• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Albert Wesker to return in RE7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
I've told you already why it sucks, but fine I'll tell you again.

-DmC is too f**king easy, I played the game on the hardest default mode on my first try and found no challenge at all.
- No Lock On
-The learning curve is gone, past DMCs had you learning more advanced moves to pull off better combos and get even more better at the game, therefor allowing you to achieve the rewarding SSS combos, in DmC it's just given to you.
- Boss battles are nothing in this game, in past games they served as the most entertaining & challenging parts, they were just like normal enemies with bigger health bars and more moves, forcing you to use the skills the learned the best you could, in DmC they can just be beaten by spamming the standard attack and dodge buttons.
- Combat variety is dumbed down with color coded enemies forcing you to use the same attacks over and over again.

Then there's the other things like New awful Dante, the awful story etc.

I'm sorry... I can't take your opinion seriously if you think those games focus on story over gameplay. Which btw, all have great gameplay.
No they don't, Hitman streamlines almost everything, Last of Us was a flat out lie and is just generic, Tomb Raider 2013 has every single generic modern gameplay cliche in the book, Spec Ops and Binary Domain both had the same generic cover shooter gameplay.

Turo602

The King of Kings
No they don't, Hitman streamlines almost everything, Last of Us was a flat out lie and is just generic, Tomb Raider 2013 has every single generic modern gameplay cliche in the book, Spec Ops and Binary Domain both had the same generic cover shooter gameplay.

Last of Us, generic? Tomb Raider, generic? Hitman, streamlined? Whatever that means... As for Spec Ops and Binary Domain... Who cares? Hmm, let me guess, you think Devil May Cry 3 is a great game, right? Pfft, from what I've played, DmC is a much better game. Difficulty doesn't make a game great, and Dante was f*ckin' annoying in DMC 3, just as much as he is in DmC. Let's also not pretend that any of those games have great stories. Those games excel because of gameplay and DmC has superior gameplay to any other game in the series.

Tomb Raider, Hitman, and The Last of Us are all better games than any game in the Devil May Cry series...

xMobilemux

I just listed some of what's wrong with DmC in the post above you, DmC is sh*t and made for newbies & casuals, Capcom even admitted that, DMC vets like me can complete the game on the hardest mode with no problems at all. With past games, challenge was a key factor in DMC, they were video games, DmC is just a streamlined show and tell, nothing more.
DMC3 is easily the best in the franchise, when I first faced Cerberus, I must of died like 30 times before I beat him, but I was having so much fun I wanted to keep on playing, with DmC I could stroll on through with no effort at all.

Tomb Raider 2013 was a dumbed down bore with every possible modern gameplay cliche in the book, the exploration, puzzle solving, level design, difficulty and enemy variety of past games were all traded in for cover shooting, linear set pieces, non existent survival features, useless XP crap, QTEs, scripted events, cutscenes, regen health, hand holding, tacked on multiplayer and even repeating the same mistake that Aliens Colonial Marines made, generic human enemies. TR2013 is just another streamlined show and tell.

Hitman Absolution wasn't as bad, but it's still streamlined with that f**king instinct mode and the most condescending tutorial I've ever been subjected to.

With Spec Ops and Binary Domain, those games were said to have great stories, but the games themselves suck, see the problem?

For Last of Us I refer you to this:
Seriously watch this.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Okay... so what? Wesker's the main villain. He doesn't have to be in your face. I'm not defending the claim the a character is a series, but he's simply what Shredder is to the TMNT, what Magneto is to the X-Men, what Lex Luthor is to Superman. Unless we're talking 4 and up.
I understand, and I'm not arguing with YOU on that fact. I'm arguing that in the beginning he was saying that Wesker IS Resident Evil. I was saying two of these four games prove that statement false. It's not the SAME without him, but to say he IS Resident Evil is just false. And I was using these games as an example.

Your standards don't seem to be really high...
It's not about high standards...How exactly is what I said WRONG. If you can point it out, case by case, then I'm happy to concede, but I just don't get your logic. I'm not saying it's the greatest story ever, but I've clearly stated how it's not simply "Cartoon Fun." It's really no different than you'd see in any big name action movie.
Yes, because manipulation and a red thing on your chest that gives you superhuman abilities is totally the same thing... Dude, even Wesker was cheesy. His lines are insane in Resident Evil 5.
A red thing on the chest is no different at ALL than a Virus that makes people go crazy, or raise from the dead. Again, that's something NO different than what would be seen in a modern day action movie.
I've told you already why it sucks, but fine I'll tell you again.

