• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Albert Wesker to return in RE7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Darkening Sea

...ToCool NEVER said that we can't have a game without Wesker. He was saying that he WAS a crucial character and that he had been directly involved in all of those aforementioned games...We can have games without Wesker. He SHOULD stay dead. However, we CANNOT overlook how Crucial he was to the series during his time as the MAIN villain. And, he remains crucial to the series since Jake has his fathers blood, which we now know, is a cure...

Jake is half the man his father was. Jake has attitude and aggression that isn't validated, and even Sherry thinks he needs to calm down. Wesker would probably have rather had Sherry as his daughter than Jake as his son. At least she would be useful with C inside her.

The Darkening Sea

Why are you so fixated on us thinking that Wesker needs to come back...NONE of the three of us think that...

Because its what I think the series need to excite the fans once again. A part of Resident Evil died when Wesker was killed off, and its not just because of his importance in the series, but also because of how cherished he is. Ever more apparent is it now that he's gone.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Because its what I think the series need to excite the fans once again. A part of Resident Evil died when Wesker was killed off, and its not just because of his importance in the series, but also because of how cherished he is. Ever more apparent is it now that he's gone.
You can't have the same main villain for more than 20 years. Games have to make bold changes to evolve. Do you think Spider-Man would be entertaining if he fought the Green Goblin over and over with no changes (Like Peter-Parker ACTUALLY dying, which did in fact happen), or do you think that Star Wars would be enjoyable if it was constantly Chronicling Anakin...No, they moved form Chronicling Anakin to his son, Luke. Yes, Wesker is a part of RE that no one or nothing can take away. But no SINGLE character is "Resident Evil." The loss of ONE character will not ruin a franchise or a series...Wesker will always be cherished, but his ending was timely, and just, and let's not beat a dead horse just because some fans demand it because they're too afraid to evolve and change...

And also, whether or not you like Jake, is a moot point. We are just talking about how crucial Wesker is, and Jake only adds to my point. I don't care for him one way or another as a character, but he is yet ANOTHER reason that Wesker was crucial to RE.

Also, if you want him back SO badly, why did you start off this whole rant by stating "Wesker was never that crucial." If you want someone back, then you should make a case as to why they ARE so crucial...

Turo602

The King of Kings

Why do you keep talking about what you think people want when you yourself said he wasn't "that" crucial to the series? What's your point here? You keep dodging the chance to back up your claim with "people want Wesker."

let's not beat a dead horse just because some fans demand it because they're too afraid to evolve and change...

To be fair, his death was rushed. It lacked a proper build up due to how many years of nothings and nonsense went by. You can't compare him to someone like Darth Vader who's story was properly told or the Green Goblin who is one of the many villains Spider-Man fights. Not that a physical return should ever happen, but I can understand the need to want him back after what RE5 poorly did.

Last edited:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Why do you keep talking about what you think people want when you yourself said he wasn't "that" crucial to the series? What's your point here? You keep dodging the chance to back up your claim with "people want Wesker."

To be fair, his death was rushed. It lacked a proper build up due to how many years of nothings and nonsense went by. You can't compare him to someone like Darth Vader who's story was properly told or the Green Goblin who is one of the many villains Spider-Man fights. Not that a physical return should ever happen, but I can understand the need to want him back after what RE5 poorly did.
His ending would have been fine if it was JILL and Chris holding the rocket launchers, and not that waste of space Sheva...Also, yeah, his death was a little rushed...but I'd rather it be rushed and end the way it did, than Capcom find a ridiculous reason to explain him coming back...

The Darkening Sea

You can't have the same main villain for more than 20 years. Games have to make bold changes to evolve. Do you think Spider-Man would be entertaining if he fought the Green Goblin over and over with no changes (Like Peter-Parker ACTUALLY dying, which did in fact happen), or do you think that Star Wars would be enjoyable if it was constantly Chronicling Anakin...No, they moved form Chronicling Anakin to his son, Luke. Yes, Wesker is a part of RE that no one or nothing can take away. But no SINGLE character is "Resident Evil." The loss of ONE character will not ruin a franchise or a series...Wesker will always be cherished, but his ending was timely, and just, and let's not beat a dead horse just because some fans demand it because they're too afraid to evolve and change...

And also, whether or not you like Jake, is a moot point. We are just talking about how crucial Wesker is, and Jake only adds to my point. I don't care for him one way or another as a character, but he is yet ANOTHER reason that Wesker was crucial to RE.

Also, if you want him back SO badly, why did you start off this whole rant by stating "Wesker was never that crucial." If you want someone back, then you should make a case as to why they ARE so crucial...

