• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Albert Wesker to return in RE7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Not only Walking Dead and Game of Thrones. This and other threads about Wesker's (or any other supposedly dead character's) rumoured/suggested/requested return proves that RE fans, including myself, can't let go of their favourites either. But still, as cool as the idea of a new, very evil villain killing off several popular main characters in one single game may be, I would be very pi$$ed if it happened to be Chris and Claire of all people, after they've already taken Piers from me. On the other hand, if Alex killed Leon and/or Jill, I wouldn't have any problem with that. *ERROR 404 - happy smiley not found*

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
I love Claire and don't want her to die, but it would be one hell of a moment that could show that Resident Evil still has a pulse, but really it depends on which character is killed, I mean Chris is pretty much useless now, his entire presence in RE6 was only as an excuse to have a military campaign for CoD gamers and it was even revealed that Capcom was planning to kill off Chris before they changed it to Piers and as crap as RE6 was, I actually kind of liked Piers too, hell they could have made both Chris and Piers survive RE6 and then Alex kills Chris in RE7 causing Piers to seek revenge against Alex and maybe even team up with Claire, giving her the spotlight we've always wanted for her, spiritually retelling the story of Chris & Jill vs Albert Wesker.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
On the other hand, if Alex killed Leon and/or Jill, I wouldn't have any problem with that. *ERROR 404 - happy smiley not found*

You see its the opposite with me, I want Jill and Leon to survive, don't really care if Chris and Claire get killed one bit lol.

So yea, I would be just fine with Alex killing some big names like Chris or Claire.

egregious zombiemasher

F.O.S solo KAT
hell they could have made both Chris and Piers survive RE6 and then Alex kills Chris in RE7 causing Piers to seek revenge against Alex and maybe even team up with Claire, giving her the spotlight we've always wanted for her, spiritually retelling the story of Chris & Jill vs Albert Wesker.
That`s actually an intriguing prospect. I am very much with it but as much as i like to say "i would like to see it unfold" well....capcom robbed this hope too from us along with Piers. I liked Piers more than Jake anyway.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
You see its the opposite with me, I want Jill and Leon to survive, don't really care if Chris and Claire get killed one bit lol.

That's the downside of this "great new villain killing off several main characters" concept. All of them have fans, so no matter how you do it, someone is going to be disappointed. That might be the reason Capcom has only killed very few characters so far (and brought them back later when they realised it was a bad idea). Before RE6 came out, I even said to a friend someone should probably die, since it would be very unrealistic if all seven survived, but I started hating the idea when it turned out to be Piers. As much as I love Chris too, it would have made much more sense if it had been him, which leads us to...

Capcom was planning to kill off Chris before they changed it to Piers and as crap as RE6 was, I actually kind of liked Piers too, hell they could have made both Chris and Piers survive RE6 and then Alex kills Chris in RE7 causing Piers to seek revenge against Alex and maybe even team up with Claire, giving her the spotlight we've always wanted for her, spiritually retelling the story of Chris & Jill vs Albert Wesker.
xMobilemux, you're my favourite REN user of the day.

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
Wesker was the ideal villain in the original game: you knew nothing about him or his ulterior motives, his power and influence went undetected and the extent of his involvement remained veiled. I would love for them to introduce a character of a similar nature to Wesker but maybe one that works purely behind the scenes.

Plus, don't get me started about his son... It could, and should, have been an episode of Jeremy Kyle.

Steve BurnsidexD

pure awesome.
The guy ate like...two rockets to the face most monters get one rocket...and never comes back. Wesker got two....I dont see him coming back unless there is a clone. Buuuuuut a fight between Jake and Wesker seems interesting I'll say.

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
The guy ate like...two rockets to the face most monters get one rocket...and never comes back. Wesker got two....I dont see him coming back unless there is a clone. Buuuuuut a fight between Jake and Wesker seems interesting I'll say.
This is also a pretty valid reason for why we shouldn't expect to see him. Rocket propelled grenades + face x lava = the sum of all that is holy.

AlexiaAshford

No. Bringing Wesker back now would be just silly, pointless... I don't mind older characters returning to new games, as long as they have a reason for it. Fanservice just for the sake of fanservice generally ruins a story, not to mention that most RE characters are so overused now, especially Chris, Jill and Leon - it's time to stop using them and Wesker is no exception, his story is pretty much done for good. Wouldn't you be bored if Wesker showed up again? Heck, as Hel said, he never was that good of a villain in the first place, and the opportunity Capcom had to add more depth or development to his character (RE5) was completely wasted. Either way, that boring Chris-Jill-Wesker rivalry/arc was finished in RE5, I see no point in bringing that back now.

And regarding the "RE's story was always ridiculous" thing said here, I disagree. Yeah, RE's story was never breathtaking, but RE1, RE2 and RECV stories aren't that bad compared to the stories of the most recent titles of the series IF you consider that those games were made in the 90's. Of course, many themes and dialogues from those games are cliched or cheesy now, but they were decent enough at the time they were released. The relationships between some characters (RE2!Claire-Sherry, RE2!Leon-Ada, RECV!Claire-Chris, RECV!Claire-Steve) were overall more deep or interesting than the interactions we see in RE5 or RE6.

