• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Albert Wesker to return in RE7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
You're just another story hound who thinks that anyone who doesn't worship sh**ty story focused games and even more sh**ty streamlined games like DmC is just a CoD hound? I know, I've meet hundreds of people like you.
I've explained in legit detail over and over again why DmC is sh*t but story hounds like you will never accept it because you only like stories and you'll just resort to calling me a CoD hound, just like EVERY SINGLE story hound I've talked to, calling people a CoD hound is all you story hounds have and it's sad really.
If you'd been paying attention to anything I've been saying over story focused games on this forum in the past and clearly you haven't, it's how much I hate generic games and you what? Story focused games ARE the generic crap I hate, they focus entirely on their stories and the ends up gameplay sucking, but since you only like story, you wouldn't understand.

I don't want Wesker back SO bad, Resident Evil can just go die for all I care, it's sh*t now, I only want to see Wesker back just for the sake of seeing him back in a RE game, I know Alex Wesker will just last one game and be killed off, so why the hell should I give a damn?
Resident Evils story has always been stupid and ridiculous whether you like it or not and since RE6 has royally f**ked it up with cloning and s**t, bringing Wesker back wouldn't be surprising.
Wait a sec, what do you have against DmC and TR? DmC is great in ALOT more ways than just story. Don't get me wrong, the story is incredible. However, so are the graphics, gameplay, and the music definitely fits the environment.
Tomb Raider is pretty good, it has story, gameplay, graphics, and I love the controls.

And if you're saying that RE can die, then why are you even here?

Turo602

The King of Kings
It's no use... this dude's problem is that he's too "hip" for mainstream. That's why he couldn't list any inherent flaws with any of the games mentioned.

Neither gameplay or story make or break a game. I've seen great games thrive on gameplay or story alone. I've also seen bad games that attempt the same thing. But what really matters, good or bad, is the enjoyment that comes from those games.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
Wait a sec, what do you have against DmC and TR? DmC is great in ALOT more ways than just story. Don't get me wrong, the story is incredible. However, so are the graphics, gameplay, and the music definitely fits the environment.
Tomb Raider is pretty good, it has story, gameplay, graphics, and I love the controls.

And if you're saying that RE can die, then why are you even here?
Tell me how DmC Devil May Cry and Tomb Raider 2013 are better than past games in the franchise, WITHOUT mentioning ANYTHING related to the story, the character or the writing.
Because everyone I've argued with over those 2 s**t games ALWAYS use the story alone as an excuse to why they're great, they NEVER use the games themselves and even if they try, they just SAY the gameplay's just as good, they never explain why it's just as good or better, and why do they do that?
Because it'll ALWAYS come down to streamlining and dumbing down for casual gamers and they just don't wanna admit that they accept dumbed down games made for casuals in their favorite franchises.
Someone explain to me in detail why the gameplay in DmC & TR2013 is just as good or better than past games, tell me HOW TR2013 isn't Uncharted with a sex change, tell me how the gameplay of both games aren't made to suit the stories rather than the stories being made to suit the gameplay like in past games, TELL ME!!
Because I've already given you my valid points.

The gameplay in DmC is dumbed down in every way, such as, handholding, special moves in past games are now just button presses, lock on is gone, aerial combos are easy and no longer their own reward, styles are gone(unless you count demon and angel weapons, then they're just dumbed down), Devil Trigger is just awful, the combat variety is badly limited(color coded enemies & required heavy attack enemies) which often break combos, the boss battles are just things to look at(zero challenge), the game is slowed down drastically at 30fps, the ranking system is broken, the game is too easy(you can't get a desired challenged until you've already finished the game) and there's NO motivation to keep playing.
It's a game for casuals, as Capcom admittedly intended.
Those are just some of the bad things about DmC I can name off the top of my head, can anyone give me valid reasons why those things are good and "different" and are not dumbing down and streamlining for casuals?

As for Tomb Raider 2013, I refer you to a statement of mine that another member couldn't offer any valid counter point to, he just claimed it was "different".