-DmC is too f**king easy, I played the game on the hardest default mode on my first try and found no challenge at all.
- No Lock On
-The learning curve is gone, past DMCs had you learning more advanced moves to pull off better combos and get even more better at the game, therefor allowing you to achieve the rewarding SSS combos, in DmC it's just given to you.
- Boss battles are nothing in this game, in past games they served as the most entertaining & challenging parts, they were just like normal enemies with bigger health bars and more moves, forcing you to use the skills the learned the best you could, in DmC they can just be beaten by spamming the standard attack and dodge buttons.
- Combat variety is dumbed down with color coded enemies forcing you to use the same attacks over and over again.

Then there's the other things like New awful Dante, the awful story etc.

You realize that after you beat it on the already unlocked hardest difficulty there are FOUR MORE to unlock. Ones that include only ONE hit and Dante is dead. Now you tell me that THAT'S easy. And also, ALL the DMC games can be beaten by spamming the Standard Attack and Dodge buttons. Hell, I've beaten DMC3 and DMC4 like that a few times, just for the sake of being funny...Obviously that's a bit of an exaggeration. I didn't sit down and think "I'm gonna run through the WHOLE game ONLY using Triangle and X. However, I have just sat there and spam attacked for level after level just because I wanted to quickly get through it. So in that respect this DmC game is NO different than the past ones...You don't want to admit it, but you're like nearly every other DmC hater in that you saw Dante's new look in the teaser, and instantly hated it. Now, after playing it, you're making up multiple excuses, not only to us, but to YOURSELF as well, so that you can fool yourself into hating this game, just because that was your preconceived notion from day 1...I'm not buying it. It's not the best game in the series, but it's a damn good one.

Also, Turo can tell you, I spend most of my time BASHING modern gaming. I'm almost EXCLUSIVELY a retro gamer...So for me to defend a modern game says something...

xMobilemux

I hated Dante's appearance from day 1 yes, but no, the game does suck, with DMC3 & 4 I played over and over again to get better and better at them, I never needed to do that with DmC and I didn't even want to, if the first playthrough on hard was so insultingly easy and the game itself was crap, why would I want to play a slightly less easy version of a crap game?
Normal mode on DMC3 & 4 were so challenging and games were just as great to keep me playing, DmC was just crap and boring.
The colorcoded enemies always f**ked up my chances at building up combos, the no lock on always screwed things up, the SSS ranks were so easy to get and I beat every boss battle by using the same attacks over and over.
The game's nothing but a streamlined show and tell and that's not an opinion. If you like it that's fine, but that is an opinion.
If Devil May Cry is dead forever because of DmC I have no problem with that, Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising and Ninja Gaiden are still here and still being what DmC should have been.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I hated Dante's appearance from day 1 yes, but no, the game does suck, with DMC3 & 4 I played over and over again to get better and better at them, I never needed to do that with DmC and I didn't even want to, if the first playthrough on hard was so insultingly easy and the game itself was crap, why would I want to play a slightly less easy version of a crap game?
Normal mode on DMC3 & 4 were so challenging and games were just as great to keep me playing, DmC was just crap and boring.
The colorcoded enemies always f**ked up my chances at building up combos, the no lock on always screwed things up, the SSS ranks were so easy to get and I beat every boss battle by using the same attacks over and over.
The game's nothing but a streamlined show and tell and that's not an opinion. If you like it that's fine, but that is an opinion.
If Devil May Cry is dead forever because of DmC I have no problem with that, Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising and Ninja Gaiden are still here and still being what DmC should have been.
You calling it "Streamlined" is your opinion as well.

Opinion - a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Streamline - make (an organization or system) more efficient and effective by employing faster or simpler working methods.

I've played every DMC game in the book. Did I beat this one sooner, yes. But did I run into all the problems that you're b*tching about...Not really...It's not a fact unless it's observed by every single person that played the game as well. And I'm willing to bet that my Roommate, a DIE HARD Devil May Cry fan would agree. He has praised it as being the best in the series. While I don't agree with that statement, I DEFINITELY agree that it's one of the best in the series.

Last edited:

xMobilemux

I'm just using streamlined as a word because I overused "dumbed down" in other arguments, but that still applies too, no it's not an opinion that DmC is dumbed down, Capcom admitted they wanted DmC to to be easy for casuals.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I'm just using streamlined as a word because I overused "dumbed down" in other arguments, but that still applies too, no it's not an opinion that DmC is dumbed down, Capcom admitted they wanted DmC to to be easy for casuals.
Admitting that they simplified something and saying that it's just totally and insulting the game and saying it's worthless cause it's "easy" are different...All they did was make the difficulty setting unlocked from the BEGINNING simple. Good luck with the others...But you're to judgmental and stuck in your ways to attempt them it seems...

xMobilemux

It's perfectly simple, they dumbed down the game for casuals, that's it. It didn't even work, DmC is the least selling game in the series.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I understand, and I'm not arguing with YOU on that fact. I'm arguing that in the beginning he was saying that Wesker IS Resident Evil. I was saying two of these four games prove that statement false. It's not the SAME without him, but to say he IS Resident Evil is just false. And I was using these games as an example.

It's an exaggeration, so what? I get what he means, and he's right. His presence is a major part of the series.

It's not about high standards...How exactly is what I said WRONG. If you can point it out, case by case, then I'm happy to concede, but I just don't get your logic. I'm not saying it's the greatest story ever, but I've clearly stated how it's not simply "Cartoon Fun." It's really no different than you'd see in any big name action movie.

And there you go, a big name action movie... That proves my point, it's dumb fun and it's all been done to death. You know how outrageous "big name" action movies are? Just look at the Resident Evil movies.

A red thing on the chest is no different at ALL than a Virus that makes people go crazy, or raise from the dead. Again, that's something NO different than what would be seen in a modern day action movie.

Like Resident Evil: Retribution. I agree, it's no different, and it doesn't help your case. Jill being brainwashed and turning on Chris and doing comic book moves is stupid. Chris fighting Wesker in a volcano... again, stupid. It's like a Saturday morning cartoon and that's okay.

I just listed some of what's wrong with DmC in the post above you, DmC is sh*t and made for newbies & casuals, Capcom even admitted that, DMC vets like me can complete the game on the hardest mode with no problems at all. With past games, challenge was a key factor in DMC, they were video games, DmC is just a streamlined show and tell, nothing more.
DMC3 is easily the best in the franchise, when I first faced Cerberus, I must of died like 30 times before I beat him, but I was having so much fun I wanted to keep on playing, with DmC I could stroll on through with no effort at all.

DMC 3 was meh. Bayonetta is a much better game. Again, difficulty doesn't make a game. Devil May Cry 3 and 4 both feel very slow and dumbed down compared to the first game which allowed you to switch combat styles on the fly. DmC still beats those games in terms of playability. Also, if you died 30 times on a fight, then you must really suck at the game. I never struggled that hard with it.

Tomb Raider 2013 was a dumbed down bore with every possible modern gameplay cliche in the book, the exploration, puzzle solving, level design, difficulty and enemy variety of past games were all traded in for cover shooting, linear set pieces, non existent survival features, useless XP crap, QTEs, scripted events, cutscenes, regen health, hand holding, tacked on multiplayer and even repeating the same mistake that Aliens Colonial Marines made, generic human enemies. TR2013 is just another streamlined show and tell.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about if you think Tomb Raider was awful... Its design was as fantastic as any of the recent Batman games, Metroid, and even Resident Evil 4. All great action adventure games, which this game is. You're b*tching because the game is different, not because it sucks. Please, name flaws with this game that make the game unplayable or stupid. Because I can, and it's nothing major. Poor puzzles, bland characters, and unforgettable story. Wow, this game is terrible...

Hitman Absolution wasn't as bad, but it's still streamlined with that f**king instinct mode and the most condescending tutorial I've ever been subjected to.

Cry me a river. Don't use that feature... There are different modes in the game, use them.

For Last of Us I refer you to this:
Seriously watch this.

I'm not watching a 10 minute video that I'll most likely disagree with and debunk... How about you form your own opinion instead?