I regard his 'ending' as an insult at best. Not because he actually died at the hands of Chris and Sheva (bless them), but because of the way Capcom wrapped up his character with anger, insanity, and sociopathy. It felt like a cheap end to a rich character. The Wesker children ordeal was squeezed in and it was a bit naff. It was the excuse for Wesker to turn mad and angry, and so quite unlike his former self that one had to wonder whether they wanted to quickly dispose of the character.

I think the way the fans feel towards the characters is what makes them essential to a long-running game series like this one. If Leon starts getting lots of hate, he will lose his crucial validity in the future. The franchise has long lost its survival horror feel, so that is one less leg to stand on. Bumping off a beloved villain (boys and girls enjoy equally and for different reasons) is almost a make or break situation, and currently the series is partially broken by swiping another leg it stood on.

Turo602

The King of Kings
His ending would have been fine if it was JILL and Chris holding the rocket launchers, and not that waste of space Sheva...Also, yeah, his death was a little rushed...but I'd rather it be rushed and end the way it did, than Capcom find a ridiculous reason to explain him coming back...

Like I said, he doesn't need to return in physical form but the need for closure is still there. I think I proposed an idea in another thread about him having a Jigsaw kind of role so that he can stay dead and get a last **** you to Chris and Jill which makes him look smarter and gives us insight into what sort of projects he's been working on in the years they skipped over. Besides, it can't get anymore ridiculous than a ****in' volcano death and dip**** child.

Kleine Welt

Resident Evil 5 Enthusiast
I don't understand all of this, "bring Wesker back," bull crap. He's dead. And whether or not you like that fact, it isn't going to change. If he comes back in any form, in any future games, if will be as a special DLC or like a mercenaries character.

I personally would love to see a Wesker based DLC. One where we get to play in his shoes a little bit and learn his whole story. However, I would hate to see Chris running from some zombies in a new game, only to look behind a closed door and find Wesker flipping him the bird saying, "Hey, did ya' miss me?"

And if you think that Wesker's death was bad just because Sheva shot a rocket at him, kindly **** off. You know damn well if Jill shot that, you'd still be wining about how his death was lame. And if you really think that you would have enjoyed the ending had Jill been a bigger part, then you're just a fan boy resistant to a little change (yes, there's a ton of bias in that last paragraph, no, I don't apologize).

Reactions: Hel

The Darkening Sea

I don't understand all of this, "bring Wesker back," bull crap. He's dead. And whether or not you like that fact, it isn't going to change. If he comes back in any form, in any future games, if will be as a special DLC or like a mercenaries character.

I personally would love to see a Wesker based DLC. One where we get to play in his shoes a little bit and learn his whole story. However, I would hate to see Chris running from some zombies in a new game, only to look behind a closed door and find Wesker flipping him the bird saying, "Hey, did ya' miss me?"

And if you think that Wesker's death was bad just because Sheva shot a rocket at him, kindly **** off. You know damn well if Jill shot that, you'd still be wining about how his death was lame. And if you really think that you would have enjoyed the ending had Jill been a bigger part, then you're just a fan boy resistant to a little change (yes, there's a ton of bias in that last paragraph, no, I don't apologize).

They could quite easily bring Albert Wesker back by making a set of prequels rather than sequels. Let’s say between the years of 2000-2005 would be a suitable time to explore. They would not even need to justify his presence in such an instance. Resident Evil hasn't much of a conceivable future in respect to the story. Leon is a government agent. He is a protagonist whore and most are getting sick of it. RE2, RE4, RE6, Darkside Chronicles, Degeneration, Damnation.

Leon, **** off!

Chris, the other major protagonist, is too old now and worn down. I’m not sure they can suck another story out of him.

Besides, neither one is able to excite the fans more than Albert Wesker. He has been voted (by poll vote) as not only the best villain, but also as the sexiest male character.

Kleine Welt

They could quite easily bring Albert Wesker back by making a set of prequels rather than sequels.

I don't think they would make a series of prequels based around Wesker. Maybe one, but no more than that. I think they should just do a DLC about him in the next game(s).

The Darkening Sea

I don't think they would make a series of prequels based around Wesker. Maybe one, but no more than that. I think they should just do a DLC about him in the next game(s).

No, I don't mean based around Wesker. I mean based in a time period where Wesker is still alive and can return quite reasonably. Trust me! The fans would f*****g LOVE IT. Pull in the sales, reap in the cash!

Kleine Welt

Oh my bad. I thought you meant games where Wesker is a main character. The only thing they could really do for prequels though would be telling another character's story during the events of another game. Like, what was Chris doing during Resident Evil 4, or what was Ada doing during Resident Evil 5 kinda' stuff. I'd buy those games, but I don't think they would 'reap in the cash' as you put it.

WeskerWanter

Hard Dog
Have been lurking around for a bit and following this thread, and finally feel like weighing in.

I'd personally love Wesker back. My objection to RE5 is how horribly handled his character was; as someone wrote, it's as if he was a completely different person, and it was if Capcom was going for a quick and sloppy way to dispatch him so they can bring in the new blood. I can accept the idea of Wesker dying, but not like that, which is why my head canon is that he's still alive.

TDS, I know for sure I'd be throwing money at Capcom if he returned, but at the same time they ravaged his personality so much that I'd be afraid that he'd be even more ridiculous - and given the choice between that and letting him go, I'd choose the latter.

WeskerWanter

Hard Dog
Yes, but based solely upon my own hypothesizing. I'm in no way claiming that anything in the canon actually supports the belief.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
To be fair, they didn't really screw up his CHARACTER. He has always been a sociopath, and by RE5 he was a sociopath with nearly UNPARALLELED power. Power changes people. So to me, it would be worse for his character to have not changed at ALL. And someone THAT sociopathic would surely be as incredibly insane as he was at the end when fighting Chris and Sheva. Yeah, the Volcano was a little much...But his actual character, it's incredibly believable that human would act that way...And he still has a human mind no matter how we slice it...

WeskerWanter

Hard Dog
I agree that he still had a human mind, certainly. But he changed so very much that he wasn't even recognizable, and I don't think it was a reasonable transition from what we'd seen before. Some of it comes down to opinion - we can both know Wesker's history and draw different conclusions as to what would be within his character to do and say. Going from the collected, precise, rational background character to the delusional "god" blundering and being as insane as you mentioned says to me that Capcom was tired of him and wanted him gone already, just as it is tiring of other characters (they were originally going to kill Chris instead of Piers) so they can continue on the series with a bunch of twenty-something characters.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I agree that he still had a human mind, certainly. But he changed so very much that he wasn't even recognizable, and I don't think it was a reasonable transition from what we'd seen before. Some of it comes down to opinion - we can both know Wesker's history and draw different conclusions as to what would be within his character to do and say. Going from the collected, precise, rational background character to the delusional "god" blundering and being as insane as you mentioned says to me that Capcom was tired of him and wanted him gone already, just as it is tiring of other characters (they were originally going to kill Chris instead of Piers) so they can continue on the series with a bunch of twenty-something characters.
But that's the thing. We shouldn't really be drawing two different conclusions that are this drastically different. In the vast majority of RE5 Wesker IS calm, cool, and collected. And those that remain the coolest and the calmest are the ones that will blow up the most. Just like in "Anger Management" when Jack Nicholson says there is the Cashier at the grocery store that deals with customers screaming and yelling at him over and over throughout the years, until he finally snaps and brings a gun to work...Wesker is no different really. He has ALWAYS had "God" complex in a sense. Even in REmake and the Umbrella Chronicles you can tell he has SUCH a superiority complex over every other character. In RE5 he's completely rational up until the end when he's driven SO mad because when someone with such a God complex (And this is speaking as someone who has a superiority complex, so I can relate) is proven wrong they can't bear it. It only makes sense that he is seen this way. After all, the only reason we didn't see him snap SOONER is because up until that point everything had gone according to plan. In REmake he lived after injecting himself with the virus. In 2003 he is the REASON Umbrella falls. On Rockfort Island he attacks the island and obtains the T-Veronica Virus. Ada obtains a few different viruses for him. I mean he ALWAYS is one step ahead of EVERYONE. And with such a God Complex, it only makes sense that he would lose his mind after coming out on bottom after ALWAYS being on top. That's really the only logical way to look at it. If you can show me logically why he SHOULDN'T have turned out that way, then by all means, enlighten me..

The Darkening Sea

To be fair, they didn't really screw up his CHARACTER. He has always been a sociopath, and by RE5 he was a sociopath with nearly UNPARALLELED power. Power changes people. So to me, it would be worse for his character to have not changed at ALL. And someone THAT sociopathic would surely be as incredibly insane as he was at the end when fighting Chris and Sheva. Yeah, the Volcano was a little much...But his actual character, it's incredibly believable that human would act that way...And he still has a human mind no matter how we slice it...

No, no, and absolutely no. Albert Wesker may have been sinister, smart, clever, conniving and a cocky bastard…but he was never psychotic. The RE5 version was something else. Taking over the world demeanour is just silly. If you want to believe that nonsense served justice to the series, then you’re even more stupid than I had you pegged down for.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
No, no, and absolutely no. Albert Wesker may have been sinister, smart, clever, conniving and a cocky bastard…but he was never psychotic. The RE5 version was something else. Taking over the world demeanour is just silly. If you want to believe that nonsense served justice to the series, then you’re even more stupid than I had you pegged down for.
...I never said he was psychotic. I said he was a sociopath. Which he is. And he has a God complex, which he DOES. He has ALWAYS had both of those things. And you can call me "stupid," all you want. I can spell "Demeanor" Also, if you don't think this would happen to a real person who already has the mentality that Wesker does, then you know nothing about psychology...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom