• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom Going Bankrupt

Jay

K.I.N.G.
For those who haven't heard yet, Capcom hasn't been having the easiest times in the past few years. Recent news says the company has been having trouble lately and only with 152 million in the bank. While I love Capcom and many of their titles, they kind of brought this upon themselves. Using shady business practices, firing majority of the staff that made what they are, and not listening to their fanbase. So if this does come true I wonder what will happen to the Resident Evil series among their others and who would possibly purchase the rights. Not saying this is going to happen, but if they don't change something it'll be the end for a great company. Link below.

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2013/04/20/poor-business-decisions-will-render-capcom-bankrupt/37449/

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
I kinda hate to say this, but I want them to keep doing their bulls**t DLC tactics, the more they screw that up, the faster they'll crash and burn and getting rid of Capcom will be a step closer to saving what's left of the franchises they've ruined, they'll auction them off in order to stay afloat and they can go to developers that will do good for the franchises.

My dream teams for the IPs are:
-Tango Gameworks gets Resident Evil and Dino Crisis
-Platinum Games gets Devil May Cry
-Keiji Inafune gets Megaman.

It's sad to have to see one of my favorite companies of the past end up like this, but they deserve it.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
R.I.P Capcom i'm not gonna miss you ruining my fav game franchises !

I have list for your sin tally capcom :-

1) Ruined resident evil by making it full on action with bland level designs
2) You kicked out hideki kamiya,kenji inafune AND shinji mikami ! essentially dooming 3 franchises altogether.
3) You made sh!tton versions of Street loser 4 !
4) You have desolated many popular game series ominusha,dino crisis,final fight,okami,god hand,Darkstalkers,breath of fire, AND MEGAMAN LEGENDS 3 ! i was considering to buy a 3ds just JUST TO PLAY THAT GAME !

to make up for this much of B.S only thing they can do is stop being such DLC hungry whores and get their core team back to work on their old IP's.

Turo602

The King of Kings
This is a bit sad, but they did bring this on themselves. I'm still not really worried though, I'm sure they'll pull through.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
I kinda hate to say this, but I want them to keep doing their bulls**t DLC tactics, the more they screw that up, the faster they'll crash and burn and getting rid of Capcom will be a step closer to saving what's left of the franchises they've ruined, they'll auction them off in order to stay afloat and they can go to developers that will do good for the franchises.

My dream teams for the IPs are:
-Tango Gameworks gets Resident Evil and Dino Crisis
-Platinum Games gets Devil May Cry
-Keiji Inafune gets Megaman.

It's sad to have to see one of my favorite companies of the past end up like this, but they deserve it.
DUDE DMC with Platinum games would be SUPER amazing

L

Lurker
R.I.P Capcom i'm not gonna miss you ruining my fav game franchises !

I have list for your sin tally capcom :-

1) Ruined resident evil by making it full on action with bland level designs
2) You kicked out hideki kamiya,kenji inafune AND shinji mikami ! essentially dooming 3 franchises altogether.
3) You made sh!tton versions of Street loser 4 !
4) You have desolated many popular game series ominusha,dino crisis,final fight,okami,god hand,Darkstalkers,breath of fire, AND MEGAMAN LEGENDS 3 ! i was considering to buy a 3ds just JUST TO PLAY THAT GAME !

to make up for this much of B.S only thing they can do is stop being such DLC hungry whores and get their core team back to work on their old IP's.
How old are you? If you're above the age of five, you should probably start spelling and talking as if you're whatever age you are.

Anyway, I guess I'm sort of disappointed. I haven't cared for Resident Evil in a while, I know they were just keeping it going for the money. While I don't necessarily agree with them doing so, money is money, and a lot of people would do the same to keep the revenue coming. However, there are a few things I'm very worried about, one of them a lot more than the others.
Ace Attorney.
Ace Attorney is a dying franchise, that's a fact. Capcom was hesitant to even release AA5 in the west. I'm not sure if it'll auction off, and that worries me. I'll also have to say goodbye to Marvel VS Capcom, because you can't really auction an IP like that. Street Fighter, I'm not too worried about. It's probably the most valuable thing Capcom has going for them, and people, including me, enjoy it, so I can expect it to sell.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Capcom...I've backed you on every decision you've made...And I still will...You can pull through this. As long as there is one person out there you can make happy with your games, it's worth pulling through. No worries Capcom, you won't die. And if you do, I'm pretty much done with gaming as a whole. Nintendo still has something to offer me, but not much aside from LoZ and Smash Bros. So please Capcom, pull through.

Mr Sunshine

I don't know about other Capcom's titles, but I'm sure one of the reasons of a possible bankrupt is definitely NOT "the ruining of Resident Evil". Despite RE2 being a commercial success, the old school games that followed up were having less and less sales. It was only with the arrival of RE 4 and 5 that the franchice reached its former commercial glory and even surpassed it. The stats are there in wikipedia - anyone can check them out. RE 6 on the other hand wasn't as successful, but that's obviously not because it's not true to its roots. Personally i feel it was kind of rushed and let's be honest, pleople have been complaining since the 4th one.

