many people (People like my roommates, my little brother, and all of you here on REN for that matter!) be sent to hell! I mean come ON guys...Jay, Femme, Shinigami, L...All of you...Those we really don't see around much anymore like Capcomplicated, Tremor, and Storyofmylife...We are ALL here because of Capcom...How can that all just be thrown away...

It's like an abusive father. You wouldn't be alive without him, but you can't forgive the abuse. Sure, I appreciate everything Capcam has done, but they've been making some choices that haven't really been easy on their fans.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
It's like an abusive father. You wouldn't be alive without him, but you can't forgive the abuse. Sure, I appreciate everything Capcam has done, but they've been making some choices that haven't really been easy on their fans.
...I've lived my life with an abusive father...Capcom is not like that...kind of a terrible analogy...maybe I'm wasting my breath here...but you would think that Capcom deserves our respect...and even admiration...for all the joy theyve brought us...why is everyone so quick to hate them...I'm sure your best friend has ****ed you off to high heaven, but you forgave them...may have taken a bit,but you forgave them...Oh and Im one of those fans...and I haven't found a single choice they've made hard at all...

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!

Capcom of the past will always be remembered as the great company that brought us happiness, but Capcom of today needs to go, Capcom crashing would not only mean better homes for the IPs, but it would send a clear message to other companies out there not to do what Capcom did wrong.
Also, we would not be getting cheap replicas of the franchises, other game companies would do a lot better for the franchises because they sure as s**t are not going to get any better at modern day Capcom.

Turo602

The King of Kings
...I've lived my life with an abusive father...Capcom is not like that...kind of a terrible analogy...maybe I'm wasting my breath here...but you would think that Capcom deserves our respect...and even admiration...for all the joy theyve brought us...why is everyone so quick to hate them...I'm sure your best friend has ****ed you off to high heaven, but you forgave them...may have taken a bit,but you forgave them...Oh and Im one of those fans...and I haven't found a single choice they've made hard at all...

As have I. It's not a literal comparison, and the analogy works, as I have clearly explained. Just like the best friend analogy you made, which no, my best friend has never done that to me. But I do respect Capcom for all they have done and opened my eyes to. Much like I used to respect my father for all he did even after the frequent fights, until he tried to kill me earlier this year. I'll never forgive him for that. Anyway, personally, I haven't given up on Capcom, only because I still enjoy many of the products they offer me. That doesn't mean I can speak for everyone else. I'm sure many people feel betrayed by Capcom's shady business practices, as well as the direction Resident Evil games have been taking, and of course, the Devil May Cry reboot.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
The DmC reboot was fantastic...if you can get passed the white hair it plays and feels EXACTLY like a DMC game...And as for modern Capcom...what's the big deal with Disk Locked Content...one shouldn't need to have DLC to make a game good...and all the Capcom games I've played are A OK without the Disk Locked Conten...if you need the DLC. So much buy Gold Edition of RE5...MvC3 is amazing...I mean what have they done that's just SO unforgiveable other than the fact is you people don't like change...

Turo602

The King of Kings
The DmC reboot was fantastic...if you can get passed the white hair it plays and feels EXACTLY like a DMC game...And as for modern Capcom...what's the big deal with Disk Locked Content...one shouldn't need to have DLC to make a game good...and all the Capcom games I've played are A OK without the Disk Locked Conten...if you need the DLC. So much buy Gold Edition of RE5...MvC3 is amazing...I mean what have they done that's just SO unforgiveable other than the fact is you people don't like change...

I'm not saying it wasn't. It just didn't sit too well with the fans. What? DLC is supposed to stand for Downloadable Content, not Disc Locked Content, which is exactly what Capcom seems to think. No one is hating on Disc Locked Content because without it, the game is crap. It's frowned upon because it's straight up thievery. How is one not supposed to be ****ed when they spend $60 of their hard earned cash on a game, just to learn that some of the content is being withheld from them because Capcom wants to charge you more for it later, even though you have already bought it? Marvel vs Capcom 3 was also BS. They gave us a lack of characters compared to the previous game in the series, make two of them DLC, and then release another edition with more characters in a matter of months.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I'm not saying it wasn't. It just didn't sit too well with the fans. What? DLC is supposed to stand for Downloadable Content, not Disc Locked Content, which is exactly what Capcom seems to think. No one is hating on Disc Locked Content because without it, the game is crap. It's frowned upon because it's straight up thievery. How is one not supposed to be ****ed when they spend $60 of their hard earned cash on a game, just to learn that some of the content is being withheld from them because Capcom wants to charge you more for it later, even though you have already bought it? Marvel vs Capcom 3 was also BS. They gave us a lack of characters compared to the previous game in the series, make two of them DLC, and then release another edition with more characters in a matter of months.

But the stuff the was locked on the disk really didn't make the game in better in a way that it was NEEDED. They were just nice little accessories. Besides...Fallout 3 had Disk Locked Content and it was made Game of the Year...And, Just like RE Gold Edition, which already had all that content, it had a Game of the Year Edition, which had all the stuff unlocked. So it's not like Capcom is the only company doing it, and games can be great even with it, considering its lack of actual influence on the game. And it's not really thievery, or it'd be illegal. As for the MvC thing...Companies have been putting out games, then special editions of the same game for years. Again, Capcom isn't the only one doing it, so why are THEY the ones that deserve to go out of business? I have both MVC3 and MCV2 (For Dreamcast) and aside from Nostalgia, I much prefer MVC3 to MVC 2...

Turo602

The King of Kings
But the stuff the was locked on the disk really didn't make the game in better in a way that it was NEEDED. They were just nice little accessories. Besides...Fallout 3 had Disk Locked Content and it was made Game of the Year...And, Just like RE Gold Edition, which already had all that content, it had a Game of the Year Edition, which had all the stuff unlocked. So it's not like Capcom is the only company doing it, and games can be great even with it, considering its lack of actual influence on the game. And it's not really thievery, or it'd be illegal. As for the MvC thing...Companies have been putting out games, then special editions of the same game for years. Again, Capcom isn't the only one doing it, so why are THEY the ones that deserve to go out of business? I have both MVC3 and MCV2 (For Dreamcast) and aside from Nostalgia, I much prefer MVC3 to MVC 2...

Whether or not it made the game better is irrelevant and your own opinion. It's still something that was already purchased that Capcom expects you to purchase again. I'm sure many people would have loved the extra characters in Street Fighter X Tekken and would have made it a much better experience for them. What does it matter if other companies do it? Is it somehow okay? And by the time complete editions are released, the damage has already been done. People have already been ripped off. A complete edition doesn't just make everything all good again. Um... Capcom practically invented that. Look at all the versions of Street Fighter II. If Capcom is in danger of going out of business, then they're pretty much the worst offenders here. They're not doing something right, and it's starting to show. This is their wake up call.

L

Lurker
Whether or not it made the game better is irrelevant and your own opinion. It's still something that was already purchased that Capcom expects you to purchase again. I'm sure many people would have loved the extra characters in Street Fighter X Tekken and would have made it a much better experience for them. What does it matter if other companies do it? Is it somehow okay? And by the time complete editions are released, the damage has already been done. People have already been ripped off. A complete edition doesn't just make everything all good again. Um... Capcom practically invented that. Look at all the versions of Street Fighter II. If Capcom is in danger of going out of business, then they're pretty much the worst offenders here. They're not doing something right, and it's starting to show. This is their wake up call.
Whoa, friend, before you completely disregard someone's opinion and claim it's irrelevant because it is an opinion, keep in mind that you're rejecting it because they're opinion is different from yours. Therefore, your opinion is irrelevant.
israN7kDbcyKo.png
Interaction over~​

Turo602

The King of Kings
Whoa, friend, before you completely disregard someone's opinion and claim it's irrelevant because it is an opinion, keep in mind that you're rejecting it because they're opinion is different from yours. Therefore, your opinion is irrelevant.

I haven't been using my personal opinions to defend my argument, so how can my opinion be irrelevant? BTW, I never rejected his opinion. I merely said that it's his opinion, therefore he doesn't speak for everyone else. Whether or not the game benefits from DLC is what's irrelevant here.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
But if the game DOESN'T benefit from it, then what's it matter if you have to pay for it? And I hear Capcom getting the heat ALL the time, but I never hear any other companies getting trashed for DLC and multiple versions of the same game...Why is it ONLY Capcom...It's just not fair to them. It is not an OPINION that other companies aren't getting flack for their business practices in the thread. This is truth. I haven't heard one person complain about Bethesda for Fallout 3 having Disc Locked Content and multiple versions...However, every is so quick to want to play Bethesda's "The Evil Within." Me included, don't get me wrong, but I am giving the company itself the blame it deserves.

Reactions: L

L

Lurker
I haven't been using my personal opinions to defend my argument, so how can my opinion be irrelevant? BTW, I never rejected his opinion. I merely said that it's his opinion, therefore he doesn't speak for everyone else. Whether or not the game benefits from DLC is what's irrelevant here.
1bukiiii.png
Umm... I'm not sure I understand. If you really want to go down to specific details, I'd have to say KennedyKiller used less opinions than you did to prove his point. For example, taking all the opinions out of KennedyKiller's post:​
"But the stuff the was locked on the disk really didn't make the game in better in a way that it was NEEDED."​
" So it's not like Capcom is the only company doing it, and games can be great even with it..."​
"...I much prefer MVC3 to MVC 2"​
As you can see, there are a grand total of three opinions. If you can pick out any more, I'd be willing to accept them. As for the opinions in your post:​
" I'm sure many people would have loved the extra characters in Street Fighter X Tekken and would have made it a much better experience for them."​
"What does it matter if other companies do it?"​
"And by the time complete editions are released, the damage has already been done."​
"People have already been ripped off."​
"A complete edition doesn't just make everything all good again."​
"If Capcom is in danger of going out of business, then they're pretty much the worst offenders here."​
"They're not doing something right, and it's starting to show. This is their wake up call."​
Clearly, the biggest offender was you. You had double, or if you don't count KK's last opinion, triple the amount of opinions used to get your point across. And not only did KK barely generalize, you did a lot more than him, so don't say that you're not attempting to speak for everyone. I sincerely apologize if I came off as condescending or insulting in this post, but I'm not just gonna stand here as a friend gets degraded by a hypocrite.​

Turo602

The King of Kings
But if the game DOESN'T benefit from it, then what's it matter if you have to pay for it? And I hear Capcom getting the heat ALL the time, but I never hear any other companies getting trashed for DLC and multiple versions of the same game...Why is it ONLY Capcom...It's just not fair to them. It is not an OPINION that other companies aren't getting flack for their business practices in the thread. This is truth. I haven't heard one person complain about Bethesda for Fallout 3 having Disc Locked Content and multiple versions...However, every is so quick to want to play Bethesda's "The Evil Within." Me included, don't get me wrong, but I am giving the company itself the blame it deserves.

Again, that's not for you to decide. That's your opinion, not everyone shares it. It matters because you've already payed for it. Why pay for it again? THAT'S unfair. Also, if you're willing to give a company the blame it deserves, then why not Capcom?

Umm... I'm not sure I understand. If you really want to go down to specific details, I'd have to say KennedyKiller used less opinions than you did to prove his point.

Clearly, the biggest offender was you. You had double, or if you don't count KK's last opinion, triple the amount of opinions used to get your point across. And not only did KK barely generalize, you did a lot more than him, so don't say that you're not attempting to speak for everyone. I sincerely apologize if I came off as condescending or insulting in this post, but I'm not just gonna stand here as a friend gets degraded by a hypocrite.​
So this is how it's going to be played?

Ahem...

"What does it matter if other companies do it?"
That's a question, not an opinion.

" I'm sure many people would have loved the extra characters in Street Fighter X Tekken and would have made it a much better experience for them."
"If Capcom is in danger of going out of business, then they're pretty much the worst offenders here."
"And by the time complete editions are released, the damage has already been done."
"People have already been ripped off."
"A complete edition doesn't just make everything all good again."
"They're not doing something right, and it's starting to show. This is their wake up call."
How is any of this my personal opinion?​
1. The backlash pretty much confirms how many people felt that way.​
2. The fact that Capcom is losing money, means that people are starting to wash their hands of Capcom. If the money's not flowing, they've really done something wrong.​
3. Complete editions of video games tend to come out within a year of the original's release. Obviously they got enough sales to push out another edition. How is this an opinion?​
4. See 3.​
5. Also not an opinion. After purchase of a game, you aren't just going to get your money back. Like I already pointed out before, a complete edition isn't an option until most people have already purchased the game.​
6. See 2. If they're losing money, they have to change their ways. It's really simple.​
Anyway, you're not just going to dump all over me and expect us to be good by ending an insult with an apology. Instead of being butthurt, why don't you just own up to your misinterpretation and be done with this. You have been obviously jumping to conclusions because you feel I'm "attacking" your friend. Well guess what? If KennedyKiller has a problem with me, he can tell me. So far, we have just been discussing our thoughts on a subject. Not once have I insulted him the way you have insulted me.​

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Again, that's not for you to decide. That's your opinion, not everyone shares it. It matters because you've already payed for it. Why pay for it again? THAT'S unfair. Also, if you're willing to give a company the blame it deserves, then why not Capcom?

But it's NOT an opinion that NO other companies are getting blamed here other than Capcom. I was the first, and so far ONLY person, to state the fact that other companies are doing the same business practices that people are accusing Capcom of being "Shady." That's why I stated it like I did. So that it would not be an opinion, but a fact. If you can find another post in this thread that points out other companies are doing these same practices, and they deserve equal blame as Capcom, then I'll shut up about the Opinion thing, but so far, I don't see anyone else mentioning it. And it IS worth mentioning. Capcom is getting Flack for a practice that other companies are just as guilty of.

Top Bottom