Also, what's wrong with streamlining? If anything, that sounds like a major positive. They're called improvements.

It's perfectly simple, they dumbed down the game for casuals, that's it. It didn't even work, DmC is the least selling game in the series.

Resident Evil 5 is also the best selling game in the Resident Evil series...

Last edited:

xMobilemux

DMC 3 was meh. Bayonetta is a much better game. Again, difficulty doesn't make a game. Devil May Cry 3 and 4 both feel very slow and dumbed down compared to the first game which allowed you to switch combat styles on the fly. DmC still beats those games in terms of playability. Also, if you died 30 times on a fight, then you must really suck at the game. I never struggled that hard with it.
Wait what? DMC1 didn't have on the fly style swtiching, that was Dante in DMC4, do you even know which games you're talking about?
Those 30 times were on the first time I played DMC3 way back on the raw PS2 edition and the PS2 edition has a way harder mode.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about if you think Tomb Raider was awful... Its design was as fantastic as any of the recent Batman games, Metroid, and even Resident Evil 4. All great action adventure games, which this game is. You're b*tching because the game is different, not because it sucks. Please, name flaws with this game that make the game unplayable or stupid. Because I can, and it's nothing major. Poor puzzles, bland characters, and unforgettable story. Wow, this game is terrible...
I know exactly what I'm talking about, TR2013 is a clear example of how bad modern gaming has become, progression and innovation is no longer happening, just dumbing down and identity crisis' are happening and you are clearly ok with settling for mediocrity.

I'm not watching a 10 minute video that I'll most likely disagree with and debunk... How about you form your own opinion instead?
What's in the video isn't an opinion, it's undeniable fact, the game's AI was a big fat lie, the previews showed us this incredible game with revolutionary AI, the final production was just a generic cover shooter with idiots running up at you and shooting at you like any other shooter on the market today.

Also, what's wrong with streamlining? If anything, that sounds like a major positive. They're called improvements.
Oh my god....... -_-

Right I forgot.....I'm arguing with Story Hounds.

Last edited:

Turo602

The King of Kings
Wait what? DMC1 didn't have on the fly style swtiching, that was Dante in DMC4, do you even know which games you're talking about?

Don't play dumb... He had different fighting styles and you could switch between them, not after every level... Making the overall combat feel limited like in DMC 3.

I know exactly what I'm talking about, TR2013 is a clear example of how bad modern gaming has become, progression and innovation is no longer happening, just dumbing down and identity crisis' are happening and you are clearly ok with settling for mediocrity.

LMAO! What is that you're playing? Crysis 2? Serious Sam? Yeah, you know about top tier games... Games are supposed to be fun, functional, and engaging, all these games you've been trashing are all those. I know modern gaming has been trying to appeal to the average Call of Duty kid, but that in no way means games are getting worse. They haven't been better. If you can't see innovation or challenge in modern games, than that's really your own problem. Go play a game or something...

What's in the video isn't an opinion, it's undeniable fact, the game's AI was a big fat lie, the previews showed us this incredible game with revolutionary AI, the final production was just a generic cover shooter with idiots running up at you and shooting at you like any other shooter on the market today.

Oh really, tell me what game has perfect a.i. No game has genius a.i. ever, they've all been stupid and beatable. What does this take away from the game? You're just whining about the smallest things ever... Anyone can do that. I can tell you right now why Resident Evil 2 sucks and why it's such an easy game, because it really is. Resident Evil games aren't that hard. They have slow a.i. easily avoidable, and give you more than enough ammo and saves to survive. How is that different from Resident Evil 4? The puzzles aren't that challenging either. It's all pretty simple.

Oh my god....... -_-

I know right, you know nothing about gaming.

xMobilemux

Don't play dumb... He had different fighting styles and you could switch between them, not after every level... Making the overall combat feel limited like in DMC 3.
DMC1 didn't have style switching, it had weapon selection via a inventory like Resident Evil, DMC3 had styles and instant weapons switching, DMC4 had on the fly style switching via the d-pad and still had instant weapon switching, get your f**king facts straight.

LMAO! What is that you're playing? Crysis 2? Serious Sam? Yeah, you know about top tier games... Games are supposed to be fun, functional, and engaging, all these games you've been trashing are all those. I know modern gaming has been trying to appeal to the average Call of Duty kid, but that in no way means games are getting worse. They haven't been better. If you can't see innovation or challenge in modern games, than that's really your own problem. Go play a game or something...
I've only just started playing Crysis 2 after Crysis 3 because I'm bench marking my new PC, I'll see if it's fun after I finish it, Serious Sam is stupid fun though, games like DayZ and many other PC games are the real innovators and you know something, they're indie games.
AAA garbage like Tomb Raider & DmC are just streamlined show and tells made in order to desperately make money.
That's backed up by Capcom admitting to want the casual audience and Tomb Raider having every modern gameplay cliche ever.

Oh really, tell me what game has perfect a.i. No game has genius a.i. ever, they've all been stupid and beatable. What does this take away from the game? You're just whining about the smallest things ever... Anyone can do that. I can tell you right now why Resident Evil 2 sucks and why it's such an easy game, because it really is. Resident Evil games aren't that hard. They have slow a.i. easily avoidable, and give you more than enough ammo and saves to survive. How is that different from Resident Evil 4? The puzzles aren't that challenging either. It's all pretty simple.
No game does, that was what made the Last of Us such an interesting game in the first place, that AI was going to revolutionize survival games, now Last of Us is just a mediocre game, undeserving of the praise it got.
Look at Alien Isolation, if that AI is in the final game then that game is going to be an innovator, but I wouldn't expect a story hound like you to understand.

I know right, you know nothing about gaming.
No that's you. The fact that you think streamlining is an improvement is laughably stupid.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
e DayZ and many other PC games are the real innovators and you know something, they're indie games.
AAA garbage like Tomb Raider & DmC are just streamlined show and tells made in order to desperately make money.
Now it all makes Sense...Turo, there is no point in arguing with this guy...We're dealing with a hipster...

xMobilemux

No, you're dealing with a gamer who doesn't settle for mediocrity or think that taking steps back is progression.

But since you f**ked up this thread by calling me a CoD hound cause I don't settle for show and tells, the mods can go ahead and close it.

Turo602

The King of Kings
DMC1 didn't have style switching, it had weapon selection via a inventory like Resident Evil, DMC3 had styles and instant weapons switching, DMC4 had on the fly style switching via the d-pad and still had instant weapon switching, get your f**king facts straight.

Get YOUR f*ckin' facts straight. Those weapons changed his fighting style...

I've only just started playing Crysis 2 after Crysis 3 because I'm bench marking my new PC, I'll see if it's fun after I finish it, Serious Sam is stupid fun though, games like DayZ and many other PC games are the real innovators and you know something, they're indie games.
That's backed up by Capcom admitting to want the casual audience and Tomb Raider having every modern gameplay cliche ever.

LMFAO! Okay, I get it. Indie whore. Man, I'm done with you. I know your type, if you're gonna be an indie whore, at least play the good games...

No game does, that was what made the Last of Us such an interesting game in the first place, that AI was going to revolutionize survival games, now Last of Us is just a mediocre game, undeserving of the praise it got.
Look at Alien Isolation, if that AI is in the final game then that game is going to be an innovator, but I wouldn't expect a story hound like you to understand.

What's with your stupid terms? Story hound? Streamline show and tell? Man, you're lame. Also, you're scraping at the bottom of the barrel with that "insult" if it's even considered one.

No that's you. The fact that you think streamlining is an improvement is laughably stupid.

The fact that that's what the definition basically means... Especially when you're talking about linear games to begin with...

Anyway, like I said, I'm done. Go play on your keyboard or something. You're no longer worth my time. Trash me, call me stupid. I don't really care. It's pretty evident who's the idiot here. Since you like using videos instead of speaking your own words... take it away Chris.

xMobilemux

Glad that's over. :happy:

If anyone else wants to come into this thread and discuss Wesker coming back to RE, then by all means. :happy:

black 93

i love wesker, he's a great villain snd RE almost feels strange not having him in the background somewhere . However i think bringin him back would feel very cheap, if he's not dead now i dont know what would kill him. If they want to a wesker back, maybe explain abit more about that alex wesker that was mentioned in lost in nightmares?. As for albert, i think he should stay dead. We have his son now so he's not totally gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom