• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Anyone else think RE6 gets too much crap?

black 93

I know its not a perfect game, its bloated, overlong and sometimes tedious. But when its good its actually really fun. Parts like chris' snake fight, the graveyard of leons campaign and jakes 2nd chapter in the mountains where your tryin to sneak past the ustanak are great. Personally i think its got great replay value as well. I know people that adore RE5 but hate RE6 because its too 'actiony'. What and RE5 wasnt?! i dont get that at all. I love both myself

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I like RE5 fine, but I'm not about to tout it as a faithful and great Resident Evil game. It's simply a competent and fun action game.

I still hate RE6, by the way.

wanderer

battle master
the snake fight really sucked. pretty much any cocoon mutation miniboss fight is more fun to play in.
RE6 is better than all past RE games in only one area, that is the combat system. counters, finishers, being able to jump backwards left right and forward, mercenaries grenade glitch. the combat system is really the only part that surpasses all past RE games.
RE5 has better story, RE6 tried to do 4 stories and took on more than they could handle, rather have less stories and longer and fun stories than 100 stories that are shorter. far too many chase scenes in RE6, Re5 had a vehicle chapter (the jeep) but that was that one chapter and you never really get forced to do another poor sequence like that again, RE6 just threw it again and again at you in the 4 stories. helicopters jeeps bikes sportscars jets screw it all.
RE5 also did the inventory and storage system better. i like choice. if i want to play Ada's campaign with only the wing shooter and semi-automatic rifle i should have that choice. here in RE6 they discarded the grid inventory system that was great and easy to manage and force you to carry all the weapon, if you skip picking it up they deliver it to you and the end of the chapter. also no weapon upgrade system, that made playing RE5's story the first time simple or difficult depending on decisions, i like the little upgrades that showed how much you know about enemies and combat when you are first starting out.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
the combat system is really the only part that surpasses all past RE games.

Unfortunately, changing the combat system could have the ability to change what kind of game it is. And it did.
But if you want a good survival horror zombie game with refined combat (AKA strafing), there's always Last of Us or Evil Within.

wanderer

battle master
Unfortunately, changing the combat system could have the ability to change what kind of game it is. And it did.
But if you want a good survival horror zombie game with refined combat (AKA strafing), there's always Last of Us or Evil Within.

i do not doubt that, i agree. but hey they been moving this direction since RE4. to say RE6 got too 'actiony' while ignoring that RE5 and RE4 were doing the same is unfair, RE6 simply refined the RE4 + RE5 combat and really polished it. The Last of Us is a game i will be watching for, i seen it on youtube and it took my attention. just time and money is not on my side right now.

WeskerWanter

Hard Dog
RE6 is one of my favorite games of all time, so I agree it gets panned far too much, although I personally can't stand the Chris snake fight and I've raged more than once over the "enemies move during cutscenes" issue. The combat system is great in my opinion, and I'm a keyboard and mouse user.

LEON.S.KENNEDY

GAMER MERIT
RE5 i hate how swaps weapon its hard slowly but im a gamer not a problm to me...anyhow still slowly thou and RE6 from action move and weapons swaps are amazing and quik thou....:dead:

ChaoticMeltdown

I never understood all the flak RE6 got. I thought it was a fun game through and through, sure it isn't a classic RE game but it is in no way bad. To me the first 3 are the best and I'd wish for them to go back to that style though I am well aware that this will never happen. But I prefer 6 over 4. I noticed after I did a RE marathon that 4 was the hardest for me to get back into, 1-CV:X being almost identical made it easier to get through but when I got to 4 I felt myself really struggle for a good few hours, after I beat it 5,6 and Rev. felt so much better not to mention funner to play.

LEON.S.KENNEDY

GAMER MERIT
I never understood all the flak RE6 got. I thought it was a fun game through and through, sure it isn't a classic RE game but it is in no way bad. To me the first 3 are the best and I'd wish for them to go back to that style though I am well aware that this will never happen. But I prefer 6 over 4. I noticed after I did a RE marathon that 4 was the hardest for me to get back into, 1-CV:X being almost identical made it easier to get through but when I got to 4 I felt myself really struggle for a good few hours, after I beat it 5,6 and Rev. felt so much better not to mention funner to play.
ok i agree in some point but struggle haveing good hour playing RE4 come on to me best part made is RE4 and you all talk about CV and X plz you wanna play in raccon city many part like opreation R city anyhow i respect you opinion but from what i see RE fan dosint like to move on like they started in RE4 and 6...RE fan want old story nothing new ..play the old part thin still good thou all i try to say is life and story move on and changes must happend...PS raccon city have been nuke so bye good old days ^_^

ChaoticMeltdown

No no I would like the story to go and I also don't mind the gameplay at all. I love the gameplay of 6 it's the best controlling RE game to date but the problem that the action controls bring is the loss of fear and anticipation. Once you are allowed to move the camera on your own, developers just can't sneak in those little jump effects anymore. Like the first Licker, you knew something was there, you saw something crawl along the window and then see the blood drip but thanks to the preset camera you couldn't just look up and see what it was. It brought on a sense of fear of the unknown and that is what I miss most. Sure RE isn't as scary as Silent Hill but then again SH is all about atmosphere and unnerving the player with each little thing, be it sfx, music or just it's visuals like in SH3. SH would mess more with your head than with your nerves where RE to me at least always made me feel on edge because I wasn't sure what was around the next corner because the developers wouldn't allow you to see and once you did HOLY HELL FIGHT OR FLIGHT! And that's something the RE series lost through the whole action gameplay. It's still fun but it doesn't give me that tingle down my spine that I want. I think the stories in RE4-6 are still great, especially 6 but now it's only Survival the Horror was lost a bit on the wayside.

LEON.S.KENNEDY

GAMER MERIT
No no I would like the story to go and I also don't mind the gameplay at all. I love the gameplay of 6 it's the best controlling RE game to date but the problem that the action controls bring is the loss of fear and anticipation. Once you are allowed to move the camera on your own, developers just can't sneak in those little jump effects anymore. Like the first Licker, you knew something was there, you saw something crawl along the window and then see the blood drip but thanks to the preset camera you couldn't just look up and see what it was. It brought on a sense of fear of the unknown and that is what I miss most. Sure RE isn't as scary as Silent Hill but then again SH is all about atmosphere and unnerving the player with each little thing, be it sfx, music or just it's visuals like in SH3. SH would mess more with your head than with your nerves where RE to me at least always made me feel on edge because I wasn't sure what was around the next corner because the developers wouldn't allow you to see and once you did HOLY HELL FIGHT OR FLIGHT! And that's something the RE series lost through the whole action gameplay. It's still fun but it doesn't give me that tingle down my spine that I want. I think the stories in RE4-6 are still great, especially 6 but now it's only Survival the Horror was lost a bit on the wayside.
i agree and bro you look like that other half of me^_^ for real i miss that things you know RE its servival horr not one of thim you understand me bro...

potato

I like RE5 fine, but I'm not about to tout it as a faithful and great Resident Evil game. It's simply a competent and fun action game.

I still hate RE6, by the way.

Most people hate it because they claim it's a too Call of Dutish, i prefer the A.I & sharing weapons ammo system in RE5, RE6 changed the system because many childish players don't like A.I wasting ammo & getting killed, so they made the A.I near invincible with unlimited ammo, this takes away the tension. RE0 had similar system and it was fine.

I say RE6 pays lots of homage to past RE games, but most people can't see it.

I would rate RE6 better than ORC, but most of the time i have to lie that ORC is much better because i know i'll get flamed if i say the truth. ORC was really bad, the controls were bad, the Cinematics were bad, the storyline was worse than the movies.

To be fair, there are good moments & bad moments in RE6, certainly not as good as RE5, but still alright. Would have been great if they kept the RE5 system though.

ChaoticMeltdown

To be fair, there are good moments & bad moments in RE6, certainly not as good as RE5, but still alright. Would have been great if they kept the RE5 system though.

I agree so much with that. I think that would have made the game even better when played Co-Op. Sharing ammo was really cool mainly because it made you talk to your partner more on who uses what guns and it also made you worry that each shot would hit it's target where in RE6 I'd spend a lot of time pushing enemies mainly because I could.

