• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Anyone else think RE6 gets too much crap?

LEON.S.KENNEDY

GAMER MERIT
resident-evil-6-leon-target1.jpg

come on dont compare RE6 with RE5 when it come to graphics

LEON.S.KENNEDY

GAMER MERIT
No way RE5 was better in terms of Graphic, RE6 was way better especially the lighting. But for some reason most of the stages looked abit too clean compared to the RE5 slumps.
clean???? your an a city what you expect bro and it change for a dirty place like graveyard....RE6 the most best graphic thin RE4 thin RE5 may it shock you bro but thats my opinion

TJay

Premium
I really, really think it does get "too much crap". It's not perfect by any means & I don't want to repeat what lots of others have already said but I agree it was perhaps a bit too ambitious story wise. Revelations certainly handled intertwining stories much better.

It has tonnes of replay value though. I know that I can always pop RE6 on & enjoy a chapter or 2.

I'd be interested to know though, how it handles the online co-op mode? I've always solo'd.

LEON.S.KENNEDY

GAMER MERIT
I really, really think it does get "too much crap". It's not perfect by any means & I don't want to repeat what lots of others have already said but I agree it was perhaps a bit too ambitious story wise. Revelations certainly handled intertwining stories much better.

It has tonnes of replay value though. I know that I can always pop RE6 on & enjoy a chapter or 2.

I'd be interested to know though, how it handles the online co-op mode? I've always solo'd.
what!!!! at least RE6 better thin revelations

TJay

Premium
what!!!! at least RE6 better thin revelations

I did not say that Revelations was a better game, although if I did, I would be entitled to that opinion & I know it's one many people have. I said Revelations handles the intertwining stories better, because it does. When they're all tied together it makes much more sense than the fan pandering over ambitious stories of RE6.

I'm not having a go at you but maybe you should read what people say properly before reacting in such a defensive manner?

LEON.S.KENNEDY

GAMER MERIT
I did not say that Revelations was a better game, although if I did, I would be entitled to that opinion & I know it's one many people have. I said Revelations handles the intertwining stories better, because it does. When they're all tied together it makes much more sense than the fan pandering over ambitious stories of RE6.

I'm not having a go at you but maybe you should read what people say properly before reacting in such a defensive manner?
i agree with you ..but my opinion was not in a defensive manner.

Masterteo89_

I played RE6 only for a few hours and then stop.

First of all, there are too much RE around, it's obvious that monsters will start lacking immagination in their design. And i'm tired of grotesque, meaningless creatures (See RE 6 monsters).
RE 1 - 2 - 3 - Code Veronica were original and interesting in their simplicity.

Finally, i'm tired of this Resident Evil nonsense. Resident Evil had a trademark, and that was its gameplay. RE 4 - 5 - 6 became action games ( 5 and 4 did not even had zombies! ).

Gameplay...just play RE 1 - 2 - 3 - Code Veronica. Inventory , up-down-straight aim, somehow awkard way to move your character around...you know it well enough what i mean.

When RE 4 was published, people acclaimed it. Said that RE was improved. I saw instead the death of RE.

I'm not saying that RE 4 - 5 - 6 are bad. (That's only my opinion)

I simply say that they don't have the right to be called Resident Evil, because they have almost nothing of what made a RE game.

And don't tell me that games should improve with the years. Because From RE 1 to Code Veronica , graphic improved a lot. And plot too : this means that there was really no need to made RE an action game in order to make it more interesting

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
i'm tired of this Resident Evil nonsense. Resident Evil had a trademark, and that was its gameplay. RE 4 - 5 - 6 became action games ( 5 and 4 did not even had zombies! ).

zombie [zom-bee]
2. a person whose behavior or responses are wooden, listless, or seemingly rote; automaton.

In the most general sense of the word, they did.

When RE 4 was published, people acclaimed it. Said that RE was improved. I saw instead the death of RE.

Were you around for all the hype surrounding RE4? How long after 4's initial release was it until you proclaimed Resident Evil was dead?
If you were, try to re-imagine it. RE4 was a product of its time (Depending on who you are, a necessary evil). And at the time, RE was stagnating. General consensus was that people were tired of the claustrophobic camera angles, tank controls, sluggish combat and taxing puzzles. After 1, 2, 3, CODE Veronica, a slough of spin-offs and the disappointing sales of REmake and ZERO, they decided to make a game that remedied all the biggest issues of the classic titles while making a good, solid action game to attract new fans. RE4 set the groundwork for a new generation of RE titles. (They just didn't end up making very good ones until Revelations IMHO.)

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
RE6 for me was fun for roughly the first couple of hours or so of Leon's campaign before it became a little too... meh. Really liked the University setting; quite enjoyed the graveyard section; everything went south fast once my wife and I reached the sewers/underground chapter(s). RE6 is absolutely the worst Resi game I've ever played, but there was still some fun to be had.

I don't really know why I'm not a huge fan of RE6 - I love pretty much everything about RE5. Even though both RE5 and RE5 feel like glorified Michael Bay-penned fan fiction, RE5 is still a game I look forward to playing. RE6 just feels so hollow and empty and devoid of that familiar Resi horror-cum-action flair.

I was also extremely disappointed to learn that even though the pre-release trailers were inferring that Ada might have all this time been a villian, the game copped out and shot for the evil clone angle. Yawn. I genuinely, genuinely was looking forward to seeing Chris and Leon clash (for longer than a 20-second cutscene) and Leon's alliances split. :(

Yeah, that last part was down to me expecting something I wasn't promised, but it still feels like a wasted opportunity to me.

That's all I got.

KevinStriker

God hath spoken.

But seriously, I'm inclined to say RE6 is the worst in the main series, and ORC is the worst spin-off. Thanks, 2012.

e_etu

Soram ~
Answer to this Question : Yes. Re6 is for me actually one of the best games so far.. :D i really love playing it with my bro.

Masterteo89_

Come on, with zombie you know what i mean. Also, zombies are undead while in RE 4 - 5 they were not. They were alive, but controlled by a parasite.

A zombie in a Resident Evil game is considered a human infected by the T-virus that became undead and can infect other people with a bite. At least it is in RE 1 - 2 - 3 - Code Veronica.

--------------------

You say " Were you around for all the hype surrounding RE4? How long after 4's initial release was it until you proclaimed Resident Evil was dead? "

Well..i'm 25 years old, i was around even when RE 1 was published for the first time. Played it too on psx.

Well, we have different opinions. I prefer old style, others might prefer the innovation of the last years. That's why i sayd that it was simply my opinion.

KevinStriker

You say " Were you around for all the hype surrounding RE4? How long after 4's initial release was it until you proclaimed Resident Evil was dead? "

Yeah, and it wasn't rhetorical or snarky, by the way. I just notice that certain old-school RE fans* tended to not have such a contempt for RE4 until AFTER 5 and 6 came out. Basically hating 4 for being "a gateway", which I don't think is entirely fair.

I like the old school games, but I do think the over the shoulder perspective and free-aim was necessary to not have the games grow stale. "REmake perfected the classic style, time to innovate."

*I'm not referring to you in particular.

Masterteo89_

Look, i had such contempt from when RE 4 came out, to tell the truth. I played it the same year it was published. It was for ps2, the same console that produced RE : Code Veronica , a great RE game.

I had heard that in RE 4 the gameplay was different, but i bought it nonetheless. Man, how i was disappointed!

And i never bought with my money RE 5-6. To tell the truth i recived these games as a gift after i got my degree in university. I played all RE 5 never really liking it, afterall it was like RE 4. But a gift is a gift, and i was curious to see Wesker for the last time.

RE 6... has all the features of RE 4-5 that i dislike plus some more...no need to tell how did i like it.

-----------------

So, i did not hate RE 4 for being a gateway, i dislike it for being RE 4. For being so different to what made a Resident Evil game a game worth of being called Resident Evil. Same thoughts for RE 5 - 6.

I think that "old school" was the best. It could have been improved, like they did improve greatly the graphic from RE 3 to Code Veronica. But one thing is improving, another is changing evrithing and make it a action game.

weskerondope

i guess re6 gets a little to much crap
maybe the reason it gets to much crap is cause it was labelled as a resident evil game when its not

but i think on the other hand that revelations deserve way more crap than re6 on all levels
at least re6 had some mild references to the older games in leons campaign when revelations just didnt even try

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
Personally, RE6 is one of my most favorite mainline RE titles (yes, even above some of the 'classic' era games). I still play the hell out of it (according to my RE.net stats, to the sum of 373hrs 15mins and 8sec). I find most of the campaign to be enjoyable, and the extra content (especially Mercs and Predator mode) to be pretty outstanding, quite honestly.

Top Bottom