Tomb Raider 2013 was a dumbed down bore with every possible modern gameplay cliche in the book, the exploration, puzzle solving, level design, difficulty and enemy variety of past games were all traded in for cover shooting, linear set pieces, non existent survival features, useless XP crap, QTEs, scripted events, cutscenes, regen health, hand holding, tacked on multiplayer and even repeating the same mistake that Aliens Colonial Marines made, generic human enemies.
If copying the trends of what's popular is considered different then I guess we should apologize to every franchise that has tried to copy Call of Duty because by that logic, they're not trying to copy CoD, they're trying to be "different", by being exactly the same as what's popular, well that makes sense doesn't it?
So yeah Tomb Raider 2013 didn't copy Uncharted by being the same as Uncharted, it's being "different".

Notice how I never mentioned anything story related with both of them? Now someone give me valid reasons to why those things I said are good or better or different or not streamlined.

Also.....
I want RE to die because even though I've lost a lot of respect for it, I still love Resident Evil, same as Devil May Cry, because I don't want them to live on as casual games, if they can be good again, I'll gladly love them again, but seriously, what are the odds of that happening?
Like I f**king HATE modern Capcom and want them dead, but I loved Capcom as a child and I want them to die so I can at least have good memories of them, I don't see them going back to being good.

If you dont want story in your game go play call of duty or other casual games !!! I for one am a huge fan of resident evil and metal gear... Story is the soul of a good franchise!
The casual ones are you people, people who settle for streamlining and dumbing down and even think it's progression, you think story is everything and it's sad really.
Plus you can't give me valid counter points to the very valid problems I list so you just fold and tell me to go play Call of Duty, just like all those whiners on Youtube do whenever someone criticizes their favorite game or because we want better than just stories.
I love Metal Gear and I do like it's story, but it's not the story alone that makes the franchise great and why I love it.
I love Devil May Cry and it's not because of the story, I love Ninja Gaiden and it's not because of the story, I love Mortal Kombat and it's not because of the story, I love Doom, Quake, Duke Nukem, Wolfenstein and it's not because of the story, I love Saints Row and it's not because of the story, I love Just Cause and it's not because of the story, also all the games I'm looking forward to this year are not because of their stories.
Alien Isolation, I'm hyped for that game because of it's revolutionary AI, it's story, if it's good is just a bonus, Wolfenstein The New Order is because I'm a huge Wolf fan and I wanna kill Nazi scum, I'm hyped for Bayonetta 2 because I wanna enjoy that intense gameplay and hang out with Bayo, who the hell plays Bayonetta for the story? I'm looking forward to The Evil Within because it's Shinji returning to Survival Horror, what Resident Evil should be doing, I'm now looking forward to Hitman 6 because I'm a Hitman fan and Square Enix seemed to have finally realized that dumbing down and streamlining is wrong and are making Hitman 6 for the core audience, the story was never the thing that kept me playing Hitman, there's also Mad Max which I'm looking forward to because it's done by the same devs who made Just Cause 2, then there's Monoliths RPG game "X", I'm hyped for that because the game looks awesome and I've always wanted to play an RPG with driveable mechs in it, if the stories good then it's a bonus, also there's Borderlands The Pre-Sequel, the story is getting better in those games, but it's the gameplay that I love in Borderlands, with the gazillions of guns.
There's already some games rumored that I'm looking forward to, not because of the stories, such as Just Cause 3 and a new Mortal Kombat, plus there's a possibility of Ritual Entertainment returning and making a new SiN, I really hope that's true.
The only real upcoming story focused games I'm looking at are Metal Gear Solid 5 and Batman Arkham Knight, but I'm already having second thoughts about those 2 games after Ground Zeroes and Arkham Origins.

I don't hate stories in games and I don't want them gone, all those games I play and those games I'm looking forward to have stories, some even have good stories, but it's not the stories that make me love them, I want story FOCUSED games gone or to at least bugger off to the P&C genre where they belong, like Telltale is doing, games like DmC and Tomb Raider where the story takes priority over gameplay and bait & switches like Last of Us need to go the f**k away.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Someone explain to me in detail why the gameplay in DmC & TR2013 is just as good or better than past games, tell me HOW TR2013 isn't Uncharted with a sex change, TELL ME!!