As for RE6 not establishing anything new to the future of the series, I also disagree. I really don't know what they plan to do with this Ada/Leon relationship that is never concretized, but Chris was pretty much humiliated in RE6. He acted like an angered child for the most part of the game, almost his whole team died because of his incompetence and at the end, Piers - the person he trusted to take his role as captain (he even mentioned he was planning to retire) - sacrificed himself to save him. If you pay attention, all the other campaigns had a "happy ending", but not Chris' campaign. Capcom probably plans to develop his character or change the way he faces bioterrorism, given his personal failures and hero complex.
RE6 also presented Sherry and Jake as new characters, which was a breath of fresh air to me. Their relationship is somewhat interesting, since they are the only people in the world with special virus immunities and all. I think Jake hasn't overcomed the fact that he is Wesker's son, and you can say the guy has deep-rooted trust issues. All in all, Jake's character development could be further explored in the next games.

xMobilemux

I don't think Resident Evil can wow us anymore and Capcom clearly has no idea what they're doing, sure another RE Revelations and The REmake getting some ports is a nice touch, but I highly doubt Resident Evil 7 is going to be worth it, even if they do introduce Alex Wesker, he'll never surpass or even come close to the impact Albert made, unless he kills some fan favorites.

Also Chris has no place in Resident Evil anymore, Wesker's dead so Chris has no relevance other than being the excuse for a military campaign for CoD gamers, he's also a crap character in general, in the original Resident Evil well over half of the players played as Jill because she had tits, started with gun and had Barry f**king Burton with her, he's over shadowed by Claire and Wesker in CVX, comes in 2nd to Jill in Revelations because of dat wetsuit butt in 3D, was completely pathetic in RE5 and as I said, the excuse for a military campaign in RE6.
I would have rather Leon been the nemesis of Wesker, because Leon is slick, athletic and has moves, he could have put up an awesome climatic hand to hand duel against Wesker in the end, but I had to put up with Chris getting his ass kicked the whole game and getting lucky with an exploited weakness.
The fact that Capcom even planned to kill him off was evidence enough that he's completely useless now, they just changed their minds so they could keep the excuse for military campaigns.

All I hope for in RE7 is for Chris to finally just f**king die, like get killed by Alex, causing Claire to team up with Leon once again and hunt him down, maybe Alex could kidnap Ada and use her for some kind of special virus or something to motivate Leon, I don't know, Capcom sucks at writing anyway, it'll be something like that.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
I don't think Resident Evil can wow us anymore and Capcom clearly has no idea what they're doing, sure another RE Revelations and The REmake getting some ports is a nice touch, but I highly doubt Resident Evil 7 is going to be worth it, even if they do introduce Alex Wesker, he'll never surpass or even come close to the impact Albert made, unless he kills some fan favorites.

Also Chris has no place in Resident Evil anymore, Wesker's dead so Chris has no relevance other than being the excuse for a military campaign for CoD gamers, he's also a crap character in general, in the original Resident Evil well over half of the players played as Jill because she had tits, started with gun and had Barry f**king Burton with her, he's over shadowed by Claire and Wesker in CVX, comes in 2nd to Jill in Revelations because of dat wetsuit butt in 3D, was completely pathetic in RE5 and as I said, the excuse for a military campaign in RE6.
I would have rather Leon been the nemesis of Wesker, because Leon is slick, athletic and has moves, he could have put up an awesome climatic hand to hand duel against Wesker in the end, but I had to put up with Chris getting his ass kicked the whole game and getting lucky with an exploited weakness.
The fact that Capcom even planned to kill him off was evidence enough that he's completely useless now, they just changed their minds so they could keep the excuse for military campaigns.

All I hope for in RE7 is for Chris to finally just f**king die, like get killed by Alex, causing Claire to team up with Leon once again and hunt him down, maybe Alex could kidnap Ada and use her for some kind of special virus or something to motivate Leon, I don't know, Capcom sucks at writing anyway, it'll be something like that.
I do think that there is not much Capcom can do now. Chris also has been getting on my nerves lately. I don't think they should completely take him out of the series, but he definitely needs to take a back seat for a couple games.

AlexiaAshford

As I said, Chris is overused and I think he shouldn't have been in RE6 to begin with, but the game did leave room for future development of his character. This has nothing to do with me liking or disliking him (actually, I don't like both Chris and Jill, I find them dull, boring characters) but it seems very unlikely that Capcom plans to just end his story with the events from RE6. They could have ended his story with RE5 though, that would be completely fine, but unfortunately, they didn't. It would be better if Capcom chooses to make him appear as a secondary character or only in cameo roles from now on 'cause yeah, he was in the spotlight more than enough times.

I'd also like if some major character died, but unfortunately this is practically impossible now. I think they didn't kill Chris because doing this would be "too much of a risk", Capcom doesn't want to lose any part of the fandom.

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
http://nerdreactor.com/2014/05/04/wesker-to-return-to-resident-evil-series/
There's a rumor going around that Wesker will be returning in Resident Evil 7, as Ken Lally, Wesker's mo cap actor tweeted a photo of him and Reuben Langdon(Chris Redfield Mo cap) in the motion capture studio all dressed up in the mo cap gear.
Although DC Douglas stated that he hasn't been called yet so this is strange.

Once Wesker was killed off in RE5, that was pretty much it for Resident Evil, Wesker wasn't just the villain of Resident Evil, he WAS Resident Evil, he was the one who started it all in the first game and he developed over the entire series, the franchise is nothing without him and RE6 was proof that Resident Evil is done and done.
Yeah I think bringing Wesker back would be cheap, but I've lost all respect for Resident Evil so I'd be happy if Wesker was brought back just for the sake of seeing him again.
What's the point in seeing Wesker again or bringing him back! He's dead or If Capcom find an excuse that his clone died! but whatever. I'd like to see Story moves on...Tho including Claire, Jill, Leon, Chris, Rebecca and any character from old Resident evil.

xMobilemux

What's the point in seeing Wesker again or bringing him back! He's dead or If Capcom find an excuse that his clone died! but whatever. I'd like to see Story moves on...Tho including Claire, Jill, Leon, Chris, Rebecca and any character from old Resident evil.
From Capcom's point of view "Wesker = $$$$"

RE5 is the highest selling in the series and the backlash to Wesker's death was massive and was considered to be the end of Resident Evil because Wesker was the big bad guy of the Resident Evil franchise, so after RE5 a lot of fans considered RE to be finished and when RE6 didn't see as much as Capcom wanted, Capcom is probably thinking "we have to bring back Wesker to show that RE isn't finished, we need da money!!".

I've been thinking since we've only seen the pic of Wesker's mo cap actor and DC Douglas has stated he hasn't been called in, that might mean that Alex Wesker and Albert Wesker will share a mo cap actor, who knows?

DarkJackal

I love Wesker as well. But I would find it be a big load of BS if he turns out to be alive as well. Even more so if there's a clone of him.

Whats the most BS is that they decided to "kill" him in the first place. As much I like him I don't wanna have RE stories with such little integrity and have it be that kinda story where anyone can just be brought back.

I don't think it's fair to compare RE1-3 sales to RE5 being over a decade apart. You know how much gaming has growin since then?

Wesker wasn't the main villain I think. I think that goes to Umbrella. RE6 didn't do as well because it sucked. RE games have just gotten worse. The incredibly stupid enemies and Micheal Bayish action scenes are getting retarded. They keep trying to top themselves and in just a few more RE games in this rate i'm sure it'll be in space soon enough.

At no point during Wesker dying did I ever think RE is over now. RE is about a virus(well, multiple viruses -.-) Weskers death had no affect on the situation the world is in at all. Except I guess the world is a little better off since he was trying to **** it over even more.

But thats true about the money. All that matters is profit. And if bringing Wesker back will make it more popular, which it would of course. Then thats what will happen. And the bigger better action parts to go along with him.

BOWChronicles

I Am shocked that wesker was not a DLC for RE6 at least but RE 7 should add wesker and nemesis and even tyrant as a separate boss fights. it should start with Uroboros keeping Wesker alive but him losing Uroboros out of his body for letting out a lot of energy for keeping wesker alive. Then Wesker son Jake still looks a little worry about what chris says. But with little Uroboros left in Weskers body he multiplys them by millions then a distress call show that a big impact has risin for away from the valcano when wesker died Chris goes alone but Leon wants to tag in. But there is more Wesker knows he has a son with the antibodys and wants it all by himself then wesker truns and pulls up his glasses and say
( Im back in business ).

tell me what you think will it bre good or bad for a stroy like this for a example

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium

RE5 is the highest selling in the series and the backlash to Wesker's death was massive and was considered to be the end of Resident Evil because Wesker was the big bad guy of the Resident Evil franchise, so after RE5 a lot of fans considered RE to be finished and when RE6 didn't see as much as Capcom wanted, Capcom is probably thinking "we have to bring back Wesker to show that RE isn't finished, we need da money!!".

I've been thinking since we've only seen the pic of Wesker's mo cap actor and DC Douglas has stated he hasn't been called in, that might mean that Alex Wesker and Albert Wesker will share a mo cap actor, who knows?
...Obviously Capcom DOESN'T think "Wesker = $$$" or else they would have found SOME way to implement him as DLC in RE6. I don't think many fans considered RE5 to be the end of the series at ALL...Hell, I can think of SEVERAL fans who IMMEDIATELY looked for RE6 after five was over. And even on this website they created a "Resident Evil 6" tab so that we could discuss possibilities of RE6, and everyone here went ballistic...Capcom didn't see cash, NOT because of the absence of Wesker, but simply because people weren't jazzed about the direction the series was going gameplay wise. If they made a horror game, it would sell, Wesker or NOT.

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子

He can't be bad guy forever, For me. I really liked Carla Radames as bad guy, maybe even more than Wesker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom