• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Would you like a remake on resident evil 2?

virre89

I guess this have already been discussed but the RE5 producer said back in November that he'd personally would love to go back and do a remake of resident evil 2 after resident evil 5 is finished.

Personally I'd love that, but I'd still be skeptic next gen style of Resident Evil :( , i wish it would be more in the style of the Re-gamecube remake.

(Well we can always hope huh...)

Hoady

Yeah me too the only one i played in the classic Re style was resident evil 0 it is what got me loving the Re series.I don't think they will go Resident Evil 4 style on it, it would probably be much easier for them to do an exact remake with better graphics and they might add a few little extras as well.If they were going to change the style of gameplay itself the only thing i can think of is them changing the aiming like it was in Resident Evil 4 but either way i'm always happy to play more Resident Evil.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
More RE games in the style of RE4 could not be a bad thing. Id like to see the remake with the RE4 style controls haha It would be scary in the manssion. bet the graphics woudl be good as well :/

virre89

[quote author=RE5. link=topic=688.msg17189#msg17189 date=1228909384]
More RE games in the style of RE4 could not be a bad thing. Id like to see the remake with the RE4 style controls haha It would be scary in the manssion. bet the graphics woudl be good as well :/
[/quote]

I'd hope they'd skip the RE4 style and go back to old school. Re has lost alot of what it was back in the days now with the modern stuff they started with in RE 4.

I guess what's most obvious is the lack of horror, the new games such as RE 4 and RE 4 is nothing in horror compared to the old games.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
I spose if they went back to the old stylee an made the graphics super realistic the horror would come back.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
i would love a resident evil 2 remake..
but not sure whether i would like it with the REmake engine, or RE4 engine..
i suppose either would be good, as long as they upped the amount of zombies walking about.
i dont think it will go ahead, but can always dream *sigh* .

RE4 style of gameplay is good, but it does take away some of the horror aspect, because with the REmake and for that matter RE2 & 3, the camera angles make it scary, not being able to see whats around that much and since you have pretty much full control over that in 4..it loses some suspense.

mastermind

even with the just the new aiming system the aim feature you can still see everything like you do in RE4 maybe not quite as good but still you would be able to see everything so just keep it the very same except the graphics like the original remake

Hunk104

Agreed but to have re4 point of view or a dead space point of view and aiming would be the best.

v iBaxter

no Capcom needs to understand that they must keep it a remote camera prespective dont go Mainstream its ( partially ) what makes Resident Evil what it was, teh fartheer of survival horror, i think they are trying to appeal to those who are new to the series put people didnt have trouble playing them in the 90s, it's not like a game like tekken would ever go first person it would ruin it, in a nutshell keep it the old way !!!PLEASE!!!:pinch:

Hunk104

guys the old game play sucked dead space has shown that you can totally have it re4 style and not suck. If you have it re2 remake with re4 contols in a bigger station but small hallways and little to no upgradingof your weapons it will be perfect!!! It's that upgrading that makes it to easy. Make the enemies harder, the station bigger, more puzzles or at least the same amount, and add new baddies to re 2 remake and it will be badass

D

Deleted member 1428

I hope they make a remake of all the REs.... you know, like Resident Evil Archives right? If they've made remakes of RE0, RE1, RE4 and imported them to wii, what's stopping them from remaking RE2 and 3? I just hope when they remake it, they keep classic RE camera style.

Sondre_norge

I would like to see a remake of evey game except the 4,and 5. With the same graphic, a bit of change to get a new twist. And the controle should be like re5 (for pc)

I dubout they will ever do this, atleast not before re6. But i will buy evey remake they do. (for pc, cant bother getting a ps3 or xbox360.

aintnoscrub

Premium
Firstly i've gotta say, this has been discussed at some length already on this forum. But like i say in all the other threads, yes please, a real remake, not just this crap they throw straight to wii. Resident evil 2 with over the shoulder controls would honestly work really well, as long as the suspense elements are still there and not just replaced with full on action sequences

Xcessive_Evil

Hunk104;61623 said:
guys the old game play sucked dead space has shown that you can totally have it re4 style and not suck.

While a RE2 remake would be totally awesome, comparing it to a game that is at the least 12 years ahead of it is about the silliest thing I've heard in quite some time.

Zebmeister

Wouldnt you think that remaking RE 2 and giving it that RE 4 style camera would also make the game a bit easier? I mean giving the player the option of being able to aim at the zombie and shoot it wherever they want pretty much means youre always gonna aim for the head cause you know zombie, head=dead, but then again they could give it that bit of realism by making ammo scarce ehhhh idk just a thought that popped into my head

aintnoscrub

Premium
if you did have free aim then obviously they would make it harder, i.e having the zombies super fast and coming at you in packs, and making ammo super unavailable would mean not being able to take every zombie out so having to use other weapons like steel pipes etc. things you find on the floor.

Hunk104

I'm not comparing re2 to dead space, dude. We're talking about a remade re2 in a today's aiming style. The old game style was great back then, but it sucks compared to today and making a remake and giving it a old gen aiming style is just dumb.Re 4 aim style was a great addition to the series put that together with scarce to at least moderate ammo supply and tons of bad guys perfect.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Zebmeister;61724 said:
Wouldnt you think that remaking RE 2 and giving it that RE 4 style camera would also make the game a bit easier? I mean giving the player the option of being able to aim at the zombie and shoot it wherever they want pretty much means youre always gonna aim for the head cause you know zombie, head=dead, but then again they could give it that bit of realism by making ammo scarce ehhhh idk just a thought that popped into my head

Not necerrarily. You have to shoot a cretain area of the head, like the center of the forehear or something, as in the Survivor and Chronicles series. In Dead Aim, for examle, you have to shoot the center of the forehead. Thet's hard when the zombies are walking and you have to aim quickly. They could manipulate the virus into makin stronger zombies, thicker bones around the brain, more stamina, thicker skin, etc.

One alternative, and this would be too action based, is to fight armies of tyrants instead of zombies.

Top Bottom