I don't believe that I can change your mind, and I don't want to either; if you hate the game, fine. But if you want to meet someone who likes more than just its story, well, here I am. Just let me point out a few things I don't agree with first. You say that the game no longer has these features:

exploration, puzzle solving, level design, difficulty

Exploration (and level design): This was toned down for TR2013. But as far as I'm concerned, that's not necessarily a bad thing. While I love TR3's big, intricate levels which offer many ways to go and sometimes even several ways to progress, I absolutely hated how The Last Revelation took this up to eleven by coldly allowing you to walk hundreds of miles in the wrong direction just for you to come across a locked door, realising the key must be sitting in some dark corner at the end of one of the other two possible paths you could have taken at the last crossroads, with no indication whatsoever of where to go first. I gave TR4 several chances in the course of time, but my playthroughs always ended in front of one of those stupid doors sooner or later and left me fed up with the game's trial and error exploration feature.
TR2013 still offers exploration, but it's voluntary. The game is only linear if you strictly follow the story, which is not so important to you anyway, but you are given the option to stray from the path and find artefacts, documents and other treasures at any time. While the "hidden" tombs are not as "hidden" as the developers would like us to believe, you'd have to lie to say that all the other stuff is easy to find and doesn't require any exploration at all. In the end, it's your call whether you do that or just move on with the story, so players who like this feature and those who don't both get their wish. And Tomb Raider does have some pretty intricate hubs, such as the mountain village or the beach complex, which are also beautiful to look at.

Puzzle solving: Yeah, everyone says that. "The new Tomb Raiders [not only the reboot, but Crystal's TRs in general] don't have any more puzzles." But seriously, when was TR ever about puzzles? That's a question I have asked countless times, and no one has been able to give me a satisfactory answer yet. Pulling levers, pushing movable objects on blatantly obvious pressure plates, finding a key or an artefact at point A and using it to unlock a door at point B - yeah, I don't call those puzzles. A puzzle is something that actually requires you to think, and whenever TR does come up with a situation that isn't obvious from the start, it usually works on moon logic, meaning you can't possibly find the solution unless you're able to read the developers' minds. Not that the reboot does a better job at puzzles, but as I said, there have never been any to begin with, so that's not a tradition to be upheld, and anyone who claims differently is either overchallenged by the easiest tasks or, as I assume, remembers the classics wrong because they confuse puzzles with exploration.

Difficulty: Clearly a matter of opinion. I recently replayed a few of the older games, and most of the difficulties I faced were due to the clunky controls (I'm talking about the classics here; don't even get me started on the Angel of Darkness). Problems that are caused by malfunctioning game mechanics are called fake difficulty in my book, much like the sudden camera swings in RE6 that make Nivanfield's escape from Haos such a rage-quit-inducing pain in the ass. To me, TR2013 is more difficult than most of its predecessors because Lara isn't so ridiculously overpowered anymore (at least not at first), but a lot easier to kill, and she has to aim by herself. I totally suck at aiming, maybe you don't... But as I said, what's truly difficult and what isn't is a matter of opinion.

[...]were all traded in for cover shooting, linear set pieces, non existent survival features, useless XP crap, QTEs, scripted events, cutscenes, regen health, hand holding, tacked on multiplayer and even repeating the same mistake that Aliens Colonial Marines made, generic human enemies.
I'm not sure if my memory is right on this, but didn't you say a long time ago in a different thread that you liked all TR games except the reboot? Because most of these features have already been around since Legend, and Legend itself was much more guilty of all the flaws you're pointing out about TR2013, so why didn't it already bother you back then?