And don't ever hold in your thoughts about something, especially about ORC. That game was a major let down and is nowhere better than RE6 and the people who think so honestly blow my mind. If someone can't have a civil conversation with you about why something is more enjoyable to them than another game then they are hardly worth arguing with anyway. I've pretty much given up defending RE6 because most people seem to not care about fun anymore but rather if a game is the next Masterpiece. Was RE6 fun? Yes. Was it perfect? No. Would I play RE6 over Last of Us? GOD YES! =P

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
the snake fight really sucked. pretty much any cocoon mutation miniboss fight is more fun to play in.
RE6 is better than all past RE games in only one area, that is the combat system. counters, finishers, being able to jump backwards left right and forward, mercenaries grenade glitch. the combat system is really the only part that surpasses all past RE games.
Yes, I agree with this. I also think the visuals, particularly with regards to the settings are the best they've ever been to this point.

RE5 has better story, RE6 tried to do 4 stories and took on more than they could handle, rather have less stories and longer and fun stories than 100 stories that are shorter. far too many chase scenes in RE6, Re5 had a vehicle chapter (the jeep) but that was that one chapter and you never really get forced to do another poor sequence like that again, RE6 just threw it again and again at you in the 4 stories.
This. I think it was a clever idea to have four main storylines and weave them all together, but I also think this is the game's downfall. It's too ambitious. It tries to be too many things at once and it starts to get sloppy, especially in the latter campaigns.

All four campaigns take roughly the same amount of time to complete and I think to achieve that they threw in too many action sequences that felt like filler with little substance or contribution to the actual storyline. There would have been nothing wrong with having the first campaign three to four hours long to get the basis of the storyline told, and then having the proceeding campaigns increasingly shorter as they filled in the gaps and answered remaining questions. It was the attempt to make four separate campaigns that could almost stand alone as their own game which caused it to seem rather messy and unpolished.

RE 5 had the right of it in this respect. There was the main game which drove forward the storyline, but there was also Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape to fill in the gaps, especially with regards to what Jill was doing. And I found both LiN and DE totally knocked it out of the park - they left me wanting more. RE 6 gave too much.

For me, I feel that loss of focus was one of the reasons I didn't enjoy it was much as I did previous instalments. By the time Jake and Sherry's, and Ada's campaigns rolled around I wasn't really entertained anymore.

LEON.S.KENNEDY

GAMER MERIT
i agree guys but and i know dont hear me wrong last of us one of it kind and dont campare last of with RE games when it comes to monster(zombie) becuse in last of us not zombie you faceing its a vireus call fungle turn people to villeont people anyhow you only compare these games as any angle but when it come to the monsters dont even think about it it would be a crime if you do...since i see the two of these games i buy it without thinking

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
The main problem with RE6 is that Capcom spends over half their time ignoring their fans and, this time, they decided to listen to everyone. They decided to tell too many stories at one time - stories that were too different - and, as such, couldn't focus on each one properly. To be honest, Jake and Chris' stories could have been expanded into an entire game as well as Leon and Ada's. It would have made the plots seem less rushed and better thought out.

LEON.S.KENNEDY

GAMER MERIT
The main problem with RE6 is that Capcom spends over half their time ignoring their fans and, this time, they decided to listen to everyone. They decided to tell too many stories at one time - stories that were too different - and, as such, couldn't focus on each one properly. To be honest, Jake and Chris' stories could have been expanded into an entire game as well as Leon and Ada's. It would have made the plots seem less rushed and better thought out.
yes and even hackers!!! as legit playr i find hackers annoying in the score bord (leaderbord) anyhow why capcom watch the hackers without doing nothing com on man when i want to show my skills all i think about it is 9999999 score point how the hell can show my skills since the hackers takeing out the first 1000 places??? just saying....i hope capcome dosint disspoint us in RE7

potato

yea same thing goes for DMC series, they totally watered down the gameplay to cater for new players. last was us was great, at Story telling, voice acting & cutscenes, it has one of the most beautiful & detailed environment design just like Hitman Aboslution.

other than that rest of the things pale compared to other stealth games.

LEON.S.KENNEDY

GAMER MERIT
RE4PC.jpg

Top Bottom