• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Anyone else think RE6 gets too much crap?

AlexiaAshford

While this game is far from being my favorite and is full of flaws, I think it is much better than RE5 is in terms of dialogues and cutscenes. I honestly don't understand how RE5 was somewhat praised and this game so criticized.
Yeah I admit, RE5's gameplay is better but the dialogues and dynamics between the characters are totally boring and flat. The interactions between Chris and Sheva... ugh. It bothered me how we could only know something about Sheva's life through files. The feeling you get playing the game is that Sheva is there just because someone "new" needs to be Chris' partner while Jill is unable to fill that role.

In RE6, all the new characters introduced (Helena, Jake and Piers) had more personality and stronger moments than Sheva had in RE5. Even the villains (Derek and Carla) were more interesting than Wesker and Excella.
Sure, RE6 was confusing at times and too ambitious but at least its cutscenes don't make me yawn. RE5, on the other hand...

berto

I Saw the Devil
I actually really dig this game. Unpopular opinion as it may be I think the worst part about this game is playing it for the first time. Beating bosses is a pain in the arse, figuring how to kill them, especially, quick times are ridiculous because they lack refinement and tempering, the cast doesn't really feel right, like they're not quite the Chris and Leon I've come to love, I miss the merchant, and these repeat bosses are just plain ungraceful, almost embarrassing, but I really dig the creatures, I had a blast with the combat, and it's still a blast to play.

I do think the game deserves a more fair attitude towards it but it is the internet. If you can't overblow, exaggerate, or make unreasonable opinions here where can you?

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I thought the game was fun to play.
In terms of story it was just a strange love triangle story between ada, simmons and Carla.
The farfetched stuff in leons campaign overwhelmed me and just made me hate leons character more.
I loved seeing ada as more important chatacter but they should have ended this thing between her and leon.
The piers death was done pretty well even though it was supposed to be Chris.
Jakes campaign was the most fun to play on multiplayer I think.
Mercs was really fun and onslaught. The others not so much

Lithium

I really liked it, it's one of my favorite games. The reocurring bosses were annoying, especially Simmons and Ustanak, and the controls were a bit weird (space for running? Oo). But that's all I complain about.

The interveining storylines were awesome! I loved playing scenes from different angles. And I enjoyed the varied pace and gameplay a lot.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I really liked it, it's one of my favorite games. The reocurring bosses were annoying, especially Simmons and Ustanak, and the controls were a bit weird (space for running? Oo). But that's all I complain about.

The interveining storylines were awesome! I loved playing scenes from different angles. And I enjoyed the varied pace and gameplay a lot.

Wait... Recurring bosses... That's in a lot of RE games..

Lithium

Wait... Recurring bosses... That's in a lot of RE games..
But not as persistent as Ustanak or Simmons. When I finally beat Simmons at the end of Chapter five (after blowing him up and electrocuting him with a lightning rod multiple times...), I almost expected him to get up again.
Batteling the same type of boss multiple times is okay, as are "rematches" later in a game. But a boss that mutates and attackes again after running a freaking train over him... oh well.

But as I said, apart from that I really liked the game :)

Leedara

But not as persistent as Ustanak or Simmons. When I finally beat Simmons at the end of Chapter five (after blowing him up and electrocuting him with a lightning rod multiple times...), I almost expected him to get up again.
Batteling the same type of boss multiple times is okay, as are "rematches" later in a game. But a boss that mutates and attackes again after running a freaking train over him... oh well.

But as I said, apart from that I really liked the game :)
Yeah I really agree with ya, it´s soo awesome to have multiple encounters with an enemy and build up a true rivalry-bond with him/her/it xJ I really enjoyed fighting Simmons and his various evolutions, as well as Ustanak and Ubistvo ;-) I think it was soo awesome when you fought Ubistvo as Ada and then sent him down upon Jake and Sherry x)

I'm a person that can look past alot of crap. If Resident Evil 6 was a spinoff title i wouldn't have that much of a problem with it. Hell I even like the Gun Survivor games.