But now, let's get to the original question: What's so great about this game, besides the story? Well, my simple answer is that it wasn't the story that kept me going when I first played it, and it isn't the story that makes me want to replay it nowadays. Not that the story is bad (it's actually one of the better plots in the franchise), but I actually had fun playing this game, and still have.
Personally, I like running around in a visually stunning natural environment, I like looking for objects and fulfilling other tasks even though they don't necessarily move the game forward, I like the combat system which is relatively new to me, and I like the action. Yes, action! Tomb Raider has been called an action adventure since 1996, but it has always bothered me that there never was any real "action" outside the fighting and cutscenes, and TR2013 finally gives us that right from the beginning. Whether it's sliding down a slope at terrific speed while avoiding deadly obstacles on the way, escaping from a collapsing cave or jumping over the rooftops of a burning city with a fantastic soundtrack accentuating the atmosphere, for the first time I actually feel like I'm controlling an action heroine, not just an adventurer archaeologist. It feels like she's both now.
The story is a nice accessory which I greatly appreciate, but as you can see, it's not the only thing one can like about this game. Of course this is yet another matter of opinion, so your question might still not be answered in the end, but how are we supposed to justify what we like? I also can't explain why I prefer the colour red over green, I just do. TR2013 may be Uncharted with a sex change (I don't know because I've never played the latter), but didn't Uncharted originally start out as Tomb Raider with a sex change? I don't mind, and as long as it's still fun, I'll continue playing it.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Enjoyment is subjective, the actual skill that went into crafting the game isn't. Tomb Raider, while lacking in the puzzle department compared to the previous games, is still magnificently crafted. The story and characters are hardly what make the game, as they are some of the weaker elements in it, with the exception of Lara's character. This game's success comes from its gameplay and design that I can honestly say, tops any of the Uncharted games. It's pretty stupid to expect Lara to be professionally raiding tombs and doing flips and **** when this is clearly a reboot and origin story. What I don't get is how one can be looking forward to a Batman Arkham game and trash Tomb Raider when both games have so much in common. Boo hoo, Tomb Raider changed. Hate it for that, don't lie about the actual quality.

Last edited:

xMobilemux

I don't believe that I can change your mind, and I don't want to either; if you hate the game, fine. But if you want to meet someone who likes more than just its story, well, here I am. Just let me point out a few things I don't agree with first. You say that the game no longer has these features:

Exploration (and level design): This was toned down for TR2013. But as far as I'm concerned, that's not necessarily a bad thing. While I love TR3's big, intricate levels which offer many ways to go and sometimes even several ways to progress, I absolutely hated how The Last Revelation took this up to eleven by coldly allowing you to walk hundreds of miles in the wrong direction just for you to come across a locked door, realising the key must be sitting in some dark corner at the end of one of the other two possible paths you could have taken at the last crossroads, with no indication whatsoever of where to go first. I gave TR4 several chances in the course of time, but my playthroughs always ended in front of one of those stupid doors sooner or later and left me fed up with the game's trial and error exploration feature.
TR2013 still offers exploration, but it's voluntary. The game is only linear if you strictly follow the story, which is not so important to you anyway, but you are given the option to stray from the path and find artefacts, documents and other treasures at any time. While the "hidden" tombs are not as "hidden" as the developers would like us to believe, you'd have to lie to say that all the other stuff is easy to find and doesn't require any exploration at all. In the end, it's your call whether you do that or just move on with the story, so players who like this feature and those who don't both get their wish. And Tomb Raider does have some pretty intricate hubs, such as the mountain village or the beach complex, which are also beautiful to look at.

Puzzle solving: Yeah, everyone says that. "The new Tomb Raiders [not only the reboot, but Crystal's TRs in general] don't have any more puzzles." But seriously, when was TR ever about puzzles? That's a question I have asked countless times, and no one has been able to give me a satisfactory answer yet. Pulling levers, pushing movable objects on blatantly obvious pressure plates, finding a key or an artefact at point A and using it to unlock a door at point B - yeah, I don't call those puzzles. A puzzle is something that actually requires you to think, and whenever TR does come up with a situation that isn't obvious from the start, it usually works on moon logic, meaning you can't possibly find the solution unless you're able to read the developers' minds. Not that the reboot does a better job at puzzles, but as I said, there have never been any to begin with, so that's not a tradition to be upheld, and anyone who claims differently is either overchallenged by the easiest tasks or, as I assume, remembers the classics wrong because they confuse puzzles with exploration.

Difficulty: Clearly a matter of opinion. I recently replayed a few of the older games, and most of the difficulties I faced were due to the clunky controls (I'm talking about the classics here; don't even get me started on the Angel of Darkness). Problems that are caused by malfunctioning game mechanics are called fake difficulty in my book, much like the sudden camera swings in RE6 that make Nivanfield's escape from Haos such a rage-quit-inducing pain in the ass. To me, TR2013 is more difficult than most of its predecessors because Lara isn't so ridiculously overpowered anymore (at least not at first), but a lot easier to kill, and she has to aim by herself. I totally suck at aiming, maybe you don't... But as I said, what's truly difficult and what isn't is a matter of opinion.

I'm not sure if my memory is right on this, but didn't you say a long time ago in a different thread that you liked all TR games except the reboot? Because most of these features have already been around since Legend, and Legend itself was much more guilty of all the flaws you're pointing out about TR2013, so why didn't it already bother you back then?