Don't get me wrong, I love the original RE games (I think that code veronica was a masterpiece) and I prefer them over the recent more action ones, but just because they are not mine or yours cup of tea doesn't mean a lot and I mean A LOT of other people didn't enjoy them. They definitely kept the series alive for more years.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
How old are you? If you're above the age of five, you should probably start spelling and talking as if you're whatever age you are.
Would you mind citing my awful grammatical mistakes,Sir ? before making an overused internet insult ? eitherway i can only assume that you're another one of the trolls here.

and besides isn't it so mature&age appropriate of you to pick on others ? its just something mature people(like me) stop doing after middle school and people who constantly pick on others end up being bullies and deadbeats... good luck with that buddy.:cool:

L

Lurker
Would you mind citing my awful grammatical mistakes,Sir ? before making an overused internet insult ? eitherway i can only assume that you're another one of the trolls here.

and besides isn't it so mature&age appropriate of you to pick on others ? its just something mature people(like me) stop doing after middle school and people who constantly pick on others end up being bullies and deadbeats... good luck with that buddy.:cool:
It's not really the spelling, though there were a few spelling and grammatical errors, as much as the horrid humor. However, I'm not very interested in starting a flame war that's merely going to end with us psychologically deconstructing the other, so I'm just going to end this here. I apologize if I offended you.

Some Nights

No Shape
Regardless of how I feel about Capcom's decisions and as a company overall, this is a bit sad. Definitely not surprising at all, however.

I'd like to see some of the smaller/more niche titles (Ace Attorney for example) be sold off to companies/people that would actually appreciate and do things with them since those will be the first to go.

I feel like we'll be seeing at least a few more Resident Evil titles.

rondachewarrior

I'm not predjudiced, I hate everybody equally.
Why is it that Capcom is going bankrupt when Paul Anderson is still making money off of those horrific RE movies is what I wanna know.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Why is it that Capcom is going bankrupt when Paul Anderson is still making money off of those horrific RE movies is what I wanna know.

Because Sony owns the rights to the Movies...I'm doubt Capcom gets any money from them at all. In fact, when you watch them, the only mention of Capcom in the credits are "Based on the Video Game Series by Capcom." That's just my guess though.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
It's not really the spelling, though there were a few spelling and grammatical errors, as much as the horrid humor.
Hey you have to cite my mistakes before claiming bullsh!t so before doing so make sure you put the effort in to actually backup you nonsense.

And again i can say pretty much the same for you your remarks were immature and juvenile at best.
I apologize if I offended you.
Oh that's so nice of you ! you just insult people in the face and act like if you didn't really mean it GENIUS !
You do realize for a solid amount of time you were considered one right?
I thought i already told you i don't need your approval.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Sorry to butt in all of a sudden, but Rockman was it really necessarily? This
Oh that's so nice of you ! you just insult people in the face and act like if you didn't really mean it GENIUS !.
was uncalled for in response of L. If there is one thing I do know about L, it's when he is being honest and L honestly does mean the apology and he didn't mean to offend you. I will admit there was one thing that he did say that I did think he should've left out, but he apologized for it.

And Turo, this
You're the definition of stupidity.
was also uncalled for.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
The best thing that can happen is Capcom goes under and the IPs get better homes, yeah it's cruel to say kill a company and everyone looses their jobs but even if Capcom manages to something good in the next few years, they'll go straight back to the horrible ways that got them here in the first place, we all know they will.

Plus most of their big franchises today have new rivals that fans are turning to and to add insult to injury, all of the rivals are done by the creators of the Capcom franchises, Resident Evil fans are turning to The Evil Within, Devil May Cry fans are turning to Bayonetta/Metal Gear Rising and Megaman fans are turning to Mighty No 9.
Capcom is more screwed than ever.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Hey you have to cite my mistakes before claiming bullsh!t so before doing so make sure you put the effort in to actually backup you nonsense.

And again i can say pretty much the same for you your remarks were immature and juvenile at best.Oh that's so nice of you ! you just insult people in the face and act like if you didn't really mean it GENIUS !I thought i already told you i don't need your approval.

Damn you are one crazy moody person I swear your very presence seems to kill threads nowadays rendering this site rather boring. besides L apologized he no obligation, hell half the people in this world would call some trash that needs to be thrown out with the rest of the trash. He APOLOGIZED that's a very big thing nowadays and that proves he's sorry. unlike your moody ass who seems not have a SINGLE positive thing My watched threads are the ones you omment on I hae NOT seen a SINGLE positive thing from your post you even bashed one of the most amazing systems in history. not to mention game series (Not RE mind you but it's pretty
cool) Like Damn you're basically killing the site. I have a feeling you don't care either. which is why some members act like you're a plaque and avoid any confrontation with you since it's pretty much like talking to a zombie. Ya won't listen

Top Bottom