Resident Evil 6 sucks because it's NOTHING compared to the classic titles. RE5 is a better game no doubt. If Capcom had focused on 1 main story and made that really great the game would have been solid. I just finished Chris campaign yesterday, I just thought to myself the whole way through 'what the **** am i playing?' Sure I like action games, but RE6 isn't even a good action game. It has wonky controlls. Way too little ammo. Sure spare ammo is a good thing in most Resident Evil games, but this game is designed for killing tons and tons of enemies, This you can't do because ammo is always a problem. So I found myself most of the time running away from the enemies the best I could.

I would rate this game a 4/10

Masterteo89_

I'm a person that can look past alot of crap. If Resident Evil 6 was a spinoff title i wouldn't have that much of a problem with it. Hell I even like the Gun Survivor games.

Resident Evil 6 sucks because it's NOTHING compared to the classic titles. RE5 is a better game no doubt. If Capcom had focused on 1 main story and made that really great the game would have been solid. I just finished Chris campaign yesterday, I just thought to myself the whole way through 'what the **** am i playing?' Sure I like action games, but RE6 isn't even a good action game. It has wonky controlls. Way too little ammo. Sure spare ammo is a good thing in most Resident Evil games, but this game is designed for killing tons and tons of enemies, This you can't do because ammo is always a problem. So I found myself most of the time running away from the enemies the best I could.

I would rate this game a 4/10

I rated 3 / 10 if i remember well. Anyway, i share your view. I completely dislike RE 4 - 5 - 6 not because i don't like them. I do like them!

I dislike them because they are called Resident Evil and they have , as you said , NOTHING compared to the classic titles.

Call them with another name, make them unrelated to RE games ? I would give them a rating of 7-8 / 10 . Call them RE games --> 3 / 10.

Well I think that RE4 and 5 can be called RE games, for the series to survive they had to do something new with it. However RE4 and 5 was good games. RE4 mixed action with creepy atmosphere perfectly. RE6 is just a bland mess.

Masterteo89_

Well I think that RE4 and 5 can be called RE games, for the series to survive they had to do something new with it. However RE4 and 5 was good games. RE4 mixed action with creepy atmosphere perfectly. RE6 is just a bland mess.

RE 4 and 5 can be really called RE games?

1- Gameplay totally changed.

2- Virus is gone ( Progenitor in 5 takes only a smal role, and it is in that game only because Capcom needed a way to explain how to beat Wesker).

3- Zombies are gone, Umbrella is gone , anything related to the Spencer is gone.

We have only a plot that goes around a parasyte. Stop. And we have some cameo of Ada ( RE4 ). Can these really be called RE games ? Capcom changed too much in my opinion

RE 4 and 5 can be really called RE games?

1- Gameplay totally changed.

2- Virus is gone ( Progenitor in 5 takes only a smal role, and it is in that game only because Capcom needed a way to explain how to beat Wesker).

3- Zombies are gone, Umbrella is gone , anything related to the Spencer is gone.

We have only a plot that goes around a parasyte. Stop. And we have some cameo of Ada ( RE4 ). Can these really be called RE games ? Capcom changed too much in my opinion
The characters, the story still goes along with it. It could have gone worse. The series had to change. We are just lucky it didn't end up being like Devil May Cry. That would be so strange.

Masterteo89_

The characters, the story still goes along with it. It could have gone worse. The series had to change. We are just lucky it didn't end up being like Devil May Cry. That would be so strange.

I partially agree with that. The characters and story of RE 5 goes somehow along with the good old RE games. Wesker plays a major role as a villain in that game, plus a virus ( progenitor ) appears. So, that game is linked to other previous RE games. Somehow?

But in RE 4 ? Where are the links to the story of the previous RE games? We have only Leon Ada and Wesker put togheter in the same game. And all of them want to do something with the parasyte, that being unrelated with the story of the previous games makes all RE4 a unrelated game.

Please, if you disagree help me understand.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
RE6 is a very unpolished game both graphically&gameplay wise for a game made in 2012 it sure looks ugly and the gameplay oh boy the gameplay! the aiming/cover system is broken,the camera is so wonky unlike the steady camera from RE4&5 and the QTE/Action set pieces are so disjointed and transition about as well as the thought of your parents while having sex and there are WAY too many main campaigns and they are a giant clusterf*uk of poorly designed levels.. while playing RE6 you can just FEEL the lack of polish in EVERYTHING.

and REALLY how can people say Re6 has better graphics than RE5? everything else except for the character models in Re6 looks like dogsh!t textures from the PS2 era.
221040_screenshots_2013-03-25_00002.jpg

221040_screenshots_2013-03-25_00004.jpg

Great graphics? these textures look like they're from RE4! and lastly the story in RE6 is THE MOST ridiculous and downright awful i've seen in the RE series.. if you think chris punching boulder was the stupidest thing.. you've gonna have one hell of a facepalm time in RE6!

I find it funny how people are so stingy about "Ghosts" being introduced into the RE universe YET the fans are perfectly okay with crazy stuff this:-
tumblr_m2eq1a7iGG1qb9a09o1_500.gif

4391546-s1oidg.gif

You know.. i've been too hard on Chris for punching bolders..Leon in RE4 is already doing this INSANE sh!t.

Last edited:

Masterteo89_

Exagerration. People nowadays needs to be like Jackie Chan or Bruce Lee in order to be " cool ".

Like here, in RE4 that Leon goes in mission impossible mode.

But you know what ? Leon for me was " cool " enough when in the intro of RE2 told Claire to get down before shooting at a zombie.

He did not need to do acrobatics.

This is a serious issue : nowadays people in movies or videogames are all jymnasts. It's as if people need staged acrobatic fights and ninja-like moves in order to appreciate a game / movie.

Examples ? Anything that moves in the Star Wars prequels.

RE related examples ? Well... exagerration, acrobatics and absurdities are all mixed in RE6 most of all. Or have we forgotten a cutscene where Ada lock a gate behind her ( in order to block that chainsaw monster ) in a ... facepalming way, with a piece of metal ?

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
EThis is a serious issue : nowadays people in movies or videogames are all jymnasts. It's as if people need staged acrobatic fights and ninja-like moves in order to appreciate a game / movie.
Well RE4 is an action/3rd person shooter game so that's why Leon is like Arnold schwarzenegger with the pretty face of Leonardo dicaprio.

all you need to do is read the original gamecube cover for RE4:-
Resident%20Evil%204%20PAL%20COVER.jpg

It says right there :-
"Forget zombies"
"Forget everything you knew about resident evil"
"
Forget survival horror this is this most horrific action game ever"

Turo602

The King of Kings
Resident Evil 6 is flawed, no doubt. It's bloated, unpolished, and flat out bastardizes concepts that made the series what it is today. Those are definite issues with the game. Not the lack of survival horror or anything out of the game's control. Resident Evil 6 isn't a scary game nor is it trying to be, so any problem related to that is not a flaw but an opinion. Resident Evil 6 is a fairly competent cinematic co-op action game with great mechanics, amazing visuals, great sound, and superior co-op design and partner A.I. than Resident Evil 5. Things people don't really focus on when it comes to judging the game. People are either bias, ignorant, or just plain suck at the game. It's the same story with Resident Evil 4 and 5.

Masterteo89_

I'm trying this game for the pc , starting with tonight. What can i say...it's not that it's crap, i am actually starting to like RE6.

The fact is that it's so damn hilarious that i can't dislike it , something similar to when you watch a very bad-made movie.

I get that RE6 is a kind of action game, but the situations are completely surreal. Action is over the top , not even Rambo could get in similar situations and put these kind of stuff that i've seen.

Exaggeration, this is what this game is. Fun, but i can't take this stuff seriously.

Nice game, surely good for a lot of laughts... but horrible RE game. It's RE meets Stallone , Swartzhenegger , Jackie Chan and Marvel movies all in one... plus a little bit of Romero ( afterall we have zombies ).

2 / 10 for a RE game. From a RE game i expect a lot more than this. And way less useless exaggeration...

8-9 / 10 As a action movie. 10 / 10 if Capcom would have added aliens too.

Top Bottom