But now, let's get to the original question: What's so great about this game, besides the story? Well, my simple answer is that it wasn't the story that kept me going when I first played it, and it isn't the story that makes me want to replay it nowadays. Not that the story is bad (it's actually one of the better plots in the franchise), but I actually had fun playing this game, and still have.
Personally, I like running around in a visually stunning natural environment, I like looking for objects and fulfilling other tasks even though they don't necessarily move the game forward, I like the combat system which is relatively new to me, and I like the action. Yes, action! Tomb Raider has been called an action adventure since 1996, but it has always bothered me that there never was any real "action" outside the fighting and cutscenes, and TR2013 finally gives us that right from the beginning. Whether it's sliding down a slope at terrific speed while avoiding deadly obstacles on the way, escaping from a collapsing cave or jumping over the rooftops of a burning city with a fantastic soundtrack accentuating the atmosphere, for the first time I actually feel like I'm controlling an action heroine, not just an adventurer archaeologist. It feels like she's both now.
The story is a nice accessory which I greatly appreciate, but as you can see, it's not the only thing one can like about this game. Of course this is yet another matter of opinion, so your question might still not be answered in the end, but how are we supposed to justify what we like? I also can't explain why I prefer the colour red over green, I just do. TR2013 may be Uncharted with a sex change (I don't know because I've never played the latter), but didn't Uncharted originally start out as Tomb Raider with a sex change? I don't mind, and as long as it's still fun, I'll continue playing it.
Yes most of what you say is a matter of opinion and not really a valid counter point to what I'm saying, if you enjoy the game then awesome, I respect that, but pretty much everything you've stated just points at streamlining and dumbing down and being ok with it.
Also Yes, Uncharted was inspired by Tomb Raider and that's not a bad thing, but it's bad when the original series copies the games that were inspired by the original game, they never try to evolve their source material, they just copy off what's popular, I refer you to Shadow Warrior and it's reboot to get a idea of how a reboot should be.
I agree with what you say about pretty much all CORE TR games after 3 pretty much sucked, but I also have to disagree with what you said about me liking Legend, Underworld and Anniversary when they are the same as the reboot, because they aren't, not by a long shot, while I don't consider those 3 games to be great, I do think they're fairly good because Legend took what the first 3 games did right and reworked them pretty well, the platforming, gymnastic shooting, enemy variety, puzzles, vehicle segments etc, those 3 game tweaked it all pretty well and we had 3 decent games that tried to evolve what past games did right and also did their own thing as well, they had flaws too, such as QTEs and the like, but the reboot throws away all originality and just becomes Uncharted with boobs. If I want Uncharted I'll play Uncharted, if I want Tomb Raider, I'm s**t out of luck now.
Most of TR2014 is just pointless and shouldn't even be in the game, it's only there for the story, even games from the PS2 era have done it better.
Tomb Raider 2013 was keyword here "marketed" as a game about survival, I saw all the marketing about "A Survivor is Born" and the Guide to Survival videos when the game itself has absolutely nothing survival related, again, apart from its story.
For example, the part near the beginning of the game where Lara finds the bow and then kills a deer for "food", after that pointless segment, you don't ever have to do that again the entire game, Lara never starves, never looses strength or anything, what was the point of that?
A game that was made 9 years ago did that better and is considered to be one of the greatest games ever made.
0.jpg
2025279-92470_metal_gear_solid_3_snake_eater_playstation_2_screenshot_when.jpg

Metal Gear Solid isn't as story focused as people think, it's one of the few franchises that still manage to balance gameplay and story perfectly, which is one of the reasons why I love it, if Metal Gear Solid 3 had good survival features along with an incredible story, why couldn't Tomb Raider? Because of dumbing down obviously, no more searching for medkits like in past TR games or fixing yourself up like in MGS, just regen health like in a generic cover shooter.

LMFAO! Valid points? Oh my god! XD I'm stopping there. I swear, Pewdiepie fans are crazy...
Exactly the kind of reply I expected from you.
Where's your counter points? Oh right you don't have any do you?

Last edited:

Turo602

The King of Kings
Exactly the kind of reply I expected from you.
Where's your counter points? Oh right you don't have any do you?

My counter points have been made quite a while back. You've yet to debunk anything other than cry over and over again about small and/or irrelevant details. How about you come up with a better argument, because you haven't convinced anyone that these games are bad... Also, lol at your Metal Gear Solid statement. XD

xMobilemux

My counter points have been made quite a while back. You've yet to debunk anything other than cry over and over again about small and/or irrelevant details. How about you come up with a better argument, because you haven't convinced anyone that these games are bad... Also, lol at your Metal Gear Solid statement. XD
What counter points? You mean the idiotic statements that TR2013 and DmC are different? That's hilariously dumb and flat out wrong.

Tell me why those things I listed about DmC and TR2013 are good, better, different and/or not streamlined, give me counter points to them, that's what I'm asking for, not just one or two, all of them. But you still can't do that, at least Hel tried.

Also what's so lol about my MGS statement, you don't believe MGS had good gameplay? Oh yeah yeah.....right...story hound....I forgot.

Last edited:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
...How is most of what Hel said opinion...The only thing that I can think that's ACTUALLY an "Opinion" was the definition of Puzzles, which I can actually agree with, but that doesn't make it any less of an opinion...No, many valid points have been brought up to prove you wrong in most cases, however, you're too busy lying to yourself to even THINK about believing these valid points...I've read all of your posts...Thought them through...And while you OCCASIONALLY have a point, it's mostly just opinionated, hipster dribble...

Turo602

The King of Kings
What counter points? You mean the idiotic statements that TR2013 and DmC are different? That's hilariously dumb and flat out wrong.

Tell me why those things I listed are about DmC and TR2013 good, better, different and/or not streamlined, give me counter points to them, that's what I'm asking for, not just one or two, all of them. But you still can't do that, at least Hel tried.

Also what's so lol about my MGS statement, you don't believe MGS had good gameplay? Oh yeah yeah.....right...story hound....I forgot.

Butthurt much?

LMAO! Idiotic statements? Okay, tell me. How are those games not different from their previous entries? You're full of contradictions...

For example, your contradicting statements about Uncharted vs Tomb Raider? You seem to hate how "streamlined" video games are, yet, don't mind Uncharted, a much more linear game with laughable puzzles, health regeneration, and less interesting gameplay than Tomb Raider. If you can handle playing Uncharted and not Tomb Raider, than you're nothing more than a Playstation fanboy. Oh sorry, not fanboy, "hound."

Also, that last point about Metal Gear Solid balancing gameplay and story... stupid. How is a franchise with more cutscene than gameplay doing a great job at balancing both things? Metal Gear Solid is a storied franchise with poor controls. You get better gameplay from the Splinter Cell series. It's sad when someone has to lie to make a point...

xMobilemux

Butthurt much?

LMAO! Idiotic statements? Okay, tell me. How are those games not different from their previous entries? You're full of contradictions...

For example, your contradicting statements about Uncharted vs Tomb Raider? You seem to hate how "streamlined" video games are, yet, don't mind Uncharted, a much more linear game with laughable puzzles, health regeneration, and less interesting gameplay than Tomb Raider. If you can handle playing Uncharted and not Tomb Raider, than you're nothing more than a Playstation fanboy. Oh sorry, not fanboy, "hound."

Wanna know why I liked Uncharted, because it was that way when it was conceived and it's still being that way now, it was made that way from the get go, it was a new IP doing it's own thing, just like God of War was, neither of them really improved with their sequels, all games of both franchises are the same with only story changes, same with God of War, you could even call Uncharted and God of War the Call of Duties of adventure games, which is why I didn't like God of War Ascension and not looking forward to Uncharted 4, because I doubt they're gonna improve.
Tomb Raider 2013 just stops being Tomb Raider and decides to be Uncharted with a sex change. Yeah it's different, it's not Tomb Raider anymore.

Obviously TR2013 is different from past games, but it's exactly the same as Uncharted which I've already played 3 times over. DmC is just dumbed down and TR2013 is Uncharted with boobs, it's laughable that you think dumbing down and copying what's popular is different and even more laughable that you think it's improvement.
Also, that last point about Metal Gear Solid balancing gameplay and story... stupid. How is a franchise with more cutscene than gameplay doing a great job at balancing both things? You're full of lies... Metal Gear Solid is a storied franchise with poor controls. You get better gameplay from the Splinter Cell series.
I just gave you proof in pictures right there! MGS3 does Survival gameplay better than Tomb Raider in every way, I don't know of any other 3rd person adventure games from the PS2 era that don that survival gameplay and have an amazing story.
You clearly don't know anything about MGS.
Metal Gear Solid balances story and gameplay evenly, but story hounds wouldn't know that.
You really think MGS is only good because of it's story? Yeah it's story is awesome, but no, the story alone isn't why it's awesome.
That just proves my point yet again that you are nothing but a story hound, you only care about story and you STILL can't give me valid counter points to what I've said in my earlier post.

Here, try again:
The gameplay in DmC is dumbed down in every way, such as, handholding, special moves in past games are now just button presses, lock on is gone, aerial combos are easy and no longer their own reward, styles are gone(unless you count demon and angel weapons, then they're just dumbed down), Devil Trigger is just awful, the combat variety is badly limited(color coded enemies & required heavy attack enemies) which often break combos, the boss battles are just things to look at(zero challenge), the game is slowed down drastically at 30fps, the ranking system is broken, the game is too easy(you can't get a desired challenged until you've already finished the game) and there's NO motivation to keep playing.
It's a game for casuals, as Capcom admittedly intended.
Those are just some of the bad things about DmC I can name off the top of my head, can anyone give me valid reasons why those things are good and "different" and are not dumbing down and streamlining for casuals?
Tomb Raider 2013 was a dumbed down bore with every possible modern gameplay cliche in the book, the exploration, puzzle solving, level design, difficulty and enemy variety of past games were all traded in for cover shooting, linear set pieces, non existent survival features, useless XP crap, QTEs, scripted events, cutscenes, regen health, hand holding, tacked on multiplayer and even repeating the same mistake that Aliens Colonial Marines made, generic human enemies.
There's my points, now give me counter points to them.
I'll say it again and I'll even dumb it down for you 2 since that seems to be the only way.
- Tell me why the special moves from past games being button presses are improvements and not dumbing down.
- Tell me why lock on being gone is an improvement for the combat and is not dumbing down.
- Tell me why aerial combos being dumbed down full stop are improvements.
- Tell me why color coded and heavy attack enemies are better for the combo combat DMC is known for.
- Tell me why boss battles no longer being their own accomplishments is good for Devil May Cry as is not dumbing down.
- Tell me why that new Devil Trigger is an improvement over the old one.
- Tell me why slowing the game down at 30fps was a good idea and not dumbing down or lazy developers.
- Tell me why the games hardest default difficulty being insultingly easy was not dumbing down.
- Tell me why demonic and angel weapons are better than style switching and are not dumbing down.
- Hell, Tell me why Capcom admitting they wanted the game to be for casuals is not dumbing down.

Tell me why DmC Devil May Cry is a better game than past games without mentioning ANYTHING story related!

- Tell me why Tomb Raider becoming a cover shooter is not copying Uncharted and not dumbing down.
- Tell me how linear set pieces is different from Uncharted and not dumbing down.
- Tell me how TR2013 is a game about surviving by hunting animals for food.
- Tell me how QTEs are improvements, are different and not dumbing down.
- Tell me how scripted events are different from Uncharted and not dumbing down.
- Tell me why countless cutscenes are different from Uncharted and are improvements to the game.
- Tell me how regen health is different from Uncharted and not dumbing down.
- Tell me how hand holding is not dumbing down.
- Tell me how tacked on multiplayer is not desperate.
- Tell me how generic human enemies is enemy variety.

Tell me how Tomb Raider 2013 is different from Uncharted and not dumbed down without mentioning ANYTHING story related!

Get to it.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Wanna know why I liked Uncharted, because it was that way when it was conceived and it's still being that way now, it was made that way from the get go, it was a new IP doing it's own thing, just like God of War was, neither of them really improved with their sequels, all games of both franchises are the same with only story changes, same with God of War, you could even call Uncharted and God of War the Call of Duties of adventure games, which is why I didn't like God of War Ascension and not looking forward to Uncharted 4, because I doubt they're gonna improve.
Tomb Raider 2013 just stops being Tomb Raider and decides to be Uncharted with a sex change. Yeah it's different, it's not Tomb Raider anymore.

Obviously TR2013 is different from past games, but it's exactly the same as Uncharted which I've already played 3 times over. DmC is just dumbed down and TR2013 is Uncharted with boobs, it's laughable that you think dumbing down and copying what's popular is different and even more laughable that you think it's improvement.

I just gave you proof in pictures right there! MGS3 does Survival gameplay better than Tomb Raider in every way, I don't know of any other 3rd person adventure games from the PS2 era that don that survival gameplay and have an amazing story.
You clearly don't know anything about MGS.
Metal Gear Solid balances story and gameplay evenly, but story hounds wouldn't know that.
You really think MGS is only good because of it's story? Yeah it's story is awesome, but no, the story alone isn't why it's awesome.
That just proves my point yet again that you are nothing but a story hound, you only care about story and you STILL can't give me valid counter points to what I've said in my earlier post.

Here, try again:

There's my points, now give me counter points to them.
I'll say it again and I'll even dumb it down for you 2 since that seems to be the only way.
- Tell me why the special moves from past games being button presses are improvements and not dumbing down.
- Tell me why lock on being gone is an improvement for the combat and is not dumbing down.
- Tell me why aerial combos being dumbed down full stop are improvements.
- Tell me why color coded and heavy attack enemies are better for the combo combat DMC is known for.
- Tell me why boss battles no longer being their own accomplishments is good for Devil May Cry as is not dumbing down.
- Tell me why that new Devil Trigger is an improvement over the old one.
- Tell me why slowing the game down at 30fps was a good idea and not dumbing down or lazy developers.
- Tell me why the games hardest default difficulty being insultingly easy was not dumbing down.
- Tell me why demonic and angel weapons are better than style switching and are not dumbing down.
- Hell, Tell me why Capcom admitting they wanted the game to be for casuals is not dumbing down.

Tell me why DmC Devil May Cry is a better game than past games without mentioning ANYTHING story related!

- Tell me why Tomb Raider becoming a cover shooter is not copying Uncharted and not dumbing down.
- Tell me how linear set pieces is different from Uncharted and not dumbing down.
- Tell me how TR2013 is a game about surviving by hunting animals for food.
- Tell me how QTEs are improvements, are different and not dumbing down.
- Tell me how scripted events are different from Uncharted and not dumbing down.
- Tell me why countless cutscenes are different from Uncharted and are improvements to the game.
- Tell me how regen health is different from Uncharted and not dumbing down.
- Tell me how hand holding is not dumbing down.
- Tell me how tacked on multiplayer is not desperate.
- Tell me how generic human enemies is enemy variety.

Tell me how Tomb Raider 2013 is different from Uncharted and not dumbed down without mentioning ANYTHING story related!

Get to it.

...You make my head hurt...

Stupidity does that to you. At this point, he's not even worth the time. He continues on making the same invalid claims that all I'm really going to be doing is repeating myself. All the facts are in the thread. You can't help the delusional, plain and simple. I guess all those Pewdiepie videos have melted his brain.

xMobilemux

And there it is, no counter points to what I've said. Just insults.

Don't feel bad guys, I've argued with many people over the dumbing down of DmC and Tomb Raider and non have been able to answer those very valid points.

If you wanna leave, then leave, I believe you said you were done with me, so go and let this thread go back on point about Wesker coming back to Resident Evil.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
And there it is, no counter points to what I've said. Just insults.

Don't feel bad guys, I've argued with many people over the dumbing down of DmC and Tomb Raider and non have been able to answer those very valid points.

If you wanna leave, then leave, I believe you said you were done with me, so go and let this thread go back on point about Wesker coming back to Resident Evil.
What point? Almost everyone agrees it's a bad idea...

xMobilemux

What point? Almost everyone agrees it's a bad idea...
Bad idea or not, it's a thread about Wesker coming back, not arguing over story focused games, thanks for that by the way.
If you guys wanna keep arguing about DmC and Tomb Raider I'll open up another thread.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I like winning.

Also, isn't it a little streamlined and story houndish to want Wesker back? That's all story hounds care about, Wesker. #brofist

xMobilemux

Winning? You still haven't given me any counter points, what exactly are you winning? If anything I'm still 100% right about DmC and Tomb Raider, unless you prove me wrong by proving those points of mine wrong, which you clearly can't.

Resident Evil has already fallen victim to streamlining and story focus and I don't see it changing, so f**k it, RE can go all fan service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom